Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 134084 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
sucks for anyone who needs badpy because ahahahahaha

also oh baby dat hera

The 2nd Challenge Dungeon reverses the order so Badpy is first.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Challenge dungeons, huh?

1 - 3: anything
4: Lucifer
5: Lucifer with bind clear
6: Izanami Descended
7: Lucifer

And I think that's about where my limit is because twinlits on floor 1 of stage 8 is hahahahahaha

MatsuriSakuragi

...how on earth are you supposed to do the challenge dungeon with the ancient masks and still beat hard hitting bosses with millions of HP

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Worst case scenario, I think you can stone these. I am not sure on that one. I personally probably won't make it past 5, but I don't really need Pys specifically right now.

Unless the rules are different between Level 10 and the others, you can stone them, so don't feel too bad if you have to pop a stone on level 5 since you get one from beating levels 1~3 anyway.

Since level 5 is B/D vamp duke that means my monored probably won't be able to deal with him, so I'll probably have to bring out either the LMeta or the Horus teams.

I hope I don't have to throw too many stones at the screen :ohdear:

Bluh I want Bubpy but level 7 looks impossible for mebecause i have to fight isis noo i cant do it ;-;

Thoth and Sop are the actual hardest part though like arg wtf. With Isis Ra you can burst down the Blue mask + Ra active to kill the green and Ra active also kills himself. General burst beats Cleo and Isis, but Thoth and Sop are just ???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:40:56 PM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

Thoth and Sop are the actual hardest part though like arg wtf. With Isis Ra you can burst down the Blue mask + Ra active to kill the green and Ra active also kills himself. General burst beats Cleo and Isis, but Thoth and Sop are just ???

Since you have to kill both, you either get lucky with your skyfalls and get a 5 orb match somewhere, or bring echidna or something to delay sopdet while you destroy thoth, then kill sopdet before she revives him.

That's what I can think of, tbh

What I'll probably end up doing is 3grav + Grape Dragon; that'll be enough to take down Cleopatra, the hearts will let me heal up for the masks and then just fight them as normal, and Sopdet constantly makes hearts so I shouldn't (question mark?) have too many problems there. Then again, they're a little stronger than their Mythical selves, so I may be overestimating myself. Plus if Thoth manages to bind both Lucis I'm not making it out of there.

Blah maybe I should just wait until I have God Isis then I can just Two Prong em to death

Although Challenge Dungeons seem to change every time so fuck

Mr. Sacchi

Which reminds me: Have the armored knights ever been part of a godfest in JP?

Which reminds me: Have the armored knights ever been part of a godfest in JP?

They are like Wizards/Riders/Ninjas, a special set of powerful gold egg subs and instead get Carnivals (apparently JP got a carnival for them upon release like how we did for the Wizards so ????)

Also re Level 7 aka Egypt level, I think T&S are actually the easiest part, because you get hearts every turn, and a lot of them. If you have enough HP to take a hit from both of them above critical levels, you should be able to do it. The hard part for me is Ra because it is literally impossible to defeat him in four turns unless I bring Bane.

You actually get 5 turns, so you need to deal 10 damage per turn

Oh dang,  you do. I can attack priority guize

I guess it'll be my normal team again??? I'll find out when I get there, I guess.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Lv6.... not you again  :fail:

Don't even know if i will reach her and i already hate that stage....

Perseus UVO
New Awakenings: Skill Block, Skill Boost, Finger

I read this while at work this morning.... i almost burst out laughing in front of my boss  :D

EDIT: urgh, finally got Hera-Sowilo. 5 runs to drop her.... and not a single invade  :qq:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:12:00 PM by Espadas »

commandercool

• alter cool
Is this a viable Athena team?

Athena/Verche/Apollo/Perseus/GZL/Athena

I'm realizing that I really don't have solid subs for GZL, so I think I'm going to focus on the Athena team first. Really wish Michael was a better fit, but he changes away light orbs so he doesn't quite work. Would also like to fit Ra in there for the extra finger (maybe replacing Apollo, at least until I can skill him up? I'd also be just a little worried about his active flooding the screen with too many light orbs and making prongs harder).

Since you have to kill both, you either get lucky with your skyfalls and get a 5 orb match somewhere, or bring echidna or something to delay sopdet while you destroy thoth, then kill sopdet before she revives him.

That's what I can think of, tbh
Also re Level 7 aka Egypt level, I think T&S are actually the easiest part, because you get hearts every turn, and a lot of them. If you have enough HP to take a hit from both of them above critical levels, you should be able to do it.

A team with a lot of recovery can live forever against T&S, so you can stall for dozens and dozens of turns and wait for the right time to take them both down with rows. You have to get a turn where the board is just perfect to both do the damage and hit the combo requirement and have a non-key sub bound, but theoretically you should have the time. Easier if you have a delay for Sopdet. But for a team with appropriate recovery they're one of the easier bosses.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Is this a viable Athena team?

Athena/Verche/Apollo/Perseus/GZL/Athena

If you're farming Alt. dungeons, swap Apollo out for Valk unless he is max skilled. Actually, maybe even then - still swap him out. You absolutely cannot afford to get caught with your pants down at any moment, so the 5 turn CD is crucial.

A team with a lot of recovery can live forever against T&S, so you can stall for dozens and dozens of turns and wait for the right time to take them both down with rows. You have to get a turn where the board is just perfect to both do the damage and hit the combo requirement and have a non-key sub bound, but theoretically you should have the time. Easier if you have a delay for Sopdet. But for a team with appropriate recovery they're one of the easier bosses.

My default farming team(tm) has over 3000 RCV and Angelion as the heartmaker + 1000 Autoheal + Ecchi, so for the most part it meets all those requirements and I am therefore not worried. My actual worry is everything else.

commandercool

• alter cool
If you're farming Alt. dungeons, swap Apollo out for Valk unless he is max skilled. Actually, maybe even then - still swap him out. You absolutely cannot afford to get caught with your pants down at any moment, so the 5 turn CD is crucial.

Fair enough. I think my Valkyrie is still a little off from maxed, but Poring Tower is back soon, so whatever. And she'll even be getting God typing soon enough, so I can just make sure to grab two Extreme Kings from their dungeon.

My default farming team(tm) has over 3000 RCV and Angelion as the heartmaker + 1000 Autoheal + Ecchi, so for the most part it meets all those requirements and I am therefore not worried. My actual worry is everything else.

The bind resist on Angelion means that eventually Thoth will aim for it and miss, meaning you should be able to burst even more easily assuming your orbs aren't terrible because you'll have your whole team to attack with. Should work, I would hope. But yeah, everything else super scary. I'm not that scared of Ra since I have a monocolor team with orbchangers (although two of my guys don't have sub-elements, so I would need to hit both of my colors all the time), but it's still a real mess.

MatsuriSakuragi

My current alt farming team is:

Athena/Verche (max skill)/Apollo (skill 3?)/Thor/GOdin/Athena.

It is indeed bad to be caught with no light orbs, but do also remember that doing green TPA will also wipe out most scrubs too. Not always, but you have a chance. I don't have a max skill Valk so Apollo does just fine and I can't say I've ever needed him before the boss, dublits aside (I use Verche on mini-bosses). Though I will make a note that Apollo sometimes actually makes doing TPA harder because sometimes you'll end up with too many orbs on the screen at once. Not that it's that big of a deal, because even then, an Athena enhancement + Thor's light enhancement works quite well enough to OHKO some bosses. Especially Thanatos right now.

The nice thing about TPA is it's a bonus rather than a requirement, so if you can't get 4 orbs exactly you can still hit hard, whereas if it was a leader skill you'd be screwed *coughallhighcomboandhpbasedleaderscough*

The bind resist on Angelion means that eventually Thoth will aim for it and miss, meaning you should be able to burst even more easily assuming your orbs aren't terrible because you'll have your whole team to attack with. Should work, I would hope. But yeah, everything else super scary. I'm not that scared of Ra since I have a monocolor team with orbchangers (although two of my guys don't have sub-elements, so I would need to hit both of my colors all the time), but it's still a real mess.

My default team consists of (old screenshot)

Alraune may also resist binds and removes them (and Thoth has repeatedly tried to bind her on Legend and failed.), so I can pretty much just bat an eyelash at Thoth's bind move. I also don't run HP-modifying leaders so even if one gets bound all I have to do is ride it out in the worst case scenario. Everyone on the team is also max skilled except Bastet, who has one skillup.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:28:20 PM by OverlordChirei »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

this must be what it feels like to have power

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
No one cares about Perseus? He has two skill boosts AND two skill resists. Now with just one skill-resist, which you can get in guys like Micheal, Kushinada or even Kano. You'll have your most spammable orb-changers up(and then some more likely) and 100% skill-resistance. The time bonus is icing on the cake. Surely that's worth talking about. At least you can speculate what Pano will get based off of it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

no one cares because eventually pandora will get the same buff and she'll become the ultimate waifu :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
It's nice but the deal with perseus was always his subs tbh iirc

commandercool

• alter cool
No one cares about Perseus? He has two skill boosts AND two skill resists. Now with just one skill-resist, which you can get in guys like Micheal, Kushinada or even Kano. You'll have your most spammable orb-changers up(and then some more likely) and 100% skill-resistance. The time bonus is icing on the cake. Surely that's worth talking about. At least you can speculate what Pano will get based off of it.

I caaaare. He went from "What will I do with this?" to "Oh yeah, he could go on Athena the whole time". And I've already got Michael and Kano as well. Too bad he's such a bastard to skill up or I would strongly consider using him as a leader.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I caaaare. He went from "What will I do with this?" to "Oh yeah, he could go on Athena the whole time". And I've already got Michael and Kano as well. Too bad he's such a bastard to skill up or I would strongly consider using him as a leader.

I don' t he needs to be skilled up that badly tbh. It'd be nice yeah, and it would help a lot but with the amount skill boosts people like to run, I think Perseus can live unskilled.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
I'm not clear on how "no recovery" dungeons work. Is it just that there are no heart orbs that appear naturally, or can you actually not recover through any means? Basically, do you think a full-on stall team with loads of heartmakers stands a chance on floor six? As usual for slow teams the oni would be the hard part, but I might be able to handle them with Noah+gravity and maybe a stone or two for the second one. Or maybe it's just a terrible idea, but it's possibly the best I got. I could try the spikiest healer team I can put together (although I think that would involve Kushi and I still don't know anyone with a uvo one) and throw stones at the wall too, but that would be p-a-i-n-f-u-l.

I don' t he needs to be skilled up that badly tbh. It'd be nice yeah, and it would help a lot but with the amount skill boosts people like to run, I think Perseus can live unskilled.

As a sub I agree, but on a Perseus team wouldn't you pretty much need all skillmaxed orbachangers, or as close to max as you can get? Seems like running out of steam in a Mythical dungeon would just insta-kill you.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I'm not clear on how "no recovery" dungeons work. Is it just that there are no heart orbs that appear naturally, or can you actually not recover through any means? Basically, do you think a full-on stall team with loads of heartmakers stands a chance on floor six? As usual for slow teams the oni would be the hard part, but I might be able to handle them with Noah+gravity and maybe a stone or two for the second one. Or maybe it's just a terrible idea, but it's possibly the best I got. I could try the spikiest healer team I can put together (although I think that would involve Kushi and I still don't know anyone with a uvo one) and throw stones at the wall too, but that would be p-a-i-n-f-u-l.

As a sub I agree, but on a Perseus team wouldn't you pretty much need all skillmaxed orbachangers, or as close to max as you can get? Seems like running out of steam in a Mythical dungeon would just insta-kill you.

Eh. A lot of the new ones don't quite instakill you(they find other sources of BS instead. If you're careful, you can get by with 2-3 orbchangers. Honestly I then being max-skllled would be more important as a sub.

No-RCV means no heart drops. That's it. Heartmakers and other sources of healing are fair game. Idk how leveled your green stuff is, but Perseus, might be worth a look for you for deal with No=RCV stuff.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
Eh. A lot of the new ones don't quite instakill you(they find other sources of BS instead. If you're careful, you can get by with 2-3 orbchangers. Honestly I then being max-skllled would be more important as a sub.

No-RCV means no heart drops. That's it. Heartmakers and other sources of healing are fair game. Idk how leveled your green stuff is, but Perseus, might be worth a look for you for deal with No=RCV stuff.

My Perseus has never been touched. Honestly he's probably never even been looked at. I pulled him and kind of forgot about him until a couple days ago. None of my stuff is leveled at all except blue healers, so whatever I use to clear it it pretty much has to be blue healers (or Noah I guess, who's level ~80 for my Legendary Seaway team). I finished completely leveling everyone a few hours ago though, so starting with tonight's King Carnival I can finally begin to work hard on a second team with my full attention.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
WANT.

SO BADLY.