Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 19: Forever waiting for Gungho NA edition  (Read 140539 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 19: Forever waiting for Gungho NA edition
« Reply #990 on: April 21, 2015, 04:12:36 AM »
And that's why I don't feel bad when people get upset when people criticize Ronia. Her existence makes the game worse by overly centralizing it. Obviously it's nowhere near as bad as in a PVP game, but Ronia makes the game just a little worse for everyone who doesn't play her and that's why she's dum.:colbert:.

oh for fuck's sake pls

The anti-Ronia whining is excessively melodramatic. With all the crazy-ridiculous power creep that's been going on as of late, Ronia's should be the least of anyone's worries at this point. She's used because she's compatible with a high number of monsters and popular for that very reason. Since you can have two leaders now (and can run BOTH of them now instead of just one at a time), it's hardly the problem it used to be-- even people who main her have secondary options, and if you don't like that, boot them from your list and find better friends instead of bitching about it all the time.

That, and it seems like a lot of the time she's a supplement for Beelzebub or Lu Bu, who she pairs really well with, too, rather than just her alone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:14:19 AM by Guildmarm Matsuri »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #991 on: April 21, 2015, 04:15:47 AM »
best friend essentially solves the problem as well, provided your bff sticks with your choice

okay i guess if they switch to ronia you're in trouble then  :V

« Reply #993 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:08 AM »
wait you have Isis but you use Alarune for bind healing?

I mean yeah she has better synergy with Leilan, but she only has 50% bind resist which is bleh because it's a 50% chance of her being unable to do the one job she's supposed to do.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #994 on: April 21, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »
That box capacity.

BeelzeRonia is probably the best application of Ronia spreading across a friend list. Perfectly farmable lead.

Remind me to do Beorc and Sowilo tomorrow.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #995 on: April 21, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
oh for fuck's sake pls

The anti-Ronia whining is excessively melodramatic. With all the crazy-ridiculous power creep that's been going on as of late, Ronia's should be the least of anyone's worries at this point. She's used because she's compatible with a high number of monsters and popular for that very reason. Since you can have two leaders now (and can run BOTH of them now instead of just one at a time), it's hardly the problem it used to be-- even people who main her have secondary options, and if you don't like that, boot them from your list and find better friends instead of bitching about it all the time.

Isn't the fact that this is a problem that I have to deal with repeatedly kind of self-explanatory? I'm not complaining over nothing, I'm complaining over an actual problem where I actually can't play optimally. I can't guess what playing with just one leader was like, since even with two my list of 20+ I&Is has dwindled down to two who have her up consistently, and both are at barely over 100 +eggs and zero skillups. Meanwhile, I typically have well over a dozen Ronia friends up even though I have never friended one. That's not nothing, and that's even with two friend leaders. Hardly the problem it used to be, I'm sure. Still a problem though, and a fairly large one.

I'm happy to boot people and find new friends, but this is what, the fourth time I've had to basically overhaul my friends list? And every time I have fewer options to pick from. And really no reason to expect that anyone will stick around for any amount of time before I need to kick a dozen people and hope I can find new ones again.

That, and it seems like a lot of the time she's a supplement for Beelzebub or Lu Bu, who she pairs really well with, too, rather than just her alone.

That's certainly true at some levels of play, but weirdly I don't see that much of it. I have nine Ronias up right now, two Beezlebubs, and one Lu Bu (and two I&I, one of which isn't even max level). And that doesn't really help me a ton since the core problem is "black-red/devils is so much better than everything else that it centralizes the game" whether it's Ronia or Beelzebub or Lu Bu. Variety is great, but not when it isn't really variety as far as I'm concerned.

best friend essentially solves the problem as well, provided your bff sticks with your choice

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for that mechanic. It seems like Gungho seeing a problem and fixing it, and that's super cool.

okay i guess if they switch to ronia you're in trouble then  :V

Well yes there's that. :V

Edit: Oof, yeah, just went looking for replacement I&Is, and they are slim pickings. There weren't many of them on PDX, and quite a few of the options were either people I used to be friends with but deleted for inactivity or because they stopped playing all of the stuff I wanted, or they explicitly asked for only requests from things I don't play, or I&I was buried at the bottom of a list of like ten +297 things. Sent requests out to the few that seemed worth a shot, hopefully that pays off. And still no Sun Quans at all.

People on here have mentioned other places to look for friends before, but I can't remember any of them. Remind me again, aside from PDX where should I look?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:44:49 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #996 on: April 21, 2015, 05:55:11 AM »
I can think of padherder, PF, and... maybe reddit? That sounds like dangerous territory, though. :V

The only Ronia I need is Edible's. I dunno why but when favorited his Ronia appears above all my other favorited friends (ie the motk crew and irl friends) so it's like, "Yeah, I'll give you my pal points. <3"

« Reply #997 on: April 21, 2015, 06:10:12 AM »
wait you have Isis but you use Alarune for bind healing?

I mean yeah she has better synergy with Leilan, but she only has 50% bind resist which is bleh because it's a 50% chance of her being unable to do the one job she's supposed to do.

>Recovers three turns of bind instead of two(EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)
>Dodges Godbinds anyway in XGod Rush and Izanami etc
>autorecovery
>on color
>Cure saves in clutch situations for sheer HP recovery(Hi XGod Rush!)
>Skillbind resist(Hi Zhao Yun!)
>
Spoiler:
cuter than isis

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #999 on: April 21, 2015, 11:50:49 AM »
okay chirei you have a damn lkali

and shynpy to max skill her

WHERE IS SHE I NEED HER

EDIT: and a kotaro too i really hate you right now

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1000 on: April 21, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
Paradise Of The Holy Beasts is another one of those dungeons where I guess I thought it was way harder than it was so I had never bothered to try to beat it before. Just took another look, and yeah, it's not that bad. Went in and realized that I was using a version of my team with Siren on it instead of Ruka, which was not good. Died to Kouryu because of weird orb rolls on his floor and Sakuya's, but with Ruka on board I would've had more than enough damage to one-shot him. Will definitely be going back in when I get the stamina back up. This is one of those rare cases where the crippling not-being-light/dark drawback doesn't really matter, since I don't really care if Meimei takes half damage. Barring shenanigans I can farm this.

I can think of padherder, PF, and... maybe reddit? That sounds like dangerous territory, though. :V

The only Ronia I need is Edible's. I dunno why but when favorited his Ronia appears above all my other favorited friends (ie the motk crew and irl friends) so it's like, "Yeah, I'll give you my pal points. <3"

Oh cool, I didn't know Padherder had a friend search option. Neat. I'll try there.

Edit: Hmm, next to no options on Padherder either. I think I sent out two requests. The rest were either inactive, full, or people I know to not actually play I&I anymore. And again, zero Sun Quans. Damn. :(

Edit edit: I'm starting to suspect/accept that I&I just isn't a real thing any more and Sun Quan will never be a real thing despite that fact that he's great. I guess I should just accept that I'm now usually going to be playing the kind-of-worse-but-still-usually-acceptable Metatron version of the team. I should go find some Beach Metatron friends, except there probably aren't any anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:50:54 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1001 on: April 21, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »

<3

« Reply #1002 on: April 21, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »
4 srs tho make a new thread already

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #1003 on: April 21, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »
k