Author Topic: Things that make you different from most Touhou players  (Read 134157 times)

Chainsaw Guitar

Re: Things that make you different from most Touhou players
« Reply #420 on: December 09, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
I think EoSD has some of the best music in the series.

I agree. No obnoxious MIDI trumpets ftw.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »
I don't know how many other people (IF any other people) have this but:

I know al the characters (except not all PC-98 ones) by heart and can state their full names and all powers, personality's quirks and memes connected to them. I know much of the back story, I love the music, I watch art and animations of the series, I know much of the game systems, am starting to make (not very good) art of the series, think up stories about it and so and so on....

...and I haven't played even one official game......

My Mac won't let me play Touhou :'(

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2009, 03:57:47 AM »
- I like the PoDD cast more than anyone else.
- I still don't get why MoF is considered "easy".

Gpop

« Reply #423 on: December 23, 2009, 04:17:54 AM »
Hmm...never posted here because I thought I was pretty common.

Well some things I found out then.

-I absolutely hate everything in EoSD. Except for Flan and the boss fight and theme. Everything else is pure crap and bullshit.
-SA is the only game that I actually like everyone in the game, with UFO coming in second (only lost because of Shou, but also the fact that I don't like them as much as SA).
-Koishi is my favourite character and will always be mine.

...that's all I can think of atm.

Formless God

« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2009, 04:31:52 AM »
- Koi- *shot*
- Watatsuki no Yorihime is my favorite character.
- Kaguya Houraisan is my favorite character. Fujiwara no Mokou is not my favorite character.
- Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke is the worst my least favorite Extra boss theme.
- I don't like fanmade stuff.
- especially remixes.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2009, 11:35:49 AM »
I really, really want to hear a flamenco styled remix of The Grimoire of Alice. :(

Formless God

« Reply #426 on: December 24, 2009, 11:53:32 AM »
- PCB is my 2nd least favorite Touhou game.
- Horrible character movements.
- In EoSD you can at least tell the bullets and the background apart. But not here.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #427 on: December 24, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
- I really freaking hate Tewi. Obnoxious little bitch.

- I'm quite fond of canon Kaguya. Sure, she's still to blame for the mess Mokou's gotten in, but she isn't completely evil. Kaguya does seem sympathetic at times, and looks really cute. She even appeared to be quite friendly in some of the official stories/manga. She also has some of the most beautiful spellcards in te series. I really hope she and Mokou can learn to get along.

- On the other hand, I think fanon Kaguya can get buried a hundred feet under ground in an adamantium coffin with immortal scarabs eating her flesh every day. Seriously, in some of the doujins she appears in she acts like such a diabolic slut that I would just want to punch her in the face. In fan works she uses dirty tricks against Mokou and even gangs up on her with her entire squad of minions. She's also useless and pathetic, basically an infant that completely relies on Eirin. She goes way to far in some fan works against Mokou, and Mokou almost always comes out of it dead last. Seriously, why did fanon create such an awful being?

- I have no idea who would be best suited as a lover for Reimu or Marisa. All Reimu's choises don't really fit her (Yukari's more of teasing friend, Suika's more of a little sister and Remi's too posch for Reimu, and Sanae and Reimu have almost nothing in common except for occupation). And all Marisa's choises are all TOO much of a fit. They could all go well along with Marisa, but only one would be the winner, leaving the rest in loneliness. (Alice is almost canon and their tsundere relationship is adorable, Patchy needs someone to hang on to and they would make a lovable couple and Flandre needs someone to become a better person. Nitori has hardly any connection with Marisa tough and I don't really see them together). The very best choice I think would be Reimu x Marisa, since they've known each other for years, but then everyone else will be lonely.

« Reply #428 on: December 25, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »
The only way to remain sane is to avoid obnoxious fanfics...

I learned that a long time ago...

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #429 on: December 26, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »
- I prefer SWR to UNL, but I am playing UNL because I am playing with Reisen. (SWR Title Screen, Story Mode and Credit theme is way better).
- I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE ALICE.
- LLS is one of my favourite.
- Beated EoSD hard but not SA Normal.
- Beated all Windows extra too.
- Murasa...her theme is annoying...because I heard it too many times while doing that Murasa Boss Battle on Danmakufu...I gave it up.
-I love ALL the things canon-related to Suika.
- I like Tenshi, because I am always BORED AS HELL.
- The Maid And The Pocket Watch Of Blood is one of my favorite theme
- I like Lunatic Princess more than Nuclear Fusion
- I still like Kogasa after playing Extra
- I am bored and has nothing to do but destroy a shrine making a long list.
- I like YuugenMagen
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Formless God

« Reply #430 on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »
- I find Faint Dream to be much, much better than Sleeping Terror.
- And Reincarnation is a whole lot better than Complete Darkness as well.