Author Topic: Touhou NoR and DoC  (Read 5999 times)

Touhou NoR and DoC
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
Hai all~ Sorry I'm new on these forums but I was wondering
Has any of you tried the new expansion of Nightmare of Rebellion and Devil of Decline which was released on Reitaisai 11?
I was wondering what the expansion of NoR leads to and how easier DoC got ~
Thankies

http://www.gensoukyou.org/bose16/ <-- Link to New Expansion of Devil of Decline (Pretty much a balance of the game)

Re: Touhou NoR and DoC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:11:13 PM »
For NoR's Expansion, are you referring about the story ?

I wanted to mention that in the original PV Yukari had a different Last Word, multi-slash like, at the end Mamizou also did something like a full party Doppel attack, these were not in the base game, there is also a Doppel sprite for Watatsuki no Toyohime, who was not a regular doppel and I didn't see her listed anywhere as a pre-order one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0raRdSQr0
The base game had at least two exclusive sub-doppels, one of them provided Instant Death chance on Physical attacks, identical to the Growth ability Sakuya had in GoS.

I didn't play the expansion so I have no idea about entirely 'new' additions, but for gameplay changes regarding NoR:

(*) Max Character Level is now 99 instead of 70, Max Doppel and Sub-Doppel Level is 15 instead of 10.

(*) Enchant: now there's a random chance that if a weapon has Empty Slots it may 'learn' a random Enchant at the end of the battle.

(*) Enchant: You can now buy "Enchant Release/Cancel" at 250 POW, leaving an empty slot where previously another Enchant was present.

This is the best change, it eases grinding, a big complaint I had with Final Weapons previously was that S Class Weapons came with no Enchants, ruling them out of Rare Enchants, making almost universally the best weapons Class A & B with HP Absorption (Rare Enchant). Hopefully Rare Enchants can also be learned, and having 5-Empty Slots gives five times the chances to learn an Enchant. There was also this which hindered farming Rare Enchants in any other area than the beginning ('fixable' by dropping the lesser tier Enchants in advanced areas):
The larger pool of Enchants (Medium-Big) makes obtaining Rare Enchants more difficult than at the beginning of the game, HP Absorption are nearly null.

New-Game 1+12+8+14+10 = 45 Enchants (Counting Empty Slot)

Mid-Game 1+24+16+14+12 = 67 Enchants

Late-Game 1+36+24+14+14 = 89 Enchants (Double Enchant Pool reduces chances to about Half)

(!) The PV for the Expansion showed new weapons that looked like enhanced forms of the final Tier of S and B Class weapons (something resembling a True Kusanagi).

(?) Some of the Mini-Bosses from GoS and DoD were listed in the NoR blog, I am guessing these were meant to be added to NoR, of DoD there was Tiamat.

(*) Lesser Vampire was finally added as a sub-doppel, it won the poll ages ago.

It is also worth mentioning the base game had Missing Materials and Missing Recipes, the Damascus Steel had no Recipe, and the Barrier (?) Stones used for high-tier Enchants were unobtainable.

The game had two instances where the AI could and would cheat, and sadly the high tier elemental Spirits were able to do both:

- AI able to target backrow with short range attacks.

- AI with multiple actions cheating SPD via Mirror Image / Control Land Combo.

For Example Zhuge Liang is able to combo Mirror Image and Cosmic Liner on the very first turn, it may be able to bypass even a fast casting skill like Acala Sword if the character is not fast enough or even a Last Word I believe. Control Land isn't as fast but is still faster than a regular attack, rarely it casts with independent speed, for example when the Sylph uses 3-Actions it may respect SPD.

The No Life King was the most competent regular enemy in the game, it could come in pairs as well, but due to the AI having these adventages the Midnight + Luminescence combo were more dangerous (they are crap when they come alone though).

I hope those two are fixed in the expansion.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:47:12 AM »
Is is possible to play the DoD expansion from an unfinished save?

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:01:38 AM »
So where is the link on the DoD Festival Expansion? I've looked all over the website page and can't find it. All I see is "Event price: N/A" When I look in the Production Summary and Festival Changelog, and I just get what I'm looking at and not the dl.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:31:07 AM »
It's "Event Price : Pending", not "Event price: N/A".
It's also not an expansion. As in, you can just buy this and play through Gensoumaroku and Matsuri with only slight changes.
Signature

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:03:06 AM »
Silly me. It was right there at the front. Thanks, Sungho.
Maybe I'll get it, then.
But, I'll just see what the changes are before trying to continue my save with it.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
It's "Event Price : Pending", not "Event price: N/A".
It's also not an expansion. As in, you can just buy this and play through Gensoumaroku and Matsuri with only slight changes.

I know it's pending, I just used N/A because it's less characters to type. Why does it matter? What's really the difference?

N/A stands for not applicable, or no answer, so does it really matter to correct me on something so little?

Anyway, I looked through the patch notes and saw that spear weapons were buffed, that's cool.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:48:20 PM by ZXNova »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 11:40:49 PM »
While it isn't a big deal, they do imply different things. Pending means one is actually coming soon, N/A implies there isn't going to be one or something.

Anyway, yeah, plus the images of the DoD expansion show that now you can see what levels shikigami learn their skills at, which is pretty nifty. Since there's sooooo many, having a little more info helps decide whether you want to train it or not.

It also says they buffed some of the weaker Master characters. Sunny Milk surely must be one of them, awesome.

But yeah, it's like what they did in GoS Weekend; they tweaked balance a little and added a few convenient things, but it's mostly the same as having the normal game+expansion. Saves probably transfer to it fine. Also IIRC Festival was the name for DoD's actual expansion, Matsuri (my jap knowledge is weak but w/e). I've heard this one translates to Banquet?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
This one translates to Feast or Banquet, yeah, while the previous one (Matsuri) translates to Festival.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
Hello, you'll think i'm stupid or something but i need help with installing the games. Could someone translate this:
I know that the last one is for the serial but and the second one for the email but i don't know about the others.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:03:21 PM by biggs223 »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »
Hello, you'll think i'm stupid or something but i need help with installing the games. Could someone translate this:
I know that the last one is for the serial but and the second one for the email but i don't know about the others.
Thank you.

1st line: Register E-Mail Address
2nd line: E-Mail confirmation
3rd line: Username
4th line: Password
5th line: Password Confirmation
6th line: Serial Key

Hopefully that will help you. I may edit this post to make sure of things.

EDIT

Yeah, everything should be correct.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:55:46 PM by ZXNova »

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 04:48:22 AM »
It worked, thank you Nova, now I can enjoy the game.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
It worked, thank you Nova, now I can enjoy the game.

You're welcome kind sir.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
Sorry for bumping, but how to get access to the new areas in the expansion for NoR? ???