Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 121907 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
I still have reads on plenty of other people, just... not scum reads (If you really want I could comb through earlier posts and compile a list of these). I do know that this is a bad thing, but >.>

And yeah, Zak did make a post, it was basically a "I'm reading and will have a bigger post later", wasn't it?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »
Voting:
Serela (5): Shadoweh, Dormio, Pesco, Huh What,  Conq(L-2)
Zakeri (1): Trickysticks
Dormio (6): Affinity, Bardiche, Serela, nurse Rawr, BT, PX(L-1)
Trickysticks (1): Zakeri

Not Voting:

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Dormio is at L-1
Serela is at L-2

Deadline for day 1 is ~3.5 hours. (watch timer here)
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
(If you really want I could comb through earlier posts and compile a list of these)
And, mayhaps, could thy Dormio inquire so as to why thou hast not done this earlier?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
And, mayhaps, could thy Dormio inquire so as to why thou hast not done this earlier?
No offense but if you looked at the posts you'd see that I already have, just not super recently because I don't copy-paste a list of my reads on everyone into each post, and neither does anyone else :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2012, 11:27:34 PM »
Outmoded lists that doest not include recent views are irrelevant.
Unless thou has a link to a recent list that thy Dormio may have missed.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2012, 11:37:23 PM »
Pending Input:Zakeri
Iunno: nurserawr Pesco
Town+Scum at same time: HuhWhat
Uninteresting at moment: Affinity
Looks townie enough I guess: Conq BT PX Bardiche
prob-town: Shadoweh
Lurker probably getting modkilled tier: Trickysticks

About the same as from #271 with a few of the obvious changes like Shadoweh becoming town.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »
I wonder why whenever deadline comes around everyone suddenly starts lurking hard.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »
On that topic, Schezo, what happens if we don't get a majority.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
In general, quite a few people who were on Shadoweh now look extremely bad now that the ground below them has crumbled.  People's mad scrambles for the Serela and Dormio wagons seem really bad as a result given that they never commented on them at all earlier in the day.  I'm particularly concerned over the 'SK reason' for voting Dormio, which I feel is desperate; why is accusing Shadoweh of being an SK exclusive to being scum and not derptown? 

To reiterate, my reasons for voting Dormio are his giant vote-park on Conq despite the objections of other people and his flimsy, sudden switches to Shadoweh and Serela respectively when he did not say anything about those two before he voted them.  He had a huge lack of opinions before this post, which meant that he could easily throw his weight to any wagon he wanted.  Lastly, he does the weird thing of questioning people after his mind is made up on them; to him, questioning for him seems to be the result rather than the process of finding scum.  For example, Shadoweh and Serela couldn't have given any answer that would forseeably change Dormio's mind about them, yet Dormio keeps asking them anyways.  It really seems like pretend scumhunting to me.

I feel that Serela is the inferior lynch at the moment since paradoxically, his Dormio switch seems to be the towniest out of the stragglers, given that after the sudden switch to him he gave copious explanations as to what his thought processes were, which I can identify with.  There's an element of sincerity present, especially when he could have just followed the route of parroting reasons like PX, BT and Dormio without the trouble of acting cute.  In general, there always seem to be an element of consideration between choices in his waffles, which Dormio doesn't possess.

As for Shadoweh's vig, she can probably vig anyone, and town will come out better for it.  This D1 has been little more than a mad scramble for the next easiest target after all.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
Bardiche: We still have an hour. It would upset me greatly if I had to switch though. Zak, there isn't alot of time for rereading left, declare your support for one wagon or the other. We only have one useless Tricksy vote, and... uh..

Oh shit. Is the votecount going to be reset after the modkill?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »
Okay, Schezo's rules don't actually include anything about set dates for modkills. Dormio, why did you think he was going to be modkilled an hour before the day ended?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:19 AM »
Shadoweh: I'm the one who said that, not Dormio. I forgot Schezo didn't specify a time, so I just assumed 48 hours.

Affinity: It was more the way he went about it, since by pushing the claimed nightvig as SK and still trying to get them lynched, scum could sit on a PR wagon for the lynch without having to be held to a new stance. I'm not reading the situation this way anymore, though.

I've been busy, but will write a post summing up the Serela case for PX and folks if I can find the time.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »
I should be around at deadline if needed.

Why are people assuming Tricky is going to be modkilled; isn't proper protocol for the mod to start looking for a replacement?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »
>People putting words into my mouth.
Everybody flips the fuck out.

No there won't be a modkill by day 1 or a vote reset.

There will be a no lynch if you all can't decide on a majority.

Voting:

Not Voting:

Dormio is at L-1
Serela is at L-2

Deadline for day 1 is ~1.5 hours. (watch timer here)

Conqueror

« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:45 AM »
Cut: Ha! Thanks Schezo.

EBWOP:
Re: Affinity on Serela - fluffy stream of thought processes don't indicate Serela-town to me. He does it as both alignments.

Okay after skimming Dormio again I can see what Affinity is saying about him. Dormio has always posted like that though from what I remember. It would help a lot if Serela and Dormio would post more. >_>

Dormio, you asked Serela for a list of reads: what are yours?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
Also iirc Dormio's vote on Shadoweh was telegraphed beforehand so I don't put much stock into that.

What I might want to lynch Dormio for is the vote switch to Serela since he barely said anything about him before the switch and he looks about as convinced of his vote as Serela on Dormio. -.- DORMIO WHY CAN'T YOU POST LIKE LAST GAME

Shadoweh

« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2012, 01:41:34 AM »
What are you talking about? He was posting just like last game, tunnelvision vote and all! It lends to why I have no faith in his lynch.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2012, 01:42:56 AM »
はわわわわわわわ~
Sorry for disappearing for a while. Anyway.

@Conq: My thoughts haven't changed from what I said in #293.
Dormio: Dormio
Townie: HW, PX, Pesco. Bardiche
Unsure about: Zakeri, Trickysticks, DrRawr
Paranoid about: Shadoweh
Dislike: BT, Serela, Conq
Who?: Trickysticks

Trying to post more or something.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2012, 01:46:55 AM »
And holy shit somehow I realize that I've forgotten about Affinity in both #293 and #408.
Shove him into the townie pile.

Conqueror

« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »
What are you talking about? He was posting just like last game, tunnelvision vote and all! It lends to why I have no faith in his lynch.
Last game he was much more engaged in the game at least. He was trying hard!
I mean I think he's probably lazy-ass town this game but idk. >_>

« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2012, 01:58:11 AM »
Serela is my preferred lynch for the day because his convictions have been hypocritical and ultimately just appear fake, starting here with his his vote on Dan. While Serela accused Dan of not scumhunting, Dan had at least been scanning through the thread and posting unique points on me and Affinity, as seen here and here. Given that Serela did not have any sort of original contributions to his name, he himself would have easily been votable for the exact same reasons he voted Dan, which leads me to believe he just went after Dan for being a convenient target at the time, based on the attention Shadoweh, PX and I had drawn towards Dan. Even if Dan's beliefs were never strong, he was at least analyzing the thread. Furthermore, if Serela's belief in scum!Dan really was so strong, I question his choice to alleviate all pressure on Zak when Zak replaced in, since alignments are not transient in the face of replacements. Had he paired the unvote with a strong case elsewhere, it would have been more acceptable, but the empty unvote just resembles an attempt to avoid accountability if Zak's content ended up difficult for Serela to attack, since Zak is generally regarded as more experienced than Dan. He was only willing to re-vote Zak in a context where it resembled total desperacy to get a vote out, and since he didn't attempt to further his Zak case by commenting on Zak's new content, it comes off more like Serela was just finally voting so that people wouldn't get on his case about not voting.

His switch to Dormio is odd because he states he never wanted to vote Zak in the first place. How would voting Zak have been a problem, when Serela had been spending the day attacking Zak's player slot? Like I said, alignments don't switch with replacements. The claims that he would beat the Dormio case into everyone's heads today have so far been false, for despite promising reasons, the most he was able to produce was just a giant waffle, which makes me skeptical of whether or not he really did have the conviction on Dormio that he initially appeared to have. It looks like he voted Dormio first to save himself, then planned to think up reasons later, which isn't a townie way of nabbing scum. I don't think his thought processes were identifiable like Affinity claimed, since "this guy is totally scum, will explain tomorrow" -> "I don't have a reason for voting this guy" -> "oh well, I'm going to keep voting him because Not Me Over Me" doesn't seem like how a townie would think to me.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2012, 01:59:11 AM »
Voting:

Not Voting:

Dormio is at L-1
Serela is at L-2

Deadline for day 1 is 1 hour! (watch timer here)

« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:02 AM »
I didn't promise a big post, I promised a post where I would vote NeoSerela and then tell people if it would be because its a consolidation lynch, or if I think there's a shot he might be scum.

Dormio's been after Shadoweh almost all day. Even when he switched to Conq, he made sure in the same post everyone knew he still didn't like Shadoweh. I'm not sure how people are using his vote on her against him (unless it's the SK thing again, which is still stupid) but I can see his voting pattern fitting very well with town intent, and his own town meta.

I'm pretty sure I've implied, if not outright stated that I'm not in support of Dormio's lynch. He's still a strong town read from earlier in the game, and I haven't seen any scum intent from him (in fact, I'm kind of suspicious of the people who jumped the wagon using his calling Shadoweh SK as a key point.)

Thing is, rereading NEosErela I can't see as anything other than a me that actually posts more than necessary. Every time Serela complains about there not being scum, I just want to pat him on the back and go "Don't worry, it'll be easier tomorrow when we have some flips." which is not conducive of ending the day in a timely fashion.
All I can really say here is "Welp, no mercy for the weak." Since between the two of them, I think Dormio's playstyle will be more helpful later in the game.

Feels scummy as hell when I put it that way, though, but it's all I've got at this point and I promised not back down from posting anymore.
##Unvote: Trickysticks
##Vote: NeoSerela

Here's where I'd say I'll switch at deadline, but really someone else will probably beat me to it by that point.

Shadoweh

« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »
Now if only the deciding hammer vote wasn't absent. -.- Forgive me for wanting to encourage you to speak now or forever hold your peace, Zakky-chan. Serela, you need to claim as well before it's too late.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2012, 02:14:07 AM »
Voting:
Serela (6): Shadoweh, Dormio, Pesco, Huh What, Conq, Zakeri(L-1)

Not Voting:

Dormio is at L-1
Serela is at L-1

Deadline for day 1 is 45 minutes! (watch timer here)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »
Vanilla Town.

Ironically, I am Soren, who is apparently supposed to be the brains behind the party's operations.

...I was sort of pretending to be AFK because I don't know what else to say at this point, but yeah, that's what I rolled.

The only thing I can say to HW is that the reason's behind Dan replacing out were, as I said, a possible explanation of how he could be town and have sucky posts.

Even if he brought up unique points, he took them absolutely nowhere.

Shadoweh

« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »
I'm more certain of a town Dormio then anything else. Although it's hard to resist the allure of hammering Dormio.. Someone gotta swing baby swing low~

« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »
Irritatingly, it seems that more Serela voters will be around for deadline than Dormio voters.

If PX is still around, I want to know why he thinks the Dormio case > the Serela case at this point, now that I put effort into making a post.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »
In the end, regarding Serela's Zak/Dormio thing, I just don't see why he would bother to switch to Dormio 10 minutes after voting Zak if he was scum; he could have easily just waited until page 11 or so to go 'oh, since no one is listening to my Zakeri case, I guess I have to go not me over me,'.  It gives the impression that something townie must be going on in that head of his to make such an attention-grabbing decision, and his explanations sort of affirmed that; and all this compared to the reasons for voting Dormio, which seem clear-cut to me.

I don't see the apparent hypocrisy in Serela's vote for Dan due to the fact that everyone else was voting Dan for the same reason and that what Serela says about Dan in his above post is true.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2012, 02:29:50 AM »
Voting:
Serela (6): Shadoweh, Dormio, Pesco, Huh What, Conq, Zakeri(L-1)

Not Voting:

Dormio is at L-1
Serela is at L-1

Deadline for day 1 is in 30 minutes! (watch timer here)