Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 158028 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »
I'M A ⑨
SON OF A BITCH YAMA
DO YOU WANT A HOTDOG?
DO YOU WANT A RAPEWALL?
KOMACHI IS PIG DISGUSTING
SHIKI IS A MURDERER
FUCKING ZUN

copypasta aside, tried Lunatic PoFV for the first time with Cirno. Died against Reisen(expanding orbs, awesome), Aya(no surprise, overpowered as always) and Yuka(almost got her on the first round, but the AI decided to pull uber skills for the last life)

but fuck
shikieiki
this stuff isn't fair
could of got a 1cc on my first lunatic attempt, if only she wouldn't throw so much shit 5 seconds into the fight

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »
Shiki on all difficulties loves to dodgehax while throwing stuff that makes you wish you could dodgehax as well. Same with Komachi/Yuka and Aya/Medicine to a lesser extent. Then somewhat for whoever's on stage 6, though much less so than the later enemies.

« Reply #452 on: October 19, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
In LLS Normal, getting all the way to Yuka's Master Spark and then getting hit twice and having to continue. I was so close to unlocking my first extra stage. :(

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #453 on: October 19, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »
In LLS Normal, getting all the way to Yuka's Master Spark and then getting hit twice and having to continue. I was so close to unlocking my first extra stage. :(

Yuka's spark is nasty, I strongly recommend bombing it.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #454 on: October 19, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
Yuka's spark is nasty, I strongly recommend bombing it.
Master Spark, yes.  Double Spark is quite doable.

Also, WHY THE HELL CAN'T I BOMB IN SoEW?  NO DEATHBOMB DOES NOT MEAN NO BOMBS AT ALL

AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY HITBOX

APPARENTLY IT'S MY ENTIRE SPRITE

BECAUSE HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL THERE WAS NO BULLET EVEN REMOTELY NEAR ME

WHAT THE HELL

GODDAMN IT WHAT THE HELL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #455 on: October 19, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
Rage
Welcome to SoEW! We have what we like to call negative deathbombing, and our bullets' hitboxes are bigger than the actual bullets! Also, our bullets will occasionally shoot bullets at you for no real reason. We have an awesome final boss theme, though.
Let's fight.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #456 on: October 19, 2009, 07:27:56 PM »
Only my second time using Mystia...

Goddamn. it was SO FUCKING CLOSE.
Noraml Modo by the way.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #457 on: October 19, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »
    * Easy
    * Normal
    * Hard
    * Lunatic
    * Fucking impossible
    * GODrake
    * FlanChan.zip
    * StB

fix'd
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #458 on: October 19, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
Aya(no surprise, overpowered as always)
Protip: All her attacks are streaming.

Bananamatic

« Reply #459 on: October 19, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »
Protip: All her attacks are streaming.
It's kind of hard when your screen is filled with crap already :V
And her boss attack takes a bloody long time.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #460 on: October 19, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
Just failed a pretty awesome-looking HRtP lunatic 1cc attempt while recording, but maybe it's a good thing I failed, because I forgot that Fraps arbitrarily will not record while the emulator is full screen. >_<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ebarrett

« Reply #461 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
Fraps
emulator

please elaborate, and you'll get 40 virgins when you go to heaven

nintendonut888

« Reply #462 on: October 19, 2009, 11:53:25 PM »
Fraps will record on the emulator, but only T98 Next and only when not full screen. Frankly I want to know how you're getting Hypercam to work whilst recording sound. D: For some reason it will never record sound with me. If you could teach me how to do THAT you will get 100 virgins.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #463 on: October 19, 2009, 11:59:38 PM »
It's kind of hard when your screen is filled with crap already :V
And her boss attack takes a bloody long time.
It's true that you can get walled unexpectedly by random bullets, but blue bullets are somewhat aimed at your position, so all you really need to watch for are the pink ones so long as you aren't just micrododging everything.

There's a trick to each of her boss patterns too, but I don't remember what they are off the top of my head, since I haven't played PoFV (or an Aya user) in forever.  In general though, boss attacks are easily destroyed by level 1 bombspam, especially for characters like Yuka, Reisen, and Marisa, so if you haven't been using those, you might want to start.

And if all else fails, the game allows you to abuse level 2 bombs for a reason :V

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »
Fucking Shikieki arghhh why do you suddenly become insanely good at dodging at half a yin-yang orb?! I swear, she got down to half an orb by 30-60 seconds into that match while I was still at full health and then just kept going for another two minutes until I eventually died. >_<

Also, Wind God Girl doesn't even sound like music to me anymore. All I can hear is STREAMING.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:05:24 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

ebarrett

« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
Hypercam + sound

There's a "record sound" button on TWO screens, I don't know what could possibly be happening. My version is 2.14.04.

If the problem is just that it will auto-stop with sound, though:

-disable everything you can in the background
-set screen resolution and color depth to as low as possible
-set audio quality to something very low, I used 8 bit/11025 sample rate
-set fps and frame compression rate to as low as you think it's tolerable
-try a bunch of times because sometimes it auto cancels just to spite you, restarting the emulator helps here
-if after three or four tries it still doesn't work, lower fps/compression rate even more, I ended up capturing that PoDD run at something like 15fps/65% compression rate.

Trying to record with HyperCam without sound gives me trouble. It just captures frames at the specified compression rate as fast as it can and puts them together in the video at the rate you told it to, without actually getting close to capturing them at the correct rate.

nintendonut888

« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2009, 12:28:27 AM »
See, I've checked both of those "record sound" buttons and it doesn't work. You have a different version than me though.

Anyway, just managed to record a Makai route lunatic 1cc, but it's certainly not much in the way of good looking...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2009, 12:40:04 AM »
Unmute Audio Input. You should be able to configure that from "Sounds and Audio Devices" or something like that via Control Panel.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2009, 12:48:13 AM »
Except there is no such option in the control panel. :(

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2009, 12:51:54 AM »
* Baity requests a person who uses a Vista OS

Well, here's hoping that my brother jumps online via MSN. Until then, I have to wait.
<>

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »
Fuck, just went back to XP. I do remember that Vista Ultimate had individual Volume handling for different programs, through Volume Control.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:49 AM »
I just played HRtP for the first time and I find it in no way fun at all.

« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2009, 02:49:46 AM »
I use Vista :O.  If you right click the little speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, then click "Recording Devices", you'll find a menu of your devices.  You should see something like Stereo Mix or something like that.  If you don't see it, right click and check, "Show disabled devices".  If you STILL don't see it, chances are you have a crappy SigmaTel sound card that doesn't support Stereo Mix for whatever reason.

If you still have issues, specify them and I'll help you best I can :X.

On another note, Youmu stole an entire run from me today....  And I swear that if the time slowing thing didn't happen, I'd have a higher success rate on her cards =_=.  Half of my deaths are running into bullets because I didn't know the time slowing was going to end right then :(

theshirn

« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2009, 03:55:59 AM »
[23:54] <theshim> hahahahahahahahahahahaha
[23:54] <theshim> so
[23:54] <theshim> so
[23:54] <theshim> I finally beat Kikuri without continuing
[23:54] <theshim> 1/3
[23:55] <theshim> and the GAME FREEZES
[23:55] <theshim> ha

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2009, 04:01:33 AM »
I use Vista :O.  If you right click the little speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, then click "Recording Devices", you'll find a menu of your devices.  You should see something like Stereo Mix or something like that.  If you don't see it, right click and check, "Show disabled devices".  If you STILL don't see it, chances are you have a crappy SigmaTel sound card that doesn't support Stereo Mix for whatever reason.

If you still have issues, specify them and I'll help you best I can :X.

On another note, Youmu stole an entire run from me today....  And I swear that if the time slowing thing didn't happen, I'd have a higher success rate on her cards =_=.  Half of my deaths are running into bullets because I didn't know the time slowing was going to end right then :(

Congrats, you fixed it. Stereomix was disabled.

ebarrett

« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2009, 04:11:45 AM »
Speaking of PC-98 and audio, I just noticed I *could* have avoided the video/audio desynch I got on the PoDD videos by, y'know, using VirtualDub correctly. Considering whether to fix it and re-upload everything, though I'll probably just record another run with better quality anyway.

On-topic: playing as Reimu, died twice to Ellen. I suddenly unlearned how to dodge her boss-generated EX spam. Then I thought, "the AI could get in trouble with these" and went on to get crushed on stage 2 with her because her charge speed is SLOOOOOOOW

And then I picked Mima for a change and failed horribly again because anything below Reimu's lightspeed charge throws my lvl1 spam rhythm off  :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #476 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:16 AM »
[14:54] <theshim> hahahahahahahahahahahaha
[14:54] <theshim> so
[14:54] <theshim> so
[14:54] <theshim> I finally beat Kikuri without continuing
[14:54] <theshim> 1/3
[14:54] <theshim> and the GAME FREEZES
[14:54] <theshim> ha
[14:55] <GOAST_WHEELS> unlucky
<>

theshirn

« Reply #477 on: October 20, 2009, 04:19:30 AM »
Game overed to a bullet I CLEARLY DODGED with a bomb in stock on Mima's final attack.  Bloody hell, that should have been a Hard 1cc.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #478 on: October 20, 2009, 04:23:37 AM »
CLEARLY DODGED
Mima's final attack.
There's your problem.

See? This screenshot is 1 frame away from death.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #479 on: October 20, 2009, 04:46:29 AM »
To be honest, I'm not crazy about the sound quality I'm getting from Hypercam, but the real pressing issue is how all the colors are reversed. D: Any idea how to solve this?