Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233083 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #630 on: October 04, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »
> Can we guess what his avenue of escape might be?
> Is Georgia keeping up?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #631 on: October 04, 2018, 01:23:56 AM »
> Can we guess what his avenue of escape might be?
> Is Georgia keeping up?

>Immediately, you think he's either about to go around the shopping center to the north, or he's about to break into it.
>She seems to be.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
> Is the shopping center closed yet?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »
> Is the shopping center closed yet?

>Much of it seems to be. At this split second, the couple of stores still open are more or less akin to the yogurt place you were just at, where there doesn't seem to be anyone around.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2018, 10:42:56 PM »
Going inside seems like a bad idea, someone will hear us running about and unlike Archer we're not fast enough to run from cops. However, we can't tell Archer anything without yelling at her, so we want to avoid giving Midnighter any ideas he doesn't already have.

> Continue following and see where he's headed.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »
> Continue following and see where he's headed.

>You continuing following, as he darts around the shopping center. Archer follows, not too terribly far behind. As you watch, he hops on top of a dumpster, vaults into the air, and grabs onto a fire escape ladder on the roof, using it to swing himself onto the roof itself. He lands with the the grace of a gymnast, as Archer moves to follow him, only to have to twice in midair  and land on the ground as he sends a dagger flying her way! Then he dashes further onto the roof, disappearing from view!
>Information Update: Midnighter

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2018, 03:45:52 AM »
> There's no way we or Georgia are getting onto that roof, is there?
> Check information.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #637 on: October 10, 2018, 04:00:23 AM »
> There's no way we or Georgia are getting onto that roof, is there?
> Check information.

>You would need someone to lower the fire escape, you think.
>Midnighter: ???
>Strength: ???
>Mana: ???
>Endurance: Decent
>Luck: Hard to read
>Agility: Exceptional
>N. Phantasm: C
>Class Skills
>>Panache   A+
>Personal Skills
>>Short Blades: Very good
>>Presence Concealment: A+
>>???
>Noble Phantasm
>>???

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #638 on: October 10, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »
> "Crap..." Even if we got up there, nothing's stopping him from dropping down again and leaving us stranded.
> Archer can chase him, but once she's out of sight we have no way of communicating with her...wait!
> "Georgia, can I borrow your phone?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #639 on: October 10, 2018, 04:34:34 AM »
> "Crap..." Even if we got up there, nothing's stopping him from dropping down again and leaving us stranded.
> Archer can chase him, but once she's out of sight we have no way of communicating with her...wait!
> "Georgia, can I borrow your phone?"

>Georgia has just caught up to you. "Huh, why?" she says, as Archer hops back into the dumpster.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #640 on: October 10, 2018, 05:15:49 AM »
> "Cause I'm giving her mine! Archer, catch!!"
> Hurl our phone at her.

God, I sure hope that Wall tossing skill carries over to this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #641 on: October 10, 2018, 06:29:32 AM »
> "Cause I'm giving her mine! Archer, catch!!"
> Hurl our phone at her.

>You fling your phone at Archer. She turns just in time to catch it out of the air, even scooping it up from behind rather than grabbing it from the air. Good thing you showed her how to treat it before! She deftly pockets it and leads toward the fire escape, grabbing it this time and pulling herself up deftly.
>"Shit, okay," says Georgia, as she pushes a cheap android into your hands. "What is that guy's deal? Is that Assassin?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #642 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
> "Thanks. And no, it's a stupid fake servant called Midnighter. This is the second one I've run into, I dunno where they're coming from."
> Dial our own number while we move behind some kind of cover to avoid catching a stray dagger.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: October 10, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
> "Thanks. And no, it's a stupid fake servant called Midnighter. This is the second one I've run into, I dunno where they're coming from."
> Dial our own number while we move behind some kind of cover to avoid catching a stray dagger.

>You take cover near the edge oft he building and start to dial Archer.
>"So what's its deal?" Georgia says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #644 on: October 10, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »
> "I'm guessing that crown he stole from me is some kind of symbolic thing. My command seals are gone and I can't communicate with Archer."

I have a guess as to who this guy is, but it's obscure enough that I think it would be too meta to guess without Lily taking the time to google it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: October 10, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
> "I'm guessing that crown he stole from me is some kind of symbolic thing. My command seals are gone and I can't communicate with Archer."

>"So, what's it's role?" says Georgia.
>Archer answers the phone. "He's hiding, I think," she says. "There's a lot of pipes and stuff."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #646 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:31 PM »
> Talk into phone. "I guarantee he's gonna try to hit a pipe and blow steam at you and escape in the mist. It's totally his schtick."
> "You can put the phone in your pocket, just let me know if he leaves the roof so we know where to go."
> Open the browser on the phone while keeping Archer on the line. (Newfangled phones can do that, right? I have a flip phone.)
> @Georgia: "Uh, I think Midnighter is a fancy term for thief? It seems like his power is meant to be used against masters, so maybe it's like an Assassin variant?"
> Does our database give any generic info on the class?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #647 on: October 10, 2018, 11:43:15 PM »
> Talk into phone. "I guarantee he's gonna try to hit a pipe and blow steam at you and escape in the mist. It's totally his schtick."
> "You can put the phone in your pocket, just let me know if he leaves the roof so we know where to go."
> Open the browser on the phone while keeping Archer on the line. (Newfangled phones can do that, right? I have a flip phone.)
> @Georgia: "Uh, I think Midnighter is a fancy term for thief? It seems like his power is meant to be used against masters, so maybe it's like an Assassin variant?"
> Does our database give any generic info on the class?

>"Got it," says Archer. "And good, I need both my hands. Give me some extra eyes if you can."
>You open the browser, the call does not drop.
>You check the information on Midnighter.
>Midnighter: "A class that arises from the aspirations of the downtrodden. Midnighter specializes in guerilla tactics and impossible thefts, performing with panache and style. Whereas the basis of most classes lies in defeating powerful opponents and mythical foes, Midnighter's role lies in challenging the powers of society. Often romanticized, Midnighter's role bears the weight of the dreams and aspirations of good and cruel people alike, making it difficult to predict. As well, It is difficult to tell where the Servant ends and the world's influences begin. As a rule, Midnighter has no voice for itself, for its individuality is not nearly so important to this case as its feats and symbolism. Nor does it possess a Master in the traditional sense; it is not possible to summon a Servant of this class typically.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #648 on: October 11, 2018, 01:20:47 AM »
> If he had no master, he probably wouldn't have any reason to be here or to start shit with us, so let's assume he's an exception...
> "Okay, 'Midnighter' is supposed to represent, like, romanticized outlaws. Like Zorro, I guess."
> Since he stole a crown we didn't know we had, start googling crown thieves, jewel thieves, combinations of those with "medieval", "famous", etc...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #649 on: October 11, 2018, 01:44:19 AM »
> If he had no master, he probably wouldn't have any reason to be here or to start shit with us, so let's assume he's an exception...
> "Okay, 'Midnighter' is supposed to represent, like, romanticized outlaws. Like Zorro, I guess."
> Since he stole a crown we didn't know we had, start googling crown thieves, jewel thieves, combinations of those with "medieval", "famous", etc...

>"Huh," says Georgia.
>You do a quick search, and come up with a handful of names. Richard of Pudlicott, Thomas Blood, Jean-Baptiste Tavernier are suggested. More searching will take time.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #650 on: October 11, 2018, 01:51:26 AM »
> Take a closer look at Thomas Blood, because he has a picture that could fit Midnighter and his blurb indicates that he was chaotic neutral as fuck.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #651 on: October 11, 2018, 02:18:00 AM »
> Take a closer look at Thomas Blood, because he has a picture that could fit Midnighter and his blurb indicates that he was chaotic neutral as fuck.

>Are you sure you want to do this in the middle of a potential combat situation?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #652 on: October 11, 2018, 02:44:20 AM »
> No...yes...nyes? He seems like the type to have stupid tricks that would be great to know about beforehand, but...
> No, better not. Instead, let's see if we can sense any other masters around.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #653 on: October 11, 2018, 02:59:59 AM »
> No...yes...nyes? He seems like the type to have stupid tricks that would be great to know about beforehand, but...
> No, better not. Instead, let's see if we can sense any other masters around.

>You don't sense anything yet.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #654 on: October 11, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »
> Look around. Where could we move to get at least a partial view of the roof, as Archer requested?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #655 on: October 11, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »
> Look around. Where could we move to get at least a partial view of the roof, as Archer requested?

>Close to the building like this, no. If you moved out a bit, you might see something. If you moved out a lot, you could probably see a lot, but you wouldn't have much detail.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »
> Let's back off a little so we can at least see over the edge.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: October 11, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »
> Let's back off a little so we can at least see over the edge.

>You back off a little, enough to see a little bit of the roof. Nothing stands out; Archer seems to be out of view.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »
>"Tch, I don't see anything,"
>Might as well move out a bit more, even with a loss of detail, we might see something new maybe.
>Do so.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
>"Tch, I don't see anything,"
>Might as well move out a bit more, even with a loss of detail, we might see something new maybe.
>Do so.

>You back away a little more, getting a better view of the roof, but still seeing nothing.

>_