Author Topic: APPROACH YOUR TARGET AND ATTACK! 9TH STG THREAD STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?  (Read 119080 times)

Re: APPROACH YOUR TARGET AND ATTACK! 9TH STG THREAD STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 04:28:23 AM »
Hm, how can I rebind? I have a keyboard only you see. Only keys working are the directional keys. So, I cannot even enter the key-config.

Try moving config.dat out of C:\...\四ツ羽根\CrimzonClover\data. That should reset your key config.

Is Unlimited Mode supposed to have intended slowdown?

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
I believe so.  I'm pretty sure any instance where you get slowdown and it says "soft slow" by the fps counter, it's intentional slowdown.  If I remember correctly, I've had a particularly out-of-place instance of slowdown occur while doing a fraps'd run, and when it happened I didn't see the soft slow marker, leading me to believe that that was a case of actual computer slowdown and every other case I'd seen was perfectly natural.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 07:55:50 AM »
Try moving config.dat out of C:\...\四ツ羽根\CrimzonClover\data. That should reset your key config.

Is Unlimited Mode supposed to have intended slowdown?

Hey, it worked. Thanks a lot!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »
I suck at Crimzon Clover still, apparently.

But I managed to reach the stage 5 boss on a single credit, which is an improvement~

And apparently I scored 3 times as many points as when I last played through.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 09:26:55 AM »
So, DFK 1.5 on Novice is too easy. I got a 2-ALL on my second attempt, with 3 lives remaining :V

(First attempt I screwed around a lot, so that run ended at Taisabachi.)

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
What type were you using? I've found that the second loop is surprisingly tough with Power even in Novice (and Ura is slightly worse still)... I don't know if I'm just very bad or don't spam hypers enough for survival, but I did better with Strong on normal than with Power on Novice  :ohdear:

Speaking of DFK, does anyone have a good strategy to deal with the Ura stage 3 midboss? That thing demolishes me across all modes, and my only strategy besides "spam hypers and pray" is to try to fall out of the Ura path (it feels almost like the 2-2 boss all over again, almost). I still get hit too much on the first loop so I can't chain much, but outside of that boss, it's simply a matter of not being good enough to be consistent yet.

Tiredness also doesn't help... I mean, the other day I was playing Futari Novice on Original and got to stage 4 with 6 autobombs of course... I still managed to die before the boss :D

ark

• みょん
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
I was using A-Strong. The fact that bomb items give you full bomb stock on Novice sure helped :V

I guess it doesn't affect Power style though, so that probably makes it a lot harder by comparison. I haven't used that much though, since I only got the game yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:01:03 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »
Now try beating Novice Hibachi :V

Getting to the Ura 2nd loop is actually challenging even on Novice. You can only bomb twice in the first loop, and you have to get all bees from the special route stages

Speaking of DFK, does anyone have a good strategy to deal with the Ura stage 3 midboss? That thing demolishes me across all modes, and my only strategy besides "spam hypers and pray" is to try to fall out of the Ura path (it feels almost like the 2-2 boss all over again, almost).

That midboss is basically meant to raise your hit counter with some hyper milking, so your strategy is actually the right one. To make it possible, you shouldn't let the hyper rank get too high before the fight. With Bomb/Strong you should have rank 2 (except with A maybe) and with Power 4 or less, or you will have trouble canceling. Then just hyper when the screen starts scrolling left and only use your laser in very short taps only to keep the enemy lasers away.

The tricky part is that killing the thing too early will leave you with an empty screen and a certain chain break, so it's usually safest to just time the thing out. If you activate the hyper when the secod bee is in the middle of the screen, it should last just to the end of the fight.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
I was using A-Strong. The fact that bomb items give you full bomb stock on Novice sure helped :V

I guess it doesn't affect Power style though, so that probably makes it a lot harder by comparison. I haven't used that much though, since I only got the game yesterday.
Oh man, you got a 360 and DFK? Awesome! How are you finding it (and do you have any other games yet)?
Let's fight.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
BTW, Guwange Dash has been updated apparently. Now it's supposed to have replay support! Scratch that, it has Death Label, though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:37:20 PM by P Dot Iskender »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 05:23:46 PM »
Well, no point in pretending I'm not trying this for real.

So after Sapz forced the new version of MAME on me with a few new games, I finally found a Cave game I like: ESPgaluda. I've been trying to 1cc this since it's probably the easiest Cave game and actually gives me a feeling besides futility. There's one part in particular that is stopping me from 1ccing though: The freaking stage 4 boss. I regularly reach it without dying, then proceed to lose up to three lives, mostly on its first attack. >:( Is there a trick to the attack where it splits in two and sends those robots up and down to squash you? Usually at this point I'm out of the sex change crystals (kakusei or whatever), so I usually can't rely on those. The second phase is a similar pain.

Also, is it just me, or is the final boss' last attack unusually easy for a Cave final attack? I've beaten it without dying or bombing just by kakusei-ing through the gaps.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
If you mean the attack I think you mean, then you just quickly circle below the drones and kill them. If you're using Ageha, you can do the start of the second phase easily in overmode, because your laser is so wide it takes out the incoming drones easily. I'm just going to shamelessly advertise my SotW replay for Shmupmame 2.2 for the strategies, even if I have a bad habit of dying to the stage 4 boss for no reason too.

And yeah, the final is pretty easy for a final. I have actually "captured" (no Kakusei) it in real runs couple of times which really isn't the case with any other Cave final.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
Playing Crimzon Clover, making some sick progress.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:40 AM »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/espgaluda1cc.jpg/

ESPgaluda 1cc. -v- My god the end was intense. Even if it's easy, claustrophobic dodging in a Cave game is 8(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 02:35:13 AM »
Congrats! Now go for DOJBL or Ketsui. :3
Let's fight.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »
Oh man, you got a 360 and DFK? Awesome! How are you finding it (and do you have any other games yet)?
Yeah. It's super awesoooome >:OOOO

I also got DFKBL, Ketsui, and Mushihimesama Futari (which is also super fun). This is all going to take a lot of practice though.

Also, I'm liking the 360 D-pad even more than the PS2's. (It's no keyboard or stick though :V)

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
Now go for DOJBL or Ketsui. :3

Seconded. If you can 1cc UFO, Ketsui ought to be trivial. Go for it Nut.
Oh and congrats on Esp.Galuda 1cc'ing.

Need to do that myself. Its just not as fun as DOJ or Ketsui so i tend to be lazy. :V

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
Jew Wario talking about Bullet Hell. Yes, Touhou is mentioned.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
Watching through this, I keep getting moments where I wanna say 'hey man check your facts', and then he corrects himself... most of the time. :P

Still, it's nice to see some exposure on gaming sites, even if it's entirely focused on CAVE and Touhou :3

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised I didn't get annoyed by the video. Though the guy is obviously insane saying Galuda 2 is the easiest, with the other games being DS and Futari.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
Well, given he's using Ultra as comparison... :V

Still, I thought it was actually pretty great, random inaccuracies aside, especially if he just got randomly sent the games instead of already being a fan as he said.
Let's fight.

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 05:03:50 AM »
Akai Katana Shin for the 360 was announced at today's Cave Festival. It will be released on May 26 and come in both standard and limited edition versions. First print copies will receive a DLC card for a newly-recorded voice add-on. The game will have 16:9 support, HD graphics, new gameplay modes, and new stages. No mention of region-lock status.

DeathSmiles for iOS was also announced.

No other shmups were mentioned; they might be saving an arcade shmup announcement for AOU, I'm guessing. There will also be an XBLA vertical and horizontal scroller called Nin Nin Jump forthcoming, and their adventure game is called Instant Brain--no platform announced.

I was hoping for Ibara and Ibara Kuro, but no luck there. Also, no mention of the M2 Dangun Feveron port that we saw a while back.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:15:44 AM by Aisha »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2011, 05:56:32 AM »
Akai Katana Shin for the 360 was announced at today's Cave Festival.
Badass.

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:58 AM »
Site and trailer for Akai Katana: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/akaikatana/
Nin^2-Jump trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYRXoJNoW4 (This looks really nice.)
Instant Brain trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnveH_dqZ4
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:39:47 AM by Aisha »

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2011, 08:39:45 AM »
Jew Wario talking about Bullet Hell. Yes, Touhou is mentioned.

Yeah the video was pretty cool. Too bad he only touched upon the region-free games. All the best Cave-games tend to be region-locked. I do find one thing odd though. it might just be me but he made God Mode sound harder than Ultra... :V

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »

PAL version FINALLY gets a release. Started playing but I'm very

rusty: (adj) out of practice, impaired in skill by neglect

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »
A lot of people seem to think God is harder than Ultra because it's called God (doh) and it makes for easy jokes, and there's the default assumption that Black Label = automatically harder  :ohdear: Meanwhile, Sapz was talking about taking up Futari Ultra more seriously, so *peptalk*

I can't say I'm terribly excited about Akai Katana at the moment since the Limited modes don't seem to be in and we don't have any information about the Shin mode yet... I'm almost thinking the Demul videos of Ibara and Mushi were more interesting than that!

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
I can't say I'm terribly excited about Akai Katana at the moment since the Limited modes don't seem to be in and we don't have any information about the Shin mode yet... I'm almost thinking the Demul videos of Ibara and Mushi were more interesting than that!

Watch them toss the Limited Version onto a separate release. :D Hopefully it's in though; maybe selecting Arcade or Arcade Score Attack will prompt you with a toggle for Limited Version, like how you select Novice mode, or something.

The Demul stuff makes me feel a bit conflicted. Too close for comfort with some of the SH-3 games, I think...

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
Oh, Progear, you're so much fun, but if I'm going for score, I can be happy for finishing the first boss when doing so. Not even getting started about Stage 2.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2011, 03:30:45 PM »
AK Shin looks badass. I hope the limited version will be around somewhere, though.

Also, Futari 1.01 Original 1cc. Highlight of the run was the Larsa fight, fun times. Maniac next, maybe.
Meanwhile, Sapz was talking about taking up Futari Ultra more seriously, so *peptalk*
Sure, but don't hold your breath for me getting very far. :V
Let's fight.