Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 2 : Chinese God Edition  (Read 146821 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Puzzle & Dragons 2 : Chinese God Edition
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »

First Thread

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained occasionally as rewards in-game), which allow increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to mighty dragons  to even gods like Idunn and Idunna (2nd picture.)  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare, like a 5-star beastie or a god.  Great starters include Ancient/Chaos Dragon Knight, Isis, Horus, Great Valkyrie, Amaterasu, Bastet, Odin, and plenty of others.  Feel free to ask!

I was thinking that we could add list of people too. Sort of how we do in the DotA and LoL topics. What do you guys think?

List of people:

hyorinryu 357.646.299
Suikama 348.941.282
Soichiro W. 301,943,298
triangles 322.456.235
Nobu 389,151,231
Arashi 361, 443, 282
Chaore 344, 844, 286
Ghaleon 374, 256, 217
Labuto 362,441,209
omgkitties 301,354,227
Twillsky 320,059,211
O4rfish 389,956,257
Mode 384,458,286
Arcorann 326,268,215
Yukarin: 362.560.253
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:32:51 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Puzzle and Dragons II : Chinese Gods Incoming
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
hyorinryu: Please don't use wikia to host images if possible - reupload it to imgur or something like that.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Puzzle and Dragons II : Chinese Gods Incoming
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »
hyorinryu: Please don't use wikia to host images if possible - reupload it to imgur or something like that.

Done. Sorry about that, it's been a while since I've posted images here. I did so almost right after I made it. I've been looking over it for while now actually. I keep thinking I forgot something.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Re: Puzzle & Dragons II : Chinese Gods Incoming
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »
I was thinking that we could add list of people too. Sort of how we do in the DotA and LoL topics. What do you guys think?
Isis bros represent

348 941 282

also just wasted 2 stones because i'm dumb aaaa

also like 5 runs of Echidna and no drops ;-;

i thought expert had a 40% drop rate what is this shit nevermind it's 5% :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:23:05 PM by Suikama »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
Ran Scarlet Snake 8 times, 3 drops, 0 skilups. u_u

As for the Chinese gods, all of them are more difficult to activate than Horus, with Kirin a little easier to activate than Ra. Here's a chart:

The order is Isis, Horus, mono-party, Chinese Gods, Kirin, Ra and the top is with hearts and the bottom without. Probability is of having the necessary board to activate leader skills, which doesn't factor in orb changers, player skill and the like. I'm guessing it also doesn't factor in situations where you're getting screwed by heart orbs due to matching colors so often either.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »
The plus side of doing all this fr.war dragon

I have a lot of money.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
Ran Scarlet Snake 8 times, 3 drops, 0 skilups. u_u

As for the Chinese gods, all of them are more difficult to activate than Horus, with Kirin a little easier to activate than Ra. Here's a chart:

The order is Isis, Horus, mono-party, Chinese Gods, Kirin, Ra and the top is with hearts and the bottom without. Probability is of having the necessary board to activate leader skills, which doesn't factor in orb changers, player skill and the like. I'm guessing it also doesn't factor in situations where you're getting screwed by heart orbs due to matching colors so often either.
Isssiiiiisssssssss

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 11:12:03 PM »
No need to sound stupid, but if I use Yomi that would put me in the Black Leaders thing? If so, then 301,943,298.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »
Oh we're listing leaders? Okay, other potential leaders I have are Gigas (for zombie teams), Fire Starter (for x2 fire atk, not ultimate evo'd yet), Water Starter (for x2 water atk, also not ultimate) and Uriel (for x2 fire HP, not evo'd yet). I also have Wood, Fire, Water resist leads but I don't really use them.

arg lost to Vespa cave's final dungeon final boss because I wasted RK's skill like an idiot
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:04:45 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 01:24:06 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it, when people run multiple teams, that's too much work. I think I'll just list the ID.

Anyway, I updated the list with everyone on my friends list, so I'm probably missing a few people.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:29:18 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »
>Was forgotten and abandoned. :w:

Anyways, did anyone notice that gold dragon dungeons have 7 rounds instead of 5?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »
>Was forgotten and abandoned. :w:

Anyways, did anyone notice that gold dragon dungeons have 7 rounds instead of 5?

I don't have your code. I only added people on my friends list. I'm also missing Mode and Edible too, though IIRC, Edible has a full list most of the time.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I think it's to make up for the fact that light guys only get their stuff once every 2 weeks and it's only one time. I can't help but wonder why light gets shat on so hard. I know Edible gave the "they aren't affected by rock-paper-scissors", but then why does Dark have it so much easier?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 01:47:30 AM »
Yeah, I don't remember gold dragon things having 7 rounds before...Anyway I have 21 regular gold metal dragons, along with a few kings, and several highs...I take back what I said about gold pendrags being questionably useful... I know I never got so many darn gold dragons last time we had this event lol.

But then again I now have enough stam to run it twice, AND I just so happened to level up after my 2nd run, so 4 runs. My bags are hurting so much though. I need gold pendrags noowww!

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
My code is 362,441,209.

Pretty sure they didnt have 7 rounds before, I even got another magic stone for clearing it, that means that its a whole new dungeon.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 01:52:14 AM »
My code is 362,441,209.

Pretty sure they didnt have 7 rounds before, I even got another magic stone for clearing it, that means that its a whole new dungeon.

Nah, it's definitely been here for a while. It just only comes bi-weekly. Maybe you've missed it all this time.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 02:06:09 AM »
I ment that the one with 7 rounds is a new dungeon, I definitely cleared the old one with 5 rounds and got it's stone.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 02:23:08 AM »
I ment that the one with 7 rounds is a new dungeon, I definitely cleared the old one with 5 rounds and got it's stone.

I dunno then. I just know that it's been 7 rounds since I started playing and started to keep track of gem dragon dungeons, which was about early to mid May.

Also, was anyone success in the Pyro Demon Naga dungeon. Using on Naga from there, and a one from the other fire dungeons, I got two skill ups. After that, I stopped getting Nagas, and around the 5th time or so, I decided to quit while I was ahead.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 02:28:20 AM »
Never got any from them, I have always got mine from the legendary dragon/sky dragon.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 2 : Chinese God Edition
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 02:45:58 AM »
Also I'm excite for the next god fest.

It has absolutely nothing I want in it so I don't spend money!

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 03:01:00 AM »
Only ama and viper apeal to me ight now, would probably have a go at that.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »
Only had stones for 2 pulls, didn't hit any of the gods but did get a Shaitan and a Fairlio - neither one's hugely exciting but the latter's nice because I basically had only Amaterasu for light stuff before that. (And a Harpie Demon but who cares about that.)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
game over man, you opened them when godfest didn't even start yet.. it starts noon tomorrow (or today assuming you're ahead in the timezone).

Anyway I got 2 eggs to crack open for this and will be doing so, pretty much all the gods except ammy (who has more use as a healing leader) make for some really good subs. Indian gods have better power, but the Japanese ones only cost 20...which while a bit much for me still, is very good considering how powerful they are. They're like keepers of rainbow that cost 5 less and grant more power, and have better abilities. Plus I kinda want yomi in particular because her orb manipulation move will eventually...long-term...make anubus-rape a possibility, and ra-nukeage pretty darn easy (just make sure you actually HAVE the # of required orbs to use it first!)

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 06:08:47 AM »
game over man, you opened them when godfest didn't even start yet.. it starts noon tomorrow (or today assuming you're ahead in the timezone).

... FUCK I keep thinking the 30th was today.

Oh well I'm still mostly happy with my pulls. :V

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
So if I have 15 stones today's godfest is when I want to use them, correct? 
The only got I have is my starter Ares, and I guess I have an anti-god (devil) with Amon, both have been mega useful as the two dungeons I am stuck working on are grass and fire themed.

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
Since it's the last day for Wind, Forest, Fr & Mt. I tried it on master

Fire Samurai Dragon get \o/

Lost to Fire Ripper again though because bad combos bleh

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
Since it's the last day for Wind, Forest, Fr & Mt. I tried it on master

Fire Samurai Dragon get \o/

Lost to Fire Ripper again though because bad combos bleh

One of the stupid ninjas jammed my leader, so I lost 40 stamina.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
so apparently i should have been feeding my +eggs to Echidna instead of Isis because Echidna is more versatile

oh well Isis4lyfe :derp:

also only now I realize i should have been saving all my pengdras and evolving them

oh well not like i had enough box space before to support all that
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:26:55 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »
My ID is 301,354,227 and usually running Horus or Ammy.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Hooray for Horus, sent an invite

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
How does the Chinese god active effect work anyways? Is it like orb randomize but you only get three types of orbs remaining? If so oh baby free Isis combos

Also are they up yet
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:07:20 PM by Suikama »