Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212017 times)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #750 on: December 23, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Yeah, but I don't see this game getting anything close to the popularity of D&D, and I doubt we'll ever go beyond, what, 2, 3 GMs? I haven't got any mention whatsoever of someone who would be interested to host their own games yet, and I intend on being a fair GM, so stick with me if you're that scared of being Jiang-Shi-fied.

Anyway, I think I've listed enough reasons as to why the Jiang-Shi status wasn't an OMGHAXXX status both in this thread and in the PMs I sent, so can we just end this whole nonsense? Moral of the story, if someone infects people with the Jiang-Shi status for fun, he's a fucking idiot and does not deserve to be a GM. Let's call it ''The highest offense of all'', and that if that ever happens, Alliterator and Me will come along bearing our secret Yama class (Which actually exists!) and we deliver divine judgement.

Touhou style.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #751 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »
Well, don't say I didn't warn you....
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #752 on: December 23, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
STATUS EFFECTS PT.2

Whooptie doo!

Name: Possessed
Effect: The character is temporarily possessed by a spirit, and thus, each of his turns or actions is determined by a dice roll; negative means the spirit gets to choose what you do, positive means you get to choose.
Resolution Roll: Actually, two rolls are done; The resolution roll can prevent the effect completely, and a Will roll will be made to determine if you get a bonus during each of your possession roll.
Removal at Death: No, but lives lost in the body of the victim will weaken the ghost, and reach 0 lives will also drop the ghost lives to 0.

Name: Silence
Effect: The victim cannot talk or emit any sounds, preventing spells and spellcards from being used, as well as communicating through words and activating voice-related things.
Resolution Roll: Can reduce the duration, or completely prevent the effect. Certain abilities (such as Luna Child) are impossible to resist, but also affect the user and works as an AoE rather than a proper status effect.
Removal at Death: No.

Name: Impulse
Effect: Target being must subconsciously follow certain influences on their train of thought until effect wears off. Prevents logical thinking and will make you still in control, but act as you would like to deep inside, instead of as you'd like to in the current situation.
Resolution Roll: Can reduce the duration or completely negate the effect.
Removal at Death: Depends on the source of the status effect. Weaker infliction of the status will be removed at death, stronger ones won't.

Name: Drunk
Effect: The target is intoxicated, and will act in a whole new way. Simply mentally define how your character acts when he's drunk, and stick to it. In addition to acting differently, the character receives a varying penalty in Finesse, Will, Resolution and/or Cunning, but may also get a bonus in Charm and/or Might. It is possible to pass out from drinking too much.
Resolution Roll: None, technically, but your Resolution defines how many drinks you need to be considered ''Very drunk''. Wine counts as 0.5 drinks, Sake as 1 and Sochu as 2. Specific drinks may have different values.
Removal at Death: No, but losing a life does reduce the drunken count by half.

Name: Sealed
Effect: The target's magical powers are sealed away, preventing any form of magic. Spells, spellcards AND basic attacks or anything else involving magic is completely taken away. This state is thus a "Magician's Bane''.
Removal at Death: Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Name: Exhausted
Effect: The target's melee and physical powers are sealed away, making it impossible for any actions or attacks involving any form of physical activity to be used. This state is thus a "Fighter's Bane".
Removal at Death: Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:18:01 PM by Ikari »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #753 on: December 23, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »
Effect: The target is intoxicated, and will act in a whole new way. Simply mentally define how your character acts when he's drunk, and stick to it. In addition to acting differently, the character receives a varying penalty in Finesse, Will, Resolution and/or Cunning, but may also get a bonus in Charm and/or Might. It is possible to pass out from drinking too much.
Resolution Roll: None, technically, but your Resolution defines how many drinks you need to be considered ''Very drunk''. Wine counts as 0.5 drinks, Sake as 1 and Sochu as 2. Specific drinks may have different values.

Oh the fun that's going to be had with that! And perhaps there should be a section on the character sheet to describe how the character acts while drunk as well, just in case you forget.

Also I'm guessing Impulse will mainly be a Koichi thing I take it, and I like how Silence isn't just "Oh hey I can't use any magic for a while" and you actually become a Mute for the duration of the effect too
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #754 on: December 23, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »
Come to think of it, Hibiki herself is sorta under that effect herself. She's still able to use cards and magic, she just doesn't talk much at all.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #755 on: December 23, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

Oh the fun that's going to be had with that!

Gurl, you know it! :V

Also I'm guessing Impulse will mainly be a Koichi thing I take it

Indeed! It's kind of too specific, but I thought it was a very good idea, so I made it into a status.

I like how Silence isn't just "Oh hey I can't use any magic for a while" and you actually become a Mute for the duration of the effect too

Yeah, it's silly to just put Silence and expect the person to simply be unable to do spells or spellcards. Magic in general isn't taken away though, as basic attacks can still be used. Speaking of which, you have me an idea for two new statuses! Will be added to Pt.2

Come to think of it, Hibiki herself is sorta under that effect herself. She's still able to use cards and magic, she just doesn't talk much at all.

She's more of a quiet person than actually mute, though, right?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #756 on: December 23, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
She's just so quiet that she passes for it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #757 on: December 23, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
You know what we could use, a glossary of everyones character sheets on the front page so that way there all in one place or something.

And Hanzo, ya don't mind posting Hibiki's character sheet again for me cos I'd like to have a look at it if that's alright?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #758 on: December 23, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »
Ah, sure. I still need to figure out most all of her traits. I do figure they'll be dualtyped. One version is what she has currently, the other is when she has that development needed to regain herself. Or establish a new self.
I also need to be able to read Ch14 of WaHH, as it affects her.
I also need to finish the rest of her traits.

I have finished and reworked Minako to my satisfaction for the most part. I'll be attaching her most current version as well.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #759 on: December 23, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
You know what we could use, a glossary of everyones character sheets on the front page so that way there all in one place or something.

I'll do that once the character sheets are officially completed. It's almost completely done, so that would be pretty soon.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #760 on: December 23, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »
I'll do that once the character sheets are officially completed. It's almost completely done, so that would be pretty soon.

Ah ok, though I still haven't managed to come up with any spellcards or traits for Yuzuki yet, Traits shouldn't be too bad though I am having trouble coming up with spell cards for her so I could a hand with that.

ALso Hanzo, did you ever way what Hibiki's theme music was, if she has any as I can't remember nor can I find the post you said it in if you did.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #761 on: December 23, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
Well, it's less a theme, and more a leitmotif. In the fact that if this were a jRPG, it'd play during certain things involving her.
Here.

As for Spellcards, you do get the default 2-round card with 2 attack volleys. I guess the problem is envisioning how that basic card behaves.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #762 on: December 23, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
Well, it's less a theme, and more a leitmotif. In the fact that if this were a jRPG, it'd play during certain things involving her.
Here.
Yeah leitmotif, thats what I ment.

As for Spellcards, you do get the default 2-round card with 2 attack volleys. I guess the problem is envisioning how that basic card behaves.
That's EXACTLY the problem I'm having :V if I had any danmakufu skills, I'd probably just do her spellcards in that and go from there.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #763 on: December 23, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
I have absolutely zero Danmakufu skills myself, but I can do fine.
Just picture something in your mind, and put it to paper. That's what I do.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #764 on: December 23, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
Well, finished up on adapting the fluff/biography for sarutana. with no sleep.

...it kind of sucks and reads like crap, but here we are!

Edit: Oh, for that person who wanted to do character drawings... um... if your still up for it/willing;

Hope these help!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:20:43 PM by Yugian »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #765 on: December 23, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
That's EXACTLY the problem I'm having :V if I had any danmakufu skills, I'd probably just do her spellcards in that and go from there.

I have zero none myself. Actually, none of my spellcards involve bullets and colors and patterns and stuff. I prefer having spellcards ? la Hisoutensoku, if you get what I mean.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #766 on: December 23, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
I suppose I could create Alternate Versions of the cards for those sorts of fights though.

Also, what do you think of Hibiki's primary there Ikari? It's meant to change when she herself changes. I plan to have that same duality for both her secondary and her flaw.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #767 on: December 23, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »
It's pretty good. If I were you, and that's just my personal opinion, it's not even a useful recommendation, I'd make two character sheets; One as her quiet self, one as her redefined self. Would make it easier than constantly repeating that this or that will change, and since redefining is (presumably?) permanent, would allow easier switching to the latter. That's just me, though.

Quote from: Hibiki
[She holds up a piece of paper with the question "What is Religion?" written on it]

Meh, mostly hippies and DJ people. You aren't missing anything exciting.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #768 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »
I'd have to make the new one once she does though. Via using the original as a baseline. Because presumably, since she's still kinda the same person, things would carry over.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #769 on: December 23, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
I'd have to make the new one once she does though. Via using the original as a baseline. Because presumably, since she's still kinda the same person, things would carry over.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Speaking of which, do you already have in mind what will trigger / when will be her... return to herself?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #770 on: December 23, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
I was thinking once she reaches a certain level with Will/Resolution over 4. Of course, hitting that stat requirement afterwards would also trigger it.
Afterall, thematically-speaking, that's why she has those stats so low. She's on the verge of being a blank.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #771 on: December 23, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
I quickly checked her stats, and realized you still have two stats left to distribute. Do you intend on leaving it that way, or was it an accident?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #772 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
Oh, I do? Huh. Better fix that. I thought I assigned all 12 points.

EDIT: And fix'd.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:24:19 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #773 on: December 23, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

are Artifact Spirits immune?

Edit: Oh, for that person who wanted to do character drawings... um... if your still up for it/willing;

Hope these help!
yay sprites I love Sprites.  I'm still a bit busy and I need to finish my character sheet first, but after that.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #774 on: December 23, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
You know something, we got 2 day's till Christmas and I propose we do something Christmas related with ToPLR, only thing is, I have no idea what to do :V

« Reply #775 on: December 23, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
It's Chritmas eve where I am.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #776 on: December 24, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
bleh, coming up with Yuzuki's Traits is just as hard as coming up with her Spell Cards =/

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #777 on: December 24, 2012, 12:41:23 AM »
Well, you could give her a trait that boosts cunning-based rolls. Give it a flavor based on her 'Reading the Stars to Divine the Future's Path'.
Or something like that. That'd probably be a primary or something. Look at Minako's traits for reference.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #778 on: December 24, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
You know something, we got 2 day's till Christmas and I propose we do something Christmas related with ToPLR, only thing is, I have no idea what to do :V

Reimu the stooge meets the three ghosts of Christmas.

Anyway, I just want to officially announce that since I technically have 4 families, (Plus a clingy friend  :V) I thus have 5 Christmases this year. I don't think I'll be able to do much during the first week of the holidays :fail:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #779 on: December 24, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
Wow. I get home, and suddenly? Creativitisplosion!
Seriously, I come up with a whole slew of Traits and Flaws.
As well as canning the Jorogumo in favor of a Blacksmith. (Ikari knows I'm good at playing the larger-than-life Old Blacksmith.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!