~Beyond the Border~ > Aya's Personals Section
Chen Yakumo and MTG (Season 1)
(1/3) > >>
helvetica:
This thread is for the lovely lady Chen Yakumo to resist the gentleman's charm of Sir MTG.
Cabble:
Yes I am lovely~
Gappy:
A month ago she was the lovely, carefree young lady who spent her days cheerful, happy, free of all the woes and worries of the world. Now she would be a hero, a saviour, a saint, a deliverer of man. Her, young Chen.

That's what they told her.

But she can't help but wonder, wretchedly so, why should they hate her then? Why all the animosity, the hostility, all the stones and shouts. She who now bore the fate of all existence, the moral weight of such importance...must also bear all the evils man can contrive. 

Well, the direct answer as to why was obvious, as she sat on the edge of the windy cliff overlooking what was left of the world, a collapsed, empty shell of concrete and steel ruins through which desolate winds howled and cried, carrying the mist and dust of death and decay. The End had come. And she was one of The End's ultimate weapons, the destroyers, the reapers of man...she was youkai.

But her real question was 'why?'. Why her? She who had spent her life as a human, living amongst loved ones, as any normal human would. She who had never even heard of youkai until a month ago. She who would have been the first to stand up to save her human loved ones.

Why did it have to be her?

Why did they shun her, punish her, banish her, exile her, condemn her, curse her very existence?

But she had the choice - to turn her devastating powers on The End itself and the youkai that do his dark bidding in the name of all existence. But....would she do that? Would she do that for the humans who had forsaken who she was, incarcerated her for what she was, humiliated her, tortured her, left her to die? She idly poked the solid metal collar still clapsed around her neck. It was cold, dead to the touch. The only souvenir from the concentration camp she failed to hide. Everything else they gave her she managed to hide under her clothes...but this...

She has been wandering the wastelands born of the apocalypse for a little over 1 week now, ever since the youkai concentration camps were raided by a roving youkai warband. She was hungry, thirsty, but she dared not let her stomach think for her...

....for she craved human flesh.

With every weary step in the barren dunes, her inner youkai's ravenous rage tore at her human sanity. It was rising. It would soon win, perhaps. She didn't dare think of what might happen when it did. She steered clear of human refugee camps, not wanting to tempt the beast within any further. With nothing but the howling wind for company, she wandered on through the desolate outlands, intent on not inflicting herself upon others.

Only, despite her resolution to not find trouble....trouble seemed to follow her, in the form of a boy. He was thin and gangly, someone she remembered was always in the corner of the classroom, just another permanent fixture stuck behind a book, at least until the bullies come and pick up either the book...or him...or both. Why he persistently followed her, she didn't know.

Perhaps it was because she saved him from the youkai warband attacking the concentration camp? Did he think he would fare better with her? That she would protect him? Foolish, really. The boy couldn't do worse for survival than follow a youkai around. He might as well fillet himself and serve himself up on a silver platter.

...won't be long now...

He has been silent so far. At first he had tried to follow her at a distance, doing his best to hide behind the occasional car wreck, twisted lamppost, upturned dumpster....and failing miserably like a ninja in orange. Then after the first few days or so, he realized she had long since noticed, and began following her openly. About 100 meters behind at first....then 75...then 50....then finally 25, 10, 5....

At night, she would sometimes wake up to see him wide awake, sitting on high vantage point somewhere....as if watching for something. Was he watching her place of refuge? Or was he just wary about sleeping beside a youkai? Well, if it were the latter, he'd be wise.

But then...when did he sleep?

She would often shake off such thoughts in a hurry - no use worrying about the boy. If she showed that she cared, he'd continue following her...no, best if he took the hint and left her to herself.

Then today came. As she was sitting on the high, now barren cliff overlooking the remains of what was once her thriving home town, she found a rather raggy old bit of cardboard waved in front of her face. She traced the hand that held it, up an arm, up to, lo and behold, the boy, who seemed determined to stare off into the middle distance...or at least anything that was not her.

With a confused look, she took the proferred cardboard and found that it had something written on it, it neat cursive -

O'Lady, M'lady,
Dear Lady over yonder
Yes, you, please hear me

Cleaneth out your ears
Perk them up, O'let them twitch
I will say this once

You are not alone
I shall promise you this much
you will never be

Wipe away those tears
They foul your lovely visage
No, I am no lear

All I have are words
Love woven into haiku
Mere words that ring true

Cars, cash, diamond rings
I can offer no such things
Of wealth I've nothing

However, I have
An offering less fleeting
Eternal lasting

A home in my love
A wealth of true happiness
A life beyond life

A promise, unyielding
One true love, undying, forever
A heart, ever loving

This is all of me
No pretenses, fallacies
All laid bare for you

I truly love you
I desire to be with you
to make you happy

Your hand in mine own
My heart in yours, forever bound
Our fate against time

I shall stand with you
Against tempests, storms, the world
Even space, time itself!

Accept all that's me
Honest, true I shall be,For
I'm just MTG

Chen glanced up at MTG as she finished reading through the last of the bravado-filled nonsense. MTG cleared his throat, as if trying to swallow some hint of nervousness. He opened his mouth, closed it again....looked away, as if looking for something, up to the sky, down at the earth, then counted on his fingers, as if calculating something, but didn't seem to find what he was looking for.

Finally he took a deep breath and said, in a cracked up voice, "....I-I t-think you're cute....w-wait, no...I-I m-mean....I'm a-attracted t-to you....NO! That's not it....errr....I want to p-protect you! NO! That's not it either....I know y-you don't want t-to be protected....I-I know...you want to do this...alone....but...I don't want you to be alone..." He knelt down by Chen and looked into her eyes. "....I-I won't lie...I-I'm...not a brave man....I-I never was...I-I c-can't pretend to be....b-but I want to be with you....I don't want you to be alone..." He shook himself and gave her a determined look. "....Chen....I-I've....I've always loved you...from back when were still classmates...I've always loved you."
Cabble:
Ah, I am sorry dear MTG. It cannot be- something might happen that I don't want to talk about...
Gappy:
(OOC: That was surprisingly fun. Now I want to draw this...Lessee, would drawing you count as wooing, Chen? ^^)

MTG didn't waver at the rejection. Instead, he persisted, his eyes burning with fierce passion. "I-I don't care. I don't care what might happen! B-be it storm or t-tempest...heaven or hell....lightning or hail...homework or chores...I can brave it...as long as it's to stand by your side!" He gazed deeply into the youkai's eyes, his eyes brimming with conviction. "I don't care if you're youkai....I...I don't care that you eat humans...I've seen the other youkai at the concentration camp...I know what you're g-going through....and I don't want you to be alone facing that. I'll be with you...till the very end....I'll help you...and when the end comes....I will have no regrets. I don't care if you choose to save everyone or get your revenge....I will stay with you, either way, rowing or sinking, dead or alive."
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version