Author Topic: [Intro/Social]Shanghai's Artist Coalition Headquarters(AKA Alice's Tea Cupboard)  (Read 149080 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....

An old pic - Bloomers of Our Mikos

Ah, so you've found the headquarters of our artist coalition. Capital! Pull up a cardboard box and join us for a spot of tea and a chat. Here, have a mug. Ah, you're lucky, that's our last one with Shanghai on it. Here, have some tea and a scone. There's plenty of space in this tea cupboard for everyone!

Hmm? What is this place, you ask? Well, as I said, this is our headquarters, a bastion of creativity, music, quill, pen, ink and paint...and tea too, yes. What? Well, yes, it's a tea cupboard too, but you see, that's the strategic part - we'll never run out of tea here! What? We're sitting on cardboard boxes? Well, yes, all the better to paint on!

What do we do here? Well, this is where we artists of Alice's Haven come to discuss our arts and techniques....or ok, who am I kidding, we mainly come here to chat and chill ^^. But yes, this is a great place for trading and sharing experiences, ideas, sources of inspiration, techniques, etc.

All in all, welcome. Do make yourself at home. Oh, and don't mind the draft. We keep it for fresh air.

Artist Coalition Headquarters Information Desk - Main Directory
So what can you find here at Alice's Artist Haven? Well, lots of things. So many things that you might just get lost. We don't want that, do we? So here's a general guide on the what and where around here.

General Threads
Pixive/DA Thread

General Request Thread

Art Threads by Project/Theme
Emancipation of Self's Impression - Post your self-portraits here!

Hiroan Doki's Touhou Superheroines and Supervillains

Ijiyatsu  General Art Thread

Touhou Nekokayou, by KimikoMuffin - A series of lighthearted parody SWF comics

Miscellaneous Art Thread

Touhou Yu-gi-oh cards, by Yuka Kazami

Art Threads by Artists

Anonymous Fairy

Askeladd

Choja

Enma

[NSFW]http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4929.0[/NSFW]
JT's Art Thread

Kaguya-Hime

Erebus

Kira

Mikirin

Mind-The-Gap

Mode

Slaves

Spirit

Torpedo

Tyltalis

General Music Threads
General Music Posting Thread

Music by Project

Cloudy with an Chance of Cucumbers by ShinyaKyoto

Cirno Theme Medley by Drake

Lotus Land Story by Drake

Casket of a Star Piano Arrange, by Shining Drake

'Forgotten' -  Kogasa Tatara's Theme Arrange, by ^^Flandre^^

U.N. Owen Was Her? (PC-98 Arrange) by unicode787plus

Touhou GTA Project - Custom Gensokyo Radio Station by Tempest

Music by Artist
FoxX's 'Shou' & Tell Thread

Sercan's Music Thread

Acoustic Touhou Arrangements  by flamezero16

Making melodies need love!  by Anunsew

PT8's Tonedeaf Works

Piano in Pseudo Paradise  by Squidtentacle

Venture! Timid Youkai!  by Lloyd Dunamis

For those of you who want their art/music thread links replaced with a logo or icon, just post it here and let me know. Please make sure it's 150x150px, just for uniformity. 

Something you want added to the directory? Something you want amended? Post it here or PM me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:19:16 PM by Gappy »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Just a notice to everyone - I'll be busy over the next few days, a little too busy to read every single thread, so if anyone comes across anything that Shiki might frown on then please PM me and let me know. Thanks in advance for the help~

I'll still be around, just not as rigorously vigilant as I should be.

JT

Link's broken, bro.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Link's broken, bro.

Fixed.

Also added the recent new additions to the directory.

Now, for a conversation starter - what do you find fun about drawing?

Hmm ... Last night I had this idea of organizing an "Exquisite Corpse" comic -- basically, we get a bunch of different artists together, and each one makes a single page, and everyone sees only the previous page. Possibly make it explicitly create.swf themed (since that's how I'd want to participate).

JT

Fixed.

Also added the recent new additions to the directory.

Now, for a conversation starter - what do you find fun about drawing?

Self-expression. Drawing lets me get lots of the cool/weird/funny things in my head, out of my head. It's a good way to relax, too.

And yourself?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
I like to illustrate stuff from my fics. Most of the time, the art is meant to enhance the reading experience of my written works. But when I draw for its own sake and don't subordinate it to my fiction, it's mostly because I have all these ideas in my head that demand to be drawn and best of all, they're fun action poses and battles and things along those lines. The things I can't express with words, I put into pictures. So yes, count me in for drawing for self-expression.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
I draw just because it's fun to draw ^^ I never really thought deeply about it or felt I needed a stronger reason XD I guess I'm a rather simple person. I have the most fun when I'm creating new things. Thus why I really enjoy designing new characters XD I suppose it's also an outlet for my creativity/insanity/the-little-voice-in-my-head. I would go so far as to say it's anything as sophisticated and intentional as self-expression, but...

As for a comic we all contribute in...that sounds like fun! Would it be a touhou doujin or perhaps something original?

I was thinking Touhou-doujin. My original idea was for it to be done entirely in create.swf, actually, so it'd have to be something you could do with it.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I just like drawing, I guess... Of course, like everything else I do I have to be in the right mood for it, otherwise I never get anything done, and when I do get something done it's, um, well, y'know... But I'm usually just drawing for myself, so the actual quality doesn't really matter that much, ahah.

...I like the doujin idea, by the way.  At the very least, it'd be fun to try out~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
All Artist+ doing a Touhou Doujin, that would be neat. Even selling it in Comiket. With Satsuki Rin as a main character.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:04:00 PM by Neko-Yosei »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
All Artist+ doing a Touhou Doujin, that would be neat. Even selling it in Comiket. With Satsuki Rin as a main character.

Sshhh, Moerin might hear y-...

O-oh, h-hi, Moerin~

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!

Did someone say "Rin Satsuki"?  'Cause I think I heard someone say "Rin Satsuki", ufufu~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Aww, man, Solais, look what you did. You broke the bloody seal. Do you have any idea how much of a hassle that was to put in the first place? >:<

And as thoroughly unrealistic as it is for all the Artists++ to make a compilation doujin, I must confess it is a neat idea.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
Sometimes when I'm not satisfied by how something is portrayed by other artists or the world, I get the urge to make my own portrayal. Not as if I can always make a better one, but it's worth trying. If I do get it right (of course, this is hardly an objective point of view), the feeling of accomplishment is amazing. Other times, I draw for fun, simply because I like drawing. I'm a bit disappointed that my drawing habits are quite erratic, though. :/

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
And as thoroughly unrealistic as it is for all the Artists++ to make a compilation doujin, I must confess it is a neat idea.

Yeah, it is impossible isn't it?

But do we care for 'impossible?' No! Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's how we artists roll! Who do you think we are?! WE'RE....

* Neko-Gappy is run over by a rampaging duckling...

Did someone say "Rin Satsuki"?  'Cause I think I heard someone say "Rin Satsuki", ufufu~

!!!!

She's here! She's finally here! The one girl I deemed worthy of being my eternal rival! Finally, we meet! Unfortunately, this chance encounter shall be our first and last, for only one can prevail! Now, en guarde!

* Neko-Gappy raises a soup spoon

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
I wonder why no one here appreciates foreign artists.

Some artists, primarily a few I noted to be Dutch draw pretty well, though not anime, I believe people should be more open to other types of art.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
can you put my music thread in the list? it's here

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
can you put my music thread in the list? it's here

Done~

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
what do you find fun about drawing?
Dunno, I just like to draw shit.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
Yo guys how would you feel about a tutorial thread for such as Loomis and color theory

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Hiyas, fellow denizens of the Atelier~ I'm sort of back, after a long (3 weeks?) period of absence. Just so you know that I'm available again in case you ever need anything with regards to the Atelier.

For the newcomers, a warm greetings and welcome to the Atelier. I'm Mind-The-Gap, AKA Gappy, local moderator of the Atelier, or 'Acolyte' as we're called here on MotK. I'm your first-port-of-call for any needs with regards to this particular forum and I also act as a general intermediary between members and the staff, no matter which forum you hail from. Whenever you need anything here or with the staff, I'm there for you. Just give me a shout.

tl;dr, I'm back, please don't hesitate to find me here or PM me if you need anything~

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
WOOOOOOOOO!

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
w00t.

now why dont the music threads get any replies? :<

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Hiyas, fellow denizens of the Atelier~ I'm sort of back, after a long (3 weeks?) period of absence. Just so you know that I'm available again in case you ever need anything with regards to the Atelier.

Nice to meet ya Gappy  :D

w00t.

now why dont the music threads get any replies? :<

I guess we just need to make some better music  xD

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
I had an idea.
What if we collaborate and make a music album, sell it at some touhou event and donate the cash to a charity?

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
That sounds like a wonderful idea. Although you would have to find someone willing to pay for the production. But if you guys get all that squared away ill totally take part.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
could do that with another donation thingy, i guess. we'd just need approval from TSO for that