Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391462 times)

Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »
@brliron
searching 010000001A040000020000000DFF in story_select.global.nut, replace with 000000001A040000020000000DFF

I'm working on a Squirrel3 decompiler, or at least a disassembler. Patching the opcodes in binary form is.. eh... +_+
It works, thank you.

You guys want this fix now, or I wait for the remaining translations and put everything in a final patch ?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »
rather a fix now since I wanna use the english patch if I netplay anytime soon.

« Reply #662 on: June 21, 2014, 09:57:31 PM »
New version.
Installer : http://www.mediafire.com/download/vjsvf5bep6da1aw/th135_english_patch_v1_04a.exe
Or if you prefer as a zip file : http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5oj8sass8dvo8f/th135_english_patch_v1_04a.zip
It fixes the netplay bug mentioned above (and probably some others).
Also, I replaced "Elegant flurry" by "Chain attack" (I wanted to do it for the last version, but I forgot).

« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
I assume this is for 13.4b.

« Reply #664 on: June 22, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »
Yes, I forgot to say it.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #665 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Krompy

• 420 graze it
« Reply #666 on: July 12, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »
There's a crash error with some VS battle endings where the dialogue doesn't show up and the game proceeds to crash if you press anything.

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\Myuser\Des...

This aplication has requested the Runtime to terminate in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I dont know if this is linked to the patch, but if it is, you might want to patch that bug c;

It only happends on certain dialogues as sometimes it will go nicely, but for example Marisa VS Reimu in the human village causes a crash.
I was playing on VS com mode.

I think that's all theres to know. thanks for reading c;
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2014, 05:43:55 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone had this problem with the English patch.  When I play a verse match with Reimu (either me playing as Reimu or the CPU playing as Reimu) and if Reimu loses, the game will crash.

« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
Thank you for reporting this, you two.

After looking a bit, it is because of the english patch. For some reason, none of the reimu's texts when she loses in VS mode were put in the translation. Maybe the structure of the pages from en.touhouwiki.net changed a bit. I made a tool that extract automatically the translations from en.touhouwiki.net, and a small change in the page's structure can cause this tool to work incorrectly.
I wonder why this bug weren't reported earlier.

I'll fix this as soon as I can, I think this will be done tomorrow.

« Reply #669 on: July 14, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
It should be fixed now.
Here is the new version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/93nvcdi6qh4h3d4/th135_english_patch_v1_04b.exe
And if you prefer to have it in zip format : http://www.mediafire.com/download/17y3pchvjjyeov6/th135_english_patch_v1_04b.zip

And I don't know if someone cares about it, but here is the new version of my auto-translation tools : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3zj9eqpsri6cdg/auto_translation.zip

Krompy

• 420 graze it
« Reply #670 on: July 16, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
Thank you for the fix!
And also, thank you in general for the whole patch c;
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #671 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
After a thousand years of slumber, I come bearing progress!

218 of 278 Newspaper pictures translated.  Unfortunately, image-editing is not something I have any skill in, so I'll have to leave that part up to you guys.  If there's any questions/I was unclear about anything in the files, or if you notice any mistakes I made, please don't hesitate to let me know.

If things go according to schedule, I should be able to finish the remainder by Wednesday.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #672 on: July 23, 2014, 02:02:36 AM »
HERE, LATEST PATCH >DDD THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK-
Well, there you go, guys~ It's up to you! But in your opinion, what do you think is better? And I THINK THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE WITH YOU RIGHT? Where is he?
So I just downloaded this and it is glorious. I'll be sharing this around now because this is amazing.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #673 on: July 23, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »
And here is the remainder of the Newspaper translations.

Once again, let me know if you notice any oddities/mistakes/have any questions.

« Reply #674 on: July 24, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
Thank you for all this.

On my side, I'm on holidays, so I progress slowly. And I'll probably waste some time trying to automate this (I hate repetitive tasks, and I think I can do something with AutoHotkey).

« Reply #675 on: July 26, 2014, 01:08:55 PM »
I finished my AutoHotkey script, so inserting translations should be faster now.
One day should be enough for all the files in the folders midashi1 and midashi2. I think I'll do it today, monday or tuesday.

« Reply #676 on: July 26, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
I finished to apply the translations in the midashi1 folder, and I read the midashi2.txt. Here are some remarks :
-=ichirin_a4.dds=-
真似して雲のようになる妖怪が多数
Number of Youkai Pretending to be Clouds is Great
I don't understand this one.

-=ichirin_b5.dds=-
無口な入道でもいれる仏教
Buddhism That Accepts Even the Silent Nyuudou
This one misses a verb.

-=futo_2.dds=-
テクニックが勝敗を分ける
Technique Determines the Victor
"Victory", right ?

-=miko_5.dds=-
まさかの道教が仏教を下す!
Taoism Unexpectedly Lays Buddhism Low!
"Now!", right ?
Same for miko_7.dds

-=reimu_2.dds=-
神社の人気取りに利用された一戦
The Battle to Earn Popularity for the Shrine
This one misses a verb, too.

Also, you can see what I did by downloading this file and copying it into the game's folder.

I'll make a post soon to talk about the others elements, because most of them are vertical texts.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #677 on: July 26, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »
A lot of the awkwardness in these might stem from the fact I was trying to make them sound like Newspaper Headlines rather than just plain text.

ichirin_a4:
真似して: to imitate, mimic
雲のようになる: like a cloud
妖怪が多数: youkai are plentiful
So, something like "The number of youkai that are imitating clouds is great."  In other words, the youkai are starting to try and imitate Unzan.

ichirin_b5:
The verb is "accept," though maybe "allow" would be better in this case if you find it a bit opaque.

futo_2:
Literally, this comes out as something like "Technique Divides Winning and Losing"
So "Technique Determines the Victor" (Victor = One who is victorious) is what I came up with.

miko_5 and miko_7:
"to lay low" as in to beat, defeat, knock down, etc.
Again, if its too opaque, it can be changed.  Literally its something like "take down, drop, lower," so whatever you're comfortable with.

reimu_2:
Literally, this is something like "The Battle Used to Earn Popularity for the Shrine."  Again I've truncated it a bit to make it sound more newspaper like.

A lot of these seem to boil down to style-y things, which since you're the one organizing it with all the other translations, I'll leave up to you to decide how to deal with them.  Let me know if I wasn't clear on anything though!

« Reply #678 on: July 27, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »
-=ichirin_a4.dds=-
真似して雲のようになる妖怪が多数
真似して: to imitate, mimic
雲のようになる: like a cloud
妖怪が多数: youkai are plentiful
So, something like "The number of youkai that are imitating clouds is great."  In other words, the youkai are starting to try and imitate Unzan.
Ok.
Did someone understand this ? I don't think my english level is that good, so it may be my fault to not understood this.

-=ichirin_b5.dds=-
無口な入道でもいれる仏教
ichirin_b5:
The verb is "accept," though maybe "allow" would be better in this case if you find it a bit opaque.
I think "That Accepts Even the Silent Nyuudou" is a qualifier for "Buddhism".
If I am wrong, we can let it like this, but if I am right, the verb "accepts" is a part of the qualifier, so the sentence itself doesn't have a verb (only the qualifier have one).

-=futo_2.dds=-
テクニックが勝敗を分ける
futo_2:
Literally, this comes out as something like "Technique Divides Winning and Losing"
So "Technique Determines the Victor" (Victor = One who is victorious) is what I came up with.
Sorry, my bad. I should have asked to google translate if "Victor" exists before posting.

-=miko_5.dds=-
まさかの道教が仏教を下す!
miko_5 and miko_7:
"to lay low" as in to beat, defeat, knock down, etc.
Again, if its too opaque, it can be changed.  Literally its something like "take down, drop, lower," so whatever you're comfortable with.
My bad, too. I didn't know "to lay low".

-=reimu_2.dds=-
神社の人気取りに利用された一戦
reimu_2:
Literally, this is something like "The Battle Used to Earn Popularity for the Shrine."  Again I've truncated it a bit to make it sound more newspaper like.
Here, there is the same problem as for ichirin_b5. "to Earn Popularity for the Shrine" is a qualifier of "the battle". It gives more information about the battle, instead of describing a fact.
But I may be wrong. As I said, my english level isn't that good. And I haven't any idea of what english newspapers usually looks like.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #679 on: July 27, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
"Number of Youkai Pretending to be Clouds is Great" is probably the only one that's a bit vague and weird but I understand it's about mimicking Unzan out of influence. Probably needs slight rewording, especially the "is Great" part.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #680 on: July 27, 2014, 09:06:08 PM »
I think "That Accepts Even the Silent Nyuudou" is a qualifier for "Buddhism".
If I am wrong, we can let it like this, but if I am right, the verb "accepts" is a part of the qualifier, so the sentence itself doesn't have a verb (only the qualifier have one).

Here, there is the same problem as for ichirin_b5. "to Earn Popularity for the Shrine" is a qualifier of "the battle". It gives more information about the battle, instead of describing a fact.
But I may be wrong. As I said, my english level isn't that good. And I haven't any idea of what english newspapers usually looks like.

You're not wrong, they aren't grammatically complete sentences, but that's a result of the Newspaper style (both in Japanese and English).  The Japanese has no predicate verb for the "sentence," because its not really a proper sentence - its actually just a big, unwieldy Noun Phrase.

It's a very Japanese thing that doesn't show up in English often, so it can look a little strange.  Its your decision whether you want to change it or not, but that is as translated as it gets, so there's no more advice on the Japanese side as to how to make it sound better.

"Number of Youkai Pretending to be Clouds is Great" is probably the only one that's a bit vague and weird but I understand it's about mimicking Unzan out of influence. Probably needs slight rewording, especially the "is Great" part.

I kind of agree, I never really liked this line (in English or Japanese lol).  Maybe something like "Number of Cloud-Mimicking Youkai Increases."  I don't know, I'll give it some thought and see if I can come up with something better.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #681 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »
Some suggestions for the ones posted above:

真似して雲のようになる妖怪が多数
Cloud-Mimicking Youkai on the Rise
Number of Cloud-Mimicking Youkai on the Rise
"I Want to Be a Cloud", Say Youkai
無口な入道でもいれる仏教
Speechless Stormcloud Becomes Buddhist (newspapers like alliteration, right?)
Buddhism Welcomes Even Nyuudou
"Even Clouds are Welcome", Say Buddhists
テクニックが勝敗を分ける
A True Game of Skill
まさかの道教が仏教を下す!
Shock! Taoism 1 - Buddhism 0
Tao Mania! Has Buddhism Lost its Edge?
神社の人気取りに利用された一戦
Battle Brings Visitors to Shrine (because the shrine having visitors is newsworthy :V)

« Reply #682 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »
真似して雲のようになる妖怪が多数
Cloud-Mimicking Youkai on the Rise
Number of Cloud-Mimicking Youkai on the Rise
"I Want to Be a Cloud", Say Youkai
I like "Number of Cloud-Mimicking Youkai on the Rise".

無口な入道でもいれる仏教
Speechless Stormcloud Becomes Buddhist
Buddhism Welcomes Even Nyuudou
"Even Clouds are Welcome", Say Buddhists
Is nyuudou an english word ? I don't think so (even if, as usual, I can be wrong), so I prefer the 2nd and the 4th.
It depends of the original meaning. The 2nd one says clouds wants to become buddhist, and the 4th one says buddhists accept clouds. This isn't the same thing.
*Try using google translate to understand what the japanese text means.* As I thought, that was a bad idea...

テクニックが勝敗を分ける
A True Game of Skill
As I said, the 1st one was correct, it was my fault for not understanding it.
I like the 2 ones. I think I'll choose the 1st one, but the 2nd one isn't bad too.

まさかの道教が仏教を下す!
Shock! Taoism 1 - Buddhism 0
Tao Mania! Has Buddhism Lost its Edge?
Same thing as above, the 1st one is correct.
Now that I know the meaning of to lay low, I think I prefer the 1st one.

神社の人気取りに利用された一戦
Battle Brings Visitors to Shrine
I prefer the 2nd one.

That was my thoughts about these translations (as someone have to make choices, and I'm usually the one who have to make them despite of my english and japanese skills). If anybody have remarks, comment etc about this, please post them

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
The same way we can accept Nyuudou is the same as how we accept calling the characters Youkai :V I'd stick with Nyuudou

« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2014, 07:27:23 AM »
Ok (in french, the word youkai is quite common, but I never saw the word nyuudou. I thought it was the same in english).
I bet nyuudou is more accurate than clouds.
In that case, let's use the 3rd one : "Buddhism Welcomes Even Nyuudou".

« Reply #685 on: August 01, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »
I said some days ago I would make a post concerning the others elements. Here it is.

Firstly, I forgot to give the background image. Here it is :

Cool, NoelShack gave me a thumbnail.

Next, you may have noticed, the final picture is made by taking the background, and putting the pictures from the manbow_render directory over this background.
Here is the background, on which I showed where the different elements will be placed :

And an example of the result :

That is how it is. Now, let's talk about what we can do.
Basically, we can change everything except the screenshot (this isn't a problem, I suppose), but there is some problems concerning the dates. I'll talk about this later.
Also, we can move / resize / scale nearly everything except the newspaper's title and the screenshot. Here again, a picture to show this : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406913166-news-scalable-zones.png. Each scalable zone is squared in red. And each scalable zone should be resizable and movable.
At last, here is the GIMP project I made for these pictures : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3fncd3b9rq6v2bm/news.xcf
It would be great if we manage to avoid vertical texts. I let you suggest some ways of reorganizing the picture to do this (I think I'll try to do something, too).

Now, I'll talk about the dates. For all the following screenshots, please look at the sections news_topday and news_youbi.
The things to translate are the days of the week, 年 (year), 月 (month), and 日 (day). Concerning this, here is a part of a game's file (data/system/manbow_render/battle.global.nut.txt) :
Code: [Select]
235 SQString:年
236 SQString:月
237 SQString:日
238 SQString:title_month
239 SQString:title_day
240 SQString:title_year
241 SQString:火
242 SQString:水
243 SQString:木
244 SQString:金
245 SQString:土
246 SQString:header_dayofweek
247 SQString:曜日
I added the lines numbers

These strings are used for the date on the top (news_topday), and for the day of the week in news_youbi. You can see an example where I replaced kanjis with letters (235=a, 236=b, 237=c, 241 to 245 are letters from d to h, and 247=day) : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915587-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-alphabet.png (don't mind the text on the left of the screenshot, I made a test and forgot to remove it).
For each day, the string at line 247 is put just after the 1st kanji of the day. As each day in english ends with "day", we can do the same thing :
Code: [Select]
235 SQString:d
236 SQString:m
237 SQString:y

241 SQString:tues
242 SQString:wednes
243 SQString:thurs
244 SQString:fri
245 SQString:satur

247 SQString:day
I didn't copy some lines here because they aren't part of the translation, but I let them in game.
Yes, I shuffled the day and the year.
Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915586-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-days.png

Problem : the kanji 月 means month, but it is also the 1st kanji of monday. So, with monday, here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-monday.png . Same thing for 日.
And if we replace 月 with mon (beginning of monday), and 日 with sun (beginning of sunday), here is the result :http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-sunday.png
For now, the best I found is to translate 月 with mon as on the last screenshot, and to hide the date from news_topday. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915585-monday-remove-date-262-et-402.png

Does someone have another suggestion about this ?

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #686 on: August 02, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »
brliron, regarding the coding of the Date, shouldn't it be Y/M/D instead of D/M/Y?
Since it shows 2014 being D and 30 being Y.
Lowercase is already good~

For the Days of the Week, try this:
- Mon
- Tues
- Wed
- Thurs/Thur
- Fri
- Sat
- Sun

Or are they too small to fit?

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »
brliron, regarding the coding of the Date, shouldn't it be Y/M/D instead of D/M/Y?
Since it shows 2014 being D and 30 being Y.
Yes, I noticed.
Yes, I shuffled the day and the year.

For the Days of the Week, try this:
- Mon
- Tues
- Wed
- Thurs/Thur
- Fri
- Sat
- Sun

The problem isn't the width in the news_youbi section. I think there is a setting somewhere to reduce the letter spacing.
The problem is the text on the news_topday. Let's say it's sunday. The game will display this date :
2014年8月3日          日曜日
If I replace 日 with d (first letter of day), I'll have this :
2014y8m3d          dday
This example can be seen on this screenshot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-monday.png (I took it a monday so it's a bit different, but you can see the problem)

And if I replace 日 with sun (beginning of sunday), I'll have this :
2014y8m3sun          sunday
The last example can be seen on this screenshot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-sunday.png (I took it a week ago so the date is different, but that doesn't change anything)

In each case, there is something wrong.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #688 on: August 04, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
Yes, I noticed.
The problem isn't the width in the news_youbi section. I think there is a setting somewhere to reduce the letter spacing.
The problem is the text on the news_topday. Let's say it's sunday. The game will display this date :
2014年8月3日          日曜日
If I replace 日 with d (first letter of day), I'll have this :
2014y8m3d          dday
This example can be seen on this screenshot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-monday.png (I took it a monday so it's a bit different, but you can see the problem)

And if I replace 日 with sun (beginning of sunday), I'll have this :
2014y8m3sun          sunday
The last example can be seen on this screenshot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1406915588-battle-global-nut-txt-l235-247-sunday.png (I took it a week ago so the date is different, but that doesn't change anything)

In each case, there is something wrong.

Sorry, didn't notice that you noticed the Day and Year being shuffled.
I was in a hurry ^^;

Well, that explains day being included.
So I gues M-, T-, W-. TH-, F-, SA-, and SU- will work?
I dunno, seems ugly...

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2014, 09:46:55 AM »
The problem is that the game uses the same characters for mon (beginning of monday) and m (1st letter of month). Same problem for sunday.
Therefore, with your suggestion, we would have :
2014y8M-3SU-          SU-

That's why I suggested to simply hide this part.