Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 157725 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 01:45:43 AM »
I clear the game with 5 extra lives, but the replay desynced at Utsuho.

It'll do that.  Your replay isn't corrupt or anything, it's just that SA has a tendency to desync right at the beginning of the Utsuho fight.

So I've noticed, with all three of my Reimu C 1cc's...

Damn. I was really proud of that replay, and I hoped it wouldn't desync again.

You can remove the desync when you replay it from stage 5 without any fastforward :V

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2009, 01:49:28 AM »
I clear the game with 5 extra lives, but the replay desynced at Utsuho.

It'll do that.  Your replay isn't corrupt or anything, it's just that SA has a tendency to desync right at the beginning of the Utsuho fight.

So I've noticed, with all three of my Reimu C 1cc's...

Damn. I was really proud of that replay, and I hoped it wouldn't desync again.

You can fix it by starting at stage 5 and fast-forwarding it to Okuu.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the post above me.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:46 AM »
Come on, roommates. We all go out and have fun for a bit, but when we get home, you turn on your Family Guy and DBZ Abridged and keep the volume up so loud. I'm just trying to 1cc UFO Easy so I can justify reaching Murasa's final attack on Normal, but your volume makes me lose lives on Ichirin's nonspells and I Game Over on Stage 5.

Why you guys gotta be that way?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
roommates
ITT Jan-san learns why many college students lose their faith in humanity.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2009, 02:22:36 AM »
D:

Quick, while one is gone and the other is in the shower! Time to fail at UFO Easy because I've played it so many times today!

Edit: Game Over'd just past Stage 5 Nazrin due to losing lives on EASY KOGASA (Roommate dropping things in the shower) and my other roommate coming in and talking to me about the Microwave during Stage 4.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:49:08 AM by Jan-san »

ebarrett

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2009, 03:17:34 AM »
First serious IN lunatic try with Border Team, game over at Hourai Jewel (entered with only one bomb in stock). Reason for RAGE? Earlier in the run I died to one of Keine's nonspells with three bombs in stock - after having already died once to it. With goddamn Border Team. That makes it two lunatic 1cc attempts in three days that I really, really should've pulled off, after choking horribly against VoWG two days ago.

edit: oh, and somehow I also managed to not get to 1100 item points. I mean, really, what the hell.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:22:34 AM by ebarrett »

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2009, 03:38:16 AM »
Hey Jan, try getting some sound canceling headphones or something like that, it won't completely mute the TV or anything, but it will make it slightly more tolerable.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 03:42:13 AM »
I used to have an expensive pair, but my brother broke them years ago. I really liked them too... Whenever i get a job, though, I'll definitely look for a quality pair.

Nice to see you Kanako~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 04:07:53 AM »
I do NOT accept what just happened. After doing MUCH better at HRtP lunatic (even though I lost 6 lives against Yuugen Magan. :'V), I entered Sariel with max lives. She got me down to no lives pretty quick thanks to her NOT FREAKING CHANGING PHASES ON THE ONE IT'S HARDEST TO HIT HER ON), but I bomb spammed to her easy last phase. This is easy, right? For safety though, I decided to use my two remaining bombs if anything came up. Something came up, so a second in advance, I do the cute little button combination to bomb...

IT DIDN'T REGISTER. I DIED. EVEN THOUGH I HAD ENOUGH BOMBS TO SPAM HER TO DEATH. If there is one problem with this game, it's the bombing. Couldn't ZUN have picked a button input that didn't have a chance of not registering or better yet find a convenient button to just map it to in the first place?! I mean shit, the ONLY reason I failed my second Makai route lunatic 1cc is because I pressed them wrong!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 04:10:36 AM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 04:15:15 AM »
I decided last night to make it my goal to win at least one round against the lunatic match play AI as Mystia.

You can probably guess why I'm posting here.

nintendonut888

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 04:25:48 AM »
THERE! KONNGARA KNOWS WHAT'S UP! SHE LETS ME 1CC LUNATIC WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT! WHY DOES SARIEL HAVE TO BE SUCH A PARTY-CRASHER UH?

THIS SHOULD GO UNDER ACCOMPLISHMENTS BUT RAAAAAARGH.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
EoSD Extra : Trying to do the stage without shooting or bombing, or at least finding out if it's even possible (I'm afraid of those streaming fairies at the end). The first part is not too hard, I'm currently 2/2 on timing out Silent Selene, but I'm absolutely pathetic at Royal Flare. 1 death on the part I micromemorized, then 2 deaths because I suck at reading patterns. At least I found out the way I positioned myself in the second wave is the perfect place to get walled, so I might do better next time.

I'm tired for now though, so that'll have to wait. I mean, I phased out like 5 times during Silent Selene.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

ebarrett

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 04:45:50 AM »
Another lunatic IN run - didn't die with bombs in stock, got the 1100 point items 1up.... and arrived at Hourai Jewel with only 2 bombs because in fear of messing up again, I bombed a bit too liberally, including when about to capture some cards. Also epic fail against Salamander Shield forcing me to deathbomb and bam there go two bombs I should really have kept.

Anyway, and here I was thinking Border Team wasn't that hot above normal difficulty.  :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 04:55:34 AM »
Died on Utsuho's last spellcard with a no focus/formation shift ok Marisa B run.

I might as well be playing Normal with the no visible hitbox patch, dammit.

Scooter1000

• Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 05:39:56 AM »
I just game over'd at 'Hell's Artificial Sun' again...

Why...? Why... why..

ebarrett

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 07:00:44 AM »
Third IN lunatic attempt in a row. 19 cards captured, but dying twice with bombs in stock during stage 4 - for a total of 4 bombs wasted - once by ramming a single, slow-moving bullet sideways with pretty much nothing else on the screen - and then dying for a third time by ramming another bullet sideways while trying to get one of the bombs dropped by the fairies just before Marisa when there was pretty much zero chance of doing so because I was really screwing up that stage 4 - meant I again entered Hourai Jewel with a single bomb. Got it down to about a quarter health but it's just too easy to end up trapped while trying to switch directions.

Bananamatic

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF SO CLOSE

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »
I had about 40 minutes of free playtime to do a run today.  All 40 of those minutes were spent trying to get past EoSD stage 1 and failing.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
I had about 40 minutes of free playtime to do a run today.  All 40 of those minutes were spent trying to get past EoSD stage 1 and failing.

...Shouldn't this go in the "Embarassing Moments" thread? Heck, even I can do EoSD stage 1 on Lunatic easily the vast majority of the time if I don't go too far on grazing for no reason <.<; Even then I usually succeed... Though Demarcation on Lunatic is actually rather annoying :V

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »

...Shouldn't this go in the "Embarassing Moments" thread? Heck, even I can do EoSD stage 1 on Lunatic easily the vast majority of the time if I don't go too far on grazing for no reason <.<; Even then I usually succeed... Though Demarcation on Lunatic is actually rather annoying :V

Depends.  If your goal is "don't die or bomb on stage 1", things change.  You pretty much have to weave back and forth unfocused to get those power items if you want to be 60~ by boss Rumia.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 10:22:44 PM »
Shikieki on Normal... WHAT THE HELL?!!! I can't beat her even if I get there with three lives >.< What the hell what the hellwhatthehellwhatthehellwhat...the...hell...? *sob*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
Shikieki on Normal... WHAT THE HELL?!!! I can't beat her even if I get there with three lives >.< What the hell what the hellwhatthehellwhatthehellwhat...the...hell...? *sob*
Her special bullet things... ah... whatever they are; they actually have very small hitboxes. The red lines on the sides and a good bit of the front (probably the back too) have no hitbox on them.

Its very annoying to dodge them still, because its hard to gauge where the hitbox is when they move fast and in huge amounts.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ebarrett

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:20 PM »

Tip: move fast, and move a lot: macrododge everything you can by changing sides often. And if changing sides turns out to be impossible, dodge upwards near the corner until about midscreen until the shitstorm calms down - it's safer than taking your chances at the bottom.

Also, what character are you using? There are a lot of factors which can make Shikieiki's difficulty vary wildly depending on your character - mostly your special's bullet speed (for story mode, the slower the better - when they get reflected at you they're also slower), a decent scope (quick and practical), and preferrably a quick charge.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2009, 11:19:56 PM »
The character I'm using? I've been trying with Komachi and Marisa, but I think I'm gonna try with Youmu now...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »
I'm doing great in SA with Marisa A. No deaths, beaten Satori, max life counter.

ORIN BRINGS ME DOWN TO THREE. WTF?

nintendonut888

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2009, 03:46:23 AM »
Erm...WTF? I think my score.dat for MoF is corrupted somehow. o_o I open the game up and there's this black box obscuring part of the lower half of the screen. I exit the game and try again, the box is gone, but now I realize extra is locked, my player data screen is a bunch of gibberish (a bunch of "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" specifically), and the music in the music room is locked saying that they have never played before in-game and do I really wish to see the comments? The weirdest part? It's not a score.dat reset because all the stages that were open in spell practice before are still open, and when I reach a spell card the history shows up same as always. So I don't know what the hell. Someone with Reimu B unlocked in lunatic mind sharing their score.dat so I can spare myself the effort of unlocking all this stuff again?

And more on topic for the reason I played MoF in the first place, SOMETHING always spoils a perfect Sanae run. That something is very often Takaminakata Invocation when it's not something else before it. It ALWAYS ends up walling me.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:41 AM »
ARGFRGN STAGE 1 OF ANYTHING HATES ME

off-topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM-3oDR4ti8 LISTEN NOW DAMN YOU ALL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2009, 05:04:40 AM »
off-topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM-3oDR4ti8 LISTEN NOW DAMN YOU ALL

I approve of this.

Now on topic:
STUPID CUNT MURASA'S FUCKING PHANTOM BULLSHIT HARBOR CLIPPED ME 3 FUCKING TIMES.

If ZUN had designed the Power system better, clip deaths would be less bullshit.  Right now in UFO, they are the biggest kick in the balls.

Scooter1000

• Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:20 AM »
Here's what happens EVERY time I go against Utsuho:

Opener: No problem here. I just graze the waves.
Nuclear Fusion: Misdirect the first wave of sun bullets, clipdeath on blue bullets x2, get tired of dying and bomb. I usually get left with 2 lives at this point.
2nd non-card: Bomb it and get life fragment.
Mega Flare: Attempt to capture, panicbomb.
3rd non-card: No problem on this one either.
Fixed Star: For some reason, I try and capture this one. There's a 40% chance that I'll die, but I try and capture it anyways.
4th non-card: No problems.
Hell and Heaven Meltdown: This is one of the few cards that I actually bomb when I feel like I'm in danger. And I bomb a lot.
Hell's Artificial Sun: Start this with 1-2 lives, bomb excessively, clip white bullet just as I'm about to bomb.
GAME OVER

I need help. ;_;