Author Topic: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!  (Read 138845 times)

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
League of Legends - Champions GATHER!
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

This is an incredibly addictive game based on DotA. There's a shitton of characters to pick from all with differing abilities and roles. The basic idea is that there's a base in the bottom left and top right corners of the map for each team with three lanes connecting them (bottom, mid, top). Basic idea is to push up to the opposing base. Also contains elements of leveling and gear making to help you further customize how you work.

I think my favorite part is the huge variety of champions. There's somewhere around 65 currently and one is released every few weeks. The way the game works is that there's a handful of champions deemed "free" each week meaning you can play them even if they aren't unlocked. You earn IP (Influence Points) through playing games which you can save up to permanently unlock champions for varying amounts. Further customization comes from gaining mastery points and rune slots as well as Summoner Spells (you are defined as the summoner and control your champion).

MotK Grand List of Nicks:
Likaros (YellowYoshi1)
DefinitelySatori (SomewhatMystia)
DanDanRevolution (Cyclone)
ReimuHakureiSM (Golden PX)
Wasabikun (Bitmap)
Kyo Tanaka (Kyo Tanaka)
Cheez Bix (Andrewv42)
Ryuumasken (Ryuu)
Ruffa (Rukaroa)
Daxarian (Evies)
Moltentruros (Molten) (EU Server)
FFMaster (FFmaster)
Esifex (Esifex)
Fizzleboom (Cadmas)
MoltenTruros (Molten)

Caution: This game will induce rage and addictions will develop.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:23:17 PM by RainfallYoshi »

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
Re: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »
I sorta play this off and on, maining Annie.  I got Xin, and I want to get good with him (mainly so I can use youmuu's ghostblade) and first on my current wishlist is Lux (so I can Final Spark everyone). 

Guess the  reason why I got into it in the first place :V.

Badass bookworms

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:38:31 PM »
I've mostly been maining Fiddlesticks since I tried him and fell in love with him. I've only been playing for about 2 days but I did manage 3 kills, 2 assists in a game where the opposing team was averaging level 20's. Awesome. I especially love Crowstorming out of bushes to rape people. Combine it with the reliable Terrify + Drain combo for hilarity. I killed a number of people this way.

I tried Ryze and hell no. Never again. I was horrible and got shanked at every corner. Nunu is pretty fun as a tank option and surprise explosions from the bushes with his ultimate is hilarious.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
HoN is better

Anyways, I main Marisa

SN: ReimuHakureiSM

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 02:55:15 AM »
I kindasortaperhaps main Veigar or Ryze.

However, Master Yi is just a beast. (Hi, Wuju Style active and his Ultimate~) And, in my first game with him, I got to use Youmuu's Ghostblade. :V

Oh, and Lifesteal is a bitch when you've got fast attack~

Also played a bit of Twisted Fate when he was free. Fun, fun stuff.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:13:19 AM »
Playing right now.

Username: DanDanRevolution

If you guys want a Jungle Yi, Trist, Janna, or Kayle, hit me up

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:42:37 AM »
Oh right, forgot to put my name. :derp:

DefinitelySatori

And... wow. Last game was awful. Yoshi was there. He saw how bad I was. :ohdear:

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:56:31 AM »
I main Amumu for the most part. Usually I get a nuke who kills everyone after I stun their whole team.

My ingame name is Wasabikun.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:51:46 AM »
Got my free Tristana for lolFacebook. It definitely took adjusting but I think she's really a blast to use and can be an amazing mid solo. The last game I played I had 11 kills, 11 deaths, and 11 assists despite our team losing. Oh fun times.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 07:39:39 PM »
Soo... since the new guy's out, has anyone grabbed him yet?

If so, how's he play? (It sounds a bit like a - pardon the analogy - warrior or beardruid from WoW...)

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »
I've yet to come across a good one.

draganuv15

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
Just registered, mighht be going Veigar or some other mage related character, so i'll post my name then

draganuv14 is my username :D

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
Everyone loves Vei'. And Twisted Fate.

Mostly Vei', though. :3

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:26 AM »
Sincerest apologies for double-posting, but...

We're getting a plant champ'!

Oh, and Jarvan IV.

Here's hoping for General Darkwill for Noxus sometime down the line~

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »
17:41:34 (ShadowKnight) Now imagine Shen Bot.
17:41:47 (ShadowKnight) Now imagine ANYTIME another bot/player is almost dead, SHEN BOT
17:41:52 (TranceHime) WUT
17:42:08 (ShadowKnight) That now happens.
17:42:21 (ShadowKnight) Pretty much you;re gonna kill them in a sec
17:42:25 (ShadowKnight) Then Shen barrier, then shen taunt
17:42:48 (TranceHime) WHAT

Amazing.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
I started playing this game when I saw this thread. And I became (Sorta) good in it.

My main is Cho'Gath. And my User is Kyo Tanaka.
I kindasortaperhaps main Veigar or Ryze.

However, Master Yi is just a beast. (Hi, Wuju Style active and his Ultimate~) And, in my first game with him, I got to use Youmuu's Ghostblade. :V

Oh, and Lifesteal is a bitch when you've got fast attack~

Also played a bit of Twisted Fate when he was free. Fun, fun stuff.

Master Yi is a beast at high level, but sucks at early level IMO. Perhaps I'm not using him right.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
Anyone playing on EU?

Also Kog'Maw is amazing. Tanks are stacking defense? He doesn't even have to care because he just melts through them from far away when they initiate. He's squishy as hell though.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
Master Yi is a beast at high level, but sucks at early level IMO. Perhaps I'm not using him right.

APYi is the best Yi.

Whoever disagrees should try it out for themselves

[spoilers]har har I'm meditating in your face and you can never kill me then ALPHA STRIKE INSTAGIBS YOU YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/spoilers]

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
I'll honestly admit: Outside of a 'lol never gonna die' Sion build, I've never went too far outside the recommended items. :ohdear:

This is mainly because I've never been overly comfortable with sorting through the menus. The ability to change a champ's recommended item set (or even a lil' search bar on the shop window) would REALLY be nice.

But yeah, I'll hafta try AP!Yi sometime~

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
For the love of god, don't do AP Yi. I'm a Yi player and I can tell you that AP Yi is a disgrace. Sure he's a decent early game character, but mid to late game he's an absolute joke. AP yi has the same exact weaknesses as AD yi, except he can't compensate for them as well. AKA, you get stunned during meditate, you die. In fact, meditating in the middle of combat is just asking for a CC to be thrown your way. And what happens when you meditate up, and you're surrounded by 5 people who WON"T die in 1 shot from alpha strike? Yi is the scariest physical carry in the game. (when fed.) Why would you make him a caster?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
Anivia and Vladimir are so overpowered it feels like I'm using a gameshark.  :colbert:

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Anivia and Vladimir are so overpowered it feels like I'm using a gameshark.  :colbert:

Seconding Vlad, never played Anivia.

Speaking of overpowered: Ryze's Spell Flux (lolpingpong magic) with Desperate Power (ultimate that increases ability power). I've one-shotted about twenty mooks and nearly offed a champ' with that before.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »
I got Karma, the new champion earlier today. I think she's pretty fun, i really like her 5 second slow at level 1. Still unsure what core item she should get though. Rod of Ages is always a solid choice but her ability can give her up to 70 AP which means that you could build something else like Frozen Heart first. Oh choices.  :yukkuri:

I'll honestly admit: Outside of a 'lol never gonna die' Sion build, I've never went too far outside the recommended items. :ohdear:

This is mainly because I've never been overly comfortable with sorting through the menus. The ability to change a champ's recommended item set (or even a lil' search bar on the shop window) would REALLY be nice.

But yeah, I'll hafta try AP!Yi sometime~
You should try this program then.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »
* Unusually Unzan clicks link, reads.

... you are the best person ever. Well, you and the guy who made it. Mostly you, because I don't know that guy.

Edit: Also, Karma doesn't really do anything for me. She looks cool and fun and all, but... eh.

Moakai (plant champion who we know little about but will /apparently/ be a tank), on the other hand...~
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:40:10 PM by Unusually Unzan »

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:54 AM »
* Unusually Unzan clicks link, reads.

... you are the best person ever. Well, you and the guy who made it. Mostly you, because I don't know that guy.

Edit: Also, Karma doesn't really do anything for me. She looks cool and fun and all, but... eh.

Moakai (plant champion who we know little about but will /apparently/ be a tank), on the other hand...~

Horray for plant champion!

...But I won't be getting him. :< I will if he won't cost a lot, trying to save for the phoenix.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:52 AM »
This may be... ah... a nonexistent option for you, but...

I personally recommend grabbing fifty bucks, popping it on a debit card, and buying the 7200 Riot Point thingie from the store.

Then grab the Digital Collector's Edition and (thanks to the RP from that) you can grab the Champion Bundle.

Or pop a lesser amount and buy some IP boosts, then farm like a motherfucker. ... until the daily cap for custom games sets in anyway. :ohdear:

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 02:06:48 AM »
The daily cap? I wasn't aware that the game even had one. I play at least like 2 or 3 games per day.

I would get Riot Point, but I do not have a job at the moment, and don't want to ask my parents for it... at least, for now.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:41 AM »
Just went Vieger, 4 Archangels Staff, Magic Pen boots, and my frilly hat.

Over 1350 AP end game, 25/10/17, end game was basically me vs the other team, and I 2 shotted almost everyone. Uh.... yeah. Vieger ftw?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 03:09:54 AM »
The daily cap? I wasn't aware that the game even had one. I play at least like 2 or 3 games per day.

I would get Riot Point, but I do not have a job at the moment, and don't want to ask my parents for it... at least, for now.

I think it's just from Custom Games (ip farming etc), and it's fairly hard t'do without using the IP Boost things you can buy. Normal games, to my knowledge, have no cap.

And... yeah, I didn't plan on grabbing any before I had a job, but I had a spare fifty so I decided why the hell not. :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
Yi is the scariest physical carry in the game. (when fed.) Why would you make him a caster?

pffffft pure AP is retarded, hybrid is superior