Author Topic: Insert Recommendations Here.  (Read 3141 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Insert Recommendations Here.
« on: July 10, 2011, 01:59:43 AM »
OHAITHAR. I've just finished Touhou Sky Arena, labyrinth special disc, pocket wars Evo+, and Touhou 1 - 13. 13 on demo of course. Could any of you guys kindly recommend me some games? Oh, and I've had enough of Danmakufu and the sorts.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Re: Insert Recommendations Here.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:19:30 AM »
Touhoumon Merry Version. I think the current version is called 1.8 but it's not fully translated yet. I think the one to get is 1.5

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »
If you don't just want touhou-ish games, then I have a few touhou and non-touhou ones you might like.

• Desktop Dungeons, a coffee break roguelike that's more like a puzzler, Total Biscuit did a review of it that aptly sums it up, find the review here.
  • New Super Marisa Land, a nice little platformer that far outstrips the original Super Marisa Land.
  • Warning Forever, a near-endless boss rush shmup, only the shmup-crazy need apply for the long haul. My record is Stage 17, Raocow did a few videos of him playing it, he did better than me, around 22+.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:01:58 AM »
Oh man, I like this topic. I'm going to follow Kinzo's lead and avoid recommending Touhou doujins, or games you may have heard of. So let's see:

AirRade Air: Beautiful horizontal scrolling shooter.

Assault Cube: free FPS that can be played offline or online, on any operating system. Loads of dumb fun.

Braid: You must, must, must play this game. Completely redefines what platformers are all about.

Crescent Pale Mist: Odd little game that mixes fighting, platforming, and danmaku.

eXceed3rd Jade Penetrate Black Package: Awesome shmup with great music, great voice acting, and bosses who laugh at you as you fight them. Heavy emphasis on streaming.

Engage To Jabberwock: Combines puzzle gaming, dungeon crawling, and danmaku.

Penumbra Black Plague: Scary as shit horror survival game that really tests your powers of logic.

Trouble Witches: Gloriously animated horizontal-scrolling shooter.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 05:37:24 AM »
I'll just rephrase the question. I NEED MOAR TOUHOU DOUJIN GAMES. RAWR. They have to be well-made too :D.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Drake

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
touhoumon, koumajou densetsu

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Everything by LION HEART.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
I'll just rephrase the question. I NEED MOAR TOUHOU DOUJIN GAMES. RAWR. They have to be well-made too :D.

Fortune Star Panic.

Although why you're limiting yourself to games that only use Touhou characters is beyond me.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »
I guess you could always go with Megamari if you don't mind stage and boss design that makes the stuff of Megaman X6 Extreme look well made.
Its a fairly decent game if you are cool with the notion of weapon-usage, hit-tanking and reliance on luck. It also has a pretty good OST.

Koumajou Densetsu is also something worth checking out. Those games have excellent music and art style. I suppose the drawback is your characters hitbox suddenly shrinkes whenever you are flying and that the games expect you to take advantage of that. You might find that to be an interesting kind of challenge or you could be one of those people who don't like games that incorpate inconsistent hitboxes and quirky controls and try to pass that off as a challenge.

Despite my ranting though, Its something I recommend checking out. I don't deal out recommendations about games to people without telling them about the other side of the coin though. Speaking of Touhou and Castlevania, where the hell is my SoTN clone? Or rather CoTM clone as it would probably be. I guess its hiding somewhere together with Megamari X.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
I've heard Genius of Sappherios (or however it's spelled) is really good, but I don't think there's an English patch available, so that may be an issue for you being that it's an RPG and all.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
gensoushoujo wars (AKA touhou on the SRW@ engine)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 01:13:00 AM »
gensoushoujo wars (AKA touhou on the SRW@ engine)

This, definitely.
I've been playing it recently myself, its a pretty good game.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
Play Ys, the older Ys probably, no other game is the same.. :)