~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
<< < (4/181) > >>
Yookie:
I guess I'll read about the effects of trust levels from the original games and edit all of those later. I didn't know the exact effects of those and left it ambiguous for now.

I thought the same with Shou's skill and then there was that other translation that HGH posted which had it as -10% dmg taken.

Nazrin's debuff does indeed last for 1 turn, I'll (again) correct that

And about Komachi being unable to move while that skill is active: I noticed that while testing and then forgot about it subsequently because I was like "WHAT SHE GETS 20% HP REGENERATION, NEED"
I'll also add that with the at least 3 range requirement but I doubt that that has any effect on how people use this skill since it would be kind of a waste to activate one of only two charges only to then use that standard weak attack. :V

I absolutely forgot about Keine's skill since I couldn't find a neat name for it at first and wanted to return to it but then of course forgot to do that.

And where did you get that Sunny's skill would prevent counterattacks?

Edit: Okay, the friendship level thing is apparently really simple. There's friendship, love and rivalry and here we only have friendship effects, right?
I'll write it down in the gameplay elements section and edit the graphic and I'll do it now since it's bugging me if I don't.
Mew seeker:

--- Quote from: Yookie on April 25, 2014, 02:35:44 PM ---And where did you get that Sunny's skill would prevent counterattacks?

--- End quote ---

The skill first mention the "not being targetable" effect.
The next short sentence then mention that counterattacks will hit,
probably in case some peope activate Reflection and then somehow believe they can attack that big bad nasty boss without then afterward recieving a crushing punisment
and then complain that this game is lame and buggy and so on for some reason. :P
Yookie:
Ah, that's fine I guess. Thought my wording wasn't clear.
But to be fair, the 1.00 version of the game is rather buggy. It gave me 4 Lily White's for mission 30 instead of 1 + the 3 fairies. :V Lily is apparently actually Flan

I've looked into the issue with Shou's skill and it definitely increases her dmg output. I've compared it to Reimu's "Youkai Buster" and Mokou's "Phoenix Immolation" (both undoubtedly increase dmg dealt) and the formulation is practically the same. While I was at it I've also looked at Shizuha's "Golden Autumn" and corrected it to "takes less damage" instead of "deals less damage" (This is all not edited into the opening post yet)

Edit: I've redone the graphic for character skills, corrected some errors,  cleaned the entire thing up, further increased the font size and added a proper explanation for Friendship-boni further down in the OP.
gtf234:

--- Quote from: Hanzo K. on April 25, 2014, 12:58:35 PM ---I've beaten OG1, OG2, and J. and I've been hammering away at Alpha Gaiden(Getting the G-Bits and R-1 are insanely difficult secrets to get...). I've also dabbled in K, W, and L.
L in particular has the Rebuild version of the EVA Units, so maybe that's why the AT Fields didn't quite activate as often as they should.

--- End quote ---

AT Fields only had the base 100 morale as an activation requirement whenever they  had a requirement at all.  IIRC in L they simply don't activate when there's two AT Fields against each other and since they are always force deployed in Angel scenarios you see their barriers not working more than normal unless you are using them a lot on your own.  I could be remembering wrong, it's been a while but I have a sharp memory of it simply not activating at all against Angels. 

It wasn't like that in Alpha or F though and as a result some Angels were completely impotent as Shinji or Asuka could just defend against them all day as the early Angels could not put out enough power to crack an AT Field when the target is defending (that is to say, taking half damage then the barrier check meant that to break a 3K threshold they would have to hit with 6K damage to kill an Eva).  Also really valuable in F thanks to Asuka's Taunt spell in combination with how AT Fields work. 

Also keep in mind that attacks have their own properties in newer titles too, Barrier Pierce being one of them.  Many finishers in L completely ignore barriers- it's why the Gurren MK II is so good in Z2.1- its finisher ignored size based damage reductions and bypassed barriers while having a very cheap 35 EN cost and a tiny 115 morale lock- it was so easy to get it online and spamming it on everything with little need for rationing.

--- Quote from: Yookie on April 25, 2014, 12:41:51 PM ---The only actual SRW game I've played was OG1 and that probably not even halfway through. :V But it did have barriers that triggered always (Love you Granzon </3)
And TK-Fields, that seem to be the exact same thing.

--- End quote ---
For what it's worth, the final boss of this game has a phase that makes her function like Granzon did in in its original appearance in Super Robot Wars 2- Granzon was immune to ranged attacks.  Yeah it was pretty busted, and you had to fight it and the Valsion at the same time- your only mercy was that the game ended when Valsion goes down, Granzon was optional.
Yookie:
So, I apparently just beat the last stage with capturing all spellcards bar one. With Rumia solo. ye
And I probably could have captured that last one, because I forgot that she has the Fury seishin at that moment and miscalculated the turns and ended up dealing 300 less damage than necessary.
It was really silly, I just did it because I could and I'll redo the stage properly. :V

http://i.imgur.com/zDdQip0.jpg
She has a Rat Tail (+5 Mobility), Oni Nail (+50 Armor, +500 HP), Tengu Clogs (+1 Move, +5 Mobility) and Suwako's Oshirasama, which pushes her basedamages through the roof as it scales with the base cost of the character. (1.5 gets +350, 2 gets +300, 2.5 gets +250).
I mean, her standard for free tackle deals more damage (yes, deals more damage not "has more base") than Reimu's Fantasy Seal and Demarcation surpasses Marisa's Master Spark in basedamage even without the  Oshirasama. :V
She also takes hits like a champ and dodges way too often cause Random Dodge is broken in the later stages.

I am practically done with Marisa's Route. (Just need to beat that stage again) but I won't go into Reimu's route too soon, since I have stuff to do. I'll probably just add her WP bonus conditions from that chart I got (done) and test them once I get there. I'd still appreciate your support via screenshots from the missing abilities of the various characters, as I already said earlier.

But this whole thing already looks pretty nice and I am thankful for your support.

And why did nobody tell me that I screwed up the battle-menu graphic? Fixed it now

Also, this:

is definitely a Moriya Shrine conspiracy

Edit: added lvl1 versions of "Sunny Barrier+", "Silence" & "Radar", "Unmoving Great Library" (forgot that somehow before) and I found out that not only Alice & Marisa have a passive friendship bonus but Elly & Kurumi as well.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version