Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139955 times)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 03:07:10 AM »
Okay ive timed out kogasa last nonspell i should be able to get it in a real run now.
*dies to this nonspell in a real run*

.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU

YUDODIS KOGASA?
one of these days ill get it  :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2011, 06:23:40 AM »
Was doing a Normal SA run with ReimuA...Stage 4, I actually managed to safespot BoWaP without losing spell card bonus. After getting Satori down to a sliver of health, I decided to time out the card. At 01 second remaining, I fire to finish it off...and at the same time, I hear myself go pichuun~ without even moving :fail:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »
Okay ive timed out kogasa last nonspell i should be able to get it in a real run now.
*dies to this nonspell in a real run*

.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU

YUDODIS KOGASA?
one of these days ill get it  :V
That must have been surprising. :P

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
Was doing a Normal SA run with ReimuA...Stage 4, I actually managed to safespot BoWaP without losing spell card bonus. After getting Satori down to a sliver of health, I decided to time out the card. At 01 second remaining, I fire to finish it off...and at the same time, I hear myself go pichuun~ without even moving :fail:
I bet what happened was Satori leaned into you during her death animation. That happens to everyone at least once, so don't feel too bad.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »
Why are Lunatic EoSD Stage 1 and 2 so annoying ?
Bullets that looks like power items, demarcation, scrap of paper suddenly hitting you, cirno opener ?
WHHHHHHHHHHY ?
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
Why are Lunatic EoSD Stage 1 and 2 so annoying ?
Bullets that looks like power items, demarcation, scrap of paper suddenly hitting you, cirno opener ?
WHHHHHHHHHHY ?
I really hate that, when bullets get me confused with power-ups. Or an unfortunate one recently, the point item was perfectly on top of a bullet. Guess what happened?
Demarcation Lunatic isn't that hard. Give it a few tries and you'll get it.
Scraps of paper (or whatever they are, can't really tell) are made easier by using ReimuA because of homing shots. Though this is the weakest shot type so...
Cirno's opener also isn't terribly hard. I start off to one side of her, so the edge of my shots are hitting her, move the other way, and then the last two triangle bullet setup can be dealt with going through it, by making one slight tap of the arrow key.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
Of all the tries to capture LFS earlier, I didn't even get it to the red phase before screwing it up. Did get a 1.xx route for Magic Butterfly though.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »
...is it just me or is Stygian Riverside easier than Prism Concerto? I have more captures on Stygian Riverside than on both Prism Concertos combined -_-

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
Why is it that no matter what game(not including the fighters) , easy: Im a friggin master, yet the moment I touch normal, I derp-mode around stage 3? I mean really, the two difficulties arent much different from each other.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
Why is it that no matter what game(not including the fighters) , easy: Im a friggin master, yet the moment I touch normal, I derp-mode around stage 3? I mean really, the two difficulties arent much different from each other.

Start playing on Hard, instead.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2011, 03:09:47 AM »
Ufo lunatic hates me guiz D: The scenario: im playing stage 5 like nobody's business trying to get it unlocked for practice.  but ufo was like lol nope and killed my laptops battery ;_; needless to say i lost my progress orz
2lazy2createbettersig

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2011, 03:15:05 AM »
damn pcb stage 4

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
ReimuB MoF lunatic run... ended at stage 6. I guess I'm too spoiled by Marisa C.
Stage 5 and Sanae was a bomb spam fest as usual. Other stages were okay, but stupid derps in stage 3 makes me cringe.

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
Tried Imperishable Shooting without focus, because someone said I can't do it... then I've done it, and because I was so happy about it I mistook the Yes button to try the spellcard again for the button to save a replay...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:55:46 PM by ChanceWolf »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
Random Ran fight, since it's been a while and I've been in a Touhou mood today. Made it to Kokkuri-san's Contract with a perfect.

Alright, this is it. The last ten seconds are what this all comes down to

I get tripped up and try to move thorugh an intersection of criss-crossing bullets.

HUBRIS! HUBRIS IS THE UNDOING OF ALL TOUHOU PLAYERS. :fail:

Then again I died on Izuna Gongen too so just as well.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
Tried Imperishable Shooting without focus, because someone said I can't do it... then I've done it, and because I was so happy about it I mostook the Yes button to try the spellcard again for the button to save a replay...

Ouch, that really sucks. Had something similiar happen to me once, though it was just a regular clear of Reimu's Last Word. Still, it annoyed me to no end since it had taken me so many tries to finally clear it.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
Last life, Reimu B, Bounded Danmaku Field.

I was staring at the center, for some amount of time then realized I died when the arrowheads were being spawned

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
Last life, Reimu B, Danmaku Bounded Field.
Fixed that for ya.

And yeah, that spell can be mean sometimes. Even if it's completely static, it's still mean. :V
TF2 Backpack

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »
...is it just me or is Stygian Riverside easier than Prism Concerto? I have more captures on Stygian Riverside than on both Prism Concertos combined -_-

Nope, it's not just you. I remember my first time facing the Prismrivers on Hard, and when I got the blind capture of SR, I was thinking, "..... that's it?"

Of course, I then game-overed about 15 seconds into stage 5.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
I almost cleared PCB Phantasm.

Almost.

Danmaku Bounded Field then ensued.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
Fixed that for ya.

And yeah, that spell can be mean sometimes. Even if it's completely static, it's still mean. :V

Oops, that's what I get for posting at such a time :V

Well, it kinda was my fault for staring at Yukari instead of focusing on dodging. The first time I cleared Phantasm, I had to Bomb Spam it.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »
Oops, that's what I get for posting at such a time :V

Well, it kinda was my fault for staring at Yukari instead of focusing on dodging. The first time I cleared Phantasm, I had to Bomb Spam it.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. The hardest wave IMO is the fourth. I know there is the safespot trick, but I've never been successful at pulling that off.
TF2 Backpack

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
10D demo crashes just when I'm about to 1cc
Spoiler:
easy mode...
for the first time as Sanae.

My heart is broken  :fail:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »
Aww, that must be tough. :( If it makes you feel any better, this crash is fairly common and is caused by defeating Yoshika's last spell card while she's eating spirits.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
So yeah, by all means it's a 1cc, though not having proof of that does indeed suck. :(

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
Just tried Phantasm again, perfected Yukari up to DBDB. Then died to a knife with 5 bombs intact.

Ran Yakumo: As Ran was spinning at the bottom, I decided to not move at all so I was fed a butterfly at point blank.

Entered Boundary of Humans and Youkai with 3 lives...entered Boundary of Life and Death with 1 remaining :colonveeplusalpha: Then after she fired the bubbles, I decided to run into a rice bullet.

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
MoF Hard
Bullshit deaths
Awful play
Just f off.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2011, 02:20:24 AM »
MoF Hard
Bullshit deaths
Awful play
Just f off.

Hey Aya, mind toning down those nonspells a bit?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with a newspaper on top?

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2011, 02:41:07 AM »
I hate UFO. I can't believe I lost 4 lives on Stage 3

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »
Hey Aya, mind toning down those nonspells a bit?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with a newspaper on top?

It's not even her non-spells. It's the fact that I always seem to die to Terikuni Throughout the World despite it being one of the simplest patterns in the entire series and Storm Day loves giving me two easy waves followed by a freaking impossible one. Also I had had a drink so I was TUI (Touhou'ing Under the Influence) but hadn't drank to the point where I was a better player, only a worse one.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.