Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 157729 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2009, 06:45:51 AM »
Here's what happens EVERY time I go against Utsuho:

Hell's Artificial Sun: Start this with 1-2 lives, bomb excessively, clip white bullet just as I'm about to bomb.
GAME OVER

I need help. ;_;

I don't know how it works on Normal or higher, but on Easy, I mostly just judge where the "gravity" will take me through a wave of white bullets and stay still there. Not sure if that helps, but...

ebarrett

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2009, 06:57:40 AM »
Okku is being mean to me

I need help. ;_;

For the first card worry about the small bullets and just don't get hit right in the face by
Quote from: who knows?
GIANT FACE-MELTING BULLETS
which you can see from a mile away. It'll take forever but that's ZUN going "oh MAN I just had the GREATEST IDEA EVER for a final boss' opening spellcard, so I'll make it last TWICE AS LONGER as everything else." Can't blame him, though. For the second card treat everything as small bullets and just watch as the suns dodge you. (italics for dramatic effect)

Subterranean Sun is just bullshit fake difficulty though despite what the highest-level players claim. Apparently it's easy when you're a ninja pirate robot but some people fail to realize that at least 99,81% of the population are NOT ninja pirate robots.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »
I don't know how it works on Normal or higher, but on Easy, I mostly just judge where the "gravity" will take me through a wave of white bullets and stay still there. Not sure if that helps, but...

I tried that but all it seems to do is make it worse. There's barely any room between the red bullets even at the bottom. So if I let the suction pull me at all, It'll be too hard to navigate the red bullets, let alone the white ones.

The real problem is Nuclear Fusion, though. I usually end up losing half my lives on that and Heaven and Hell Meltdown. I tell myself to bomb it, but I always ignore myself and end up clipping one of the blue bullets.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:06:56 AM by Scooter1000 »

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
I tried that but all it seems to do is make it worse. There's barely any room between the red bullets even at the bottom. So if I let the suction pull me at all, It'll be too hard to navigate the red bullets, let alone the white ones.

Dodge Red bullets --> White bullets approaching --> Look for a gap (preferably a rather larger ones so you don't risk clip death, even if it means going as far as ~50 pixel or something) --> Position yourself in front of the gap --> **Stop moving** (You get sucked as fast as the red bullets do, they won't hurt you at all :) ) --> White pellet wave passes by --> Back down (don't crash back into the wave you just passed XD) --> repeat

Also, when you clear the card, if you see yourself helplessly getting sucked towards a white pellets wave, REMEMBER TO UNFOCUS.

It's really not that difficult compared to what other final bosses's last spellcards throw at you.
(Too gimmicky for a last spell maybe? Since it's gimmick/trick based, once you "see how it works", you start dying much less often, then you gain confidence, and then less clipdeath. :) )

Bananamatic

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »
I find Utsuho's first 2 cards a bit too hard....never captured them on anything higher than Easy. :V

EDIT: Virtue of Wind GODDAMNIT
like 50th clear with 1 stupid death
somebody post:kanakodwi:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:46:22 PM by Bananamatic »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »
I only capped Sub Sun once, but whenever I tango with it, I let the gravity take me through the gaps and worry about it as I come down.  As long as you are in the middle, you can read bullets from both directions.

Oh, and fuck Nuclear Fusion, if I see a clip coming, I will panic bomb.  If I actually clipped, I'll bomb immediately after.  Especially with ReimuB, I'll just run up to Utsuho before the invisibility expires and bomb the blue waves.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:19:10 PM by c l e a r »

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 03:41:16 PM »
I find Utsuho's first 2 cards a bit too hard....never captured them on anything higher than Easy. :V

EDIT: Virtue of Wind GODDAMNIT
like 50th clear with 1 stupid death
somebody post:kanakodwi:

OK

:kanakodwi:

Bananamatic

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
FUCK YOU KANAKO
almost a no death run, and almost VoWG capture - and I FUCKING CLIP IT AT THE LAST 1/10
GG

I EVEN CAPTURED HER BATSHIT OPENER
q.q

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
I just died with THREE BOMBS IN STOCK ON LLS STAGE 6 GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »
I just died with THREE BOMBS IN STOCK ON LLS STAGE 6 GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT

Stuff like this happens CONSTANTLY to me :V Just replace "LLS STAGE 6" with literally any stage in the series <.<;

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »
Goddamnit.

I was playing MS Lunatic and had four spare lives after the Stage 5 midboss, and I hadn't even reached the 300 point life yet. Cue a death on the pre-boss spam and four deaths within the first three phases of Yumeko. <_<
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »
Am I the only one who needs to warm up before I can attempt something?

When I first turn on touhou, I usually screw up the first 2 times....goes 2x for VoWG.

sweet fuck just let me capture it I've almost had it like 10 times.....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:41:34 PM by Bananamatic »

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
No, i guess you aren't. Sometimes, i just have to get back into the game before i can play at my full skill level.

My friend considers this weird but then again, there is a world of difference between Lunatic play and Easy play.

theshirn

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2009, 09:49:29 PM »
AHAHAHANO

SCREW YOU TOUHOU ZUN JAPAN SCREW YOU ALL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:10 AM »
Marisa dropped my FPS when I thought I had the Vsync patch working... Other than those two instances I think I might have acctually 1cc'ed IN on normal... The reason its here is because it told me to beat it again for extra...

(And that slowdown...)

theshirn

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2009, 04:33:07 AM »
BLOODY CRAP

First death on LLS Lunatic on Elly.  Second death on Elly, FOUR SECONDS LATER

I didn't even make it to stage 6 this time.  Honestly, WHAT THE CRAP

ebarrett

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »
Curse of Yuyuko strikes again: fourth PoFV Mystia lunatic 1cc which fails to save, making it six out of seven 1cc replays lost.

On the bright side, it was also the fourth consecutive 1cc in the five times I played Mystia's story mode on lunatic. But damn you PoFV save bug  :'(

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »
I was watching the SA Phantasm Stage on Niconico in school when some brats came by and made fun of it, telling me that I should play some "real" games like Diablo 3 and WoW (if you like it, it's fine for me) and that you can find stuff like that on Gameboy when it comes to graphics. These are the same brats who say that I'm only hearing "Mario-music" (their synonym for video games music, which is actually true, but I don't hear anything from Mario at all (anymore)) and that the music of the video sounds like shit.

I REALLY hate being the only japanophile (that means Touhou-fan in my case as well) on my school...

Bananamatic

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
> real games
> graphics
Mario would rip their asses.

NEED I SAY MORE
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:32:42 PM by Bananamatic »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »
Mario would rip their asses.

NEED I SAY MORE

First I thought "What the hell are you talking about?"
Then I say the history.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »
Bah. Failed my MS Lunatic 1cc at Devil's Recitation. As if I'd be able to beat that attack going in 0/0. Still, I'd ended up wasting quite a few bombs/lives on Stages 4 and 5... I think I've got this within a few more attempts, seeing as how hilariously easy Shinki's final phase is.
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »

:kanakodwi:

theshirn

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »
If I die on Orange one more time, I think I'm going to have to stop playing Touhou forever, before I smash my entire dorm to pieces.

Bananamatic

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »
I swore to myself that I wouldn't fap until I capture VoWG.

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
@VideoGameCrack: There are two solutions to the problem depending on the kind of persons we are talking about.

If we are talking about reasonable gamers: Tell them that a 2D shoot em' up can be equally as fun and sometimes even more fun than 3D games.

If we are talking about smartasses with no brains: Break some of their bones and tell them to respect other peoples tastes and opinions.

@Banamatic:

That's some serious tough luck. That spell can be evil at times. Today, i had to go six attempts at it before capturing it. I swear, the only reason timing that spell out is difficult at all is because of the walls it makes.

Oh and don't even consider such an inhuman oath... What would be the point of beating all Murasa's cards if you didn't go to bed to imagine her naked and tied to the very anchor that had killed you so much?

What would one tie Kanako to then? Maybe i should just stop here.

theshirn

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »
This isn't fun anymore.

I died on Orange.  Again.  Then died on Stage 1 when I restarted.  Twice.

Then got through Orange only to die before midboss Kurumi.

This isn't fun.  This is asinine and idiotic.

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
If we are talking about smartasses with no brains: Break some of their bones and tell them to respect other peoples tastes and opinions.

Also, if they really did say Diablo 3, be a smartass back and ask how exactly you're supposed to play a game that's not even done being made yet.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

theshirn

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8020/ohcomeon.png
I feel your pain.

For the billionth time, what are all of those numbers?

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
Also, if they really did say Diablo 3, be a smartass back and ask how exactly you're supposed to play a game that's not even done being made yet.

That's a very good question.