~Bunbunmaru News~ > Letters to the Editor

Boards are exploding! This is unprecedented serious affair.

<< < (3/3)

helvetica:
1) No
2) We're saving the DB, but not releasing it publicly, there's too much personal stuff and would be too much of an effort
3) Can't at the moment, I put it in the root but to make the software actually push the icon would require some coding effort that would be better spent fixing real bugs.

Winane:
1 & 2)  Well, dang.

3)  Really?  I thought simply putting the file in root was supposed to be sufficient.  (Anyway, are you sure you did that much already?  http://www.shrinemaiden.org/favicon.ico currently returns a 404 - Not Found page.)  Well, not a big deal, of course, and for the time being, not having the favicon here helps indicate whether each of my tabs is on the new or the old forum.

Now, is there a specific time you intend to kill the old forums?  It'd be nice to know exactly what our deadline is.

Edit:
Oh, and I take it there's no way to import the IN Score Editor thread into the new database?  For ages, I'd been meaning to reply to that, but never quite got around to it. :(  Well, I hope Le poussin at least re-registers here, eventually.

helvetica:
Why not import it yourself?  There's nothing magic we do, all the threads that have been migrated over here have been done by hand.  And yes there's a solid time, look at the announcement, that's when the old server's subscription ends.

Winane:

--- Quote from: TheStupidOne on May 22, 2009, 01:58:07 AM ---Why not import it yourself?  There's nothing magic we do, all the threads that have been migrated over here have been done by hand.

--- End quote ---
Well, I just thought it would be weird to have the topic started by me, even though I had no part in it.  And if Le poussin does return, he(?)'d probably prefer that he be the topic restarter.  Anyway, guess I'll give him a bit more time to reappear, and then start a thread quoting the worthy posts from that thread if he doesn't show up before [currently undecided arbitrary deadline].  I just wish SMF had a way of directly importing threads between forums, dealing with the differing user bases simply by not assigning the imported posts to any user's profile, as if the posts had been posted by unregistered guests.  Well, whatever.

...Another post that I procrastinated writing (for no reason that I can recall) was suggesting that you make the quote buttons available in the old forum, and just block the new post at the point of hitting the "Post" button, to make transferring material easier for non-staff.  But with so little time left, I guess by now it wouldn't be worth the effort to make that change, even if it maybe would have been doable a month ago.  *sigh*  Wish I weren't so lazy so much of the time without deadline pressure.  :(

--- Quote from: TheStupidOne on May 22, 2009, 01:58:07 AM ---And yes there's a solid time, look at the announcement, that's when the old server's subscription ends.

--- End quote ---
You mean the announcement at the top of the main board index?  I see a date there, but I don't see a time.

helvetica:
Assume at midnight?  Whenever the host decides to shut it down really, that's the day our sub goes out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version