Author Topic: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 150830 times)

Re: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »
Indeed. And if you decide to buy more, you start losing substats after your sixth bottle or so. So they're overall a bad thing.
"Hey uhh, you want to buy some goofballs?"

三重階乗

• NOT an avatar of a higher-up.
  • Who is this "Dragon," anyway?
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »
ShinkuTear #2183598

applying to the clan :D

If your wondering, Goofballs really hurt you after they wear off. 100 Adventures at 50% stats.

I thought that guy was up to no good trying to give me some of those. Once I heard "Goofballs," I thought it was like a drug:

I told you, officer, I'm not "hepped up on Goofballs." ~Ned Flanders, "Homer Loves Flanders"

EDIT: Just got some Tasty Tarts from someone in the Haunted Bakery. Description claims it to be EPIC food, but I smell a trap since it's still early in the game (That's one of the places I'm grinding ATM).

EDIT 2: Disregard that, just me being paranoid.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:45:59 PM by Triple Factorial »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
So.  Would anyone like any of the following:
*Fancy Ball Mask (Helmet, 90 power, +10% Moxie)
*Can-Can Skirt (Pants, 90 power, +10% Muscle)
*Albatross Necklace (Accessory, +10% Mysticality)

I'll only do one per person (It takes a few adventures to secure one!) so obviously pick the one that will help you out the most.  They're really nice equipment that only needs a 15 base stat to wear.

They're also something I don't think anyone else here can get for you, because they come from an area accessed via items from a Familiar Of The Month, which can be really tough to find your way around and scales to your level (so it's always dangerous), as well as is pretty unrewarding if you don't know where to go!

If anyone wants to try for an item themselves though, I'll happily hand over a bottle of absinthe along with general instructions.  I drag my Green Pixie around everywhere so I rack up tonnes of bottles anyway.

三重階乗

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
I already have a Shiny Ring (+3 Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie), but the Necklace would be useful after I clear the Boss Bat (I think you're only allowed to wear 2 Accessories at a time and I need one of them for stench resistance). Plus, it's the only one I can use at the moment (My other Base Stats are 12 each).

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
*Can-Can Skirt (Pants, 90 power, +10% Muscle)

Can I get that? I would love for more muscle.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
I already have a Shiny Ring (+3 Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie), but the Necklace would be useful after I clear the Boss Bat (I think you're only allowed to wear 2 Accessories at a time and I need one of them for stench resistance). Plus, it's the only one I can use at the moment (My other Base Stats are 12 each).

You can actually have 3 accessories on at a time. And as far as I can tell you only need the air freshener for Guano Junction, you can take it off as soon as you unblock the rest of the areas.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2010, 06:58:38 PM »
YellowYoshi is correct.

Also, expect it sometime tomorrow - I'm out of adventures for the day.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
Can I get that? I would love for more muscle.

May I get Can-can skirt as well please? Muscle ftw :) I can wait days or longer if I must, no rush :)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 02:50:59 AM »
Damn. Anybody know how to defeat
Spoiler:
Somerset Lopez, Demon Mariachi
?

(Yes, I know that
Spoiler:
Sing can remove Earworm
. I still lose.)

Matsuri

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 02:54:20 AM »
Drop a couple o' these on him when he doesn't use the Earworm attack and it should be pretty smooth sailing from there. :3

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2010, 04:27:25 AM »
Okay, I sent out the gifts.  Offer's still open if anyone else wants a hand up, since in the early game finding equipment that's worthwhile is a pain.

Also, I'm depositing any ten-leaf clovers I happen to pick up into the clan stash (
Spoiler:
Picking the sign that causes spontaneous ten-leaf clovers was probably a bad idea for a bad moon gateway run
).  Feel free but please don't take them all for yourself, they're useful for everyone.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »
Actually if you've got the spares I'd be interested in the Fancy Ball Mask.  I always like not getting hit.

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »
Thanks for the gifts.

三重階乗

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »
Thanks, pal. This'll help a lot en route to the Bat Boss.

Speaking of which, I just realized that today's a Mysticality day (Ronald's full). I guess I should save Adventures for these days more often rather than rush grinding (Keeping myself at 160 or less before rollover, of course).

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 05:30:29 PM »
Of course, eating and drinking each day (and, if you have the money, damaging your spleen as far as it'll go) is optimal for getting the most adventures each day. But yeah, you'll want to use more adventures than normal on stat days.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
What do Ten Leaf Clovers do anyways? I found one from a barrel but I dunno what it's for. I can take it a apart and reassemble it but fwuh.

Also how am I supposed to reassemble this meat car business. I have a cog and sprocket assembly but I've yet to find a meat stack or rims.

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »
Ten-leaf clovers can give you some unique adventures at certain places, but are consumed upon use. Either disassemble them or put them in your closet if you don't want to use them.
Spoiler:
I'd save one until you hear something about an epic weapon.

You can make meat stacks yourself by going into your crafting menu and cramming 100 meat together in the bottom drop-down list. The rims can be found at the Hermitage.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
Speaking of ten-leafs, you can't use them if you're going to unlock a Bad Moon run, but that's not until you have access to a Hardcore run. This page has all the details (spoilers abound, obviously).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Yeah, worrying about the singular bonus from not using ten-leaf clovers shouldn't matter to most of you guys, since you couldn't even benefit from it right now anyway (It doesn't work unless you're under specific conditions - namely, in Hardcore mode, and you're not in that on your first playthrough)

Meanwhile though, ten-leaf clovers (They're disassembled clovers right now for you guys) are handy.  You can use them to make them disassembled for a time, then use one of those to re-assemble them.  They'll only trigger when they're assembled (Listed as "Ten-leaf clover" in your miscellaneous items).  At which point, when you adventure in an area where they trigger a special adventure, they are guaranteed to give you that adventure and then vanish from your inventory.

There are three spots that are particularly worth the clover; although the second two are simply accelerators - only the first one listed here is a necessity.

During the optional
Spoiler:
Epic Weapon
quest, you'll need them to
Spoiler:
win a jackpot
During the final quest, they can
Spoiler:
save you adventures worth of pain on something random
They can also be used for powerlevelling if you take them to
Spoiler:
the top floor of Spookyraven Manor (One room for each stat)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
Got the delivery.  Thanks Garlyle.

Don't know if I can help you in return, but I owe you.  Have to remember to toss some of my random stuff in the clan stash as karma repayment when I get out of ronin.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2010, 03:47:02 AM »
Yeah, just pass stuff into the clan stash instead of worrying abou thanking me; I spend my time in Hardcore anyway, so it's not like I can use it much 8D

TODAY IS LABOR DAY.  +10 adventures today 8D

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »
Ugh, I wish I had more adventures in general.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2010, 04:40:11 AM »
Speaking of "More Adventures", what the heck did I do that gave me drunkenness!?  I swear to god I was at 11 and then I look back up and BAM 15.  And yet I can't even think of what I might have used.

Damnit.  D: Oh well.  +75 adventures for tomorrow I suppose.

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
Speaking of "More Adventures", what the heck did I do that gave me drunkenness!?  I swear to god I was at 11 and then I look back up and BAM 15.  And yet I can't even think of what I might have used.

Damnit.  D: Oh well.  +75 adventures for tomorrow I suppose.

Were you at the Orcish Frat House while disguised, or in Barrrney's Barrr? Those are the only two places other than the Typical Tavern where you could have gotten drunkenness from adventures, and I'm pretty sure you'd know if you were using Yummy Tummy beans or Dungeons of Doom potions...

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
I was doing none of that.

My last adventure was at the Barrel Full Of Barrels, and I swear to god that I stopped drinking at 11.

...Ah well.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2010, 06:11:06 AM »
Many thanks to whoever is distributing the Booze buff.  :V

I've made some awesome progress. Got me an epic banjo and some advanced cocktail crafting and I'm kicking ass. Hello Cyrpt.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2010, 07:33:15 AM »
I did way too much stuff today...
>Got access to the beach, island, and fernswarthy's tower
>Got to and completed the level 8 quest
>Completed the goblin king quest
>Completed the deep fat friars' quest (But not the extended segment which is definitely new to me!)
>made myself a potato pistol >8D

God I love the Feast of Boris

三重階乗

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
Ran into a Tofurkey at the Degrassi Knoll and got a leg & gravy from it. Ate them and got 4 Muscle points out of it! They probably filled me up a lot, but I can't be sure since the wiki appears to be down.

Anyway, dropped a few weapons into the stash, including the Moxie class starters (disco ball & stolen accordion) in case someone made the same mistake I did and sold their starting weapon (had to Chewing Gum on a String farm to get another one). I also named my Smiling Rat Nazrin, since she's Nazrin.

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
Mmmm. turkey legs do help. I stuffed my character with lots of food today and was able to finish 2 quests.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
You have an increased limit for food eating on the Feast of Boris, so you can eat the ridiculously fattening things that drop off of the special monsters in pretty large quantities.  It's also the only day you can eat those things, so go nuts 8D