Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread XXVI - Everyday Christmas With Monster Musume  (Read 150910 times)

Re: Puzzle and Dragons Thread XXVI - Everyday Christmas With Monster Musume
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »
What with the art for these new exclusives and the art for for machina marionette series, looks like the Kali artist is getting more spotlight. Anyone know who the artist is? Any names floating around?

Kazama Raita

Right, this is why I lost so much interest in this game, the powercreep has reached overdrive speed and it's not stopping anytime soon.

It's irrelevant if you play the game like me and ignore the OP shit/find ways to balance it out. Suddenly the game feels like a game again.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
Oh lovely, the blue one is arbitrarily rarer again. At least it's dragging the black one down with it.

You fiend! Leave black alone!

Those awakening are quite ridiculous but i'm not in a place to evaluate if they will bring Juggler-level changes to the game...

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
okay yeah tbf none of these cards are actually that good. they just look silly because they're breaking the conventions on power awakenings but they totally lack in utility awakenings and it's not like having even more power helps that much in this meta (fucking sopdet)

at least the dark one has a SBR though which probably makes her them most useful? she also probably has a good spot on yomidra while the others are still looking for a better leader

The real tragedy is there is STILL NO 10x DESCENDS AND RKALI IS NOT BUYABLE ITS RONIA LMAO WHO THE FUCK WANTS RONIA FOR 300K MP
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:11:29 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »
Regarding the lack of utility awakenings on the new GFEs, just keep in mind that some teams end up with too many of them because monsters with two skillboosts or even two lock resists are relatively common now, especially among awoken gods. My Kalloween team, for example, has 11 skillboosts but the longest cooldown on any of my skills is 7. So obviously you don't want too many members of your team to be lacking utility awakenings, but I think a lot of teams could carry one Australias by virtue of the other members being so stacked with utility.

And, as with additional skillboosts becoming redundant once all of your skills are up on turn one, there's a certain point where adding more rows probably doesn't matter that much. Row teams can one-shot stuff. That's been true since I started playing. Stacking more rows does have utility in that it might let you save some actives or run with a lower multiplier, but as far as I'm concerned there's a point past which adding more rows isn't helping THAT much.

And of course both of those points mainly apply to Austrailis, apparently widely regarded as the weakest one anyway, but I imagine they do apply to the others to at least some degree. I'm not defending these as great designs, but I'm not too worried right now. Maybe I'll take that back later.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »

oh yeah this has been finished for a long while now and i don't see GOLD on her name so can someone please get me that gold name

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »
speaking of gold names *coughcoughcough*

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »
I'm kind of excited for the ranking dungeon later, but I don't know what to expect. Has anybody from JP got any advice?

I'm planning to use Ra, but he doesn't seem that well-suited for it. Seems like an optimal team would be something like Bastet that can nuke everything without havibg to tank its combo count to hit all colors. But hopefully I can still do okay. Combos and speed are not really my forte, but I like to believe I'm not awful at them. MaybeI'll find out I am, we'll see.

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »
From what I've seen it's always RaDra on top of the charts lol

aRa should probably be not too far behind, just you have to spend time using actives to burst

although with RaDra you basically just run the dungeon over and over until you get lucky enough to clear every floor instantly

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2015, 01:42:41 AM »
Dear lord that is stupid.  Welp, still a free stone and (something else depending on ranking) so I guess it's ok.

"Don't have this one specific whalemon?  haha you lose."
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2015, 01:44:33 AM »
well that's just to hit the top 10, like the literal 10 best people in the region

to hit top 10% for max rewards you could probably get away with any good combo leader but regardless it would still take a lot of tries to get a lucky run

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2015, 01:49:11 AM »
aRa should probably be not too far behind, just you have to spend time using actives to burst

Keep in mind that Awoken Ra builds have waaaaaay fewer time extends. And yeah, time spent to use actives, but I'm not trying to cut it fine enough that I expect that to matter.

Dear lord that is stupid.  Welp, still a free stone and (something else depending on ranking) so I guess it's ok.

"Don't have this one specific whalemon?  haha you lose."

Unfortunately that's kind of inevitable. I don't know how else they would do it. Give everyone the same prebuilt team I guess, but then skyfalls and board layout still make it fairly luck-based. As far as I can tell PAD is just a game where getting competitive doesn't make that much sense. Maybe prebuilt teams would still be better. I don't know. Wouldn't want to upset the whales by creating a situation where they might not be better than everyone else though, so might as well just let them win (that's mean and unfair, sorry whales).

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2015, 01:51:38 AM »
having time extends isn't necessarily that good for ranking though, since you are very heavily scored on clear time, so optimally you'll want to combo as fast as possible and not make use of all your time extends

also yeah prebuilt would be better because no matter what rng will be a factor so prebuilt at least makes the playing field level
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:54:25 AM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
Oh really? The way I read the scoring it seemed like losing a few seconds to pump up your combo count was the better option. Fair enough.

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »
Like your burst damage gives you score in the thousands, combo in the tens of thousands, and time approaches a hundred thousand

You just gotta go fast

Actually aRa has an advantage in blind resist and nuke for floor 2
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:06:44 AM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2015, 02:17:45 AM »
Highest score out of four runs was 97,104 (20.2%). That was by far my best run, but all of my previous runs I either fucked up or something weird happened. Yeah, that blind resist is great. With Sun Quan I've got 60% resistance, which is very handy. If time is that much of a factor then this run was probably pretty flawed because I had a two massive skyfalls. I'll probably try again at some point, but for now I'm reasonably happy with that.

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 02:43:20 AM »
Status as of 37 minutes in:

This is with all my runs horribly fucking up at wave 6 of all things, expect huge fluctuations by tomorrow.

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:56 AM »
So far it looks like Ilm is actually the best leader for this

Still a super whale team though cause the subs are all rodins and aLeilans

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 02:52:37 AM »
So does poison actually let you get past floor two without a penalty? What triggers the penalty? Is it just skipping a floor without attacking?

That that I plan on slotting poison into my team, but I'm curious.

Edit: Just watched my roommate and my neighbor both get absolutely and repeatedly destroyed by floor two. Huh. (One was using Awoken Shiva, the other was using Urd.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:54:59 AM by commandercool »

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2015, 02:54:03 AM »
Yes poison is fine, only nukes + orb refresh triggers

First try
18.8% percent

main thing was my time was slow
time extend is actually bad here lol

well as long as I can stay in the top 30% that would be fine. I don't really need the extra bubpy/woodpy, but 10k MP uh yes please
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:05:49 AM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »
well as long as I can stay in the top 30% that would be fine. I don't really need the extra bubpy/woodpy, but 10k MP uh yes please

Yup, those are my thoughts. 30% is all I really care about.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
Oh really? The way I read the scoring it seemed like losing a few seconds to pump up your combo count was the better option. Fair enough.

https://twitter.com/trancehime/status/666416584865488896 vs https://twitter.com/trancehime/status/666060846007754752

same dungeon, different team

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2015, 03:29:17 AM »
Actually aRa has an advantage in blind resist and nuke for floor 2

do not do

pushbuttons are penalized

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:06 AM »
it's only -5k and you save a lot of time

plus you basically have to either do that or poison but with poison you lose time with moving orbs/lose combo by just moving 1 orb

poison + orb jiggle might be the optimal choice though since time >> combos

also i wanted to try isis but there's no way for me to have a poison/nuke up by floor 2 with her so radra it is

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:54 AM »
The calculations!

Average Combo x 5000

Time left (seconds) x 500

Highest Cumulative Damage Dealt in one turn x 0.00025 (Caps at 10000, 40 million damage)

Active Skill used to finish an enemy x -5000*

* - I had a run where I got Vulcan down to like 3%, used Gungnir on him to kill him, and it still penalized me. So "skill-only defeat" is a bit misleading.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:36:47 AM by OverlordChirei »

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2015, 05:13:49 AM »
>try coin yamato for the stone

get perfect match on hino -> skyfall 64

oh well it's okay i can still beat goemon to half and kill

>get him to half and NEVER GET A 64 BOARD

and there goes 5 million coins too

this game is literally just a stupid coin flip

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2015, 05:22:40 AM »
Ha ha my estimated rank in the ranking dungeon has risen considerably since I got my score. And I assume it will fall considerably before this event is over as people grind out better scores.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2015, 05:58:34 AM »

And there's Lv10 0-stoned. thanks for the flampy

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2015, 06:36:30 AM »
Santa Kirin's ult is LIVE. Talk about a fast update.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »
Santa Kirin's ult is LIVE. Talk about a fast update.

well we're probably gonna try for simu release again, so they kinda had to have this planned i guess