Author Topic: Puzzles and Dragons 12: Magic Stones and Loathing in Las Dungons  (Read 141144 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Re: Puzzles and Dragons 12: Magic Stones and Loathing in Las Dungons
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
Ok i REAAALLY need to stop posting in the middle of the night and get some sleep..... I THOUGHT i rolled a Great Valkyrie and instead this morning i discovered it was a Messenger of God, Archangel  :V

Anyway, this is my ID if anyone can add it to the first post: 367,032,362

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
Messenger of God, Archangel  :V
She's terrible :V

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
Messenger of God, Archangel  :V

If you feel like going trance-mode, then you can just wait to pull a god later. She can probably render you invincible for most of the early game if you snagged tamas to awaken her.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »
Espadas, find someone with the Wood element Odin, and you'll be more than set for several dungeons with Archangel's autoheal.  By the time you'd have real issues you should have had more than enough time to pull some kind of good god or something from the REM, so I wouldn't worry too much.

You never know, you might actually turn out to be one of those people with insane luck later on and get all sorts of stuff!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 05:24:03 PM »
I should also point out that starting tomorrow there will be a magic stone handed out each day for seven days. If you're feeling lucky, go for it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
Crap, surprise Gaia tomorrow. Since I pulled Michael my green attacker team is coming together even more, but I don't have the resources to attempt Gaia right now and won't by then. I suppose the team's still a long way from seeing actual play though, so she'll likely be back before it matters.

Happy to see another 2x skillup event right away though. Gabe is almost done and I didn't want to have to sit on a bunch of Cockatrices forever. I've got seven maxed out Cockatrices (and fifteen more after that if I need them) and seven Saphilits, so hopefully I can get enough masks from the Wednesday dungeon to get that last skillup tomorrow.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »
Gabe is almost done and I didn't want to have to sit on a bunch of Cockatrices forever. I've got seven maxed out Cockatrices (and fifteen more after that if I need them) and seven Saphilits, so hopefully I can get enough masks from the Wednesday dungeon to get that last skillup tomorrow.

... still sitting on 53 unevolved Cockatrices in my vain attempts to skill two Gabriels.
He's far too attractive, it's making me waste box space for favoritism.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
... still sitting on 53 unevolved Cockatrices in my vain attempts to skill two Gabriels.
He's far too attractive, it's making me waste box space for favoritism.

He so pretty. If I had GabeTwins for some reason I would probably be in the same position.

Do you think you're gonna make it? How many skillups do you have without tapping the reserve?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
Crap, surprise Gaia tomorrow. Since I pulled Michael my green attacker team is coming together even more, but I don't have the resources to attempt Gaia right now and won't by then. I suppose the team's still a long way from seeing actual play though, so she'll likely be back before it matters.

If you're willing to spend resouces, a team to beat Gaia isn't hard to get at all.
I pretty much did it with Fire Fairy, Fire swordsman, Titan, FireOrge, Echidna, Fire Fairy.
Some points to note are wave 3 you're doomed if you get it down to 50% health as you can't touch it when it's water so save your fire orbs and kill it quick in a burst, wave 5 she makes heart for your titan on your first attack and her fire bind isn't too scary since she gives you enough turns to wait it out. Gaia herself is easiest, learn her attack pattern and save heart orbs when she'll do % damage and waiting out the 5 turns will be easy, then use echidna and all your skills, she'd go down quick.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:01 PM »
If you're willing to spend resouces, a team to beat Gaia isn't hard to get at all.
I pretty much did it with Fire Fairy, Fire swordsman, Titan, FireOrge, Echidna, Fire Fairy.
Some points to note are wave 3 you're doomed if you get it down to 50% health as you can't touch it when it's water so save your fire orbs and kill it quick in a burst, wave 5 she makes heart for your titan on your first attack and her fire bind isn't too scary since she gives you enough turns to wait it out. Gaia herself is easiest, learn her attack pattern and save heart orbs when she'll do % damage and waiting out the 5 turns will be easy, then use echidna and all your skills, she'd go down quick.

I tried to do it with Asuka/Firewood Ogre/Rowdy Samurai Goblin/King Flamie/King Flamie/Asuka last time and couldn't pull it off. I think I really need two of the goblin instead of two of King Flamie, and my goblin still isn't even close to skillmaxed despite some ludicrous number of skillup attempts. And I evolved my max Asuka and my second one is level five right now. I don't have the fire fairy or that would be my preferred leader.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
She's terrible :V

IDK, HH Archangel is alright. Plus, her in conjunction with a Grodin friend leader renders you pretty much invulnerable to dungeons like Keeper of the Rainbow if you don't mind spending an eternity to actually kill the boss. And Archangel can carry the very early game with the autoheal. Of course once you roll better leaders you want to replace her ASAP, but it's not exactly the worst.

Anyway, tried 3rd time to pull Muracolle, I get Sleeping Beauty this time. Oh well, rainbow balance team inbound?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »
Thoth and Sopdet inbound for North America on 9/20

Ready your Bastets

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2014, 03:11:52 AM »
My bastets is ready

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2014, 04:21:07 AM »
Oh shit, Scarlet Snake Princess incoming, but only for three days? If I did the math right that means on average and assuming that I go in with full stamina already I should get seven Nagas. That's... Not very good. At least they don't have to be evolved. And maybe there'll be 1.5x and 2x drop times?

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 04:25:37 AM »
Oh shit, Scarlet Snake Princess incoming, but only for three days? If I did the math right that means on average and assuming that I go in with full stamina already I should get seven Nagas. That's... Not very good. At least they don't have to be evolved. And maybe there'll be 1.5x and 2x drop times?

Edit: My bad, three days, I can't read timezones, but 2x is still very likely.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:40:38 AM by OverlordChirei »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:47 AM »
I'm also not accounting for the rare appearance Nagas on the non-boss floors in my math, so maybe between those and double drops and maybe a rank-up I can get some work done. I got a lucky skillup on my Echidna last week from a random pal machine Naga, so I don't need the full six. Could be doable. And getting pretty close would help a lot.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 05:10:54 AM »
guess i'll be doing scarlet snake princess again

maybe, just MAYBE i can make echidna useful

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 05:42:44 AM »
I tried to do it with Asuka/Firewood Ogre/Rowdy Samurai Goblin/King Flamie/King Flamie/Asuka last time and couldn't pull it off. I think I really need two of the goblin instead of two of King Flamie, and my goblin still isn't even close to skillmaxed despite some ludicrous number of skillup attempts. And I evolved my max Asuka and my second one is level five right now. I don't have the fire fairy or that would be my preferred leader.

I think you're right, seems like you team heavily lacks orb changers which can compensate the lack of burst power from asuka.
They've put Red Fairy in the PAL egg machine in JP for a while now, so not sure when they'll do that in US but when they do hopefully you'd get one, or hope you get lucky in biweekly dungeons. Having two extra orb changers as leaders helps a lot for a weak team like this.

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 06:02:25 AM »
i am ready for SSP

100 stam ready

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »
i am ready for SSP

100 stam ready

It doesn't even start for 3 days :v

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140910_ice.html

Ice Candy x Pazudora collab.

That TAMADRA pouch is cute!

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »
I should also point out that starting tomorrow there will be a magic stone handed out each day for seven days. If you're feeling lucky, go for it.
Make that 12.

Srz, the upcoming Descended dungeons is getting me hyped. I can't wait for my first Hera.
And I might get Goemon and build a x10 Fire Team.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
So I forgot this dungeon has no Heart Orbs.

0-stone it anyway

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
I think you're right, seems like you team heavily lacks orb changers which can compensate the lack of burst power from asuka.
They've put Red Fairy in the PAL egg machine in JP for a while now, so not sure when they'll do that in US but when they do hopefully you'd get one, or hope you get lucky in biweekly dungeons. Having two extra orb changers as leaders helps a lot for a weak team like this.

Now that I look at it, isn't Sweaty Dog from Weird Dog Collab a pretty great Gaia lead? 2.5x attack just like the fairy, and also a relevant active that could help a lot with basically everything.

Also I'm just now remembering that I didn't use an ogre on that team, I used an Echidna. Not that it really makes a difference.

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
It doesn't even start for 3 days :v

thats how ready i am :V

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
So I forgot this dungeon has no Heart Orbs.

0-stone it anyway

Luckyyyyyy

I no-stoned it today as well with Kirin. I was scared I couldn't do it but I was victorious. No drops though-- though I got the stone and a rank up o/

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »
I no-stoned it today as well with Kirin. I was scared I couldn't do it but I was victorious. No drops though-- though I got the stone and a rank up \o/

I had to sit at the team screen for about 30 minutes before I realized ecchi was overrated and rolled out with Archangel and Alraune, allowing me to stall a little for Angelion. Holding three hearts at the bottom for emergencies at all times, I was more or less fine. Nirai Kanai went down in one 7star which I didn't expect, but I'm probably underselling myself and Leilan masterrace again.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2014, 05:22:56 PM »
So I tried my team with Gabriel for the first time. The power difference is crazy. Although this brings up the point of Ruka, who I was planning to use when she becomes available next. Does she actually add anything to my team at this point?

For the record, this is my current team:
Blue Valkyrie
Siren
Gabriel
Echidna
King Shynee

So any more blue healers will be replacing Echidna, who is still doing a lot of work for the team. Ruka adds another row, which is very good, but does another orb changer do anything for me? Would just having the row and the additional blue body be worth dropping Echidna for? The ultimate goal is to get a Sun Quan, but since that could happen at any time or not I can't really plan on it.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
If you pair with Sun Quan as a friend, you can probably drop Shynee. If you pair with another Blue Valkyrie, you need more hearts than with just one, so dropping Echidna for Ruka would be viable. If you go with I&I, you venture into row enhance territory if you can get Ruka in there - possibly dropping Shynee. You can use Echidna to get the most out of I&I's three turn enhance, in a sense.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2014, 07:03:56 PM »
I typically use I&I, since I don't have enough HP and +s to really take hits otherwise. I didn't consider dropping Shynee, but I suppose that makes sense. I almost never use I&I's active with Shynee on board, but that should work.