Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 158046 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #510 on: October 21, 2009, 05:35:30 AM »
Baity, I demand that you change the topic title to Parsee RAGE Thread: Volume III

DOITNOW

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Parsee RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #511 on: October 21, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
Denied myself a Kana PoDD Lunatic 1cc due to a miscalculation.

You see what happened was a Boss Attack was sent to my screen, and I thought I had enough of the Spell Gauge filled out to send one back. It turns out I was 1 enemy short of a full Spell Gauge, so all I did was send a L3 and eat bullets after 5 minutes of hard work. That excludes the 6 or so minutes on Chiyuri, and another 20-25 on the earlier stages.

Seriously considering a High-Tier character swap now.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »
I should 1cc PoDD lunatic again one of these days. Except not because I've discovered the game is a LOT more fun if you don't aim for a 1cc.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #513 on: October 21, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
You're probably right there. Aiming for a 1cc seems to induce more RAGE. I'm now going to stop for a while because Keine said so. See?

Quote from: #sm
[20:09] <Baity> @choose PoDD or IN
[20:09] <@Keine> Baity: I choose...IN! ^_^V

Going to do my preparation tonight, and 1cc tomorrow afternoon after... the Physiology Practical. Which I think is another dissection  :V

EDIT: Going to use the Scarlet Team for this. Because it'll improve my overall control. Now the only problem is... wait, there's a problem to begin with?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:02:08 AM by Baity »
<>

Formless God

« Reply #514 on: October 21, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »
*whistles and points to bjw and my perfect PCB stage 5 lunatic runs*

That one-death UFO S6 Lunatic just isn't enough xD
I don't get how you got past Youmu's 1st spell card >.<

And I envy you.

Eh ? But how ? D: Was it ... fast ? o_o

If I said I didn't 1cc any Hard until... March this year, would that make you better? That was IN Hard, Reimu Solo (for the sake of Last Words). So about 7-8 months in was my first Hard 1cc.

I'm not sure ... As my first Hard 1cc was MoF, and I bombed through EVERY of Sanae and Kanako's spell cards ~.~

Though, this is interesting:1cc or not, pushing yourself higher is a great way to develop. I reckon you (and a lot of other people actually) have potential to go pretty far.

After failing UFO S6 Normal for, like, 90 times, I tried Easy again and holy crap that was SOOOOO EASY compared to my first run >_>.
Then I went to do some S6 Lunatic to see if Normal is any easier ... after 2 weeks I finally got my 1cc in.
So I guess it helps to play on higher difficulties ...
But what to do when you get to Lunatic ? There isn't anything higher than that ._.

ebarrett

« Reply #515 on: October 21, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »
But what to do when you get to Lunatic ? There isn't anything higher than that ._.

I took Baity's cue and started playing IN's spell practice at x1.5 speed, even x2 speed on rare occasions (brings my computer near to a meltdown though). It worked.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #516 on: October 21, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
I'm not sure ... As my first Hard 1cc was MoF, and I bombed through EVERY of Sanae and Kanako's spell cards ~.~
It's quite normal for a first 1cc.

By then, you should have developed enough skill to be able to do most things (very unlikely I would imagine  :V), and maybe even develop your skills through other means. Playing for perfection is one way of "training" yourself at that point. Another is to do a full run at a lower difficulty and adding handicap(s). Or even IN Spell Practice with "extreme" handicaps. And last but not least, playing for score can teach you quite a few things.

If you get creative with this, it can turn out to be great practice.

EDIT:
(brings my computer near to a meltdown though)
:V
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:09:01 PM by Baity »
<>

Bananamatic

« Reply #517 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

I HATE THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAME
maybe this would be less bullshit if you could allow me to charge a lv2 instead of bombing but noooooo because THAT MOTHERFUCKING BULLET WALL HAS TO STAY ONSCREEN WHILE I HAVE A 1 SECOND INVINCIBILITY AFTER STICKING FIFTY BULLETS UP MY ASS

and as a bonus, my UFO score.dat is corrupted or something.

EDIT3: trying to unlock all Hard stages again, I die like 4 times on stage 4 while using only ONE FUCKING BOMB. And then I clip Murasa's opener. Not even the survival capture could prevent extreme rage.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:15:48 PM by Bananamatic »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #518 on: October 21, 2009, 04:24:15 PM »
Since I beat PoFV Lunatic yesterday I thought I might as well try and do the same for PoDD. Things seemed more difficult but manageable, and I thought I was doing pretty well. Then I get to Stage 7.

SEVEN LOSSES IN A ROW TO MIMA HELL YEAH

Ragequitted after that. Man, I can't deal with her L3 and boss summon at the same time at all, that combo is pretty nasty.
Let's fight.

« Reply #519 on: October 21, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
I love it when I run into a fairy after Alice's second midboss battle in PCB Stage 3 Hard because the spell card bonus text covered the bullets :V

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #520 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:23 PM »

FFFFF
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #521 on: October 21, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Gaah... So close to getting a no focus run of PCB Easy as Marisa B... Got all the way to 12 seconds left on Resurrection Butterfly before finally game overing...

theshirn

« Reply #522 on: October 21, 2009, 07:10:11 PM »
Crap.

I'm not good enough to play Lunatic (LLS is like Hard), but I don't want to replay Hards that I've beaten already and I REALLY don't want to play SA or UFO, because they suck.  But grinding Lunatics is not fun simply because of the ridiculous time investment it takes to get out of Stage 1 without dying, or Stage 2 without dying THREE TIMES.

Bah.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #523 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »
I cant FUCKING believe it
RAAAAAAAGE
GOD damn IT.
I couldve cleared EoSD extra ages ago but I just couldn't get that 1 try. and now I freaking reach Q.E.D. I spend my last bombs (why wouldn't I?) even death bombed two or three times. And I do a AWESOME dodge in the end and I hear flandre going *boomboomboom sparky sparky sparky* so I went like YEAH I CLEARED IT *DEEEEEW* WHAT? I see [F] items everywhere and I get a score screen.... so apparently I died AFTER flandre died..... GREAT!!11!!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5532

*Sighs* Ah well, time for another run >.>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #524 on: October 21, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
I cant FUCKING believe it
RAAAAAAAGE
GOD damn IT.
I couldve cleared EoSD extra ages ago but I just couldn't get that 1 try. and now I freaking reach Q.E.D. I spend my last bombs (why wouldn't I?) even death bombed two or three times. And I do a AWESOME dodge in the end and I hear flandre going *boomboomboom sparky sparky sparky* so I went like YEAH I CLEARED IT *DEEEEEW* WHAT? I see [F] items everywhere and I get a score screen.... so apparently I died AFTER flandre died..... GREAT!!11!!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5532

*Sighs* Ah well, time for another run >.>
Don't worry, this happens to almost everyone at least once when going for an EoSD Extra clear/Q.E.D. capture, myself included. You need to be prepared for Flan exploding for at least a second, and the last part of Q.E.D. is the really hard part. Keep at it. :V
Let's fight.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »
You need to be prepared for Flan exploding for at least a second, and the last part of Q.E.D. is the really hard part.
The most rage thing is if you lose your last life so long after beating a spellcard, it still says you captured the card

That happened to me on Ran's survival once. It looks... interesting... when it happens.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #526 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »
Happened to me with Yorimasa Genzanmi once....oh the similiarities between Nue and Flan :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #527 on: October 21, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
The most rage thing is if you lose your last life so long after beating a spellcard, it still says you captured the card

That happened to me on Ran's survival once. It looks... interesting... when it happens.
still 0/2 on Q.E.D. here  :'(
Nevermind, I fail because I spend 2 bombs on it *crawls back into corner*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:13:28 PM by Kawaii Yokai »

« Reply #528 on: October 21, 2009, 09:07:55 PM »
Going for QED will almost inevitably result in situations like that. Happened to me twice before i managed to get it on my irrc 4th attempt.

I've heard many people talk about QED being really hard and all, and while that most certainly is true it is absolutely nothing against the evil, malicious Scarlet Gensokyo. (Ain't Flan supposed to be stronger than Remi?)

Also, is it abnormal to have your game register more QED Captures than captures of "And Then Will There Be None?"?

Bananamatic

« Reply #529 on: October 21, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »
Scarlet Gensokyo? Almost got it on my second attempt, but Remi decided to wall me(which is the difficulty I think).
Meister on the other hand....
 :V

« Reply #530 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
Scarlet Gensokyo (Lunatic) can do a lot of nasty stuff. For example i have experienced a delay in the bullets spawned by the bubbles which means the bullets appears out of nowhere shortly after the bubble was past. I was standing there. Bullet spawn on hitbox. Die. That ended Kefit's no-focus run. You know the rage one.

Then there is the walling issue as well. That robbed Gil of his all-spell capture run.

Of course Meister is nasty as well but that can be bombed and killed fairly quickly. Scarlet Gensokyo can't.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #531 on: October 21, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
Scarlet Gensokyo (Lunatic) can do a lot of nasty stuff. For example i have experienced a delay in the bullets spawned by the bubbles which means the bullets appears out of nowhere shortly after the bubble was past. I was standing there. Bullet spawn on hitbox. Die. That ended Kefit's no-focus run. You know the rage one.

Then there is the walling issue as well. That robbed Gil of his all-spell capture run.

Of course Meister is nasty as well but that can be bombed and killed fairly quickly. Scarlet Gensokyo can't.
I didn't really appreciate quite how hard Scarlet Meister was for a long time; I'd heard the rumours and bombed it on my Lunatic 1cc but it just seemed like another one of those 'lots of bullets' cards, like Hell God Sword or Illusionary Dominance, while Scarlet Gensokyo was where the difficulty was at. How very wrong I was. :V

Scarlet Gensokyo walls are slow and you can move out of the way if you see them coming early enough. Scarlet Meister, on the other hand, can and will wall you more often than Gensokyo, and the walls are made way more difficult both because they're insanely fast and they're clusterfuck-full of the really annoying round fat bullets with the too-big hitboxes, and on top of everything else your survival is more or less dictated by Remilia's random movement. I can capture SG around 1/3 of the time these days; my capture rate for Scarlet Meister is 1 in over 200 attempts. <_< Easily, EASILY the hardest card in EoSD.
Let's fight.

« Reply #532 on: October 21, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »
Basically when a card gets that hard i wouldn't even call it hard anymore. Just bad design that can't be overcome without endless dedication to just one single card. It shouldn't be that way.

Oh... and Byakuren just gave me rage. First and final card being the primary reason. There is nothing that i hate more than getting LFS down to the red waves and then die and if you die the card becomes even more merciless.

And the first card seems pretty much impossible to me. No matter where i go, i get blocked off.

Bananamatic

« Reply #533 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
And the first card seems pretty much impossible to me. No matter where i go, i get blocked off.
ReimuA's bomb sound effect now plays in your head. :V

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #534 on: October 21, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »
I just now noticed this topic is called "Parsee RAGE thread" over "touhou RAGE thread."

To be on topic, I shall rage at that.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #535 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:10 AM »
JESUS CHRIST STAGE 4 HARD KILLS ME =(

First try UFO Hard got to Shou. Not too bad. Lost something like 5 lives to Stage 4 + Murasa =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

theshirn

« Reply #536 on: October 22, 2009, 03:09:24 AM »
so help me if PoDD kills me again on stage 2 I'm going to put an axe through my computer

EDIT:
so I've started playing PoFV like PoDD, which means no shift button

this is not a wise move

nevertheless I made it to Komachi with two lives on Lunatic  (Sakuya and Aya took one each; also, Aya is a piece of crap)

that was the worst play of PoFV ever

I hit stuff nowhere near my hitbox

I chain died all over the place

my last life had me hit the bomb button with a full gauge, followed by a clear

only the clear was me dying instead of Komachi

what

what

what

no seriously

what
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:47:43 AM by A Terrible Person »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #537 on: October 22, 2009, 06:10:51 AM »
Dammit I suck at IN. I still should be able to 1cc though.

All the practice I did last night (which was only 1 hour tops) has led to "Fantasy Seal -Blink-" being captured, but failing just about everything else.

Restarted. Turned things around a bit in Stages 1-3. But... failed "Invisible Full Moon" due to lol-clipdeath.

And messed it up again because of stupid deaths (2 of them) during Stage 6.

Analyzing more replays.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:14:54 AM by Baity »
<>

Formless God

« Reply #538 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »
It's quite normal for a first 1cc.

Ah... that's why Donut's UFO Lunatic 1cc was full of bombs :D

I took Baity's cue and started playing IN's spell practice at x1.5 speed, even x2 speed on rare occasions (brings my computer near to a meltdown though). It worked.
By then, you should have developed enough skill to be able to do most things (very unlikely I would imagine  :V), and maybe even develop your skills through other means. Playing for perfection is one way of "training" yourself at that point. Another is to do a full run at a lower difficulty and adding handicap(s). Or even IN Spell Practice with "extreme" handicaps. And last but not least, playing for score can teach you quite a few things.

If you get creative with this, it can turn out to be great practice.

Thanks for letting me know.
But.... how do you play at x1.5 and x2 speed though ? And why did it bring your COMP comp to a near meltdown ? O_o

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #539 on: October 22, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »
Eh ? But how ? D: Was it ... fast ? o_o

The time itself doesn't matter, the fact that you can is what's important. Though there are still many players that are severely worse than I am, I'm still on the other side of you guys (can't clear EoSD Normal Stage 6 on Practice lolwhut). I guess it's because of lack of practice, but I can't easily find time to play Touhou anymore due to school activities and work (Like now, I need to marathon 5 drawings for a school project FFFF). Oh well, I try my best to play on weekends
Spoiler:
right before I sleep haha.

Heh. That itself is rage-worthy in its own way. :V
Spoiler:
I need to become more of a masochist.

Spoiler:
Also rage at your well done artworks