Author Topic: Evies's Shorts [originals]  (Read 5231 times)

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
Evies's Shorts [originals]
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
Hello hello~

I like to write, although at the speed of a lethargic snail climbing uphill with the motivation of a sleepy cat.

Also the first few stories are rewrites of older stuff so don't let the speedy post rate deceive you.

-------------------------------------

She was grace, personified.

The gentle waves her hair naturally fell into, to the lilting tone of her voice when she spoke, even to the way she walked. She put one foot in front of the other without fear of where it would land; each step carried a sort of dignified confidence, and yet managed to portray the utmost innocence as well. Wherever she went, people looked, and who could blame them.

Soft eyes contrasted by the sharp lines of her glasses, the gentle contours of her face that suggested a youthful and yet laid-back demeanor (with the personality to match!) Simply being in her presence was a privilege, nay, an honor that I was only able to behold for a few intoxicating hours every day, more if I was lucky.

She had the heart of a true saint and couldn't stand to see anybody in pain, no matter how insignificant the issue was. Other people's problems were her problems, and she wouldn't rest until their smile matched the radiance of hers. If someone was feeling down, they got one of her famously warm and cuddly hugs. Her car was always open for anyone who couldn't grab a ride home, and if anybody ever needed someone to listen to, she was voluntarily the first one to fill the position.

This went on for years, and she wouldn't have had it any other way.

The fact that she grew up with distant parents and a twisted sense of reality made her kindness all that more remarkable, and she never once felt any sort of guilt or pity towards herself.

However, fate was a cruel mistress and had bound her to the worst kind of internal demons- the type that take a firm grasp on one's perspective on life, love, everything, and drag it down to the very bowels of Hell. They're persistent little bastards, and were the last thing she needed, or deserved.

The people that say she was weak didn't give her enough credit. She was strong, stronger than any other person could be under such circumstances. And she tried. She really did try.

Everyone else around her said they didn't see it coming- myself included.

I didn't see it at the time, but looking back at the warning signs, dammit I should have. The slight tremble her normally stable voice took on whenever family came up in daily conversation. Her eyes lost the trademark sparkle that had defined her all the years. She stopped eating, but according to her friends, claimed that she ate more at the other meals to make up for the one she skipped.

When anyone noticed enough to be concerned, she always dismissed their concerns with an "I'm fine", and a smile- sometimes it felt like she was trying to convince herself more often then not.

It was almost as if she had split into two different personas- one being the cheerful little girl I fell in love with, and the second the one who gave into her internal weaknesses and was horribly corrupted as a result.

It was perfectly normal that they wouldn't get along. And boy, did they fight.

At first, it seemed as if she was winning. The normal side, I mean- the other one wasn't part of her, it couldn't have possibly been.

For a few happy weeks, it seemed like she could manage, or at least keep some control over it, whatever it was.

That, however, turned not to be the case at all.

Once every few weeks her darker side would take over. It wasn't as bad to the point where she was openly crying in front of another person; no, demons or no demons, she had the self-restraint not to completely lose control in front of others. You could tell something was up if you looked closely, though. She isolated herself, seemed to take everything a little more seriously.

The days immediately following were interesting as well. She was even more cheerful, more so than usual, almost like she was trying to make up for the previous day's behavior.

Nobody thought anything of this- soon "once every few weeks" turned into once every few days, and increased even further beyond that.

Picture a thin rickety bridge spanning a bottomless chasm.

Now, 2 girls sparring in the middle. Both evenly matched, both determined to rid the other. As they blocked the other's strikes, their desire for victory only increased, leading to bigger and more ferocious attacks.

As anger and frustration built, the bridge did the opposite. The tension from their conflict yanked on the thin ropes holding everything up- it was only a matter of time before?

One day, she found herself alone in a room with a gun.

A rope snapped.

Raised it to her head.

Boards started to crack and splinter.

Pulled the trigger, and with that, gone. Falling forever into the abyss, never to be seen again.

At the funeral, they mourned her death.
"Sudden tragedy." "Unfortunate suicide." "Nobody saw this coming".

None of this sat right with me. None of this was sudden, and just because noone was there for her, didn't mean we couldn't have predicted this if we looked closely. And yet-

Suicide.

Well, technically, she was the one who did it.

But was it really her mind that could have done such a horrible thing?

...No. No! I refuse to believe it! The girl I knew, the girl I loved, wouldn't have done anything to hurt me like this, if anything, she should be the one doing the comforting right now!

That illness?it took her. Changed her. Locked her past self inside an airtight box and threw it away, never to be seen again.

This was no suicide.

It was murder.

PC

Re: Evies's Shorts [originals]
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
I saw it all.

From the first missile launched halfway round' the world, to the ones that fired back, to the darkening of the skies on the round planet I overlooked. I watched, in grim realization that the apocalypse had drawn back its fist, and given the human race a fight for their lives. A fight, evidently, that they were quickly losing, as the bright lights in every city slowly dimmed then went out like candles as the Earth drew its final breath.

I wasn't surprised- I had warned them that starting a nuclear weapons facility was a bad idea, I had tried to tell of the great dangers they faced, I had pleaded with the top of the government to scrap the whole project. And what had they done? Stripped me of my rank in the army, and banished me from the planet, by sending me on a so-called "Space Exploration" program, disguised as nothing but simple exile.

Taking one last look at the now lifeless rock I was orbiting, I gave a bitter laugh, before reaching into a drawer, pulling out a 9mm semi-automatic handgun I had been saving for just this very occasion and pointing it at my head.

I had already seen enough. I didn't need to see any more.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
evies ;-;

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:26:51 AM »
I want to say something but I can't.

PC, you're amazing.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:36:58 AM »
There's a cruel entertainment, here -  a malevolent elegance of prose which empowers your method of conveyance.

I'm anticipating more =)
I eat squirrels.

PC

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »
Juliette looked out her computer-generated window, where it was currently "raining", as the Nature software she had just installed was programmed to act as if her location was in a deep secluded forest. Needless to say, there wasn't much sun, just dull, dreary clouds and rain for hours and hours at a time.

She could make out the fractal trees standing in said "forest", standing straight and tall, not a single pixel out of place. They were perfect in every way, not even a single leaf or pinecone askew.

She sighed. This was the same view there always was every day. All day. Drawing the blinds down with a crack, she turned, and took a long look at the small plant sitting on her counter.

This was one of the last plants in the world and the absolute worst kind of contraband, as dictated by the government. If it was discovered, she would be executed for sure.

But it was worth it, to wake up in the morning and see a blossom, a new leaf, maybe even a flower once in a while.

For a change.

PC

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
Thanks you guys ^_^ I really appreciate the support (even though it's been like two months rofl)

Linked b/c rape. Also this is unedited from two years ago and blah blah blah needs rewriting etc

[redoing, link removed trollolol]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:10:14 PM by PC »

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »
I like it very much.

Bookmark'd.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

PC

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
idefk wordz

--------------

The clock always had the worst habit of getting slower and slower as the hours drag on.

The waitress adjusts the apron tied at her waist, and reties the knot in the back for what seems like the thousandth time before sighing with frustration. It?s not like she?s forced had to wear it during her shift, but the added convenience of pockets for slips of paper and her tips is worth the trouble.

Her eyes dart back and forth between the timepiece on the wall to the door. Between them lies an empty diner devoid of life and socialization- it?s a slow night.

The steady stream of Muzak piping from the ceiling in order to ?lighten the mood?, as her boss likes to say, is interrupted by the sudden jangling of the tacky ornaments hung on the door. It swings open to reveal none other than the neighborhood vagrant, in his dull, drab, glory.

Her tension melts in an instant. ?Evenin?, sir.?, she says, lazily putting down her cigarette and striding over to where he?s struggling to get his jacket off. ?Coat got shrunk in the rain??

The attempt at comic relief sails over his head as he slowly shakes the water out of his unkempt hair like a wet dog. As he finally manages to rip himself out of the garment two sizes too small for him, he looks at her- or rather, the tile beneath her- and mutters, ?Just the usual, Cindy.?

Obedient as always, she shuffles off towards the back and is just about to open the kitchen door when he follows it up with ?But hold the rum!?

Her thin fingers still grasping the grimy handle, she turns and asks, ?So just a regular Coke, then??

?Just a regular Coke.?

And seven minutes later, a regular Coke is what she brings him, along with an oily burger and the butchered corpse what used to be a half-decent potato. Setting it in the regular spot at his regular table, she looks at his regular face and finds something is missing. No, rather, something that wasn?t there before had made its presence known and it was rather unsettling.

She?s not fond of change.

Pulling up a chair across from him and slumping into a laid-back position, she narrows her eyes and the words fly out like bullets. ?You tryin? ta quit drinkin allofasudden, boy?? The words slur together from her nonchalant drawl. He?s about her age, not a ?boy? by any means. But calling him that is just another one of the established traditions they?ve slowly etched into routine.

He chews his food thoughtfully. Contemplatively. Swallows each bite like it contains the very essence of life itself. She watches his Adam?s apple twitch up and down, up and down, up and d-

?I got a girlfriend.?

He?s looking up at her eyes, he?s breaking the pattern even more. The fleeting eye contact between the two is enough to disable her brain from forming cogent thoughts, and all she can muster out is a slow ?T-that?s good ta hear, real good. What?s the lady called?? with what she hopes is even composure and not hesitance or even worse, disappointment.

?Julia. She?s just. ...just wonderful. She runs a bookshop, you know.? He smiles and fixates his gaze off into the distance, while she adjusts her bun and wonders when the dream will end.

He continues, setting a record for the most words he?s ever said in one sitting. ?Have you ever tried to find yourself??

Her mouth widens by a tiny fraction, but he pushes on, dropping his burger and moving with more energy than she thought was possible from this man. ?I did. And I got lost. But Julia...she helped me back onto my feet again. She believed in me.?

The expression on her face is unreadable. He tries, and fails, and looks at the clock before pushing back his chair and standing up. ?I?ve got to go, we?ve got an 8 o?clock movie date and would you just look at the time. Goodbye, Cindy.?

The nail in the coffin is when she is recovered enough to say, ?Jim, I-? and gets cut off by the door.

She doesn?t notice he hasn?t paid for his food. She doesn?t bother clearing off his table. She just walks into the kitchen with the look of someone who?s just witnessed a double murder-suicide and stands there in shock. She notices his rum-and-coke still sitting on the counter from when she prepared it an hour earlier. Her hand trembling, she downs the drink in just a few gulps before setting the empty glass back and wiping her fingers, wet from the condensation, on her skirt.

She continues walking outside into the storm and looks up into the grey drizzle, as if mourning a loss.

PC

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:24 AM »
wrote a bunch of vignettes over in china and lost the notebook they were in  :derp:
VAGUE MEMORY RECONSTRUCTION GO
------
"Don't step in that puddle, boy."
"Ugh, it's just a little muddy water. Quit worrying all the goddamn time, I can take care of myself, okay?"
"You don't understand, that's not really a - "
"Fuckin' geezer."

As if to spite the old man, the boy deliberately makes to stomp through the puddle, moving forward and bringing his foot down for a splash.

It never comes. The bottom of his shoe simply falls through, the rest of him following. He sinks down too quickly to react, barely leaving a ripple behind.

His former traveling companion presses on, alone, shaking his head with weariness.
"Why don't they ever listen..."

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »
wrote a bunch of vignettes over in china and lost the notebook they were in  :derp:

I hope you can remember them! >.<

Cute short story. :3

locoroco1

• Amateur Spriter/Author
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
GAH! These are so sad, but I'm not sure who exactly they're about!
I made(edited) these:
My Short Stories

PC

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
For all intents and purposes, the dancer could have been alone in his studio.

As his mind is drowned out by the pumping music, his eyes glaze over the audience, the judges, and the cameras broadcasting his every move live to national television.

Step, step, twirl, step.

Just another practice session, he thinks to himself.

PC

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 03:34:09 AM »
HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP IT'S BEEN FUCKING FOREVER

i've written more in the last two days than i have in months

modding for safebooru involves looking at a fuckton of pictures, and it turns out that art is ~*inspirational*~, who knew

maybe eventually I'll venture out of minific land roflsob

-------
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=711932
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=713819
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=178677
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=711459
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=713139
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=715017
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=714002

Stories are in the picture comments, username is Daxarian. You're welcome to add your own interpretation, I think it'd be interesting to read what possibilities come out of the same piece of art.

(and if it would be more convenient to transfer the actual writing into this post or something it's no problem just say so and it'll only take a few seconds.)

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
I rather like this concept! Art analysis is something I wish I was better at; it'd be fun to come up with stories for pictures.

PC