Author Topic: ELSWORD (OB Starts 0:00 PST, 3:00 EST April 27th!)  (Read 129028 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: ELSWORD
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
Does this game have some kind of guild/clan/whatever feature? We should make one if possible.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
I suck at bow characters xD

In GrandChase, I mainly used Elesis, Mari and Amy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »
There seems to be a guild feature, though I don't know much about it.
And I just remembered what that critter is, it's the Ancient Phoru.
I just now remembered I have the full Red Giant's Set, which reduces damage from Phoru-type monsters, including the Ancient Phoru.
Elsword-only though.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
There seems to be a guild feature, though I don't know much about it.
And I just remembered what that critter is, it's the Ancient Phoru.
I just now remembered I have the full Red Giant's Set, which reduces damage from Phoru-type monsters, including the Ancient Phoru.
Elsword-only though.

I made both elsword and..uhh.. archer girl. Archer girl also has red giant boots on her atm. I guess there's 3 copies of reg giant's set, one for each character? dunno why they'd do this though.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
Maybe for balancing reasons?
I really dunno either.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
I got a box, and wasted 12,500 on a box opener. inside was a blouse for aisha, the only character I don't have atm (can you even trade between your own characters anyway?)

Not sure if someone wants it. doesnt' seem very special, 60 def, 57 mdef, nothing else. +0, no enhancements.. and requires level 14 to wear. good god. Maybe aisha's stuff normally has crap for defense, dunno.

And when I start a new dungeon, a combo menu with some fancy 4-5 hit combos appear for like half a second, what's up with that?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:06:41 PM by Ghaleon »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »
Fine. I'll give into peer pressure and try it out.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 01:28:21 AM »
Silly, irrelevant observations:

-The controls have a very slight delay (though its more likely I need to lrn2steadyfinger though).

-The voices are in Korean. I honestly did not expect this. Not that this matters, because Eve's voice (<333) is the only one that matters.

-The artstyle is satisfyingly sexycute.

-Voices aside, Aisha and Rena are really sexy. Not that this matter because Eve (<333) trumps both of them. And she has the best voice (<333).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »
Silly, irrelevant observations:

-The controls have a very slight delay (though its more likely I need to lrn2steadyfinger though).

-The voices are in Korean. I honestly did not expect this. Not that this matters, because Eve's voice (<333) is the only one that matters.

-The artstyle is satisfyingly sexycute.

-Voices aside, Aisha and Rena are really sexy. Not that this matter because Eve (<333) trumps both of them. And she has the best voice (<333).

Yeah the input lag is really bad, seems less bad for archer girl for some reason, so I prefer her for that reason mostly >=P
SOME of the voices are in Korean, I notice after beating a stage as Elsword, sometimes he'll say in English "come on baby" in a *REALLY* cheesy voice, and I don't mean the good kind of cheesy, but the bad imported asian movie with people wearing tuxes and sunglasses even when it's nighttime kind. Some Jet-li movie my brother made me watch once named mask or something comes to mind.

I don't like cel-shaded graphics to be honest, but whatever. Rena is cute but there's a bit too much boob-bouncing for my tastes >=\. Am I the only straight guy who doesn't like artificial exaggerated boob bounce physics?

For a FTP MMO, I shouldn't complain about dem graphics though.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 03:22:50 AM »
is chung a guy or a girl
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
I always found that bit to be narm charm personally, as it just means he's ready for the next brawl.
As for input lag, I don't get too much of it.
But then again, I'm used to games like this.

And I think her stuff normally isn't that good until higher levels.
She's more the glass cannon, you have to hit mooks without them hitting you.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »
is chung a guy or a girl

he's a little shota

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 04:41:43 AM »
I'm going to look for wikis and such for this game after I make and eat dinner now. But in the meantime, if someone can supply me a link with someguides or whatever to the game with less than obvious locations (I'll search google and wiki, if it's not there it's less than obvious >=P). There are some things I'm wondering about the game that isn't really described in game, or in its help thingie, if there are no guides yet and anybody knows this based on korean version experience or grand chase similarities, I'd appreciate it:

Sorry there are quite a few, I don't expect everyone to answer em all, but it'd be nice. If I ever learn more of this game I'll be more than willing to help answer too.
BTW, I prefer bow-girl, my in-game nick is Velanah for her, I'll try friending people up next time I play, don't feel pressured to do something as a group if you don't want to, I'm going to do it just to spam you and such >=P. I'll help for anything needed that I'm capable of though.

edit: just did a quickie search, seems to have a decent wiki. feel free to ignore these questions unless you know that they aren't answered there.

1: When I hold down an attack button, my blue mana bar has a green bar grow inside it... It doesn't appear to do anything to the attack, not even a damage increase, not even when I wait for it to get full, what gives?
2: Under the mana bar is a green bar that seems to do nothing.  When it fills up, a little orb thingie lights up to the left under the character portrait, after getting 3, the green bar stops filling and I see no apparent effect.
3: What is Awakened mode? How do I get it?
4: In that newbie zone, there are 2 paths, 1 up, and 1 down midway thru the dungeon, in the shadow forest, you choose which one you use by going up the top path or bottom path, but the newbie zone area doesn't HAVE a top or bottom path. It just gives me the bottom one every time for seemingly no reason, which contains some kind of monkey miniboss. How do I pick the top?
5: Enhancing items say they might break the item when they fail, does this destroy it completely or just reduce its durability to 0? Anybody know how much I can upgrade them before I have to fear this drawback? I've been upgrading some things to level 3 then chickening out.
6: Socketing/enchanging/I forget items say I can't because I need an el-shard...But I got like 60 in my bags, what gives?
7: The arena thing, is there any way to see enemy levels? Seems whenever I join a match, I'm fighting guys with all kinds of overpowered crap that blasts half the screen, probably not a good idea to attend at level 7-10.
8: Is the game really easy all the way thru? I'm not very far, but I just did very hard shadow forest at level 9 by myself, and it says it's for 3-4 level 10-12s.. and it was still easy. Does that last? Valkarie sky was kinda like this until level 40 IIRC. When you group up, do enemy healthpools increase? Valkarie sky also did this.
9: IF you group up, do the majority of players..well...uhh stink? You know.. somehow get killed more often than not.
10: What is cha-king (I think that is spelled right), and what is t hat weird shield+sword icon in the top right of my character menu, it has a 10 next to it, and wha tis the blue stamina bar in the bottom right corner?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 04:53:05 AM »
On the fact of stamina, that affects how long you can play as that character for the day.
I dunno about the green bar in the manabar, I'm still puzzling that out too.
Awakening mode is attained by pressing Ctrl, it gives a decent boost to damage output, kinda like a mini super saiyan.
The more of those orbs you have, the longer you can stay in that mode, up to 3 orbs can be stocked.
As for upgrading, it's like in RO, there's a safe limit to how many +1 you can safely stack on before it gets too unstable to refine.
+2 is a generally safe one.

As for the rest of your questions, I'm not sure, I've only partied up with randoms once before.
But we did amazingly well, Shadow Forest Very-Hard.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:04 AM »
Apparently the safe enhance limit is +6

After that if it fails the weapon can break.

The green bar fills up as you attack and do combos and stuff, filling it up gives you an orb.  Each orb is I assume 20 seconds of awakening mode by pressing left control.  Most skills have an added effect that only occur in awakening.

So far I notice no downsides to it, like extra stamina use or whatever

As for holding down the attack button, I assume it's like Grand Chase where you can hold the attack button until it reaches a certain point, then release to use a skill.  Generally useless considering you can use ascd for skills.

I think the up/down paths correspond to the difficulty mode of that dungeon.  I know at times when playing on Hard mode I'd end up on the top path, then switching to very hard I end up on the bottom.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 06:05:17 AM »
Added a friend invite request to Ryoshima.
Tried to add MediumSoda.. but I get some screwball error message saying "Friends feature is related to DB operations error".
Once again, I'm playing as either Ghaleon, or (probably) Velanah.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »
If you want to find me, I'll probably be near that cute little alchemist chick.
But I'm not ingame right now, got a text adventure to parse!

EDIT: Items in boxes are usually far superior to what you may find as random drops.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:21:05 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Okay, I played some Elsword last night,.

That "Come on, baby" is gonna slay me soon enough xD To be honest, though, I prefer GrandChase. But I could give this one a chance.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
Okay, I played some Elsword last night,.

That "Come on, baby" is gonna slay me soon enough xD To be honest, though, I prefer GrandChase. But I could give this one a chance.

Yeah it's quite possibly the cheesiest line I've seen a game have ever. I suggest playing a diff character, it helps.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »
played ELSWORD in JPN, had Eve as Tech Nemesis, Atomic Blaster is way too much fun.

Utilize the Socket when it is available.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

draganuv15

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
When I sign up to play, I went to dl it and I got a 403 or a 404 screen X(

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 10:35:43 PM »
When I sign up to play, I went to dl it and I got a 403 or a 404 screen X(

game over man, hit your monitor and try again until it works. I'm lonely in game >='(

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 10:52:31 PM »
Keep at it.
Just remember that there's a clientele limit, only folks from certain areas can play on the NA server.
Everyone else has to play EU or Japan, or HK, or Kr.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 02:14:20 AM »
dar, how do you class upgrade. elsword hq lies.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 02:19:38 AM »
I don't know if they've implemented it yet in NA.
If they have then it's news to me.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 02:23:34 AM »
I don't know if they've implemented it yet in NA.
If they have then it's news to me.

Yeah just found out they haven't. Figured they have since them icons show up for the first class change but the other ones do not. Weird.
Anybody know what party fever is for?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 02:50:53 AM »
Yeah, it's kinda wonky.
Fever? I think it's tied to how well you and your party perform in unison.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2011, 03:59:12 AM »
I kinda hate that so far, they've been reusing that bandit guy and William as bosses. GrandChase had more unique bosses.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2011, 04:53:35 AM »
Anybody know what party fever is for?

FEVER Gauge is accumulated by performing well in a party and gathering lots of enemy kills.
When the FEVER Gauge is full, you will obtain random bonuses during the course of the dungeon run, include full MP recovery.
You will also gain Bonus Party EXP.

I kinda hate that so far, they've been reusing that bandit guy and William as bosses. GrandChase had more unique bosses.

William is only in 2 dungeons, whereas Bendarth is in 4 dungeons...
Mostly, the unique bosses come later in the game, do not know if they are implemented.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 05:06:54 AM »
Oh hey, wondered when this topic was gonna come up.

Anyways I'm sorry to break it to you guys, and I mean it, but I have the feeling this server is going to suck hard. The reason being the people who brought it to america.

Kill3r Combo is the combination of KOG (Creator's of the game) and Level Up! Games (Brazillian Publishers for Grand Chase)

I Should also mention that BR Grand Chase sucks much harder than US Grand Chase, and I've played both.

Still, if they manage to do not suck I think I'm playing this. It's gonna be good to see everything translated. And actually get to know the story.

So, who's gonna be a Magic Knight like me?

@Edit

1: When I hold down an attack button, my blue mana bar has a green bar grow inside it... It doesn't appear to do anything to the attack, not even a damage increase, not even when I wait for it to get full, what gives?
2: Under the mana bar is a green bar that seems to do nothing.  When it fills up, a little orb thingie lights up to the left under the character portrait, after getting 3, the green bar stops filling and I see no apparent effect.
3: What is Awakened mode? How do I get it?
4: In that newbie zone, there are 2 paths, 1 up, and 1 down midway thru the dungeon, in the shadow forest, you choose which one you use by going up the top path or bottom path, but the newbie zone area doesn't HAVE a top or bottom path. It just gives me the bottom one every time for seemingly no reason, which contains some kind of monkey miniboss. How do I pick the top?
5: Enhancing items say they might break the item when they fail, does this destroy it completely or just reduce its durability to 0? Anybody know how much I can upgrade them before I have to fear this drawback? I've been upgrading some things to level 3 then chickening out.
6: Socketing/enchanging/I forget items say I can't because I need an el-shard...But I got like 60 in my bags, what gives?
7: The arena thing, is there any way to see enemy levels? Seems whenever I join a match, I'm fighting guys with all kinds of overpowered crap that blasts half the screen, probably not a good idea to attend at level 7-10.
8: Is the game really easy all the way thru? I'm not very far, but I just did very hard shadow forest at level 9 by myself, and it says it's for 3-4 level 10-12s.. and it was still easy. Does that last? Valkarie sky was kinda like this until level 40 IIRC. When you group up, do enemy healthpools increase? Valkarie sky also did this.
9: IF you group up, do the majority of players..well...uhh stink? You know.. somehow get killed more often than not.
10: What is cha-king (I think that is spelled right), and what is t hat weird shield+sword icon in the top right of my character menu, it has a 10 next to it, and wha tis the blue stamina bar in the bottom right corner?

Since I have nothing better to do:

1- It's the exact same thing as GrandChase, though you don't release an skill, it's only there for the "Counter Attack" feature.
2&3- Every hit increases the bar a little bit, once it's full you get an orb, press left ctrl to activate Awakened Mode, each orb = 30secs on awakened mode, you hit around 20% harder and some skills get mad powerful yo (Genocide Ripper LEAPS to mind)
4- Nowadays on the recent versions you can choose your path, before though it was RNG-based.
5- Maximum safe thing for upgrading items is +5(YES, IT'S POSSIBLE TO BREAK ON +6, HAPPENED TO ME BUT IT'S PRETTY DAMN UNLIKELY) if it breaks the item is completely unusable and you need to buy an specific item from the cash store to make it usable again.
6- I think you are talking about the elstones. I don't know what's happening there because it should work even with the gray-ish (Random) ones. Though my suggestion is to get stone before they nerf it, or get drain before it gets overpriced, when the full game comes out.
7- The only way I know of is right-clicking them and selecting one of the options, though my memory of season 1 is blurry at best.
8- Yes, the game is very easy on the beggining, but it gets impossibly hard later, Altera Core(Final mission for the main story) for example has a total of THIRTY-TWO stages before the boss, with FOUR MINIBOSSES(If I remember correctly) and a boss that is simle overkill, sure it's on Very Hard but damn. Not to mention Velder when it comes out either, the final mission is a "Go with four people or have 400 extra lives at hand, even on normal".
9- I cannot say for sure, since I'm not playing the server, though everybody kinda sucks at the beggining, pros start appearing at level 30-ish.
10- Dunno the ka-ching because I never saw it, but the stamina bar depletes every time you play a mission. Once it reaches 0 you cannot play missions anymore. It recharges everyday at 6AM
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:21:21 AM by Sacchi »