Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons forever 17 - Star Vault Didn't Go So Well: I Was Nonplussed  (Read 148102 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Moonstet's Rejected LS #1: Devil Type HP increase by a little, ATK x3.
Moonstet's Rejected LS #2: GG or GD ATK x3, GGD ATK x3.5
(I'm not sure on the details of her 2nd rejected LS)

Green Angel 2.0's LS: Devil Type HP/ATK increase by a little, GG or GD ATK x3.

Is it just me or does this looks familiar :V

Well hey, took yamap a while to dare try to push green devil again.

You know who I blame.

She looks way more solid than Moonstet was though :V

also a+ aesthetics on grand sonia
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:44:06 AM by Chaore »

Alraune now has her much-deserved Skillblock awakening. Wednesday dungeon is now in heaps of trouble every subsequent time I run it from today. (As if it wasn't already)

commandercool

• alter cool
Ruka buff go. Keep hangin' in there Ruka, I haven't pulled Andromeda yet. Although your lack of skillboost is starting to become a real thorn in my side. You don't get no respect.

Kali skillups are a thing. Well, guess I gotta get a consistent farming team online. I think it might just be my normal team with an Lmeta friend instead of Idunn. That gives me enough skillboosts to use Valkyrie on the first floor, as well as redundancy in a second major color that I can hopefully just clear the first wave with a mass attack from if my first floor orbs are crazy. Then I have to deal with the fact that I'm going to drop ten Devilits to every Angelit and that I'll have to sacrifice ten Angelits to my -10 initial feed count curse twice, but whatever... At that rate that's only 38,500 stamina. :derp:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Zeus Dios is an ass.
That is all.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
well after three attempts with BeelzeLuBu and three runs where Siegfried was on a 1 turn counter (thus binding Persephone for ten turns)

One true dog gave me enough light attack to OH even without gravities. Also going in with an unbindable fire mob only for Siegfried to spawn on a 3 timer (and get OH by x25 anyway).

Morale of story: 2x light attack on 12 turns is a lot better than 2x light attack on 15 turns
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:31:02 PM by Fast Fanatic »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
yeah because an orb changer+time extend is so useless... right.................

It takes away light, which makes it impossible to activate the x36 on the turn you use it, it also takes away hearts, so you can't even use it as an emergency healing tool.

So yeah, effectively useless on a Gran Sonia team.

And also the first Descend Boss of 2015 is Diagoldos not Sonia Gran.

Oh :derp: my bad.

[10:28] <Chirei> holy shit its the spirit of mufasa
[10:30] <Chirei> at least now we know he went to heaven when he died

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Blue god/healer with a sick motherfuckin' active

My two U&Ys want Haniel yesterday
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:07:00 PM by Edible »

meanwhile physicals are left out of the fun once again

Edible

It's the price you pay for actually having a good bubblie

Plus, physical has ULTRA HYPER AMBERJACK

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
It's the price you pay for actually having a good bubblie

Plus, physical has ULTRA HYPER AMBERJACK

Also, healers got rekt in Chinese ults. I remember people thinking that Meimei was going to be healer.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
This is a weird question and possibly unanswerable, but what is playing a physical team like? Is it sort of like playing Athena, where you use a combination of sweeping and tanking do that you don't have to heal? Or do you still stall with actives and awakenings or something?

I've never played a physical or balanced team. I think I know what balanced would be like, but physicals remain the biggest enigma to me.

With Isis it's not too bad since her RCV is pretty good

For other physical teams, there's a few ways to get by.

One of them is to load up on Bodins since now only do they have amazing RCV but also grant you tons of rows and skill boosts so it's good all around. Further more if you lead with Bonias you get additional RCV and the actives to pump out those rows. The downside of course is this kind of team is pretty much impossible to get for a non super whale >_>

Another is to have a heartbreaker like Megalodran. Heart breaking skills give you both the ability to heal and the ability to deal damage when used in combination with Siegfried. With this kind of team though you have a lot of farmables and thus really shitty awakenings.

Finally you can play a sweeping team that has no intention of healing anyways, like Goemon or Buster Sieg. Which are also pretty outdated.

Yeah the biggest problem with physicals is really there aren't many good ones. Either you need to load up on super hard to get 6 stars like bodin or you're forced to use unoptimal farmable stuff like sieg. It's biggest strength is Bubblie, which is still a farmable mob with terrible stats. Meanwhile everyone else has upgrade options that are really fucking good. Devils have Lubu, Healers have SQ, Attackers have GZL, and balanced has uh... okay they suck too :V

It's changing a bit with new stuff like Skuld and Muse, but on the other hand since Muse boosts God types instead of Physical you might as well just run Gods
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:07:47 PM by Suikama »

MatsuriSakuragi

So I just realized something.

Consider this team:
Grand Sonia/Grand Sonia/Grand Sonia/filler color dragon/filler color dragon/Grand Sonia

This would mean:
80% skill bind proof
+2 seconds for matching at all times
80% chance ALL COLOR ORBS will be enhanced BY DEFAULT
8 skill boosts

if you make the filler dragons Ult Starling and DKali:

80% enhance chance on Fire, Wood, Dark, and Light, 100% chance for water
+3 seconds for matching
11 skill boosts (which means a skillmaxed Puzzle & Dragons will be ready right away), AND YOU GET FOUR OF THEM
80% skill bind proof

tl;dr: GET THREE GRAND SONIA

yeah could say she's pretty-

Grand BV

oh god why it's gotten me too run before it's too la

You can also sub Grand Sonias with Defords if they end up being ridiculously hard to farm. I imagine there will be at least a super Zaerog as one of her evo mats.

Like I heard this descend will be the hardest in the game. Maybe harder than challenge 10???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:15:22 PM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

Apparently, it was implied that the form we know Grand Sonia by is actually her ultimate evo which makes sense when you consider that she's 8 star rarity.

It was also said that Grand Sonia is the hardest Descend in the Game, not specifically the hardest dungeon, but the hardest descended.

And I wouldn't be surprised if her uvo mats were like "D/D Zaerog / W/D Zaerog / F/D Zaerog / Evo'd Defour / whatever", everything considered.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:38:54 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Watch them make up an entire series of monsters that require every single other descend boss in the game to get, just to act as the materials for Grand Sonia

Kinda like how there's the butterfly dragon that pretty much exists to evolve Starling

Mr. Sacchi

Watch them make up an entire series of monsters that require every single other descend boss in the game to get, just to act as the materials for Grand Sonia

Kinda like how there's the butterfly dragon that pretty much exists to evolve Starling

Now watch as she actually requires the final possible form(s) for literally every other dragon-type monster in the game.

Yes, even the REM exclusives. :V

and watch as we discover that she's actually complete garbage before you uvo her.

commandercool

• alter cool
I just died to the red pirate dragon and I don't know how. Admittedly I wasn't paying much attention and went off on him before my actives were optimal, but a 6x attack, four combo, super effective, two row (with seven enhances) attack brought him to just under 50%. He's only supposed to have 2 million health, right? What just happened?

On an unrelated note, how do you guys think White Sonia compares to White Kali? If that form is Sonia's uvo then it's not a totally fair comparison, but I'm curious.

Edible

Hard mode evo requirements for grand sonia:

Pirate Zaerog, Samurai Zaerog, Light Fagan, Dark Fagan, Draggie (it's rainbow!)

Less hard mode evo requirements:

Zaerog, Wangren, Beyzul, Threedia, Defoud (it's rainbow AND sequential!)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!

That...Does not actually sound unreasonable, IMO.  The second one.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
That...Does not actually sound unreasonable, IMO.  The second one.

Too easy :v but it can be like, the first or 2nd stage evo mat assuming it's not just 7 star out of the descend and then uevo.

It is also said you will fight dragons and dragon callers in the descend.
Geez, I wonder who that can be :V

Finally a place where we can punch Ronia in the face :derp:

More like there will be a new Dragon Fivesomething which needs Zaerog, Wangren, Beyzul, Threedia, Defoud to make, and then it's just ONE of the evo mats for Sonia Grande :V

*Armored Knight Carnival*
[Duration]: 1/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/29 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)
Those who adorn the armor of justice step forth to protect? and entertain! The Armored Knights are unique combatants adept at increasing the strength of the type of team they fight for.
Monsters in this lineup are featured at 3x rates, and arrive at Lv. 30. There are fifteen featured monsters in all!
Also with the introduction of this Carnival, there is now a permanent decrease in probability for select 3★ and 4★ Rare Egg Machine monsters such ?Naga? and ?Siren?.
See the lineup below:
5 ★
1649 Red Knight, Nim (NEW)
1651 Blue Knight, Muse (NEW)
1653 Green Knight, Delgado (NEW)
1655 Holy Knight, Arcline (NEW)
1657 Evil Knight, Creuse (NEW)
1614 Fire Wizard, Laila
1616 Water Wizard, Sharon
1618 Wood Wizard, Leeza
1620 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1624 Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester
4 ★
1502 Fire Dragon Swordsman
1504 Water Dragon Swordsman
1506 Shining Dragon Swordsman
Monsters with decreased probabilities in the Rare Egg Machine are listed below:
★4
89 Echidna
91 Siren
93 Mandrake
95 Angel
97 Lilith
★3
88 Naga
90 Mermaid
92 Dryad
94 Cupid
96 Succubus
Knights AND reduced healer girls?

my body is fucking ready

Chaore

tbh I'm going to bet almost by default you're going to need a better team than grand sonia to get grand sonia :v

She's still aethestically amazing though, seriously.

My guess is it will be just absolutely loaded with gimmicks. Like skill locks, preemptive binds, leader swaps, bosses you have to stall, bosses you have to burst, pretty much every gimmick at the same time.

Chaore

My guess is it will be just absolutely loaded with gimmicks. Like skill locks, preemptive binds, leader swaps, bosses you have to stall, bosses you have to burst, pretty much every gimmick at the same time.

I'm expecting bullshit.

Like, pre-emptive 100% gravity bullshit.

100% gravity isn't actually too bad since all you need is 1 resist awakening to survive it :V

Also double awoken teams would reduce it to just 25%

commandercool

• alter cool
100% gravity isn't actually too bad since all you need is 1 resist awakening to survive it :V

Also double awoken teams would reduce it to just 25%

Fine, 105% gravity.:v

I'm expecting something less rough than challenge ten. Don't know how much less, but not impossible.