~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
How to get to grips with Touhou - general hints, tips and advice!
<< < (30/31) > >>
Aldnox:
This is super useful. Thanks for putting this together!
Tashi:
One good thing about Touhou is that, by becoming a regular player of a high difficulty (hard, for example) the below difficulty will not be much problem (In this case, Normal). Proof of this is that when I first started with Touhou EoSD, did not know I how to finish it in easy. After so much practice playing at normal (And 1cc it) at this moment I consider myself a normal player, able to 1cc player in this difficulty. Needless to say, if I decide to play a little the easy difficulty to see as it is, almost use no bombs and do not die (That ego, my god). Actually, this is simple logic.

I have to say it... I HATE LAZORS! It's me or they appear to have a larger hitbox than they pretend to have, because the last spell card of Nitori in MoF REKT me everytime (if I don't bomb. I'm the type of players that don't want to bomb so much  :getdown: )
ILikeBulletZ:
I really believe the "hugging aganist the walls while focused will make you move even slower  , allowing for ultra precise movement" trick should be somewhere in the OP.

I know I know, it seems kinda off seeing as another tip is to not just stay below and use most of your screen to dodge, but hey, it IS a good trick to know and can come in handy at times in my opinion, its not common but it certainly has its uses...at the very least a mention of it would not hurt?
Onion:
I have the issue most new players have, where I don't bomb enough.
But, when I die, I feel like "I can handle this" all the way up until I die!
How do I learn to feel "Now is a good time to bomb"?
Also, I'm playing EoSD, and I have doubts that deathbombing actually exists in this game. Out of curiosity, I've tried deliberately deathbombing, to no avail. Can it actually be done? Or was it not implemented yet?
SomeGuy712x:

--- Quote from: Onion on December 18, 2016, 04:25:00 AM ---Also, I'm playing EoSD, and I have doubts that deathbombing actually exists in this game. Out of curiosity, I've tried deliberately deathbombing, to no avail. Can it actually be done? Or was it not implemented yet?
--- End quote ---
You can indeed deathbomb in EoSD, but the timing feels much stricter than in later games, and I also feel like the timing window is kinda random. Like, sometimes I'm sure I had pressed the bomb button the instant I was hit, if not before, but I'll still die anyway. But other times, I'll feel like I was late on the bomb button, but the deathbomb was still successful. However, maybe that's just my perception playing tricks on me. I don't know. (Note that if you do successfully deathbomb in EoSD, it'll still add 1 to your "miss" counter at the end-of-game statistics screen, but I think that's because it counts the number of times you were hit, not the number of times you actually die.)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version