Author Topic: The Grimoire of Marisa  (Read 31325 times)

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
Re: The Grimoire of Marisa
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
why does Drake's scenario actually sound good
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »
Because it provides a way to make Twilight Spark canon, obviously. :V
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Drake

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »
Because I like to take canon events and rape them into awesome.
If you hadn't noticed I linked it into the Mima=Yuka thing I did months ago.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 09:58:15 PM »
The first part of it also sounds familiar to a plot I thought of at work a few months ago and considered writing eventually. Hm, maybe I'll get around to it one day.

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »
You know, going along the spectrum of visible light, red -> yellow (blonde) -> green actually makes sense! :B

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »
You know, going along the spectrum of visible light, red -> yellow (blonde) -> green actually makes sense! :B

So... Eventually Marisa/Mima reaches violet and becomes Yukari!  IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Drake

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 10:41:07 PM »

So... Eventually Marisa/Mima reaches violet and becomes Yukari!  IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
jesus christ

Once the time loop is broken and the disaster averted Marisa stays as a Mima who doesn't hate humans and such
She continues to live on upholding the Hakurei barrier as a side-effect of the Yin-Yang orbs
Reimu dies and even though her children continue the Hakurei lineage, Marisa is given the task of keeping the Hakurei Barrier alive by Yukari, who slowly dies over the course of a long time
Once Yukari is dead, Marisa uses hax powers to manipulate Gensokyo into creating anew
Marisa dons purple and is now Yukari

stop it guys this is scaring me

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
I am tempted to look in google for similar symbols to fill out the rest of the cast.

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 04:49:45 AM »

jesus christ

Once the time loop is broken and the disaster averted Marisa stays as a Mima who doesn't hate humans and such
She continues to live on upholding the Hakurei barrier as a side-effect of the Yin-Yang orbs
Reimu dies and even though her children continue the Hakurei lineage, Marisa is given the task of keeping the Hakurei Barrier alive by Yukari, who slowly dies over the course of a long time
Once Yukari is dead, Marisa uses hax powers to manipulate Gensokyo into creating anew
Marisa dons purple and is now Yukari

stop it guys this is scaring me

Lucarius

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »
The best part about ZUN's books are the prologue and epilogue (if those are the right words). Same with this one.

Interesting thing is, half the people who read that book really can't read the kanji in it. No one knows to read 役小角 as えんのおづぬ. That particular example has furiganas in the passage, but most others don't. Pretty severe Japanese.

I like Koishi's spellcards, because they have to do with mental philosophy.
For looks, I'd say Eirin's Tenmou Chimou Hochou no Hou(天網蜘網捕蝶の法).
お遊びで見せて貰ったスペルカード。
完全に自由を奪う。何処にいても自由が奪われてしまうとは恐ろしい。
実際は動けないだけで難しくはないが、これでお遊びだというから精神的に負けた気分になる。
あれぐらいマスタースパークが沢山出せればいいんだけどな。
Translation:
A spellcard she showed me for leisure.
It completely steals your freedom. To lose movement no matter where you are is quite frightening.
In actuality, it's just that you can't move, so it's not that hard. However, she says this is just for leisure, so it makes you feel like you lost.
If only I could shoot that many Master Sparks.

I'm so bored, I could translate this whole book. But I'm too bored to do that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:13:41 PM by Lucarius »

shinyjam

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
I like Koishi's spellcards, because they have to do with mental philosophy.
Zun like to mess with people's brain.

Gpop

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:20 PM »
There's a reason why Koishi's my favourite character in the entire series.

Ok MANY reasons.

And if you translate this book, my god we'll love you.

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 06:28:42 PM »
Lucarius:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXN6hwj1_vE (watch around 7:00 xD)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Lucarius

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
There's a reason why Koishi's my favourite character in the entire series.

Ok MANY reasons.

And if you translate this book, my god we'll love you.

There are other willing people who will get this thing translated one day. I don't have to do it, do I? Besides, I'm not perfect at either language. Like I said before, I can't read half the names on this thing. (Though I researched the origins for all of these names, because I was bored.)

Saint Seiya. Never watched it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »
Lucarius:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXN6hwj1_vE (watch around 7:00 xD)
I see what you did there.
(Actually, I remembered it without needing to watch the video)

shinyjam

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »
Should add "Laser Web" to tvtropes.  ;D

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 02:33:07 AM »
There are other willing people who will get this thing translated one day. I don't have to do it, do I? Besides, I'm not perfect at either language. Like I said before, I can't read half the names on this thing. (Though I researched the origins for all of these names, because I was bored.)
If everyone assumes that someone else will do it, nothing gets accomplished. I'm not saying you have to translate this, but it might be a good idea to at least contribute to a translation effort. For example, that research you did could be useful.

Lucarius

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2009, 03:05:22 AM »
If everyone assumes that someone else will do it, nothing gets accomplished. I'm not saying you have to translate this, but it might be a good idea to at least contribute to a translation effort. For example, that research you did could be useful.
I usually regret contributing because I screw up. Sorry.

If there isn't a thread for a translation of this thing, I can make a thread that translates this little by little. Members can ask for certain characters and I could translate on a first-come first-serve basis, or I can just translate this in order whenever I want to.

If someone's already started a translation, whether it be here or a wiki, I won't bother.

Only problem with my doing this is that I'm not going to finish it. lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:13:58 AM by Lucarius »

shinyjam

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 04:04:30 AM »
I would do it when it's translated to Chinese.

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »
Considering that neither of the previous books have been fully translated yet, along with other stuff, Lucarius, I doubt anyone's likely to complain about you getting a head start -- or any help you can give. (Even if your translation is imperfect, others will have an easier time fixing that up than doing their own from scratch, after all.) Don't feel too pressured, of course. ;D

Lucarius

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »
They haven't? I can read the books in English. There's your translation lol. On second thought, I guess writing it out is much more tedious than to just read it, but it can't take that long, can it? I guess no one likes to finish what they start lol. I usually get bored of the process in the first week or so.

shinyjam

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
Is a blessing to be a workaholic.

misosoupwitheggplant

• stalking stalker a stalker.
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
I was thinking of getting the book to try and get my stepsister to translate parts for me. She'd probably at least do a little bit, for fun. If she'll do this, I'll put it on the wiki or something. But she's busy this year, too.
Current cosplays

Suwako- Some con
Cirno- A&G Ohio

Lucarius

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
I was thinking of getting the book to try and get my stepsister to translate parts for me. She'd probably at least do a little bit, for fun. If she'll do this, I'll put it on the wiki or something. But she's busy this year, too.

Do it here. It'd be grateful if Arcengal would kindly put this on the first post.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1551.0

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »
Done.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »
I like how Mokou's symbol looks like a biker tattoo
Wotters gonna' wot