Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211783 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Okay. Just beat my first fangame!! Mystical Power Plant on Easy. (I don't care the ''easy'' thing, I beat a hard fangame that It's Easy level looks like common Normal official games!!)
Mwahahahahha!

PoDD Lunatic 1cc !

I've been battling with this game for nearly a year (on and off, naturally), so I'm glad I finally got it. :)
Lost one life to stage 7 Reimu, no-miss against Chiyuri (!) and lost three lives to Yumemi.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=37027

Stupid death at Kyouko was made up through no-death Seiga and Futo.

In total, took me about 20~30 tries, including all minor restarts.

...yeah, came a loooooong way since my last new Touhou game - SA took ~70, UFO way more than that, and those I've been playing since 2012.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:39:44 AM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
I know this is really not much, but it is still the first 1cc I've ever made.

1cc EoSD Normal (ReimuB)

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Oh wow... the 'no vert' during Alice's first midboss nonspell works like a charm!
Niiiiceee.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
More scoring improvements  :V

Got a run that scored 5 billion. Managing that in 15 full runs is weird, I don't even know how that run got 5 billion since there were misses/deathbombs on pretty much every stage. Guess I just made up for those mistakes by getting more time points from stuff. Replay file here.

Nice job Jovial!
Maybe your mistakes did count for much? most of them were out of spells

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

I'm still struggling to get my first normal 1cc, but things are looking up. I'm learning how to improve my decision-making so that I don't just mindlessly go in one direction and hope to not get hit, because that usually ends badly.

Got a run that scored 5 billion. Managing that in 15 full runs is weird, I don't even know how that run got 5 billion since there were misses/deathbombs on pretty much every stage. Guess I just made up for those mistakes by getting more time points from stuff. Replay file here.
Great work! Keep it up!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=37078

Yay, only Nitori left now :V

================================================================================

EDIT: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=37081

Got it :DDD
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:54:29 PM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

I did it -- I got my second 1cc of a Touhou game, namely PCB :) It was a no-focus run, as well.

It was quite a run, too. I was having one of those days when it took for ever to get off Stage 1, so I was getting pretty furious with myself, which of course only made me play worse -- but I couldn't just leave it, I had to have one run that at least reached the later stages so I wouldn't walk away feeling too awful. After a while, the anger gave way to resignation, and when I finally did get off Stage 1, I died twice to Chen and just sighed and kept playing. Another stupid death in Stage 3. At my current skill level I would expect to clear 1-3 with no deaths at least one attempt per session, so I had no hope at that point. Two deaths in Stage 4.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, I started playing good. No mistakes throughout the boss fight (of course I bombed Prism Concerto). Captured both of Youmu's openers. Even so, reaching Stage 6 with four lives, I wasn't expecting that to be enough. And then somehow, it all came together, and suddenly I'm looking up and I'm on Sumizome Whatsit and still have four lives left -- and I realised I was going to make it. No need to feel stressed at all; I could just coast through Resurrection Butterfly, which is how it should be. The awesome feeling of flying after all the enormous struggle it took to get off the ground.

Rubbish score, of course (480m), but there's always a next time  ;)

Koog

Today, I tried Hard MoF. I did quite good and reached Sanae, lost my final life against her... I'm quite happy!!
Mwahahahahha!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Yesterday, I 1cc'd RSS with Mop-of-Death Reimu on my first try. I also died halfway into the Extra boss's final card with Mop Reimu.
Spoiler:
Seriously, 3 health bars???
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
LoLK Perfect stage 1. Possibly the best stage 1 in any touhou game. 

Note: Sorry for the high slowdown rate (3.8%). The games FPS drop down to abysmal level whenever the bullets clear the screen. Otherwise, it plays at 60 fps.

Broke 300m on Normal legacy mode in LoLK!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:00:43 PM by ARF »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I couldn't decide were to exactly put this, since it could also be considered as a rage moment (Trust me I was certainly raging a bit towards the end...).

So, having already beaten the game 2-3 times on Normal, I decided to go straight into Lunatic (And Blind at that difficulty!), with the infinite lives mode! I mean, it does not matter how hard it is....

I mean, I  DO have infinite lives, and its only 3 stages, I should be fine, right...?

:]LOL :]

Sanae, are you okay?...

This was literally training from hell for me. I am absolutely no match at all for this game...

A run of about 1 hour, with almost 500 deaths....

I basically treated this as if it was the ISC No Item run that I did before... it might as well be that  :ohdear:

But oh well, it was fun to do this, and I GUESS its some sort of accomplishment on its own... maybe...

LoLK Legacy Mode Normal Clear

Youtube

ZUN is a sadist. Hardest touhou game ever imo
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

Well, just like IlikeBulletZ did, I guess I'll put this here:

So I decided to try Pointdevice on Lunatic immediately after trying out all of the characters on Legacy Easy, and... Yeah. 505 retries with Reisen there, and I think this took me a couple of hours. So many things drove me batty until I figured them out, or somehow fluked through them, or decided to spend one of my very few bombs on them. I think most of Doremy Sweet's spell cards were easier than her non-spells, since they took me far fewer tries to get through for the most part. However, for her final spell, I was kind of exhausted, and I had recently earned a bomb that I hadn't used yet, so after a few attempts, I decided to just use that bomb to help me finish the game (I think that was the only spell card I didn't end up capturing).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:43:08 AM by SomeGuy712x »

Andrew

• Retired player
Guess I'll post my pointdevice Lunatic clear as well:

After seeing how much trouble I had with stage 3's last spell even on normal, I made sure to save some of my bombs for that boss. That made things a little bit easier at least.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
This is better.

Retries cut by about 2.5. noiiice
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Pointdevice Lunatic Clear:

Game's hard. Stage 3 non-spells confirmed harder than the spellcards tho imo
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:40:39 PM by Hainiryuun »
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

Koog

I tried with Sanae...

Then, tried with Marisa...
Mwahahahahha!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Here's the fruits of the last three days of playing the newest Touhou demo:

First, a legacy mode lunatic 1cc. This took the better part of an entire day to pull off after getting a hang of the game in pointdevice mode:

https://www.mediafire.com/?1zo3ndhehzuzbez

And second, a screenshot showing I managed a no-bombs clear in pointdevice mode (spoil tagged because I'm not sure what the current status is on showing images from the game):

[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/trFC0Ym.jpg[/nsfw]

Really liking the demo so far. I look forward to the full version, though perhaps not so much for trying to legacy 1cc lunatic. 8(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:04:07 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Really liking the demo so far. I look forward to the full version, though perhaps not so much for trying to legacy 1cc lunatic. 8(

Same! The demo is amazing, I love the bosses and they're fun. Though I'm more focused on other things, such as...

PCB Lunatic 1cc!  :toot: :dragonforce: :getdown:

It was a ridiculous run, too. Captured Large Pentagram Crest (fairly rare even if it's her easiest spell), AND her Midboss spellcard, Phoenix Spread Wings, the one I find her hardest.

Had the easiest capture of Lingering Cold ever. Literally didn't have to deal with any of the dark-blue bullets, only the light blue aimed shots.

Bad stage 3, but meh :V
I clipped on Maiden's Bunraku =_=

Clip to Lily in stage 3 and bad Prismrivers run

Great run of stage 5 and I captured Components of Kompaku at the end of it in a hilariously pannicky fashion.
Oh, and I had a luckshit dodge at Youmu's first boss nonspell.

Nearly captured the spam but border broke at the last second :V
Great Yuyu fight but then 3 bomb clip on false final, leading me onto Resurrection Butterfly with 1 extra life and 2 bombs.
Thanks to my border/duplex barrier stalling strategy, I finished with no extra lives and no bombs. :V

The replay is here.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:27:44 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Giving Lunatic Pointdevice mode another go (I hope this mechanic is here to stay, because I am absolutely ADDICTED to this new mode!), managed to get to stage 3 without using a single bomb, and I actually died far less than on my first run somehow even then (which did use like 4 bombs to even get to stage 3)!.

Right now I am stuck at that laser spam + aimed bullets part. Despiste the difficulty of this section,  For some odd reason I really LOVE this part so much- I think I like dodging really fast lasers for some reason, I havent seen anything that has been this chaotic in the series anywhere else!

ZUN please dont nerf this part in the final version, its so FUN!

(Nerf the 2nd boss final spell which is seriously bordering on BS/cheap instead! Just a tiny bit, but seriously, that spell needs a nerf!)

Edit: Holy **** ******

I just passed the laser + aimed section!

It was something of a fluke, yes, but it definitivly felt less of a fluke than on my first run, were all planets aligned and I managed to pass it just by complete and utter luck. This one was more like 60% luck, rather than 95%...if that makes any sense...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:39:09 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

Managed a no-bomb point device clear, and wow is Reimu so much better now (I still think Sanae is the best, but at least Reimu's not crap like in DDC). 199 retry count, not terrible, but I feel I could get better.

looking pretty smug there for someone who just lost

The laser + aimed fairies in stage 3 are SO MUCH easier with Reimu (7 retries with Reimu vs. 100+ with Sanae), but the safespot on the second laser fairies is not possible with her. Doremy's midboss spell I just don't understand, so I had to time it out in the corner. and her second boss spell (the whirly one) apparently has a safespot, I'll look into that later. I did look into it, and there IS a safespot for the whole wave and it's always in the same place, but since the pattern spawns on a random position (and orientation?) it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get into consistently
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:39:57 PM by GMK »

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Third devicepoint run (Yep, addicted).

Well, other than the usual progress in getting better at the whole "Not dying like a retard every 5 seconds" thing, noteworthy is how I managed to pass the laser + Aimed bullets section... In like 5 tries...

It barely even felt like a fluke. I think I may have just gotten how to get past this part semi-consistently, although its nothing I would risk attempting to no bomb in a real run just yet, its something!

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
No bomb Lunatic clear on Point device mode with 26 retries. I pretty much got all the spellcards down and can captured them consistently except the final spell at stage 2. I still having a hard time reading those bullets ;_; Doremy's spellcards are all static and their pretty easy once you know how to do them. Except, of course, her bouncing lasers spell which can be tricky. Her non-spells are hard tho, especially the boss first non-spell. 10 retries or below with no bomb is a good target.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
It sure has been a while since I posted here, but I've done a thing. I caught Ultra Blind Nightbird, though I accidentally didn't save a replay the first time. Here's the second capture.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=37168

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY9C8iqyQ_M
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Managed a no-bomb point device clear, and wow is Reimu so much better now (I still think Sanae is the best, but at least Reimu's not crap like in DDC). 199 retry count, not terrible, but I feel I could get better.

looking pretty smug there for someone who just lost

The laser + aimed fairies in stage 3 are SO MUCH easier with Reimu (7 retries with Reimu vs. 100+ with Sanae), but the safespot on the second laser fairies is not possible with her. Doremy's midboss spell I just don't understand, so I had to time it out in the corner. and her second boss spell (the whirly one) apparently has a safespot, I'll look into that later. I did look into it, and there IS a safespot for the whole wave and it's always in the same place, but since the pattern spawns on a random position (and orientation?) it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get into consistently
Congrats on the clear. Yeah, Reimu's power definitely seems like it's back to more "normal" levels in this game, which is fine by me. I'm assuming the "laser + aimed" fairies section you're referring to is the one before midboss-Doremy, right? I'm curious how you manage to do it without bombing, the fairies zigzag so many times and I always end up cornering myself lol. I always found the second section of laser fairies to be much easier. Interesting that there is a safespot for Doremy's second boss spell, though I would argue it's not really needed.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.