Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 228455 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #480 on: July 05, 2014, 02:07:00 AM »
Alright, so I would like to speak about
Spoiler:
Hope's
skillsets. I've yet to fully finish all of the skills for this skillset, so I'd like to hear some good ideas for them. Note, that these will probably be used from OTHER bosses, so what's here may be on other bosses! The default skillset has 12 skills normally, all others have 6 total (there's really 8, but 2 of them has to be forgoed in favor of one of the three).

Spoiler:
Pandora mode (default skillset)

Fairy Circle: Restores 30% Max HP to the party. Costs 10% Max MP to use. Only usable in battle.
Esuna: Cures all negative statuses. Costs 25 MP.
Esunaga: Cures all negative statuses to the party. Costs 65 MP.
Bravery: Doubles one ally's Attack. Costs 20 MP.
Protect: Doubles one ally's Defense. Costs 14 MP.
Faith: Doubles one ally's Magic. Costs 20 MP.
Decurse: Cures Curse status on one ally. Costs 14 MP. Note: Curse only prevents the user from changing equipment.
Dispel: Removes all buffs from one enemy. Costs 24 MP. 70% accuracy.
Dispelga: Removes all buffs from the enemy party. Costs 53 MP. 70% accuracy.
Vortex: Removes all statuses from both enemy and ally party. Costs 50 MP.
Return: Brings back Excluded party members into the battle. Costs 99 MP.
Celestial Star: Inflicts 2000 Mystic-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 100 MP. Only appears in the skillset if HP is 25% or less of Max HP value.

Bubble has been removed from this skillset. Whether or not anything will replace it, I don't know yet.

Spoiler:
Fate skillset:

Hellfire: Inflicts 500 Fire-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Aurora Freeze: Inflicts 500 Ice-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Skygate: Inflicts 500 Thunder-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Meteor Blast: Inflicts 500 Earth-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
Wind Slash: Inflicts 500 Wind-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 28 MP.
*Judgment Day: Inflicts 1000 Mystic-elemental damage to one enemy. Costs 40 MP.
*Mind Blast: Inflicts 200 Magic damage to one enemy + chance of random statuses. 70% accuracy. Costs 38 MP.
*Cosmic Spear: Inflicts 1500 Shadow-elemental damage to all enemies + Instant Death. Costs 100 MP. Only appears if HP is 25% or less of Max HP value.

*Only one of these skills can be obtained. The other two are forever lost.

Spoiler:
Death

Man Eater: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Human-type. Costs 12 MP.
Dismantler: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Machine-type. Costs 12 MP.
Dragon Slayer: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Dragon-type. Costs 12 MP.
Avian Killer: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Flying-type. Costs 12 MP.
Fairy Popper: Inflicts 500 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x4 damage if target is Fairy-type. Costs 12 MP.
*Youkai Hunter: Inflicts 800 non-elemental physical damage to one enemy. Deals x2 damage if target is Youkai-type. Costs 22 MP.
*????
*Apocalypse: ????. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing one ability)

Spoiler:
Gloom

Nothing yet...missing 8 abilities.

Spoiler:
Pestilence

Fear: Inflicts Fear to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 16 MP.
POW Hammer: Inflicts Debrave to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 8 MP.
Deprotect: Inflicts Deprotect to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 12 MP.
Defaith: Inflicts Defaith to one enemy. 70% accuracy. Costs 8 MP.
????
Bleed: Inflicts Sap to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
Mind Bleed: Inflicts MP Sap to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
Lock: Inflicts Lock to one enemy. 40% accuracy. 0 MP for now.
*Reverse: Reverses statuses on party. For instance, Regen becomes Poison, and vice-versa. Costs 50 MP. Battle only.
*????
*Diseased Tempest: Inflicts 1500 Wind-elemental damage to all enemies + Fear/Debrave/Deprotect/Defaith/Sap/MP Sap/Lock. 60% accuracy. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 2 abilities)

Spoiler:
Order

*Seraphic Law: Inflicts ??? Holy-elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 7 abilities)

Spoiler:
Chaos

*Cosmic Break: Nothing yet. Costs 100 MP. Only appears at 25% or less Max HP.

(Missing 7 abilities. This skillset is directly tied into the character's skillset).

So if you can help brainstorm, that'd be great! ^^;;

« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
One thing I was supposed to ask a while ago but forgot: similarly to SDM locking down / opening up again, is Hakugyukurou supposed to stay locked after you reach Makai?
Spoiler:
what I gathered from the dialogue the threat that was sealed there was dealt with by the Yuyuko team

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2014, 09:18:33 PM »
Yes, that place is actually supposed to stay locked. It becomes unlocked during beta6 for a specific reason.

« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2014, 10:36:02 PM »
Oh well, can't be getting any blue magic from the notorious fairy in there then...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
The Blue Magic list still needs revamped anyways, so Death Lance might not even be a Blue Magic spell later. Hard to say...Koishi has a crapton of spells that probably need reduced to not 50 spells. @_@;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #485 on: July 07, 2014, 05:41:26 AM »

So....final map of updated Makai right now. Went from 200x200 to 118x137. I redid the map while taking a break from working on Palanquin Ship, as it needed to be drastically sized down. It's now a bit more compact and easier to traverse, and most of the locations are still pretty much the same. However, before I release this in whatever update patch, I'll have to make sure to leave a WARNING! for players to save at save points and not the world map to avoid being stuck...@_@;;

Old map for comparison:

Speaking of Palanquin Ship, here's one hallway thus far (the rooms for this hallway are all done, and I'm in the process of doing the next area of the ship. Trying to avoid having the dungeon be TOO big, since you come here right after Myouren Temple itself. There's a couple gimmicks to this place, and it's a one-time only dungeon, so better make sure you do everything before finishing it!

In addition, have what is Gensokyo's current world map!

Whether or not I'll ever revamp Gensokyo's map, I don't know. I want to, but on the other hand, it'll be a pain in the arse to fix all of the teleport events and whatnot...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #486 on: July 12, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »

Safe to say, something doesn't feel completely right...this is what I could get out of the current tileset (this is the ONLY room of which even uses this tileset. The rest will be underground. Here's the tilesets I'm using for this dungeon.

For the shrine part itself:

For the actual dungeon:

So now the question becomes, what to do with the actual dungeon? Originally, the gimmick of this dungeon dealt with money. Enemies dropped a lot of money in here, but any money made or lost in this dungeon will not transfer to outside the dungeon. Whatever you came in here with is what you come out with. I remember doing away with this gimmick and going with something else, but I forgot what now...of note, who'd a thought there'd be a church-like area in Makai? :v

So yeah, I need to come up with a good gimmick for this dungeon that isn't used in any of the previous dungeons, and figure out if the tileset I'm using for the actual dungeon will work...oi vey. @_@;

« Reply #487 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »
I've been doing some testing on blue magic learning with a lvl 99 Koishi. Assuming the learning ability is working as intended, the massive level advantage should give almost a guaranteed chance to learn any skill in battle. But what happened was:
Ruby Dragon (lvl 23 or 28, can't remember) casts Meteor (20% base chance to learn), so chance of learning it is 91/96 %, but doesn't get learned. Later in the same battle the dragon uses Flare Breath (40% base chance) which should be 100%+ chance after the level difference comes in play, yet it doesn't get learned. Did I just get super-unlucky with the Meteor (and on the previous 3 attempts) and are Koishi's further attempts at learning stuff stopped after seeing a blue magic in combat?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #488 on: July 14, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »

There's the coding for Flare Breath in general. If you already HAVE Flare Breath, then this won't even activate at all.

As for Meteor, you cannot learn it from Ruby Dragon. It uses it, but it's not learnable FROM it. I removed it being learnable from it due to how strong it was, so you can't get it until later. I believe it's the same for Holy from the Imps in Cave to Makai.

« Reply #489 on: July 14, 2014, 08:47:35 PM »
A learnable blue magic you can't learn from certain enemies? That's one of the cruelest things I've heard in a video game before. How is the gamer supposed to tell the difference between fighting low odds and impossibility in these cases? If you don't want certain strong blue magic to be learned that early on, replace them in the moveset with something that isn't a blue magic. I suppose the notoriuos monster in Poltergeist Mansion basement that uses Ultima belongs to this category as well?

As for Flare Breath, I didn't have that skill yet when it was used on me, so I don't know what caused it to not get learned. On the fight before I did manage to learn it though (didn't save afterwards).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Intel. Intel tells you exactly what Blue Magic spells you can learn from enemies, if they have any. Yes, you can tell with the Remains of Hell enemies because after you fully complete the events there (which is in beta4), you can go in Remains of Hell with anyone I believe.

As for Krysta, you CAN learn Ultima from it. It's just a really low chance to do so (and you have to be able to survive Ultima anyways, which is really hard to do with how powerful it is, and how rarely it's used).

Weird...it SHOULD be getting learned like easily. The coding states that it should be anyways (in the battle event, it puts the enemy's level right there so...), so I'm not understanding why you're not learning it at level 99. Hm...

« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
Intel huh? In that case you need to do a full check on the Intel database at some point, because I've come across a lot of errors in them and I'm sure I've missed some. Also, I can't remember seeing any blue magic info on any of the bosses so far, does that mean you can't learn anything from them? (Tenshi fights come in mind)
Furthermore, Intel data on Suika has no word on blue magic, Pandaemonium and Gathering Oni are thus not learnable from her? (not that you could get them anyway...)
And one final notion about Ruby Dragon: Intel data tells you can learn Flare from it, but it also uses Flare Breath, which you can also learn from it. However, Intel doesn't tell you anything about Flare Breath in there, so in that sense it's no different from Meteor in this particular case.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #492 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »
Weird...dunno what's up with the Intel being as broken as it is right now. The Tenshi fights, you can't learn any of the Blue Magic from earlier fights most of the time, simply because well...you never have Koishi that early on. I don't recall if you can get them at Hollowed Caverns or not though. As for Suika, I may have forgotten about that part. Oops.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #493 on: July 15, 2014, 06:50:11 AM »
So, here's a special little request, which I asked quite some time ago, sometime last year. I am thinking of doing more battle animations, just to flesh those out more, and I still need the animation for this spellcard:

This is the only one missing out of Iku's skillset. I cannot seem to find any good way of replicating this spellcard (all the MUGEN characters don't have the full version of the spellcard in the SFF files...) so...unless someone can help me out with this...

In other news, I MAY be cutting down how long the intro is, as well as how long the final cutscene in beta4 is. In fact, the intro may just be the Kourindou/Hakurei Shrine events with the other events just cut out entirely, while the final cutscene in beta4 may be cut down and moved across the game. What do you guys think of this??

« Reply #494 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:27 AM »
I'm not sure if the intro needs to be cut down, since you can choose to skip it if you want. The length of the beta4 cutscene made me feel like I'd entered the "end-game", so I guess some of that stuff could be shown later on. There was something in that cutscene that felt a bit odd though:
Spoiler:
Chaos, Lunasa and Koishi making their plans somewhere, although I had my Koishi beating Fate elsewhere. I know Koishi is an optional character and all, but that still felt a bit off.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #495 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »
You can, but it is a 15-20 minute intro and if you're playing for the first time, more than likely you'd want to see the intro I'd think. But yeah, the beta4 cutscene is like an hour long so that does need to be chopped down and put in other places, or just summarized more, or something.

I know. Many people felt that way, but with any optional character, they're treated as though they're not really WITH the party at all so they can actually be in other places where the story needs them.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2014, 03:19:14 AM »

Current map of first room of Sealed Cave. I think I know what the gimmick of the dungeon may be...or one of them anyways. Damage floors here, much like earlier in the game. Thinking if damage floors should have random encounters or not, since random encounters is set to 0 for those types of floors...

Originally, Sealed Cave was going to have the "No Physicals" gimmick, as a counterpart to Hollowed Caverns "No Magic" gimmick, but I don't know if I'll do that or not, especially given the enemies that I want to have in here. Anyone have any good ideas for the dungeon gimmick? I was thinking of having to dispel barriers on doors in order to get through them but...not sure! Damage floors are going to be a big part I know that much (think of FFIV's Sylph Cave or Passage to the Eidolons. Similar concept, but they had random encounters, these damage floors don't...)

Also, if anyone is curious, these are the enemies I have in mind for the dungeon. I need to chop out some (most are going to appear solo in fights), but they're ALL big references to the FF series...

Spoiler:
Sealed Cave:

Alexander
Atomos
Chocobo
Diablos
Fenrir
Asura
Ifrit
Odin
Ramuh
Shiva
Titan
Sylph
Shoat
Kirin
Midgardsomr
Phoenix
PuPu
Siren
Valefor

If you're wondering about Leviathan and Bahamut, Bahamut was already a pre-determined optional boss for Dragon Palace. Leviathan for now is going to be an optional boss at Misty Lake later.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »

You see this room? This is the right room (there's a left room as well). The main switch to proceed in this dungeon in in the center. Main goal is to get all 3 colored switches down. However, you cannot enter this room normally so you have to go to the left room and do stuff there to get into this room (there's also a hidden passage in the south walls between the two rooms). The other room is similarly shaped as this one too

There are 3 switches: Yellow, Blue, and Red. The colored blocks you see in the first images are all raised or lowered depending on the switch pressed. What I need help is well...setting up the puzzle really! I'm terrible with making puzzles, and this is the ONLY puzzle in the entire dungeon. In fact, the dungeon itself is extremely short. So if anyone can help with these puzzles, that'd be fantastic. x_x;;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #498 on: September 16, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »
Howdy! Boy, it sure has been a while since I last posted anything, eh? Don't worry, I'm still working on this game. Just was watching Naruto for a month straight is all heh...

In any event, not much to speak about here. Music getting updated, battle animations nearing closer to completion (went from 230 to 330 and now down to 180 some at the current time. It MIGHT be the first thing fully done for this damned game!). Nothing new mapping wise as I'm still annoyed with mapping and wish I had more mappers!

In any case, the boss theme that plays when fighting any of the Guardians of Pandora, "Chaos" (from Super Robot Wars) might get replaced with a boss theme from Final Fantasy. The thing is...which theme? I'm thinking The Fierce Battle from FFVI, but I don't know which remix would fit the best and sound good. And I'm not sure on what other boss themes would work well enough for this too. Any suggestions? Feel free to post any music that you think would work! And if you have any suggestions for any other music, now's the chance to tell me! Who knows? It might replace something in the game!

Hopefully I'll be getting around to releasing beta5 before the end of this year...I hope...

« Reply #499 on: September 16, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
Most Final Fantasy battle themes are too upbeat and "happy" to really fit in your game. I agree Fierce Battle is a good fit with its intensity. The only other theme I could see fitting in is the boss battle theme from FFV (does it even have a name?). As for version, that goes down to taste, but the original version of FFV's battle theme is quite "beepy". :D

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #500 on: September 16, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
FFV's boss theme doesn't feel like it works well to me. I feel like Fierce Battle is the best thing I can go with, but which version of it? There's not many of them, and it has to be JUST right too. >_<

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #501 on: September 25, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
So hey! Still haven't gotten around to getting a replacement for the Chaos theme, as I've been busy with working on battle animations this entire time still (still would like help on that). Now under 100 battle animations left to go, wooo! Now, here's a thing: Genius of Sappheiros, Jackpot World. Everyone knows that sound effect. However, I cannot for the life of me find it. Can someone either point out where I can find it, or can give me it? I need it for an ability that it'd be best for, and it's the best sound effect I can give to said ability. @_@;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:50 AM »
Howdy ya'll! I know it's been QUITE a long time since the last update, but I've been doing other things not related to TF (LPing, FFWiki work, etc.). Eventually I'll get back to working on it (I needed a good long break from working on it after doing 250 some animations. Still about 79 animations left to do, not counting character-specific sprites like status sprites), though mapping and eventing aren't something I'm looking forward to, lemme tell ya ha...

In any case, here! Have the most recent review for the game thus far!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/reviews/3342/

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #503 on: December 08, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
Oi vey, been quite a while eh folks? But this time, I'm back to working on the game once again! Now doing eventing and dialogue for these dungeons, so going to get somewhere with this beta finally! Just taking a while to get the dialogue to come out right. The past two sets of dialogues have taken a full day each (outside of other distractions of course), so I'm not sure if I'm just being VERY picky about the dialogue or if I'm just super rusty at doing them now. Who knows!

In any case, I still need to revamp Human Village, Pandaemonium, and Hollowed Caverns (there's of course other dungeons that need revamped and/or finished, such as Chireiden and Ancient City, but those will come later, and I still need to add in Suzunaan as well). If anyone is interested in giving mapping a try, or knows how to map in RPG Maker 2k3 and at least decently, then let me know! Could use some good mappers to help take care of mapping while I'm doing eventing. Monsters/bosses will come after I finish events up so that I don't have to worry about fighting things while trying to test out events.

Any other suggestions or any questions concerning the game or development for it, feel free to post them!

Of note, for right now if you are getting any updates or the game itself, make sure to get the Touhou Fantasy Backup rar, and if you're new to the game, get the Facesets rar as well. That is all!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #504 on: December 10, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
So I feel like talking a bit about each of the Fragments of Pandora, since it's been such a long time, and maybe perhaps there are a few of you out there interested in knowing about each of them. However, if you do not want spoilers, do not read! There are going to be quite a few spoilers in this particular post!

Spoiler:
Gloom: Abilities revolve around manipulating emotions as you'd guess (which is funny, since I had this thought long before Hata no Kokoro was created for Touhou), but due to this not working on the other components, she's generally considered the weakest of the components. This is literally all I have on her: Nothing on personality, nothing on how she fights in battle, nothing...she's the least developed outside of Pandora thus far. Is antagonistic towards Parsee and Momiji.

During the optional boss fight with Gloom Complete, she changes her strategy a bit and utilizes her Illusionist abilities more, creating illusions of characters in the current party that uses the same abilities as the original party members. Damaging any of these illusions will also damage the original as well. Defeating Gloom will also defeat the illusions.

Guadians: Ice/King Behemoth, ????, Zodiark
Class: Puppetmaster/Illusionist
Height: 5'5"

Pestilence: Abilities revolve around manipulating diseases, as you'd expect. Unlike what you'd expect from someone like Death or Gloom, Pestilence, while appearing serene and calm, is a bit sadistic in nature (she doesn't really show that very often though). In-battle, she deals with a multitude of statuses, including of rare status effects such as Curse, Heat, Full Break, and Venom. She wields the spear Ame-no-nuhoko (which is an actual mythological spear). Is antagonistic towards Yuuka. Limit Break is Diseased Tempest.

During the optional boss fight with Pestilence Complete, the party will be inflicted with various statuses in a set order, starting at level 1 statuses and continuing up to level 10 statuses of varying degrees. These bypasses all innate immunities as well as equipment immunities, so the fight is pretty much a timed fight. Pestilence otherwise is pretty much the same as normal.

Guardians: Marquis Malboro, Beezlebub, Astroth, Cerberus
Class: Ark Knight
Height: 5'8"

Death: Abilities revolve around manipulating life and death, as you'd expect. However, Death is generally the most calm and honorable of the components, not using her abilities very often even though she has the chance to do so many times throughout the story. However, holds a grudge against Order due to how often Order has backstabbed her, and is generally seen often with Pestilence. In-battle, she deals with instant death as well as many of the generic statuses (in essence, she's like how Komachi is in the story). Is antagonistic towards Komachi. Wields the scythe Yomotsugama Izanami. Limit Break is Apocalypse.

During the optional boss fight with Death Complete, Death will start a time limit on a specific character, and once time is up, the character is permanently killed and unable to be brought back at all (the character is outright removed from the fight and unable to be brought back via Hope's Return spell). Death otherwise is the same as usual pretty much.

Guardians: Iron Giant, Omega Weapon, Ozma, Hades
Class: Time Mage/Necromaner
Height: 6'1"

Fate: Abilities revolve around manipulation of fate obviously. Fate is happy-go-lucky and fun-loving, but can be deathly serious when the need arises. While she can manipulate fate, she only does so to a degree, as her abilities cannot extend to anything related to the Pandora's Box. Is antagonistic towards nobody but Order and Chaos, and is generally friendly with Hope. In-battle, her abilities revolve around mid-level elemental spells as well as mid-level statuses (basically, she's a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none type character). Does not actually wield any weapons at all. Limit Break is Cosmic Spear.

During the optional boss fight with Fate Complete, Fate will attempt to counter specific commands used by various party members with powerful abilities, making it hard to judge which abilities to use at which times. In addition, Fate no longer uses her elemental skillset that she originally has and instead starts using the more powerful Predict skillset (similar to what Shikieiki's skillset is).

Guardians: Exodus, Adrammelech, Ultima
Class: Oracle
Height: 4'9"

Hope: Abilities revolve around manipulation of light and dark. This is adversely affected by her personality: The more optimistic she is, the more light she gives off to her allies, but the more pessimistic she becomes, the more dark she ends off giving instead. This isn't really spoken of in-game yet however, but it's vaguely hinted at by Hope that she feeds off of the party's light to give strength. Is generally a sweet girl that tries to keep everyone's spirits up, but tends to fall into a depressive state due to her history of failing to stop Pandora. Is antagonistic towards Chaos and Order, but on friendly terms with Fate. Wields a staff named Khatvanga. Limit Break is Celestial Star.

Hope's full potential is unexplored outside of her ability to break all manners of mind control as well as giving more/less power depending on the amount of light that she is currently surrounded by.

Class: Seer/Cleric
Height: 5'1"

Chaos: Abilities revolve around utilizing the abilities of those she has defeated during the current cycle. She serves to aide whichever side of the spectrum is lowest (if light is lower than dark, she aides the light side, but if dark is lower than light, she aides the dark side). Is generally gruff and rough, and enjoys a good fight or in general beating down anyone. While she may appear sadistic, she is not and is usually just venting out her frustration or anger in this manner. Is antagonistic towards Hope, Fate, and Order, as well as Reimu. In-battle, is capable of using high-level elemental abilities (Tsunami, Hellfire, Judgment Bolt, etc.) as well as powerful abilities such as Maelstrom (reduces party's HP to 1), Graviga, and The Void (Instant Death + 9999 damage. Wields the weapon Varunastra, which is similar to Necrid's weapons in Soul Calibur II (allows her to create whatever weapon she wants at any given time). Limit Break is Cosmic Break.

During the optional boss fight with Chaos Complete, Chaos utilizes her actual skillset, ignoring all other abilities she has used in previous boss fights, and attacks much more frequently. In addition, she favors physical-based skills over magical-based skills, some of which will bypass the target's Defense stat entirely.

Guardians: Lich, Marilith, Kraken, Tiamat
Class: Berserker/Arcanist
Height: 5'10"

Order: Abilities revolve around usage of high-level magic. Is egotistical and self-centered, coming with a Messiah Complex believing that returning everything to nothingness and then recreating it herself by using The Void will give perfect order to everything. Has no regards to life at all and no sense of honor, but this may all be due to her being corrupted by Pandora as Fate and Hope explain in the story. Doesn't hesitate to use anyone for her own agendas. Is antagonistic towards Chaos, Fate, Hope, Reimu, and Byakuren. In-battle, is capable of using high-level magic, such as Ultima, Meteor, and Shadow Flare. Wields the staff Kaumodaki. Limit Break is Seraphic Law.

During the optional boss fight with Order Complete, Order simply uses the highest level magic spells available.

Guardians: Omega, Yiazmat
Class: Sage
Height: 5'10"

Pandora: Abilities are unknown at the time, but is capable of inflicting mass destruction when at full power after absorbing all of the fragments. Is bent on nothing but destruction and has no regards to life, but won't hesitate to ally herself with anyone capable of aiding her, such as Yuugenmagan. Is currently residing within Rinnosuke Morichika, using him as her vessel, but is generally surpressed by Yukari Yakumo's manipulation of borders. Is antagonistic towards most of the cast, but mostly to Reimu, Hope, Fate, Patchouli, and Sariel.

Class: Memorist
Height: N/A

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #505 on: January 25, 2015, 04:15:15 AM »
Xenomic,

You provide absolutely no installation instructions beyond "download all that"; ideally, you should have everything needed in one package. I don't know where in the world to extract your stupid music packs, but the Music folder seems to be a good guess.

Provide instructions on how to install everything.

Edit: did I mention painstakingly long loading times and screen flashing?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:22:23 AM by Fluffy8x »
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #506 on: January 25, 2015, 04:17:55 AM »
I can't put everything into one package due to the 200 MB file limit on Mediafire. That's why it's split up like it is. As for the music packs, they go into a folder called Music yes. Just make sure the files are in there and not in any folders IN the music packs.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #507 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:49 AM »
The battle system is also too confusing, music sometimes doesn't play, and the digits obscure the gauges.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #508 on: January 25, 2015, 04:44:28 AM »
...How is the battle system confusing at all? o.o??

As for the music, you're certain that the music files themselves are in a folder titled "Music" and not in any folders IN the Music folder, right? Otherwise, you may have gotten an older version of the music pack (which if you just got it tonight, that shouldn't be the case). Dunno what you're talking about with digits though.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:48 AM »
...How is the battle system confusing at all? o.o??

As for the music, you're certain that the music files themselves are in a folder titled "Music" and not in any folders IN the Music folder, right? Otherwise, you may have gotten an older version of the music pack (which if you just got it tonight, that shouldn't be the case). Dunno what you're talking about with digits though.

The battle system is confusing because it's a real-time system but looks turn-based, and the fingers that point to the players are too small. I also did put everything into the "Music" folder inside the installation.

I was talking about the digits that show the HP/MP during battle.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)