Author Topic: Granblue Summer - Swimsuits and Sun!  (Read 142957 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Granblue Fantasy - Slayers collab starting!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »
Hey ruka, what's the current gacha thing? :v I know it's not 2x, but I'm wondering what it is precisely.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »
First time I've seen it. I remember some people this morning were saying not to bother with it though.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 04:53:39 AM »
Your main weapon can be a piece of crap if you just want it for the element bonus

What do you mean with this? Is there a way to know beforehand the elements of the enemies in a certain zone?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »
What do you mean with this? Is there a way to know beforehand the elements of the enemies in a certain zone?
Pretty easily. When you enter a map, you'll be sent to the friend support page and defaulted to the element you need for the map. If the color is white, it means the map is mixed element.

Espadas

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »
Lol, that means that up until now i've ALWAYS chosen the wrong support since i was switching the selection to see the other summons  :V
Good to know.

Speaking of colors, i guess it would be better to build "monocolor" teams compared to "rainbow" ones, right? (PAD has ruined my life?)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 08:03:40 PM »
Lol, that means that up until now i've ALWAYS chosen the wrong support since i was switching the selection to see the other summons  :V
Good to know.

Speaking of colors, i guess it would be better to build "monocolor" teams compared to "rainbow" ones, right? (PAD has ruined my life?)
A lot of people do that. Monocolor teams with monocolor weapon pool is the strongest basic setup. If you can't though, there are a couple of summons that make use of mixed teams.

Grand Order increases your team's attack by 100-200% if you have at least 3 different elements in the vanguard. This is my personal favorite because its active comes with an hp regeneration.

Odin on the other hand will increase the attack of light and dark elements if they're both in the vanguard by 50-75%.

I'd link to the wiki, but I don't have my bookmarks right now.

And if you haven't seen it yet, there's a popularity poll out equal to PAD's PCGF. http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/728/vote-granblue-popularity-contest
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:09:14 PM by Ruka »

Espadas

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 11:37:02 PM »
Ruka, sometimes before the actual battles there is a sort of event where i simply click and one random member of my party oneshot/get a dropped item from 5 different monsters in a row. What is it? And do i keep the items i get or they disappear if i don't use them in the next battle?

Speaking of items: is there a list of all of them and their effects?

Last question (i hope  :blush:): what is this panel? It randomly pop up sometimes and the guide doesn't seems to mention it....

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:34 PM »
Ruka, sometimes before the actual battles there is a sort of event where i simply click and one random member of my party oneshot/get a dropped item from 5 different monsters in a row. What is it? And do i keep the items i get or they disappear if i don't use them in the next battle?
The healing items (green and blue potions) are only for those battles. The other items are random mats for item exchange in the shop.

Speaking of items: is there a list of all of them and their effects?
Not that I know of. Here are a few though.

Left to right: AP potion (restores 100 AP or revives everyone in battle at full HP), 1/2 AP potion (restores 50 AP), BP powder (restores 5 BP), BP pills (restores 1 BP)

Left to right, top to bottom: Green Potion (recovers HP to one target), Blue Potion (recovers HP to party), AP potion
Blue Potion (Guild Wars version, disappears after Guild Wars), Clear leaf (recovers status of one target; disappears after GW), revival potion (revives everyone in party with 10% HP; disappears after Guild Wars)

Coop craftables (usable only in Coop):
Rank point bonus
Exp point bonus
Special/Ougi bonus
Atk buff seed
HP buff seed
Drop rate buff feather

For mats, visit the shop crafting section for some of them. (Menu -> Item line, 2nd button, item bag icon) Other mats are in the guide.

Last question (i hope  :blush:): what is this panel? It randomly pop up sometimes and the guide doesn't seems to mention it....

Daily login bonus.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:59:56 PM by Ruka »

Espadas

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 12:24:54 AM »
Honestly Ruka, thanks a lot for all your help!

After defeating Tiamat at the end of the first island there was a popup regarding guilds.... maybe now i can be invited into one?

Btw, i've read in the gbf forum that there is a "skin" for Lina that shorten her animation (cool but tooooo long). Any idea on how to obtain it? and are there skins for other chars too?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 12:45:17 AM »
Honestly Ruka, thanks a lot for all your help!

After defeating Tiamat at the end of the first island there was a popup regarding guilds.... maybe now i can be invited into one?

Btw, i've read in the gbf forum that there is a "skin" for Lina that shorten her animation (cool but tooooo long). Any idea on how to obtain it? and are there skins for other chars too?
"Skins" for other characters are automatically added when you limit break them enough times. For Lina, get 500k event points and claim the reward on the event page with the exclamation point. A little harder for lowbies. So my suggestion is farm that meat and open up Extreme+ (or whatever highest you can manage). You'll get some points for just hosting the thing. Just don't forget to plink the boss or buff the raid just in case. Actually, buffing the raid may get you the most points as a lowbie.

Sent you an invite.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:11:21 AM by Ruka »

Chaore

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 02:05:32 AM »
Oh crap I need to limit break to get the skin too? welp :v

Extreme+ is impossible for us due to AP issues, spamming VH is best option imo. Join extreme+ because it's the best bp to value ratio assuming you don't die instantly (Very possible).

Also how hard is the second character quest (and pretty boy quest when he looks more interesting than boobs mckenzie atleast)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 02:34:51 AM »
Oh crap I need to limit break to get the skin too? welp :v

Extreme+ is impossible for us due to AP issues, spamming VH is best option imo. Join extreme+ because it's the best bp to value ratio assuming you don't die instantly (Very possible).

Also how hard is the second character quest (and pretty boy quest when he looks more interesting than boobs mckenzie atleast)
Wasn't too tough for me, but I dunno about others. I fought Naga and she hits about 1300-1500 each turn. I suggest Earth element teams with or . Or make a team that requires Grand Order as support summon.

Edit: My battle vs Naga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhr9pCWNr1I

I'd love Gourry too, but I don't think you can get him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:29:06 AM by Ruka »

Chaore

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 02:39:55 AM »
I'd love Gourry too, but I don't think you can get him.

Sadly what I figured.

Also oh right summons have leader skills, I'll probably go for Grand order then as...yeah, I only have two rs in earth.

Edit: yeah this ain't doable without too many ap pots single turn counter and way too much hp

i don't think i can win even if I go full earth
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:09:19 AM by Chaore »

Espadas

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 10:20:33 PM »
Still feel like a noob that have to ask everything about this game.....  :fail:

How do i earn event points?
I just got a "diamond" summon from a Magna battle.... is it the same as Angel weapons, used to feed other summons?

This is my collab panel. I suppose the "meat" you said to farm is the same item shown there that i miss, but how do i farm it? Haven't seen it anywhere yet.
And how do i unlock the first two banners, "Wickedrebel" and that beholder-like monster?

This is the "Coop" panel. I've tried to click on the "Mission" icon, on the "Stage 1" button, and on that AP 1/2 banner, but i can't start anything.....

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:36:48 PM by Espadas »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:55 PM »
So I poked around on the multibattles and got orbs with a picture of the boss, what do?

(also request sent because need it for that summon)

(double also I saw a VicViper in the list of support summons and forgot to friend whups?)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:07:48 PM by Smashy »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 11:05:44 PM »
Still feel like a noob that have to ask everything about this game.....  :fail:

How do i earn event points?

This is my collab panel. I suppose the "meat" you said to farm is the same item shown there that i miss, but how do i farm it? Haven't seen it anywhere yet.
And how do i unlock the first two banners, "Wickedrebel" and that beholder-like monster?

During Guild Wars, the event battles are only open from 0700 JST to 2359 JST. So no event battles can take place outside of those times. During open times, you farm meat by fighting Ahriman. The meat is used as material to fight Wickedrebel and the Lesser Demons.

Event points are earned for contributing to the battle and/or hosting the room. For lowbies, I suggest using support skills (main character only) that earn points since you probably don't do any meaningful damage to gain points that way. Knight damage reduction, cleric heals, and warrior attack ups are a good start. Don't forget you can set EX skills and use skills from a different class.

Now you've probably seen this when you've entered a raid. Left button sends a call to public, middle sends it to friends, right sends it to guild. If you want to farm points, I strongly suggest you DO NOT send it to public or friends and only send it to the guild. Points = loot and guild ranking. Think of your guild first. We may be casual, but we still want that loot. Keep in mind that others can also send a call to the public, so that's a factor that you have to think about when farming for points. Make sure everyone is on the same page.

On that topic, Hell mode can be opened to the public, but it's easy enough for a mid-strength guild to finish. So PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE PUBLIC UNLESS THE GUILD WIPES.

The only time you would open a fight to the public is when you or the guild can't finish the fight.

This is the "Coop" panel. I've tried to click on the "Mission" icon, on the "Stage 1" button, and on that AP 1/2 banner, but i can't start anything.....

This one took me a little while to figure out without help.

Below your character is a red button (left) and blue button (right). The red button allows you to create a room. The blue button lists rooms you can join (they fill up fast especially during the off season between events). Some players create rooms with restrictions like rank restrictions, friends only, or guild only so be aware of that.

Benefits of joining a room is that it costs you 0 AP to do runs, and you essentially bum off loot and complete daily missions so long as you contribute something to the battle.

If you're the host of the room however, you have to ante up the AP for each run you do.

To make a room, press the red button.

You'll see this screen. The defaults for this room is that any rank can join and anyone can join. Top drop down lets you restrict minimum ranks that can join. Bottom drop down lets you restrict the room to friends only or guild only or describes more clearly what kind of room it is. Just leave this alone.

The box has a 24-char limit that you can put stuff in. It's mainly used to describe how many runs, what stage, whether you're doing dailies, etc. Or you can leave it blank, but it helps other people to know what to expect. Read the guide about coop for some details about phrases.

After you set up the room, you wait for people, up to 4 including you. It will fill up fast.

To select a stage, select a difficulty then select the encounter. After that, you'll see a blinking bar below the encounter you picked. Click that and it will take you to the support summon page. The summons here are what everyone has set to be usable as support.

After that, click OK when you're ready and have at it. Keep fighting until you've done what you came to do.

So I poked around on the multibattles and got orbs with a picture of the boss, what do?

(also request sent because need it for that summon)

(double also I saw a VicViper in the list of support summons and forgot to friend whups?)
If they look something like this , they're used as crafting mats for weapons, summons, or limit breaking. Keep in mind that you cannot craft anything related to that boss unless you host that battle first.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:14:32 PM by Ruka »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 04:55:46 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but I need to point the attention of current guild members to a couple of guidelines in the other forums:

Guild Donating: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/post/5556
Regarding Guild Battle Summons: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/post/5781

Chaore

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 05:11:37 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but I need to point the attention of current guild members to a couple of guidelines in the other forums:

I've been donating mostly weapons, but it seems like my gold button (and text chat) are mysteriously broken at the moment... Well, I need to set up a new computer soon anyway.

I've noticed lina has 4 stars, is that normal for gacha 4*s or does that put her more midline with SSRs and such?

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 05:44:19 AM »
What should I do for guilds right now? I just need to join one to get the free SR weapon but I dunno if Infinity's still temp closed or not.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »
I've been donating mostly weapons, but it seems like my gold button (and text chat) are mysteriously broken at the moment... Well, I need to set up a new computer soon anyway.

I've noticed lina has 4 stars, is that normal for gacha 4*s or does that put her more midline with SSRs and such?
That's normal. Story SSRs on the other hand get 4* later on in the story.
What should I do for guilds right now? I just need to join one to get the free SR weapon but I dunno if Infinity's still temp closed or not.
I specifically closed it for the GBF forums. I have extra space for friends and MotK people.

I tried sending you an invite, but it's not letting me because you either made your own guild or you have pending requests.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:07:03 PM by Ruka »

Espadas

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
Well, that is certainly a better use for those normal weapons than randomly feeding them off to my chars/only SSR weapon.

Btw, how does the GW gatcha (the one with all golden weapons) works? I selected the sword but for now i only got ?tems or normal/rare weapons..... do i have to keep rolling until the golden sword comes out?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »
Well, that is certainly a better use for those normal weapons than randomly feeding them off to my chars/only SSR weapon.

Btw, how does the GW gatcha (the one with all golden weapons) works? I selected the sword but for now i only got ?tems or normal/rare weapons..... do i have to keep rolling until the golden sword comes out?
Yup. You get tickets for participating in event battles and as reward for certain medal/point counts. Once you get the SSR weapon, you can reset the box for a chance at another one up to 3 more times.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »
Edit: Nevermind figured it out, ready for invite.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:33:25 PM by Smashy »

Espadas

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »
Let keep the noob questions flowing!

- Can we actually sell weapons/items? I've tried to look in the shop but everything is for buying or at most trade with other items i dropped

- I don't know what i have to do to clear my second "mission" in the Coop tab. There is the image of something like a huge bee (kinda like the red bee normal summon but more brownish)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
Let keep the noob questions flowing!

- Can we actually sell weapons/items? I've tried to look in the shop but everything is for buying or at most trade with other items i dropped
Yes.

Go to List (or storage if you purchased one in the shop).

Scroll down and click this button (same location but different color for selling from storage).

You'll be taken to another screen which you can pick weapons to sell.

You can also sell some coop drops in the shop.

If you have something available to sell, like the coins shown, the button for it will turn blue meaning you can sell it. Keep in mind though that some of it is used for coop crafting mats, so save some if you know you'll use it for something else.

- I don't know what i have to do to clear my second "mission" in the Coop tab. There is the image of something like a huge bee (kinda like the red bee normal summon but more brownish)
It's a hunt quest which shows the exact same picture at the given location. There should be a Stage# right next to it. Alternatively, if it's a drop item, click the image, and it'll show you where you can get them from. If the image is a question mark, it just means you haven't hosted that battle yet, but is still clearable if someone else hosts it.

Chaore

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 03:16:33 AM »
Got the ssr gold medal 100 reward, got another light bow drop so no matter what I can get a full limit broke one, I'm...mostly done with the event besides the ticket ssr.

That's gonna be a pain though. :v

Edit: Rolled for 2x. ...absolute garbage. Even the SR was kind of aggressively mediocre. Like, okay. No ssr, but not even a good SR is just gross.

This is...frustrating.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:34:55 AM by Chaore »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 01:08:18 PM »
20 rolls and no SSR here (need 500 more gems for another try). But I did get these SR and an interesting Rare.

Sig

Claudia

Rosamia

Mimlememel

Karuteira
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:42:54 PM by Ruka »

Espadas

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »
Yeah, that first image is definitely "interesting"  :3
And i'm 20 gems away from my first x2 SSR gatcha roll  :V

What is that new banner that appeared in the main page with the icy writing? Some side event?

Stupid question: how do i use the Twitter refresh campaign? When i click on it there is a window that speaks about "PIN" but when i tried to login clicking on the blue button it said there was some kind of error.
Is it because i need to use a twitter account connected to the same email i use for the game?

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2016, 05:24:48 PM »
So I unlocked casino and paid for 10 medals for poker. An hour later I'm at 100k  :justasplanned:

So what's good there other than the SSR stuff?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »
So I unlocked casino and paid for 10 medals for poker. An hour later I'm at 100k  :justasplanned:
U
So what's good there other than the SSR stuff?
1/2 AP potions and BP pills are staples that restock daily.

Other than that, there is an SSR character you can unlock and get for 77,777,777 medals.

Quote from: Espadas
link=topic=19216.msg1234006#msg1234006 date=1454087158
Yeah, that first image is definitely "interesting"  :3
And i'm 20 gems away from my first x2 SSR gatcha roll  :V

What is that new banner that appeared in the main page with the icy writing? Some side event?

Stupid question: how do i use the Twitter refresh campaign? When i click on it there is a window that speaks about "PIN" but when i tried to login clicking on the blue button it said there was some kind of error.
Is it because i need to use a twitter account connected to the same email i use for the game?
Poke around your mail. You may have some achievements that give you gems.

The banner is a new event that's after guild wars. Upcoming events usually pop up below the current event.

As for the Twitter thing, you need register it first which is the pin number. I haven't tried doing it with mobile, but it may be easier. I had to use a video capture on desktop to get the pin.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:26:19 PM by Ruka »