Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212940 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #630 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
I'll provide what I can. Hibiki's pretty much likely to be the shortest of the group, given her close physical similarities to Remi.
(But when you consider they were turned around the same age, it makes a lot of sense.)

I'm doing some last minute adjustments weight-wise and the like for most of my characters. Feel free to omit Suzu though, I was more making the Phantasmal Land version of her to show off and have fun.

EDIT: Also, we miiiight be having another player. xD I've been talking about all this with a friend of mine, and he's pretty interested.

The more the merrier I always say!
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #631 on: December 20, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Hm, regarding my character (Kake, that vengeful ghost) clothes, her kimono with the nooses drawn in it, would it be considered an artifact? I mean, her ability is making those nooses solid so she can use them. It's more like a part of her than actual clothing.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #632 on: December 20, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
Hm, regarding my character (Kake, that vengeful ghost) clothes, her kimono with the nooses drawn in it, would it be considered an artifact? I mean, her ability is making those nooses solid so she can use them. It's more like a part of her than actual clothing.

Oh, good question, I was pretty vague about that.

What I meant is anything that affects gameplay in giving you things you shouldn't have, such as buffs and bonuses, or spells. You can tag her kimono as an artifact, but in the proper sense, it's not really one.

For example, if someone was to attack using only his clothes, his clothes simply allow him to do something anyone can (and must) do: attacking.

If the clothes were to give a +1 accuracy bonus, then it would become an Artifact in the proper sense of the term.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #633 on: December 20, 2012, 11:24:40 PM »
Ah, good good, that makes sense.

Well, I modified her sheet a bit: added two Flaw traits to compensate her two Secondary traits, added an option to her spell card, and added an artifact for her. Can you check to see if everything is ok, and what else needs to be done/changed regarding what we already defined? If it isn't a problem, of course.
I'm also still needing your character sheets for this image I'm doin as well as some kind of pose to draw em in :V
If she's included in the image, the sheet I uploaded here also has the pic I made of her for reference. Her pose could be of her sticking out her tongue and "hanging" herself with one of her black nooses. Or a "battle ready" pose with her knives (like this), whichever you feel is more interesting or more comfortable to drawn^^.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:45:36 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #634 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »
Another influx of replies. I start break tomorrow so I'll be free then. As for the pose, I need to think a little. I'll reply later but I'll say one thing about Wild and Horned Hermit: HOLY SHIT, A ZASHIKI WARASHI!!! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A CHARACTER LIKE THAT.

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #635 on: December 21, 2012, 12:02:54 AM »
Right, im interested in this. *Making a character currently.*

Did you remove the humans +5 Natural Skill points and lucky god just curious? i didnt notice they got removed if they did and im just double checking.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #636 on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »
And on Genso's note,
Spoiler:
HOBGOBLINS, MOTHERFUCKERS.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:16:34 AM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #637 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:12 AM »
Another influx of replies. I start break tomorrow so I'll be free then. As for the pose, I need to think a little. I'll reply later but I'll say one thing about Wild and Horned Hermit: HOLY SHIT, A ZASHIKI WARASHI!!! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A CHARACTER LIKE THAT.
Well they're cannon now so there ya go :P

Ah, good good, that makes sense.

Well, I modified her sheet a bit: added two Flaw traits to compensate her two Secondary traits, added an option to her spell card, and added an artifact for her. Can you check to see if everything is ok, and what else needs to be done/changed regarding what we already defined? If it isn't a problem, of course.If she's included in the image, the sheet I uploaded here also has the pic I made of her for reference. Her pose could be of her with her sticking out her tongue and "hanging" herself with one of her black nooses. Or a "battle ready" pose with her knives (like this), whichever you feel is more interesting or more comfortable to drawn^^.

I actually have a rather funny idea in mind for her in the image, hopefully it won't end up being out of character or anything, though should be worth it anyway I hope :V

And on Genso's note,
Spoiler:
HOBGOBLINS, MOTHERFUCKERS.
[/size][/i][/b]
If your gonna say spoilers to the newest W&HH chapter, at least put it in a spoiler tag like I did :P

« Reply #638 on: December 21, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »
Spoiler:
Hobgoblins in the SDM
maybe ZUN played the Genius of Sappheiros?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:22:00 AM by FoxTide »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #639 on: December 21, 2012, 12:16:54 AM »
fixed :getdown:

« Reply #640 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
Ikari as for misora you said i should have spells and traits that affect gameplay but i really can't think of any if you could help em it would be appreciated.

« Reply #641 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29:10 AM »
I'm happy to draw peoples characters to just ask, I'll be real busy for the next five days though.

With Artifact Spirits what dose the Artifact side count as? Since it a part of (is) there body.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:34:34 AM by FoxTide »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »
Hey, no rush man, gotta do what you gotta do, eh?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2012, 12:35:47 AM »
I actually have a rather funny idea in mind for her in the image, hopefully it won't end up being out of character or anything, though should be worth it anyway I hope :V
Damn, now I'm curious :P

You know, if
Spoiler:
hobgoblins
exist, then nothing stops us from making
Spoiler:
european
monsters. Which means I'll go make a Nuckleave now. Ohohoho.

That thing would make a fiiiiine final boss, yes.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #644 on: December 21, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »
If your gonna say spoilers to the newest W&HH chapter, at least put it in a spoiler tag like I did :P

You actually left it without the spoiler tag which is why I just left it as is.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #645 on: December 21, 2012, 12:47:15 AM »
Damn, now I'm curious :P

You know, if
Spoiler:
hobgoblins
Spoiler:
european

That thing would make a fiiiiine final boss, yes.

Funilly enough, originally Yuzuki was gonna be a Cait Sith, which bileave it or not, is actually of Scottish Origin, though after thinking about it, I decided to make her a Magician instead as it her Ability and magic suited a Magician Youkai more overall.

So theres a lil bit of trivia for ya :P

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #646 on: December 21, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »
You know, if
Spoiler:
hobgoblins
Spoiler:
european

brb making Toho fangame featuring the Circles of Hell and cutesified Baelzebub. :getdown:

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »
brb making Toho fangame featuring the Circles of Hell and cutesified Baelzebub. :getdown:
Sorry, ZUN already did cute Lucifer.
We call her Shinki =P

Anyway, I was just kidding, but you know, making a Nuckelavee a convincing touhou char would be quite an exercise in creativity.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:10:23 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
I'm happy to draw peoples characters to just ask, I'll be real busy for the next five days though.
I wouldn't mind seeing Yuzuki drawn in your style seeing as how you have had a lot more practice at drawing than me as I only started drawing again recently , though I will be going to college on a Art Course after the Summer though hopefully. That and I'd just like to see her drawn in your style, when your able too of course.

Sorry, ZUN already did cute Lucifer.
We call her Shinki =P

: You called?
(I had to I'm sorry XD)

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2012, 01:23:06 AM »
D'oh! Speak of the Devil! :getdown:

Curses. And I thought it would be the perfect counterpart to the fangame with
Spoiler:
moe Jesus.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2012, 01:42:10 AM »
Curses. And I thought it would be the perfect counterpart to the fangame with
Spoiler:
moe Jesus.

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler:
Mumumu
from Last Comer counts. After all, it said this in her profile:
Spoiler:
"Her true form comes from the God of the Stars of the paganism from across the ocean, where the power of the pantheon of the Myriad Gods of Shinto do not reach. A more general name would be Lucifer, or Satan. Most likely, the most famous and most powerful god of evil in the world."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »
GOD DAMMIT EVERYONE ALWAYS PRE-EMPTS MY GREAT IDEAS.

Fine. Australian mythology. In the NEXT Touhou fangame, at ANY TIME on ANY STAGE, an adorable DROP BEAR YOUKAI can appear directly above you at the top of the screen, at which point it will DROP STRAIGHT DOWN, and if it COLLIDES WITH YOU it will UTTERLY END YOU.

« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »
Ikari call me tomorrow 7pm at my dad gotta ask you something (PS: c'est nico ) and do will you guys focus on the fighter type of playing ( more attack or chances to not get hit ) mental ( charm and intelligence trying to avoid battle ) or completely social with charisma all the way to the sky~~desu? Thanks for your answers :)

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
Hey, is there any of the 'staff' (I guess thats what i can call them?) here who can help cross check my crunch?

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »
Not sure who you're referring to by staff, but most likely most of them are asleep, except for Hanzo and I usually. I'm up the latest (being in the farthest timezone) so I guess I can answer questions if I'm able to.

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2012, 05:19:40 AM »
Ah, mind if I send you a character sheet? Not sure. If i'm doing this right.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
I don't mind, but you can just attach it here, most of us take a look at it and give our opinions. We'll tell you if you are missing anything, but most of us aren't completely finished either because we haven't discussed everything yet. So no need to worry.

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
« Reply #657 on: December 21, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
Oh wait, that's right. i can do that. o_o

I don't have fluff yet, so no biography... but other then that, should be all there.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
Not sure about the skill allocation, I think Ikari removed that part about humans getting 5 extra points. Other than that it seems fine. Just to clarify, you have one primary ability and up to 2 secondary traits, but for every secondary trait you need a flaw trait. I'm not sure which is which in yours but that can be solved by labeling it :derp:. Try to add spellcards and spells. Spells don't always refer to magic and can be any attack that your character can use that's not a normal attack (ninjitsu in your case). Everything seems fine though besides that.

This reminded me of a conversation I had before. How come there are no ninja or samurai girls in Gensokyo?

EDIT: Does your character's name have a meaning? Using my knowledge all I got for the possible meaning was "The Great House of the Shaded Forest" (lit. superior house forest shadow). Sorry, can't help but analyze the name of a Japanese sounding name :P.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:53:36 AM by Genso »

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »
I actually asked that one earlier and got no response.... if i really don't get the extra five to start, that could epically suck/really make a hard mode hard.

AH, yeah, sorry about that.

Really? i thought it was a global ban on spells for humans. well, give one, take one, and i like what i got.  :V

Thanks for taking the time to read it. and to answer that, ITS BECAUSE I AM MAKING THE FIRST ONE! MUAHAHAHAHA!
Ahahaha... ahhh... i cant laugh evily.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:51:47 AM by Yugian »