Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons forever 17 - Star Vault Didn't Go So Well: I Was Nonplussed  (Read 147882 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because then you will be a whale and will be devoured by the Japanese.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to even gods like Reine (above).  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a God).  Great starters include any of the Chinese Gods, Ares, Bastet, Isis, Idunn & Idunna, Lu Bu, Zhuge Liang, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Sonia, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MoTK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends:

Edible: 328,945,274
hyorinryu: 357.646.299
Suikama: 348.941.282
SuikamaEX: 396.277.239
Soichiro: 389,177,249
triangles: 322.456.235
Nobu: 389,151,231
Arashi: 361,443,282
Chaore: 344,844,286
Ghaleon: 374,256,217
Labuto: 362,441,209
omgkitties: 301,354,227
Twillsky: 320,059,211
O4rfish: 389,956,257
Mode: 384,458,286
Arcorann: 326,368,215
Yukarin: 394.177.213
Jq1790: 396,049,294
Pesco: 328 276 294
MJP: 370,479,279
Dibble: 314,673,283
Matsuri: 358,689,277
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297
rdj: 338,277,280
Chirei: 326,404,383
En: 351,629,319
commandercool: 312,728,337
Aoshi: 398,822,333
Bonkeror (Conqueror): 331,616,320
Lem: 386.230.369
Espadas: 367,032,362
EspadasEX: 301,335,377
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268
Dorakyura: 347,957,300
MewMewHeart: 310,157,312
Bio: 336,681,244

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI

Star Vault Didn't Go So Well: I Was Nonplussed

Did you know the number dragons are really bad at Oregon Trail? They keep trying to Defoud the rivers.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to even gods like Reine (above).

:V :V :colonveeplusalpha:

Edible

Did you know the number dragons are really bad at Oregon Trail? They keep trying to Defoud the rivers.

You kali that a pun?  You should take a brachy while you're behind; I'm afreyja might hurt yourself.

You kali that a pun?  You should take a brachy while you're behind; I'm afreyja might hurt yourself.

It's not so tyrrable, you're just jealous. Though, if it plesios you, idunn.

:V

Edible

It's not so tyrrable, you're just jealous. Though, if it plesios you, idunn.

:V

Idunna either.  Sigh... Anubis would happen.  It Sonia joke. :(

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
I've never Meta a larger bunch of jokers.  Kraken me up over here.
These puns are pterrable.

Idunna either.  Sigh... Anubis would happen.  It Sonia joke. :(

I'm not pulling my heraut over it, I just think the first one should be better plessieved. Zeusee?

These puns are pterrable.

You come up with some betel geukes, then. :(

Oh yeah if anyone on my friends list wants free pal points, put up your luci cause I'll be farming Blue masks all day for dat skill up change tomorrow

pun train stops here :V

Edible

Oh yeah if anyone on my friends list wants free pal points, put up your luci cause I'll be farming Blue masks all day for dat skill up change tomorrow

I did the same thing yesterday for gold keeper.  I have something like 8 saved up now, which means I'll probably get exactly zero apoc skillups.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig

I'm assuming he needs to be awawkened, right? There's no way for you to use Perseus, right?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
Jesus, alt dungeon Dublits are horrifying. I just failed to crack one with three two-prongs. Fortunately I had GZL's active for backup, but that was scary. They always seem to spawn on two turn timers too. That's just unfair.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jesus, alt dungeon Dublits are horrifying. I just failed to crack one with three two-prongs. Fortunately I had GZL's active for backup, but that was scary. They always seem to spawn on two turn timers too. That's just unfair.

Welcome to the single biggest reason as to why this rotation is probably the worst.

MatsuriSakuragi

I just got wrecked by a dub-amelit, myself, on a 2cd timer. Nothing worked and I didn't have any fire orbs for that ONE HP it had left.

Also, a reminder that you shouldn't feed into the alt skillups just yet-- wait for skillup x2. D: (And then I'll be farming trifruits as hard as I can tomorrow to get blue AND red fruits)

ALSO

So I wanted to see if I still was any good at Kirin and see if her damage still holds a candle to my Athena team (it doesn't), but then:

bless kirin gravities

Edible

If you want omega hyper kirin damage, go phys kirin with a king bubblie for maximum lol.

MatsuriSakuragi

I used to. Then I realized that the standard for normal damage was hampered by Bubblie sucking at everything but its active skill, and decided to roll mono-light instead. Up until recently, I ran TAMApurin instead of Izanagi.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Up until recently, I ran TAMApurin instead of Izanagi.

Internally crying.

You know the best way to not get wrecked by Alt Dub-lits?
Stack enough HP to survive.
like with Beelzebub

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
So I think I might be starting to use Perseus as a lead instead of only as a sub now after messing around with him a bit.

Thanks to some advice from hyorinryu I've got a pretty good idea of what I wanna make it look like when I can, so it should be interesting seeing how it goes.  Got quite the bit of work ahead of me though for it...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Edible

I don't know why I can't s-rank starling, this is not a particularly difficult dungeon.

But I keep either screwing myself partway through the dungeon or I hit a-rank instead.

Jq1790

I don't know why I can't s-rank starling, this is not a particularly difficult dungeon.

But I keep either screwing myself partway through the dungeon or I hit a-rank instead.
Sort of like me with my tryin to clear it.  I keep slipping or messing up a combo/row/etc.  Just gotta keep going for it, y'know?  Fight!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
I shamefully failed to properly unleash the mei the first time i tried. :ohdear:

It happens.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
I used to. Then I realized that the standard for normal damage was hampered by Bubblie sucking at everything but its active skill, and decided to roll mono-light instead. Up until recently, I ran TAMApurin instead of Izanagi.

Yea, I forwent Shynee in my G/L bastet back then the moment I pulled a izanagi. King Slimes' poor stats just aren't worth the 3x active.

You know the best way to not get wrecked by Alt Dub-lits?

!!!
Infinite Spreadca-....

Stack enough HP to survive.

...oh.

The actual best way to beat alt dublits is to not get hit. True story.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
The actual best way to beat alt dublits is to not get hit. True story.

i think you mean

SHIVA

Edible

*two shivas

Edible

You could do it with one

But it would be a

Spoiler:
close shiva

Jq1790

You could do it with one

But it would be a

Spoiler:
close shiva
Bad puns AND doubleposting?  Banned.

commandercool

• alter cool
Oh hey, a guerrilla 2x skillup event. Now I can get rid of those seven Athenas I collected Monday.

0/7

Fucking christ. It's not even that I get especially terrible numbers for my skillup projects, I usually come in at or even slightly below 1/5. It's just that I never, ever get anything out of the first ten. It's like my guys start with negative ten feeds and I have to dig them out of the hole before I can start. I shouldn't complain, it always works out okay in the end, but man... Demoralizing.

On a more positive (?) note, I've been consistently bombarded by Dub-Amelits in Aither Desert but I've managed to take them all out and they all dropped, so this is an okay source of them weirdly as long as this keeps up. No Pii sightings, no +eggs, not even any Pengrda drops any more (zero in the last six runs, anyway), but I guess I'll take this. Although I haven't had an Athena come online in half an hour, so my run might be cut short which is not great because I don't want to buy Aither Desert again. Skillups for Kali would be great, but I don't want to have to deal with the fire guys resisting my wood guys any more than I have to.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

You could do it with one

But it would be a

Spoiler:
close shiva

You're just droidragon this thread through the mud now; let's get it singing a different neptune. :V

Bio

• resident walker
I went to bed hoping the puns would clear up when I awoke but it looks you guys are dedicated to making this the most sigh worthy thread of all.