Author Topic: Granblue Summer - Swimsuits and Sun!  (Read 142021 times)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Granblue Summer - Swimsuits and Sun!
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:02:26 AM »
Does anyone else here play this? Granted it's Japanese only until the English language option is out in March. (Yes, option, not English version of the game which means if you play now in JP, you get to keep your data if what I'm understanding is right.)

Long story short, take FF Record Keeper, a main character that can change jobs and summon stuff and an extra 3-5 party members in an FF style but more meaningful gameplay and you have Granblue Fantasy. Raids are a big part of the game which can be done with friends, guild, or pub.

The game is playable on Chrome (link below), Android, and iOS. For Android, it is recommended to play the game through Chrome since the native app is slow as heck.

And if anyone is looking for a guild, post your ID below or apply in the recruiting thread.

Beginner's Video Guide: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/713/beginners-video-guide-granblue-fantasy
How to register: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/376/new-game-registration-rerolling-v1
Starter guide: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/240/granblue-fantasy-ultimate-guide
Classes: http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/44/job-skills-bonuses
JP Wiki: http://gbf-wiki.com/index.php?%BE%A4%B4%AD%C0%D0SSR

Chrome app: link
Android (app): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.mbga.a12016007.lite&hl=ja
Android (chrome link): http://gbf.game.mbga.jp/
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/guranburufantaji/id852882903?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D8

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8Htx1ATf
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:20:37 PM by Ruka »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Granblue Fantasy - Slayers collab starting!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:17 AM »
This is on chrome? Goodness, I might have to try it later then :v

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »
Hm.

My initial impressions so far are that it's pretty ok. I changed myself to Magician at the first opportunity, but I feel like a Thief with a pointy hat. Mostly because attacking is a basic thing and yadda yadda yadda. I am really out of my depth with how much text there is in the game, and will probably switch to English at the first opportunity.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »
Hm.

My initial impressions so far are that it's pretty ok. I changed myself to Magician at the first opportunity, but I feel like a Thief with a pointy hat. Mostly because attacking is a basic thing and yadda yadda yadda. I am really out of my depth with how much text there is in the game, and will probably switch to English at the first opportunity.
Early on it's pretty easy. Later quests is when you'll have to pace yourself between your skills and other attacks.

It's recommended to change jobs as much as you can after you master a job since you get bonus stats for doing so, and you can transfer some skills to other jobs.

It's also recommended to work towards Dark Fencer as soon as possible since it helps soloing harder quests.

As for skills, the good news is that they share some icons, so if you use one skill, chances are that the other similar icon has a similar effect. For more help, check the link above about classes. There's this also for characters:

EN (outdated list): http://gbf-english.proboards.com/board/4/characters-enemies
jp wiki: http://mirror.gbf-wiki.com/?%BF%CD%CA%AASSR
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:05:43 PM by Ruka »

Chaore

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
I don't suppose theres a quick measure for how much it takes on a device? I'd just use chrome, but i want to actually reroll for shinies and device seems to make that easiest

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »
I don't suppose theres a quick measure for how much it takes on a device? I'd just use chrome, but i want to actually reroll for shinies and device seems to make that easiest
The game essentially runs on a cache system, but it doesn't download the data all at once. Right now my system cache for Chrome is 75MB and it runs relatively well as long as you're not using the android app for it (seriously don't do it).

As for rerolling, SSR rates are 3% and honestly you're not missing much by not getting an SSR early on since you'll get units as you progress through the story and gems. Best to save gems and Legend tickets for when there's a x2 SSR rate or you see something you like. Highly discourage rolling singles since x10 roll guarantees an SR at least.

Chaore

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 12:57:20 AM »
As for rerolling, SSR rates are 3% and honestly you're not missing much by not getting an SSR early on since you'll get units as you progress through the story and gems. Best to save gems and Legend tickets for when there's a x2 SSR rate or you see something you like. Highly discourage rolling singles since x10 roll guarantees an SR at least.

I might just take that approach due to :Effort: really.

I've gotten back into Kaireisei so some saved time is prolly best :v

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 01:17:50 AM »
it's Japanese only until the English language option is out in March. (Yes, option, not English version of the game which means if you play now in JP, you get to keep your data if what I'm understanding is right.)
Can we get the source for this info? I'd like to confirm this is true before deciding on if I want to play this game or not.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 01:55:47 AM »
Can we get the source for this info? I'd like to confirm this is true before deciding on if I want to play this game or not.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/437/announcement-granblue-fantasy-international-release

Search the thread. That's what I'm basing it on.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:54 AM »
Oh hey, a TGS stream link! (clicks)

"Sorry, this video is private."

Mother buzzer...Oh well. If everyone else is talking about it, it must be true. I'll go about downloading the game, then.

Chaore

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »
hey ruka which of lina and boobs mckenzie is more op to pick :v

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 10:22:01 PM »
hey ruka which of lina and boobs mckenzie is more op to pick :v
I have no idea to be honest. They both have the same ATK and HP. Lina lends more towards debuffs and healing while building up runes to power her Dragon Slave (which takes a ridiculous amount of time to cast). I don't know what Naga does.

Chaore

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »
I'l just go with Lina then because she's the better looking one :v

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »
Did you need a guild? Reserved some spots for people in MotK and friends.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »
Ok, watched a few videos of gameplay and i'm definitely interested. A question: is it possible to REDO the story you already cleared?

I'm asking because i'm a huge fan of plot-driven games so i already know that when the English option comes out i'll want to redo everything to understand dialogues....  ::)

Either way, times to read a bit more in details that guide and download the game  :V

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 11:07:57 PM »
Ok, watched a few videos of gameplay and i'm definitely interested. A question: is it possible to REDO the story you already cleared?

I'm asking because i'm a huge fan of plot-driven games so i already know that when the English option comes out i'll want to redo everything to understand dialogues....  ::)

Either way, times to read a bit more in details that guide and download the game  :V
Yes. You basically either revisit the places you've been before, or you can look in the library (Lyria's notes).

Chaore

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 11:43:42 PM »
Did you need a guild? Reserved some spots for people in MotK and friends.

I do lack one currently, so I'd be interested.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 12:12:52 AM »
I do lack one currently, so I'd be interested.
I need your player ID so I can send the invite.

Chaore

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 12:22:58 AM »
I need your player ID so I can send the invite.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 12:31:54 AM »
Sent. Check your mail or the guild button button menu.

Chaore

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 06:19:32 AM »
Do these events have more things unlock as time goes on? Because as is I'm A) regretting choosing lina bc jfc that animation B) wondering how i can fit in 100 gold/silver medals and getting 3k for next 2x.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »
Do these events have more things unlock as time goes on? Because as is I'm A) regretting choosing lina bc jfc that animation B) wondering how i can fit in 100 gold/silver medals and getting 3k for next 2x.
For this event, the other character you didn't choose can be obtained by some method that no one knows yet. As for Lina, her special animation can be shortened when you get her skin at 500k pts.

We still have a week, so there's plenty of time to farm those medals. This is also still the prelims for guild wars. There should be a guide about it in the GBF forum.

Espadas

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 02:53:57 PM »
Holy crap, i don't undestand what am i doing or clicking 99% of the time  :(...... Maybe i really should wait for that English patch.....

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 04:26:00 PM »
Holy crap, i don't undestand what am i doing or clicking 99% of the time  :(...... Maybe i really should wait for that English patch.....
Did you read the guide that was linked above? That helps some.

Espadas

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 04:41:00 PM »
That guide is the only reason i managed to do anything  :V
The main problem are all the submenus and wall of texts.... heck, right now i have 3 mails i have no idea what they say or how to erase them.....

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 04:51:07 PM »
That guide is the only reason i managed to do anything  :V
The main problem are all the submenus and wall of texts.... heck, right now i have 3 mails i have no idea what they say or how to erase them.....
About the mails, they delete themselves. Some of them are notifications about Fate episodes for your characters (which you can find by going to Quest and scrolling to the bottom), achievements that give out gems, pending friend requests, and some policy stuff.

Which submenus in particular?

Espadas

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 10:29:25 AM »
About the mails, they delete themselves. Some of them are notifications about Fate episodes for your characters (which you can find by going to Quest and scrolling to the bottom), achievements that give out gems, pending friend requests, and some policy stuff.

Which submenus in particular?

After using a few accounts as "let test what the hell that button does  :V" i have a slightly better grasp of what is going on.
Right now i'm at work, when i get home i'll post screens of what i'm still unsure.

Right now i have a lot of questions  :blush::

1) everone says to focus on getting Dark Fencer as soon as possible. Since Fighter isn't a prerequisite while both Priest and Knight are, is there any way to START as either of them?
If not, should i master (lv20) Fighter and then switch job or immediately switch and leave Fighter at lv1?

2) The Gatcha Tickets i earn.... if i stockpile them can they be used for 10x "guaranteed SR"? or they can only be used for single rolls, and the only way to roll in the 10x is with money/crystals?

3) What is Overdrive?

4) Weapons have different types of skills, some active and some passive? And only the passive ones can be skilled up?

5) What do you get by Limit Breaking a weapon/character/summon?

6) Let see if i understood a bit of Enhance/Limit Break/Skillups:
- you can level up a character or weapon by feeding them weapons (for weapons they must be of same type or Angel/Archangel type). You can level up a summon only by feeding them another summon
- you can Limit Break a char/weapon/summon by feeding them an exact copy of themselves or specific "limit break materials" + paying Rupee
- you can skillup a weapon by feeding it a combination of weapons that are worth enough "points" for the skillup (even if the weapons have different skills?)

7) About summons:
- they have an active skill and a leader skill
- i can equip one for each party member and they all add their raw stats to mine
- i can use the active skills of each of the summons i have equipped, but i get the leader skill's buff only of the one connected to my leader

Urgh, sorry for all this.... :ohdear:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:32:49 AM by Espadas »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »
After using a few accounts as "let test what the hell that button does  :V" i have a slightly better grasp of what is going on.
Right now i'm at work, when i get home i'll post screens of what i'm still unsure.

Right now i have a lot of questions  :blush::

1) everone says to focus on getting Dark Fencer as soon as possible. Since Fighter isn't a prerequisite while both Priest and Knight are, is there any way to START as either of them?
If not, should i master (lv20) Fighter and then switch job or immediately switch and leave Fighter at lv1?
http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/44/job-skills-bonuses
You can start as Priest and Knight. You can switch jobs at any time so long as you have that job already. Learning new jobs require JP, so make sure you have enough before you try to learn a new job. JP is earned through leveling Rank or as reward from event gacha/medals/points.

2) The Gatcha Tickets i earn.... if i stockpile them can they be used for 10x "guaranteed SR"? or they can only be used for single rolls, and the only way to roll in the 10x is with money/crystals?
I think Gacha tickets are only for single pulls. And 10x rolls can only be done with moba coins (real money) or crystals (3000 per 10 pull).

3) What is Overdrive?
Under the enemy's HP bar are dots that fill up each turn. When all the dots light up, the enemy uses a special attack and empties out those dots. Under Overdrive, the dots don't empty out completely and will always have 1 dot remaining after using a special. In short, Overdrive lets the enemy use special skills more often. Get them out of Overdrive ASAP by damaging them or using skills that reduce Overdrive like Rakumu/Rackam's (fire character with the gun and kinda sounds like Kamina?) 2nd skill.

4) Weapons have different types of skills, some active and some passive? And only the passive ones can be skilled up?
Only passives can be skilled up. Actives are what you use when you do your special attack.

5) What do you get by Limit Breaking a weapon/character/summon?
Limit Breaking in general increases the level cap of something which means stronger stats. When a character is limit broken, they can also learn new skills or improve existing skills at higher levels. Summons when fully limit broken have a stronger leader skill and skill effect.

6) Let see if i understood a bit of Enhance/Limit Break/Skillups:
- you can level up a character or weapon by feeding them weapons (for weapons they must be of same type or Angel/Archangel type). You can level up a summon only by feeding them another summon
- you can Limit Break a char/weapon/summon by feeding them an exact copy of themselves or specific "limit break materials" + paying Rupee
- you can skillup a weapon by feeding it a combination of weapons that are worth enough "points" for the skillup (even if the weapons have different skills?)
That's pretty much it. Just one thing. You don't have to feed them the same weapon type, but they do get bonus exp for the same weapon type.

7) About summons:
- they have an active skill and a leader skill
- i can equip one for each party member and they all add their raw stats to mine
- i can use the active skills of each of the summons i have equipped, but i get the leader skill's buff only of the one connected to my leader
More or less right, but let's clear that up a bit. You can equip 5 summons regardless of the number of characters in your party. Only the main summon's leader skill will be active (it will say Main Summon on top of the portrait). Now for support summons, their leader skill will be active whether or not you befriended them.

Now regarding stats, the stats of all the weapons and summons you have currently equipped add to everyone in the party. Depending on your weapon pool, the passive skills of each weapon will increase atk/hp/crit/double attack rate of those particular characters with the same element.

By the way, need a guild? Just give me your ID, and I'll send you an invite.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:47:44 PM by Ruka »

Espadas

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 12:09:59 AM »
Thanks a lot Ruka!  :)
Of course i'd like to join, my ID is 8624633.

Is this the part you were speaking about where you can replay the story you already cleared or there is more to this section?

More questions.....  :V
I understand that i get a buff when i equip a weapon which i'm proficient in (i'm a Knight so i should equip swords or spears) but how does the buff to the party members work?

Have i missed an obvious section or it isn't possible to change/upgrade in any way the weapons of the sub members? (for example: the sprite of Rakumu shows that he wield a gun, but can i give him a different one or improve his?)

How does the weapon pool work? Should i simply give myself the strongest spear/sword i actually possess and fill up the spots with the weapons with highest stats?

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 12:56:42 AM »
Thanks a lot Ruka!  :)
Of course i'd like to join, my ID is 8624633.
Looks like I can't invite you until you either clear chapter 4 of the game or Guild Wars is over. I'm betting on Guild Wars being over.

Is this the part you were speaking about where you can replay the story you already cleared or there is more to this section?

Should be it. Poke around. If not, then you'd have to revisit maps maybe.

I understand that i get a buff when i equip a weapon which i'm proficient in (i'm a Knight so i should equip swords or spears) but how does the buff to the party members work?
I'm not sure about this to be honest. May have to ask the GBF forums. All I'm aware of is the weapon passives.

Have i missed an obvious section or it isn't possible to change/upgrade in any way the weapons of the sub members? (for example: the sprite of Rakumu shows that he wield a gun, but can i give him a different one or improve his?)
Your party members cannot change weapons. Their stats are directly tied to your weapon and summon pool + their base stats.

How does the weapon pool work? Should i simply give myself the strongest spear/sword i actually possess and fill up the spots with the weapons with highest stats?
Yes and no. Your main weapon can be a piece of crap if you just want it for the element bonus, but your special attack will suffer if it has a weak active. As for the weapon pool, you generally want to fill this with weapons you're proficient in and/or weapons that will give you the highest total. Honestly, don't worry too much about it until you have large weapon selection. I usually just go for the auto-optimize and select the element I need.

Speaking of weapons, I would suggest farming weapons and summons from the multi battles. Pick any 2 Magna you like (5 BP battles), and focus on them until you max out the summon/weapons from that battle. All you have to do is plink the boss or use a raid-wide buff to get any loot. Be quick though, they tend to die fast.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:01:31 AM by Ruka »