Author Topic: Minecraft - The block building thread  (Read 159046 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Minecraft - The block building thread
« Reply #810 on: December 10, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »
Yeah, I was on creative, so just going three blocks up led me out. Darn, chasing after that dragon in the air was hard from those random movements. Fun though.
And I'm really surprised that the ending comments/credits don't have music to play along with them. They really should IMO.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #811 on: December 11, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
Says the wiki that as of 1.0.0, End stone can be mined with any pickaxe, though.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #812 on: December 18, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
Yeah, End stone can be mined normally. It's kinda useless, though. Yes, it has a higher blast resistance than most blocks, but not by much. Only by half. Helps against creepers, I guess, just a little bit.

And it looks quite like the surface of the Moon. It's more yellowish than snow white, but I think I will be using it as a building material for the second iteration of the shrine of the Moon anyway.

And I'm really surprised that the ending comments/credits don't have music to play along with them. They really should IMO.
I don't know. If anything, some of the default music that the player got used to could be forced to play in the background (it was playing at the moment of me jumping into the bedrock portal, so it persisted over the beginning of the ending text), but I don't find it all that necessary. It fits the minimalistic nature of Minecraft, I think.

Oh yeah, that ending. Food for thought. I really had a hard time interpreting what Notch and that guy Julian wrote. Here is a discussion on the official forums. I think I might read it all eventually just to hear what the others thought of the ending.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #813 on: December 18, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Meh I've still not got around to doing the end. I'm too much of a casual, playing with single player commands and the technic pack mod

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/manmuppet/2011-12-18_203250.png

Which I've now got to the point of automatically building silo's to hold huge ammounts of pumped lava (which I've found the best power source on this mod so far) Infact the refinery I made previously is starting to turn into a bit of a relic. The pumps driving the silo's are ran off of fuel oil from the refinery, but anything else after is probably going to be ran by the lava silos.

Also made the most stable fuel engine yet that I've done. haven't had to turn it off once and produces a pretty nice ammount of reliable power. The trick was to attach the water pump via electric cable rather than having its own engine, so as long as the engines are running, water is still being pumped.

EDIT : new and sized image with pump house and control tower (has the redstone circuit in for the lava silo pumps)

I love this mod. I've added piston doors since this picture, but I'd just closed and couldn't be arsed to get more shots.  :V
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:15:59 PM by Kinzo the Astro Curious »

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #814 on: December 22, 2011, 08:27:27 AM »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #815 on: December 22, 2011, 08:57:14 AM »
I have nothing to say but "HOLY SHIT"

Man there's like 30 guys working on that, how do they stay so coordinated? Did they come up with general style guidelines beforehand or does one dude just start working on it and the rest mirror it as best they can ???

« Reply #816 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
Very impressive video there. That must have taken an immense amount of time, skill, and planning. I really like some of the architecture that they had going. And the underground enclave was just mindblowing.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #817 on: December 22, 2011, 10:34:24 AM »
Definately immense planning - those camera sweeps would have been set up in advance.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #818 on: December 22, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
I actually ended up liking the video and subscribing to these guys. I will definitely download the world when it is released so that I can appreciate their effort some more and see the design in detail.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #819 on: December 23, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »
welp, I installed the technic pack (partly) and found the nukes in creative...

I should not be allowed near explosive blocks :ohdear:
(Yes I made 18 nukes blow up at the same time)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #820 on: December 23, 2011, 04:10:02 AM »
I should not be allowed near explosive blocks :ohdear:
:teaspit: :teaspit:

This mod looks fun but I'm busy enough on the server to get to SSP stupidity :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #821 on: December 23, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
Holy hell, is that an obsidian tower in the middle? You're so trying to make Isengard.

Though you may have overdone it slightly.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #822 on: December 23, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
Holy hell, is that an obsidian tower in the middle? You're so trying to make Isengard.
It was an oil source block that didn't get destroyed by one of the 18 nukes.

Though you may have overdone it slightly.
"Slightly" might be an understatement :derp:

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
Evidently if you fuck up something and try to close the window to restart, you might lose some of your stuff. Trying to recover my Electric Engine (which blew up because I forgot it accepts LV or uV) caused me to lose some cables, rubber, a LV Transformer, and worse, a Rotary Macerator.

EDIT: Oh, it's because inventory is saved in a different place... Crap. That's why I lost all that crap the last time my system failboated on me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:23:23 AM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #824 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:12 AM »
Building stuff yourself or using toomanyitems? Its only recently I've started bothering to learn the recipes  :V

Easier to learn if you just use everything to start off.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #825 on: December 29, 2011, 05:01:41 AM »
I don't use TMI. It turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise, as the rest of my mucking about deleted my Solar Panels, which apparently lagged like hell. Switched to wind just above my sea-level desert hill, ended up much better for me (though I managed to accidentally drill my Mass Fabricator in the process ;_; which lost me 1.5 stacks of coal).

Also, I apparently ended up building my base right next to a chunk corner, as rain (which would improve my Wind Mill EU production) falls nearby... just to the right of my Wind Mills.

EDIT: wow, shit apparently flies really far when you die to lava/fire. My Electric Wrench was right next to a pillar of lava about 10m from my death point. Luckily I kept my Chainsaw, LapPack and a couple of extra stuff, but damn it, I lost a Mining Laser.

EDIT2: And now I somehow managed to dupe my Mining Drill and OV Scanner due to my computer's processor overloading and having a seizure.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:10:34 AM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

draganuv15

« Reply #826 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
I'm having trouble setting up a server I want to play on with just a friend because I'm terrible at portforwarding and stuff.

Anyone know a good tutuorial?

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #827 on: December 31, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
Uh... I'm terrible at that stuff too... But can't you two just use Hamachi or something? It worked for me and my friend...

« Reply #828 on: December 31, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,555.msg577352.html#msg577352

This except you will need to find the port numbers used for minecraft

draganuv15

« Reply #829 on: December 31, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,555.msg577352.html#msg577352

This except you will need to find the port numbers used for minecraft

My router has all these other bars Helepolis couldn't figure out. So I gave up on port forwarding, we're trying Hamachi.