Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240685 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #660 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
I dumped Tenshi somewhere in the plus disk. Every single boss fight ended up with me losing all attackers and having like 5 tanks without any damage output.
Nothing wrong with that.  I got pissed at Orin's "battle of attrition" and gave her one of my own on Livestream by letting Tenshi tank her solo for 15 minutes straight while at 1 HP from poison the whole time. BV

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #661 on: July 19, 2010, 10:54:24 PM »
Yuugi is down several levels before I was supposed to even fight her. I beat her at Reimu 21.

Fuck yeah Wriggle, you save the day consistently. Seriously, Wriggle is officially a permanent part of my bossing team.

Bananamatic

« Reply #662 on: July 19, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
Yuugi is down several levels before I was supposed to even fight her. I beat her at Reimu 21.

Fuck yeah Wriggle, you save the day consistently. Seriously, Wriggle is officially a permanent part of my bossing team.
Until you get bossed by the sheer amount of the boss' HP :V

also trance, why grind on f28 when 27 has liliths
29F doesn't give much more exp either
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:40:05 PM by Bananamatic »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #663 on: July 20, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
Until you get bossed by the sheer amount of the boss' HP :V

also trance, why grind on f28 when 27 has liliths

now that i think about it I completely forgot about Liliths... I mean, yes that 92000 SExp is a godsend but I wanted raw levels.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bananamatic

« Reply #664 on: July 20, 2010, 01:24:35 AM »
Then...which one/until when?

Managed to beat v3 Suwako 2 times and everything else destroyed me :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #665 on: July 20, 2010, 02:38:40 AM »
On topic of Tenshi, why give her a Shuttle Body? Doesn't Tenshi's Buff cause PAR and a SPD De-buff? Wouldn't that be good for her, since she is meant to takes 0s from all non-piercing moves, it would keep her from getting turns, thus keeping her fully buffed.

On topic of 18F boss, I'd say the worst phase is the Wind/lightning one, PAR Spam for everyone! It's the reason for everyone one of my losses to that damn boss. *shakes fist* I find the 1st Phase to be cake, since I never see SoHD or Rasetsu Fist until Final Phase. I also Spark the Spirit Phase, since that is when Spark is strongest.

Bananamatic

« Reply #666 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:48 AM »
On topic of Tenshi, why give her a Shuttle Body? Doesn't Tenshi's Buff cause PAR and a SPD De-buff? Wouldn't that be good for her, since she is meant to takes 0s from all non-piercing moves, it would keep her from getting turns, thus keeping her fully buffed.
It's 20x better when your tank can switch high delay atkers instead of doing nothing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #667 on: July 20, 2010, 02:41:20 AM »
Yeah, SPI phase which can cause DTH pretty much dies instantly to lolspark
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #668 on: July 20, 2010, 02:48:22 AM »
It's 20x better when your tank can switch high delay atkers instead of doing nothing.

I guess, but I can't stand Tenshi, I have 3 Tanks, and 2 are also good for DPS. Remi, Meiling and Komachi.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #669 on: July 20, 2010, 03:23:27 AM »
I don't like Tenshi either...Because she's boring to use more than anything. I think her amazing def/mnd can make her worthwhile though.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #670 on: July 20, 2010, 03:39:06 AM »
I will always and forever have Meiling in my first slot. It's just tradition, ya know?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #671 on: July 20, 2010, 04:16:26 AM »
I will always and forever have Meiling in my first slot. It's just tradition, ya know?

I know what you mean Wakka, I mean Raijin, I mean YellowYoshi. XD

But when Meiling is KO'ed, or is regening SP in the back, I can count on Remi and Komachin to hold the line very well.

Bananamatic

« Reply #672 on: July 20, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
spear the gungnir sucks for damage tbh

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #673 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »
Then...which one/until when?

Managed to beat v3 Suwako 2 times and everything else destroyed me :V

I still did 28F but you can do 27F and farm Liliths if you really want.

Also only start on 30F once you can comfortably beat every enemy there easily...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #674 on: July 20, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
I still did 28F but you can do 27F and farm Liliths if you really want.

Also only start on 30F once you can comfortably beat every enemy there easily...
From how I'm to understand it you can be level 500+ and not be 'comfortably' able to take down every one.
Obviously you want a fair chance of facing something you -can- kill, but yeah.

Bananamatic

« Reply #675 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »
I have yet to meet Chen without game overing before getting a single turn :V

Yuka seems fairly simple, then she used Beauty of Nature and wiped me out

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #676 on: July 20, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »
spear the gungnir sucks for damage tbh

Trollers be trollin'.  :derp:

No but really, Spear the Gungnir has always done respectable damage for me, especially when you curse before hand for boss fights. The only time it falls short is when the enemy or boss in question has a sky high defense rating, in which case you someone else with def piercing would be better. That or you could use Reisen or Iku to def sap them first.

Bananamatic

« Reply #677 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »
because using an average char and a crap char makes another crap char better

spear sucked for me from 7F boss onwards, in randoms she is completely useless and her buff becomes useful once you get much better single target attackers
half assed attacker, half assed tanker

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
ATK-based Remi does nice damage, when you consider her surviviablity and fast attacking speed

DEF-based Remi really just doesn't, but she has Meiling DEF with a self-buff and better MND
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #679 on: July 20, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
tried to fight Sanae's foe

Went well for awhile, then accidently got my last 3 non-Meiling people swept by a Flowing hellfire (miscounted?)

well Meiling had 51 SP, and was guarenteed to die in a turn or two, figured I might as well use mountain breaker twice for measly less-then-2k-damage

http://puu.sh/3v2

what the fuck.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #680 on: July 20, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
That's the kind of luck I have. I was taking on Tam's Foe and I had accidentally ran into it before being able to change around my party formation. I lost Marisa and Chen immediately and Meiling and Remilia followed shortly after. I won with only Yuugi, Alice, Reimu, and Wriggle left.

Yes, I still claim that Wriggle is my reason for success.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »
because using an average char and a crap char makes another crap char better

spear sucked for me from 7F boss onwards, in randoms she is completely useless and her buff becomes useful once you get much better single target attackers
half assed attacker, half assed tanker

ATK-based Remilia post-buff does 35-40k damage per Spear at level 84 against 18F boss. Considering it's non-elemental (and thus always consistant) and has low delay, that's actually very good damage output. Against the final boss, I was doing 90k with it.

I don't know how long you've tried using Remilia, but I've used her all the way through the Plus Disk, and wasn't disappointed with her. Low delay, consistantly good damage output, and the defenses to stay in easily makes her a great character to just throw into battle and not have to worry about too much.

That's the kind of luck I have. I was taking on Tam's Foe and I had accidentally ran into it before being able to change around my party formation. I lost Marisa and Chen immediately and Meiling and Remilia followed shortly after. I won with only Yuugi, Alice, Reimu, and Wriggle left.

Yes, I still claim that Wriggle is my reason for success.

Not unbelievable by any means. After counting up the damage dealt in my Sanae's Foe video, Wriggle's poison ended up accounting for about 20% of the boss's health.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:42:00 PM by Parallaxal »

Bananamatic

« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
18F is basically Remilia V2 with some extras.
Delay, uhh...doesn't matter tbh :V

« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
Banana, stop trolling.

Bananamatic

« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »
Banana, stop trolling.
high damage+high delay+dedicated switcher>low damage+low delay+sitting duck in the first slot

« Reply #685 on: July 20, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
high damage+high delay+dedicated switcher>low damage+low delay+sitting duck in the first slot
And yet Chen remains a superb damage dealer.

Bananamatic

« Reply #686 on: July 20, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »
And yet Chen remains a superb damage dealer.
Because Chen is speshul
her buff is 80% atk in one turn, useful before Ran gets enough SP to spam her full party buffs.
After that, using Shiki/Nitori/Patchy/Youmu seemed much better as her buff went to waste with everyone getting the same bonuses.

So...Chen stayed until Plus Disk :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #687 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Chen still has basically nonexistant delay on Flight of Idaten though, so she's ideal for for boss nuking. If you have ran around to spam buffs it's even better since Chen won't have to waste a turn buffing. I've had Chen get in 4-5 Idatens and switch out to safety before a boss even got to act. Idaten seems like low damage compared to everyone else but when you consider the amount of times Chen can spam it...

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #688 on: July 20, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »
18F is basically Remilia V2 with some extras.

If by "extras" you mean lower speed, much lower HP, much lower SP recovery rate, much worse leveling rate, etc., then sure.

Granted, 18F is a good character, but mostly for the 1-shot group buff. Remilia should be able to consistantly outpace him in a damage race, given her equal-or-better stat growths and better leveling rate, as well as her being in your party since the very beginning.

Banana, have you actually bothered trying out these characters in these situations, or are you just making blanket statements without any backup? In many situations, if you have your tank dedicatd to switching out slot 3 with high delay nukers, and a healer spamming cures who stays in permanently in slot 4 (like Minoriko), that still leaves slot 2 unoccupied, and without anyone dedicated to switching them out. This is where Remilia shines; even ATK-based Remilia has no problem surviving in this position.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
Chen's comparative speed (and subsequently, damage) falls behind in Plus-Disk anyway due to speed proration, plus she can't take a single hit anymore like normal game (Even on final boss she should be able to take 1 hit from non-nuke stuff)

She's insanely hax for main game, though.

And once she gets enough SPD to use Idaten on every other, and eventually every single battle tick, that might bring her back up in plus. Idaten would essentially have the delay of Kimontonkou :V