Author Topic: Heeeelp. My EoSD replay is FUBAR  (Read 12806 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Heeeelp. My EoSD replay is FUBAR
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:34 AM »
After my first lunatic 1cc (wewww), I decided to have a go at that extra stage no bombs challenge I told myself I was capable of doing.

I DID IT on my first damn try, not only that but I still had an extra life left, AND I spellcapped Q.E.D. Weww....Though I died on cranberry trap and starbrow break (booo).

Anyway, I decided to watch my replay after to milk the pride I felt for the run that was beyond my typical skill level (I had some HUGE hax dodging skills on the stage itself, as well as Q.E.D. and there will be none, etc.

Everything is going smooth, then somehow I get myself killed twice on flandre's opener, and 3 times on Cranberry trap. But in the actual run I DID. I didn't die ONCE on a non spellcard, and cranberry trap only killed me once. WTF

I watched it again, I tried again without the vsync patch, I tried it again after uploading it to the replay archive, downloading it, and replacing mine, etc.

The funny thing is both the replay archive, and the game itself recognize I made 110ish million points on my run (which I did..not that that is great or anything), but when you actually WATCH it, I only get around 40 million before I get myself killed 5 times in like 15 seconds flat.

Please help me, this is quite upsetting. Is there any way to fix my replay or watch it without doing such a run again? Not that it's not fun to try, I just honestly feel like I can't replicate how damn good I did that particular attempt.

Re: Heeeelp. My EoSD replay is FUBAR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
can you please post it so I can see if it runs correctly in my pc?
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:35:04 AM »
can you please post it so I can see if it runs correctly in my pc?
I doubt it will...though I thought I did sorry:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3616

It doesn't matter so much anymore. I somehow miraculously did much better afterwards (I was possessed by the danmaku god of pwnage that night)..almost did a no bomb OR death run after (had 1 death. boo)...that one recorded fine. yay).

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:00:58 AM »
Yeah, the replay de-syncs for me at the start of the Flandre battle.