Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes  (Read 203075 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVIII: Marine Successes
« Reply #960 on: November 26, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
oh sorry bang, I totally didn't see that post. that's crazy bullshit you pulled there. congratulations. now upload the replay so we can all watch it :V

« Reply #961 on: November 26, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
Once Jaimers gets around to recording the video I will.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #962 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
It's only a silly FinalA run on an unplayed shot of an unplayed mode. I should not feel this good.

I still do.

-

Aaa, Congratiulations on the 1CC. I never played much MSD myself, but it seemed rather intense from what I experienced with it. Warmly waiting for a replay.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:27:01 PM by Vee »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #963 on: November 26, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
Wow congrats on the world record!

As for me, I had not played IN on a lot of time so I tried some spell practice and I suprisingly captured rather easily apollo 13 in one try, so I tried to timeout it and got the timeout in one try too.

wat

Also, a Greatest Treasure timeout

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #964 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
I forgot to mention this when I played Touhou for the first time in months, a few weeks ago.

[attach=1]

Tell me, do you see anything wrong here?

Zil

« Reply #965 on: November 26, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
It's only a silly FinalA run on an unplayed shot of an unplayed mode. I should not feel this good.

I still do.
A world record is a world record. Congrats Seppo! Will you be putting the run on your youtube channel? (And will you will be taking the high scores with other shots?)

Edit: On the topic of accomplishments, I got around to uploading this PoDD run that I did quite a while ago. It's kinda half good, half terrible, but I figured I'd mention it for lack of anything else to put here. There was a time when I honestly believed I'd never get Yumemi over 70mil. Now I think 80 can be done. And why on earth does Chiyuri have to turn the background white for a second when she appears? The bullets are literally invisible.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:54:47 PM by Zil »

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #966 on: November 26, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
Vee you crazy bastard, ongratulations on a world record.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #967 on: November 27, 2012, 02:08:38 AM »
PCB 91fps Phantasm clear. Because 90fps is too ordinary so I'm doing something that's practically the exact same thing without being the exact same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYgYnKLxZE

Took me like 6 attempts. It was in response to someone saying around an hour ago that my PCB Extra perfect Ran 1 billion run (which took way more attempts, spread out over a few months) looked easier than Malkyrian's 90fps Phantasm clear.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #968 on: November 27, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
Eh, thanks, everyone. I'm not sure if I should put it on Youtube, I'm unable to record at the moment myself, and I'm unsure if I remember to record it when I regain ability to do so. Also, it's an easymode run and not that special for people who are not me. I could put it up for archival purposes and for myself, but I'm rather sure that other people would not find it special. We'll see, maybe I'll enslave someone to record it like the lazy bum I am.

-

Congratiulations on the captures, clear and timeouts, too.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #969 on: November 27, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »
Eh, thanks, everyone. I'm not sure if I should put it on Youtube, I'm unable to record at the moment myself, and I'm unsure if I remember to record it when I regain ability to do so. Also, it's an easymode run and not that special for people who are not me. I could put it up for archival purposes and for myself, but I'm rather sure that other people would not find it special. We'll see, maybe I'll enslave someone to record it like the lazy bum I am.

-

Congratiulations on the captures, clear and timeouts, too.
I could help with recording, if you wouldn't mind that. A video from me wouldn't have the greatest quality, but it'd definitely be watchable.
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #970 on: November 27, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
Guyz, where are you?

Sorry. Missed it too. It's almost hard for me to believe that you actually did that having seen what the final stage looks like when TAS'ed. You saying you did this legit? Can't you send me the replay? I can't wait for Jaimers to record it!  :3

« Reply #971 on: November 27, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »
Finally got a 1cc of UFO normal with MarisaA.
I still don't get why my second clear of UFO with Reimu took like 3 tries, yet this one took 14...thanks Flying Fantastica for ruining nearly all my previous attempts.
Well, it doesn't really matter. I got a first capture of Byakuren's third spell (the one with curvy lasers) on the way, so that's cool.

Congratulations Seppo on the world record !

« Reply #972 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Congrats BangJan and Vee =)

Finally got around to 1ccing MS Normal with Reimu. I'd have done this a while ago if it didn't lag so much.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #973 on: November 27, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »
I captured "The Eight Million Laughing Gods" on Hard. Who's laughing now?
Not me. I hate that card so much. I won't be able to do it in an actual run, that's for sure. But at least I did it once.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #974 on: November 28, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is fairly terrible, but I still managed to get to Yuyuko's penultimate card before completely game overing on my fourth try through this thing, and that's pretty great in my book seeing as how I've now unlocked all stages save for the last for stage practice. I believe I used my first continue on Alice or something, which just goes to show how freaking broken the PCB continue system is far you can go despite needing to continue early.

I can already tell that there's gonna be a ton of memorization if I'm ever going to get this 1cc. God freaking damn. Also the award for pattern that's much harder than I thought it would be at 90 fps goes to Yuyuko's last non-spell. You know, the one that's almost completely aimed? Yes. That one is tough. Butterfly bullets suck.

Also for kicks/warming up, I tried to use Sakuya in the run before this one. Worst idea ever. How can you dodge ANYTHING with Sakuya's fast focus speed?

« Reply #975 on: November 28, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »
Good going everyone, it's very inspiring to see the community becoming so insanely good. And special congratulations to Seppo for becoming one of the few western WR holders!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #976 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:12 AM »
I've recorded and uploaded Vee's awesome score run to my channel. I hope it didn't turn out too badly. My laptop isn't super powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0hys4A0cs
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #977 on: November 28, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »

Just Sakuya pretending to be Chen. And it's a success because I cleared it.  :derp:

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #978 on: November 28, 2012, 02:44:30 AM »
Slow progress: STB and DS are now both unlocked through world 9, and worlds 1 through 5 are entirely completed in both.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #979 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:01 AM »
Well, this is exciting. Made it to Stage 6 on an LNBNT attempt for the first time, including a perfect Stage 5. I don't know what was going on in Iwafune. Or Sakuraiji.

Just watch this, holy balls. I'll probably laugh at this soon but I'm shocked I could pull this off.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #980 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »
duh, the 1DNB is up. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riqi09YmS5g

despite me being all angry over it, it's a good run and fairly impressiv, I'd say.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #981 on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
I Normal 1cc'd Mountain of Faith, which was a little bit easy, Subterranean Animism, which was very difficult, and Undefined Fantastic Object, which was even harder. yay :)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #982 on: November 28, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
duh, the 1DNB is up. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riqi09YmS5g

despite me being all angry over it, it's a good run and fairly impressiv, I'd say.
I guess memorizing the knives after the midboss fairies helps, but it's really not needed as long as you stall the waves for a bit, go up one side, freeze with at least ~65%, stall the waves, go up the other side, repeat. I do it consistently at 90fps.

... Redirecting Test Slave to the right looks really silly. I think redirecting to the left is easier.

Those criss-cross dodges at the last nonspell are "that one thing I suck at", but not only that but they're not necessary! Your freezes are powerful enough to finish her off after three - start at the center (ideally, at one of the sides), freeze, stream to a corner, freeze, go UP a corner, freeze, nonspell is done. I haven't tried this at 90fps yet but it's really not a problem to pull off every time at 60fps.

Good run! You capped Big Crunch so it has to be one.

Right. I definitely remember someone posting a No Ice Test Slave. I think it was Zil and it was unlisted, but I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:43:20 PM by BT »

Zil

« Reply #983 on: November 28, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
Quote from: Sakurei
I am convinced this is not possible without ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkHHX7RZ5c

;V

Yeah iirc guiding it left is easier, though right didn't really seem all that bad. And I don't know what you guys are so worked up about with Big Crunch. That time, Sakurei, you kept freezing too early, and you even ran away from her when you had enough time to finish her off before before you got crushed, I think. I could upload a replay of how I do it, later. It should be very simple, I think. The biggest threat in that stage is Blazing Star in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:49:21 PM by Zil »

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #984 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »
I wasn't actively trying to memorize the fairies. but with like 400 runs, you'll know eventually :V

I always re-direct it to the right. since I can do it consistently, it's alright, I suppose. haven't died to it since forever.

last non is a non-issue anyway, no matter how you do it. Unless you think the RNG screw you over hard with not leaving a proper gap to cross through, but eh...hasn't happened to me ever.

I capped big crunch many times only to die later against something silly and easy. So well. it just wasn't meant to be a perfect run until I lost my mind :V but yeah, for now it's all 90 fps.

welp, then it's possible, I just couldn't do it. ALRIGHT :V fine with me. as for the big crunch issue: yeah, I didn't do it optimally. Not that it really matters. as for the running away even though I had enough time thing: I am not looking at her helath bar. I heard the sound, alright, but that doesn't mean I could try and finish her off hastily, does it? did that once, died still. not risking it again. that sort of stuff. it gave me extra ice, too :V
blazing star is not difficult. like, at all. if even I can gold-medal it, then it's far from the most dangerous thing in the stage. Do post the big crunch video, though; if you care. I'd love to see how horribly wrong everything went :s

« Reply #985 on: November 28, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Okay, did my fourth Fairy Wars Extra run and managed to capture the rest of the spells i didn't have captures of before. This was in my usual state of morning retardation though (you know, the state of mind where you can fail twice on Masterspark Like Flashlight. Ugh how gross.)

Anyway, progress sign. Open Universe captured, Super Perseid captured and final spell captured. They didn't even feel very hard to be honest despite how terrible i've been playing otherwise. I even died on the stage... seriously. Looking forward to try more tonight when i'm properly awake.  :V

« Reply #986 on: November 28, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
Since Jaimers is being very slow with the video, I have a screenshot to prove that I did indeed 1cc MSD on extreme

Also, here's an ancient timeout of mine.

Youtube

Tumblr

Zil

« Reply #987 on: November 28, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
Do post the big crunch video, though; if you care.
Well, I was just going to upload a replay to gensokyo.org, but a video is easier, in a sense. Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCrrH81RfQ

It has three captures, for the hell of it. The first was pretty much all according to plan. There's really no dodging involved. It's all about timing. In the second one you can see that I froze a bit too late as the orbs started closing in the first time, so I didn't really get close enough to the outer rim. In the third one the freeze while I was hiding in the corner was also a little late, so I had to go through a wall that remained. (Maybe that could be avoided by using the left corner though.) Anyway, hopefully you can see that when things are timed correctly you pretty much have to dodge nothing.

I think I might try for a NMNB run myself now. I could never do it before because my keyboard was a traitor, though I guess that's no longer an issue.

« Reply #988 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Here's the replay of the MSD extreme 1cc for the interested. (Run th_dnh with applocale.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:09:27 PM by Bang Jan »

Youtube

Tumblr

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #989 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »
And I put my EoSD Normal 1cc on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifcfBY8SgaI

Commentary available in closed captions.