Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240091 times)

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #960 on: July 27, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »
Here's a proposition: Iku Nagae, best MND tank in the game?

I'm being serious here. I spent 80 levels raising MAG-based Iku, and at the end, I realized that my Iku still had better MND than MND-based Minoriko. Curious, I went to check up on her MND growth, only to realize that her growth rate is 11! That's just 1 point lower than Tenshi's, and Iku has a better level up rate and HP growth! It's kind of disappointing that the wiki currently lists her survivability as "passable, but nothing special" when she may well be one of the best magic tanks in the game.

Compare Iku to Yuyuko and Patchy, who have the two highest MND growths in the game. Yes, Patchy's MND is nigh-insurmountable, but Iku has far better HP, and levels up way faster than either of the other two. The biggest boon for  Iku, though, is that she doesn't need to put her levels into MAG. While Patchy and Yuyuko are only here to do damage, Iku doesn't need MAG to buff her allies or debuff her opponents. This frees up her level up bonuses for raising her already great MND, possibly turning her into an incredible magic tank. And, as a side note, Iku has a higher DEF growth than both Patchy and Yuyuko, and might beat Yuyuko in HP too due to her faster level up rate.

Tenshi might still be better overall due to being able to raise her own DEF/MND, but if you can buff Iku with Reimu or  Minoriko or whoever, then you're looking at one fantastic MND tank. I regret spending all those levels on MAG now; MND-tank Iku is the way to go.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #961 on: July 27, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »
Yeah, using Iku with MAG is just... uh. You shouldn't really ever need to use her attacks in bosses anyway. Also, Yukari with MND boosts has a similarly insane MND, with good HP/DEF growths. I'm wondering if I should give her DEF levels though, so that she can take physical hits as well; her DEF isn't bad, but it's not that great normally.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #962 on: July 27, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »
Yeah, using Iku with MAG is just... uh. You shouldn't really ever need to use her attacks in bosses anyway. Also, Yukari with MND boosts has a similarly insane MND, with good HP/DEF growths. I'm wondering if I should give her DEF levels though, so that she can take physical hits as well; her DEF isn't bad, but it's not that great normally.

Yeah, part of me wants to try building her with full def on level ups, and making her a substitute first slow tank for China. Spiriting away spam would be the best tank ability ever >=P..And one of the guage fills wouldn't be "wasted" on the tank.

« Reply #963 on: July 27, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
I'll try that on my second playthrough, sounds promising.

...actually, I guess it would technically be my third playthrough since I do still have a new game+ file sitting around floor 5 :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #964 on: July 27, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »
So I beat Kaguya's foe thanks to Par beeing inflicted near endlessly by Suwako, Yuugi and Komachi while Chen and Nitori just attacked with Flight of Idaten and Megawatt Gun...

I only took 1 Flowing Hellfire the whole fight...

« Reply #965 on: July 27, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
So I beat Kaguya's foe thanks to Par beeing inflicted near endlessly by Suwako, Yuugi and Komachi while Chen and Nitori just attacked with Flight of Idaten and Megawatt Gun...

I only took 1 Flowing Hellfire the whole fight...
I should've recorded that fight, because I went about it in an extremely unorthodox way just for the hell of it.

During the last minute, I was attacking by spamming Cat Walk and Flight of Itaden with Orin and Chen, with Aya speedbuffing both and Iku tanking while providing Orin with Thundercloud Stickleback buffs BV

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #966 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
Yeah, part of me wants to try building her with full def on level ups, and making her a substitute first slow tank for China.
I'm ahead of you on this! Upon obtaining her, 3.9k MND and 3.3k DEF, after outfitted and skp'd and such. Meiling has 4.9k def and Patch has 4.6k MND. Not bad.

I swear, a MND-based Patch would take 0 from anything that factors MND ever. But she'd still be swept by physicals and certain composites, so.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #967 on: July 27, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
I just beat Yuyuko it came right down to the wire with Ran and Tenshi stalling to buff Marisa who was in the back and switching her in and out to use Master Spark.

I honestly did not expect to win that fight at all.

EDIT: I beat Orin as well and Great Stamp looks ridiculous to beat at the moment...

I guess I need to go do some 16F Grinding,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:19:46 AM by Rikter »

Parallaxal

« Reply #968 on: July 28, 2010, 01:46:39 AM »
Team Unappreciated vs. the first of the Plus Disk bosses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZq2SQaGOZE
This was actually a rather easy fight. Won on my first practice attempt, then again on my first recorded attempt. I'm actually kind of surprised that Reisen managed to do nearly 1.5 million damage total while debuffing several stats. Also, Wriggle poison for close to 700,000 damage total (admittedly, the fight was rather long).

Bananamatic

« Reply #969 on: July 28, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »
Yeah, I swear that dude killed me a hit from his death 5+ times.

« Reply #970 on: July 28, 2010, 05:09:06 AM »
Random thought: If Wriggle's poison is really this good, wouldn't it be possible to have Wriggle poison a boss at the beginning, then switch her out and have Tenshi tank until the boss hits 1 HP, then finish it off with one of her attacks? :V

Parallaxal

« Reply #971 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
What makes you think I have nearly that much patience?

Sure, theoretically it's probably possible, but...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #972 on: July 28, 2010, 06:02:26 AM »
PSN slowly becomes weaker until it wears off. You've gotta renew it every now and then.

Besides, most bosses with any difficulty have at least one attack that can highly damage or take out Tenshi.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #973 on: July 28, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
I see that you do something with Team Unappriciated that I never do, swap a character out after a High-Delay move. I usually left them their unless the move left them with next to no SP, like Spark,

Parallaxal

« Reply #974 on: July 28, 2010, 07:00:52 AM »
Yes, that does tend to save me time with letting the action guage refill, but it's also for getting my glass cannons out of the front lines before the next attack. Nitori isn't exactly Yuugi; you can't expect her to survive in the 2nd slot. Luckily, Keine and Wriggle are there to take her place for each attack.

Edit:
Team Unappreciated vs. Celestial Bright Demon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWi5yqZuteQ

A rather long and tedious fight. Destroy Magic is more of an annoyance than a threat, but it does drag out an already long 10 million HP boss fight.

Someone requested that I do the Flame Tyrant next without using any Paralysis effects. Fine, I'm willing to try that, but don't expect the boss to be any more interesting now that it gets to attack.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:27:34 AM by Parallaxal »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #975 on: July 28, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »
Somebody teach me how to record, encode and upload this stuff. Mystia solo deserves the effort to try put up videos.

I'm glad I thought of it

PSN slowly becomes weaker until it wears off. You've gotta renew it every now and then.

I had the formula on PSN decay somewhere but I forgot. :<

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #976 on: July 28, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
So I beat Great stamp and Reached Yukari.

It's time for Grinding and/or Flandre now.

EDIT: I beat Yukari on my 5th try I need to go fight Flandre next.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:42:40 PM by Rikter »

Parallaxal

« Reply #977 on: July 29, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »
Someone requested that I fight the 24F boss without using paralysis effects, so here it is.

Team Unappreciated vs. Flame Tyrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pb0Waaxtfs

Paralysis spells make this boss a total joke, as he's got pathetic resistance to it. But I just learned the hard way why he has such low PAR resistance: because if you let him attack, he actually completely demolishes you with ease. With three times as much MAG as the previous boss, this guy's spells can hit for over 100,000 damage against neutral affinity targets. Even with 500+ affinity on most of my characters, they were still dying left and right.

However, this fight did give me a chance to use Cat's Walk to great effect, so that was pretty cool.

« Reply #978 on: July 29, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
Someone requested that I fight the 24F boss without using paralysis effects, so here it is.

Paralysis spells make this boss a total joke, as he's got pathetic resistance to it. But I just learned the hard way why he has such low PAR resistance: because if you let him attack, he actually completely demolishes you with ease. With three times as much MAG as the previous boss, this guy's spells can hit for over 100,000 damage against neutral affinity targets. Even with 500+ affinity on most of my characters, they were still dying left and right.

However, this fight did give me a chance to use Cat's Walk to great effect, so that was pretty cool.
Mind sharing your charagraph?  I like it more than my SWR-style one.

Parallaxal

« Reply #979 on: July 29, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »
Mind sharing your charagraph?  I like it more than my SWR-style one.

As you wish.
http://www.mediafire.com/Nightfall

Although I personally mix-and-match between that one and the SWR-style one. Yes, this version of Reisen is way cuter, but there's no way I'm touching that creepy Suwako portrait.

And I also thank you for giving me the idea to use Cat's Walk like that. I actually didn't think of it at first.

« Reply #980 on: July 29, 2010, 11:00:05 PM »
As you wish.
http://www.mediafire.com/Nightfall

Although I personally mix-and-match between that one and the SWR-style one. Yes, this version of Reisen is way cuter, but there's no way I'm touching that creepy Suwako portrait.

And I also thank you for giving me the idea to use Cat's Walk like that. I actually didn't think of it at first.
awesome, thanks

Yeah, Cat's Walk is a major part of the reason I use Orin in boss fights.  Fine-tuning the active bars can be invaluable, and that fight proves it.

By the way, what did you put Wriggle's points into on each level up?  HP?  I'm considering using her on my next runthrough.

Parallaxal

« Reply #981 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:49 PM »
A fairly even split between HP, DEF, and MND. I haven't really decided to focus on any one thing with her, and I don't know what the most optimal build for her is anyway.

« Reply #982 on: July 29, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »

« Reply #983 on: July 30, 2010, 03:07:49 AM »

your micromanagement on those characters' speed is so amazing  :3

anyway, on the notes, it implies that Nitori's camo is'nt that good, while I'd say that it's a great buff, increasing her somehow slow speed.

anyway (again), the Beast of Centaurea v2 is kicking my ass with the Breakaway Form; 20m HP on a 1100 SPD is ridiculous.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #984 on: July 30, 2010, 03:09:33 AM »
anyway, on the notes, it implies that Nitori's camo is'nt that good, while I'd say that it's a great buff, increasing her somehow slow speed.
somehow slow? Nitori is definitely one of the faster characters, even without the buff :P

« Reply #985 on: July 30, 2010, 03:16:22 AM »
So, uh, I thought I'd  try using Yukari + Kaguya to abuse Spiriting Away + Buddha's Stone Bowl to get a bunch of free turns, but Kaguya always moves first after Spiriting Away.  Is there a reason for this statwise, or was there a "lolno" sort of rule thrown in somewhere along the line?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #986 on: July 30, 2010, 03:22:21 AM »
The lolno one.

Special Disk makes me sad. It took away my favorite song.  :ohdear: Except when playing on the original BGM's against the final boss.

« Reply #987 on: July 30, 2010, 03:26:36 AM »
The lolno one.

Special Disk makes me sad. It took away my favorite song.  :ohdear: Except when playing on the original BGM's against the final boss.
Dammit. :c

Darkaliar is amazing, new song sucks, end of story.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #988 on: July 30, 2010, 03:34:02 AM »
Dammit. :c

Darkaliar is amazing, new song sucks, end of story.

Damn straight. If you think about it though, having Yukari's Spiriting Away + Buddha's Stone Bowl spam would just make things way too easy.

Anyone got a way to open DXA files? Particularly an extractor?

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
« Reply #989 on: July 30, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
 Alice: 10
Me: 0

:colonveeplusalpha: