Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212999 times)

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #870 on: January 02, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
I got the impression that I didn't have it quite right which is part of the reason I'm not so fond of the picture
IKariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want, I can give you the old drawing I have of her. Not much has changed except the design of her yukata and probably the "waist ribbon/sash" length.

« Reply #871 on: January 03, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
here the chat feed it's probably a little messy. and theres a small piece missing at lest I think there is.

« Reply #872 on: January 03, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
When will the next session be because i want to be a part of it

« Reply #873 on: January 03, 2013, 10:41:35 PM »
When will the next session be because i want to be a part of it
you and me both by the way here that drawing you asked for.
[attach=1]
It might not be what you had in mind.

« Reply #874 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
the picture is great . its certainly better then anything i could churn out.

« Reply #875 on: January 03, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
but is it who your character is?

« Reply #876 on: January 03, 2013, 11:59:10 PM »
Yes it is. I'm just hopeing ikari comes on here with the next date for the next session

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #877 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »
Actually, I was thinking. In order to prevent from anyone from taking part in too many incidents that may cause for other players to not be able to play, I think maybe we should have it so that you MUST sit out an incident if you have played as an active character two incidents in a row.

you and me both by the way here that drawing you asked for.
[attach=1]

Love the drawing, especially how you did the wings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:13:12 AM by Genso »

« Reply #878 on: January 04, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »
here's one of Minako
[attach=1]
sorry you didn't describe Tamamo's Garb and I couldn't resist
thanks Genso

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #879 on: January 04, 2013, 12:27:09 AM »
Actually, I was thinking. In order to prevent from anyone from taking part in too many sessions that may cause for other players to not be able to play, I think maybe we should have it so that you MUST sit out a session if you have played as an active character two sessions in a row.

Ah, but by using that logic, around 3/4ths of the current one would have to sit things out. And even that's only balanced by the fact that I missed out on the first one.
And then you gotta think about the times where everyone starts at the same time. Consider the possibility of none of them missing a session. What now? Story ends up on ice due to that little rule, because by that reasoning, they'd all have to sit out a session. But they can't have one because none of them have missed any.

I can see the reasoning, but the potential for slipups like that is a bit bothersome.

here's one of Minako
[attach=1]
sorry you didn't describe Tamamo's Garb and I couldn't resist
thanks Genso

Niiiiice.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #880 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:10 AM »
Ah, but by using that logic, around 3/4ths of the current one would have to sit things out. And even that's only balanced by the fact that I missed out on the first one.
And then you gotta think about the times where everyone starts at the same time. Consider the possibility of none of them missing a session. What now? Story ends up on ice due to that little rule, because by that reasoning, they'd all have to sit out a session. But they can't have one because none of them have missed any.

Messed up and meant to say incident earlier ^.^;

EDIT: WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!? TWICE?! SAME MISTAKE?!  As an apology, I'll say something about the next incident. There will be a special surprise for those that can reach the end of it, A special "rule".~~~

EDITEDIT:
And even that's only balanced by the fact that I missed out on the first one.
And then you gotta think about the times where everyone starts at the same time.

This is something else I've thought about. If the times don't match, then when some people leave, they force the others to stop if they are plot related. So it may be wise that you have people in a similar time that will be on, or it will freeze the plot as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:42:56 AM by Genso »

« Reply #881 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »
and by that he means incidents

edit: yay the you have a hangover that lasts till the end of the next incident rule!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:29:31 AM by FoxTide »

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #882 on: January 04, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
edit: yay the you have a hangover that lasts till the end of the next incident rule!

XD I wish, but it'll be something better~.

Also I'm posting a "raw" version of the sessions so far that include only things relevant to the game while all unnecessary commentary has been removed. I also edited a few sections so that the dialogue and actions flow better and make chronological sense.

EDIT: for some reason the file won't attach to this post....................sorry about that.
[attach=1]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:49:23 PM by Genso »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #883 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
man we really seem to have come to a complete standstill haven't we?

Well anyway, I finished Megumi's Priestess outfit for the most part, the only thing she's really missing is her Bible, though I'll get around to designing that later.

Also if you'r wondering why she has the Yin Yang and Lotus symbols on her, well its to do with there meanings, Yin and Yang being Balance and Lotus being Purity , obviously the rest of the symbols are Christian Symbols, though the sheep with the halo came with a set of Photoshop brushes of Christian Symbols I used for this so I just felt like adding it cos I can, though not sure if I'll keep it as part of the final design as its more of a joke thing really :V

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:40:47 PM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #884 on: January 07, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »
Oooo, nice work Zork. THats really good! XD
So thats what sheep priest looks like. I still wanna hug her. XD

*Only does low grade Sprite work. kinda the odd one out here.*
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:15:19 PM by Yugian »

« Reply #885 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »
If any thing it makes me whant to hug her more.

I like makeing Sprites too.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #886 on: January 13, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Suddenly the topic become VERY inactive, so have a random picture of Megumi as a Touhoumon Trainer while we wait for something relevant to be posted!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:25:58 AM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #887 on: January 16, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
Bump-age.

Ikari, if you're reading this, is there still room for one more (when I actually have the time :V )?

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #888 on: January 17, 2013, 05:14:43 AM »
We're almost done with the current scenario. then we're gonna discuss how we're gonna do these things. XD

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #889 on: January 17, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »
Bump-age.

Ikari, if you're reading this, is there still room for one more (when I actually have the time :V )?

We're so close to done, you'll be able to join bandwagon 2 in no time.

« Reply #890 on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:48 PM »
I registered an account on this forum just to get in on this, so I'm happy to hear that! Also hi, I've always wanted to play a tabletop RPG and I like Touhou so why not. Still working on my character though. >_>

By the way, have you folks heard of this thing called Gametable? It's a program that lets you play tabletop games over the internet with people.  It uses a grid system for the game, and it has a built-in dice rolling script. In fact, you can create custom dice macros to automatically roll for you. So you just press a button and it rolls [d6 - d6 + modifier] whenever you need it. From the log I read, it looks like you guys have been manually rolling two dice and adding the modifiers in yourselves, which seems like it takes a bit of time (it did for me).

So yeah, just felt like sharing that at least. >_>

« Reply #891 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
I did that too. just so you know you can't attach things to posts untl you've made three.

« Reply #892 on: January 18, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
If people want to try using Gametable, I'd just link to a site they can download it from. Although I did make a variety of Touhou pogs for just such an occasion...

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #893 on: January 18, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
Just finished drawing my characters.

Merodi

Mercy

Satou

Mercy (side)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #894 on: January 22, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
We're so close to done, you'll be able to join bandwagon 2 in no time.

You are? If I have the time (real life seems to want to fight against me at every turn), I'd like to join too.
I also just have to grasp all of the new rules. The whole primary and secondary trait thing is a bit confusing, but besides that I think I understand mostly everything else.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #895 on: January 23, 2013, 04:28:08 AM »
You are? If I have the time (real life seems to want to fight against me at every turn), I'd like to join too.
I also just have to grasp all of the new rules. The whole primary and secondary trait thing is a bit confusing, but besides that I think I understand mostly everything else.

If you have questions, you can contact any one of us. The next one will be decided once Ikari comes back and we can finish the current one. I'll send you my skype if you want/need it.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #896 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:54 PM »

I'd be glad to answer anything! Traits are pretty simple in retrospect. Feel free to PM me any questions you have~

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #897 on: February 01, 2013, 06:05:06 AM »
Hello everyone!

Now, many of you may have noticed I wasn't on at all lately. That can be easily explained by a fuckton of exams and projects, as my second third of the year is almost done, and thus grades must be collected.

And thus, on Wednesday, I was glad to say ''Hey, I got free time! I can finally go on skype and continue the game!" My computer, being a horrible person, decided that it shall not be so. Lately, my computer's performances have RADICALLY dropped for no apparent reasons. I can't open music or videos, can't use most websites that has anything more than pictures (No youtube, for example, but I can still use say, Imgur) and most of all, can't open any program such as Skype, Steam or MSN. I'm limited to MoTK and a handful of websites, but not much else. Even Chatzy is being uncooperative.

I hope it'll go away soon, as I don't even have anything open. I literally closed every program I had open and my computer still runs at 100 % capacity, howling and shooting hot air like a dragon would.

Conclusion: Hopefully this explains why the first avatar I ever had on this forum was Hina, with the title and personal text; "Embodiment of Misfortune / Proud to be Unlucky".

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #898 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »
:<

Well at least you can still post here, so that's good. Maybe the game could continue on IRC in the interim, since it's a bit less demanding of a program than Skype? (Also you can have dicebots and stuff in the channel to expedite things.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:01:59 PM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #899 on: February 01, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
Sure, no problem~

It's in those times that I sometime gaze at the stars, and with a mellow sigh, whisper to god;

"I fucking hate my computer."