Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212059 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
Ooooh. I like that idea. I've noted my talent lies more in creating characters. So I guess in place of Izanami, we could use...Say, Hibiki, or someone else's character instead.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
So I guess in place of Izanami, we could use...Say, Hibiki, or someone else's character instead.
I don't quite get what you mean by using someone else's character,maybe elaborate a bit more or something?

I'd also like to bring up the new Hopeless Masquerade trailer that was leaked today, mainly the gameplay part, I'd actually like to point out the fact that there is an actual audience, which in this case, seem's to be comprised of The Three Fairies of Light, Yukari, Ran, Chen, Sakuya, Remelia, Patchouli and 2 Fairy Maids, though who is in the audience isn't super important, but rather that there is an ACTUAL AUDIENCE watching the Duel, and what I was thinking is we could see how to incorporate this, along with other stuff from the trailer into the Redux in some way or another?
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »
As an Example Character, like Izanami was in the original's PDF.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
As an Example Character, like Izanami was in the original's PDF.

Ah ok I gotchya now, couldn't think of what you ment for some reason. :V

And I say we use Ikari as the example character for 2 reasons, 1: if it wasn't for Ikari we wouldn't even be doing this and 2: because Ikari is a male character, and how often do you see a Male Touhou OC that ISNT a Gappy  Stu or something? :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:52:56 PM by Zork787 »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
Well, there's also potential for having examples for each class if we wanted to go the extra mile.
That's up to Ikari though.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
Well, there's also potential for having examples for each class if we wanted to go the extra mile.
That's up to Ikari though.
That's an even better idea, means that everyone currently involved can have at least one character as an Example, I call dibs on Yuzuki being the Magician Example :P

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
I think Ikari's a Magician too though. But Hibiki definitely qualifies as the Vampire Example. (Nevermind that she's the only PC Vamp.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
I think Ikari's a Magician too though. But Hibiki definitely qualifies as the Vampire Example. (Nevermind that she's the only PC Vamp.)

Well for now she is, but that'll probably change in time when (hopefully) more people pick up on the Redux.

I also just finished reading Wild and Horned Hermit Ch14 and my God! I will never look at
Spoiler:
Yukari
in the same way again! But also I recommend reading it as it introduced 2 new Youkai into Touhou, the Zashiki Warashi and the
Spoiler:
Hobgoblin
, also
Spoiler:
Yukari has a new outfit in it too
, I also love what happens at the end of the chapter  but I won't say anymore about it for spoiler reasons seeing as it was just released recently.

but I do recomend you guys give it a read, as one thing it does reveal is the Youkai's
Spoiler:
main food source of humans
and this is something we were talking about previously so its kinda related to that.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
That's true. I gotta wonder where you saw this aside from the wiki though. Because none of the translations have been released yet.
I am surprised that the
Spoiler:
hobgoblins ended up working at the SDM though. Guess that's more to work with for Hibiki.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
That's true. I gotta wonder where you saw this aside from the wiki though. Because none of the translations have been released yet.
I am surprised that the
Spoiler:
hobgoblins ended up working at the SDM though. Guess that's more to work with for Hibiki.

Yep, thats one of the main reasons I mentioned it, as well as what we find out about
Spoiler:
Yukari
too, which has made even more scared of her than I was before.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
For the sake of fun, Ikari will be the pdf's narrator, and many sections will be explained by other of our characters depending on their specialization.

Please refrain from calling dibs on specific parts to narrate as they will be ignored and pretty much clog up the thread for something that isn't relevant as of now.

Anyway, what was the missed NPC question? This thread moves faster than Aya on drugs attached to a nuclear jetpack  :ohdear:

Finally, the date for our first game has not yet been decided. We still need to explain some parts of the gameplay, although they are insanely easy to do. I may write a few today/tonight.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
For the sake of fun, Ikari will be the pdf's narrator, and many sections will be explained by other of our characters depending on their specialization.

Please refrain from calling dibs on specific parts to narrate as they will be ignored and pretty much clog up the thread for something that isn't relevant as of now.
I was only joking :P

Anyway, what was the missed NPC question? This thread moves faster than Aya on drugs attached to a nuclear jetpack  :ohdear:

Here:
But in all seriousness, 2/3 characters would be a good idea for now, though that did make me wonder about something.

Player Created NPC's, essentially characters that we create, but don't actually play as, I remeber you said something about this a while ago, something like you had so many characters you turned a few of em into NPC's or something.

Like I had an idea for a NPC that could open portals to other dimensions that others could pass through, think Yukari's gaps but instead of manipulating borders, he/she would just open portals to other dimension's, including the Outside world, though what I was thinking was that from time to time, some kind of monster from another dimension would get through these portals from time to time and that could create an incident or something, essentially, the character would be used as Incident creation fodder  Though this wouldn't happen that often as Yukari would have assigned Ran to Keep an eye on this character to stop them from constantly opening these portals, but that just an example I came up with on how it could work?

I'm also still wondering what were gonna use for the wiki when we finally get around to making it, Mediawiki, Wikia or some other wiki site thing?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
I'm good most days, as long as it's from 10AM EST to 7PM EST. I can't always go past 7PM.

So on this note, does this mean that Minako would likely explain how Kitsune or Illusion Magic works?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
I have no experience with Wikis whatsoever. My guess is as good as that of a flying brick of cheese.

As for the NPCs, things like services (teleportation or such things) are going to be pretty absent; Keep in mind Gensokyo is still pretty small and requires very little needs for such things.

Also please no, we already have enough incident creation fodder in the canon Touhou :fail: To me, it's more of a cheap excuse of a plot to make something/someone for the sake of creating conflict. Let's try to be original.

I'm good most days, as long as it's from 10AM EST to 7PM EST. I can't always go past 7PM.

So on this note, does this mean that Minako would likely explain how Kitsune or Illusion Magic works?

My knowledge of timezones is inexistant...

And yes, you got it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »
EST = Eastern Standard Time.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #615 on: December 20, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »
I have no experience with Wikis whatsoever. My guess is as good as that of a flying brick of cheese.

As for the NPCs, things like services (teleportation or such things) are going to be pretty absent; Keep in mind Gensokyo is still pretty small and requires very little needs for such things.

Also please no, we already have enough incident creation fodder in the canon Touhou :fail: To me, it's more of a cheap excuse of a plot to make something/someone for the sake of creating conflict. Let's try to be original.

My knowledge of timezones is inexistant...

And yes, you got it.

Yeah the character concept I had I knew probably wouldn't work, and figured I'd use it as example fodder, other PC NPC's could be things like a resturaunt owner, innkeeper and so on, just minor things like that? /shrug

As for your timezone issue, timeanddate.com is your firend :P

Another thing, since we're gonna have articles simmilar to those in BAiJR and SoPM, we should be sure to include images for the articles that are just about general stuff like they have in said books like this one, which is actually a personal favourite of mine, can ya guess why :P

Though I do hope Yuzuki can be the one to do the Magician Example in the PDF when we get there, but we can discuss that when we're actually making the PDF, for now, lets focus on the more immediate stuff, such as those gameplay elements that haven't been talked about yet.

And at the moment I can help with test games whenever as my life is kinda at a standstill at the moment so I'm available whenever ya need me, though for the next few days due to my Dad visiting, I probably won't be available after midnight GMT, but when he goes home I'll be available whenever :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
Yeah, NPCs are bound to appear, but their role will usually be minor; Usually (keyword: Usually), people like innkeepers or stuff aren't incident solvers or causers, but rather do their job :P Of course, you can affect your relationship with those NPCs, but only to a certain extent. (That means no abusing your stats/spells/abilities all the time to get free or better stuff.)

Of course the articles are going to be filled with such pictures, preferably in but not limited to, that style. When we'll have enough, we could compile it as our own SoPM-ish thing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
I can get behind that.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Alright, I think I'll need help here.

So far, we've got a lot of necessary-for-gameplay things done. I'm gonna have to ask for help so I can remember what's left to do.

- Precious Things / Relics / Artifacts

- Money / Items (Will be very brief)

- Equipment

- Special Page about magicians

...So, what's left?

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
I can get behind that.
As can I.

Alright, I think I'll need help here.

So far, we've got a lot of necessary-for-gameplay things done. I'm gonna have to ask for help so I can remember what's left to do.

- Precious Things / Relics / Artifacts

- Money / Items (Will be very brief)

- Equipment

- Special Page about magicians

...So, what's left?
Surprisingly, I'm actually coming up with a blank on what we HAVEN'T done yet o_o; But I can tell we're missing SOMETHING, but I can't think of what it is.

I'm also feeling up to doing some kind of compilation image of our characters, but I'm not sure how I should pose your characters, so gimmie a pose (perhaps there battle pose?) and I'll try my best to replicate it :V Also linking your characters sheets again will help a bit
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:21:45 PM by Zork787 »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #620 on: December 20, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
Surprisingly, I'm actually coming up with a blank on what we HAVEN'T done yet o_o;
Seconded. I don't think here's anything we haven't covered aside from Youkai Eating Habits.
Incidentally, Hibiki has a fondness for both Sea-Salt Icecream, and Cinnamon Rolls. The latter practically being her 'Iconic Food'.
(Speaking of which, I need to add more trivia related to that for her. Something to tie in with the Fairy Maids perhaps.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #621 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »
Well, that means we'll soon be able to play sooner than I expected.

Money And Items

Prepare for a disappointing statement.

I didn't change much, if at all. To be fair, the money system was well made, it included a list of stuff for those who don't know much about japanese objects and food, etc... The costs and stuff may not have been great, but that's for the GM to decide anyway. (And there's sooo many things that influence the price, since we're not talking about a multi-national company) Examples of what can influence the price:

- Various events. (Death of a relative of the producer of the items)

- Relationship with the vendor and bargaining: Will use the charm stat, as well as your characters actions.

- Amount left / Popularity of the vendor: The whole Offers and Demands thing. Prices goes up as they have fewer, down as they have many.

Quality of the Item: A particularly good object or particularly bad of a said category will have a different price... If you can point out that it deserves a different price.

Items will require a proportional method of carrying, and will be divided in categories.

Weapons: The weapons you carry. Can be used for attacks and other uses.

Clothes: Both wearing and carrying. Must be specified.

Food and Drinks: Obviously, will need something to be carried.

Misc: Random objects your character may be carrying on him for various reasons. Sakuya's pocketwatch, for example.

Books and Manuscripts: Includes blank sheets.

Others: Anything else. Shouldn't include much, unless your character has a magic bag of furniture holding.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #622 on: December 20, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
So under this, the Tamamo's Garb, Minako's default outfit, falls under Clothing. Sensible really.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #623 on: December 20, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »
So under this, the Tamamo's Garb, Minako's default outfit, falls under Clothing. Sensible really.

Yep, but as explained later, it will need a ''Artifact'' tag.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #624 on: December 20, 2012, 09:45:18 PM »
Makes sense. Guess I'll work a bit more on a few small things. I've had to put the Jorogumo on the back burner to refine other matters though.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #625 on: December 20, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »
I'm gonna guess Yuzuki's Grimoire would come under the "Artifat" Category too? though I already categorised her stuff in her Character sheet :P

I'm also still needing your character sheets for this image I'm doin as well as some kind of pose to draw em in :V I've already started to draw Ikari though the pose is kinda blade and not very dynamic =/ and as for Ikari's robe, just how baggy are we talking here?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #626 on: December 20, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
Artifacts / Precious Things / Relics

This is a pretty short thing. Now every single items that has a magical effect (may it be through enchanting or natural special effects) is considered an Artifact, a Relic or a Precious Thing. Those 3 words are more or less the same thing, but they do have a little signification.

Relics: Old, lost objects of ancient times with ancient powers. Cannot be made, only bought or discovered.

Artifacts: Magical items that has gone through the ages, and now belongs to your character character. Can be made, but only with a context that implies that it has belonged to your character for a long time.

Precious Things: Enchanted items made by your character either very recently or during the game.

Those 3 things will be put in the inventory in their respective categories, but will have a R, A or PR tag. They can be acquired during character creation, for a cost in FP proportional to the effect.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2012, 09:52:35 PM »
I'm also still needing your character sheets for this image I'm doin as well as some kind of pose to draw em in :V I've already started to draw Ikari though the pose is kinda blade and not very dynamic =/ and as for Ikari's robe, just how baggy are we talking here?

Would you mind if I PM'ed you Ikari's details?

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #628 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
if that's what you'd prefer sure, plus that way I have a place I can access it at any time so its probably the better thing to do lol

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #629 on: December 20, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I'll provide what I can. Hibiki's pretty much likely to be the shortest of the group, given her close physical similarities to Remi.
(But when you consider they were turned around the same age, it makes a lot of sense.)

I'm doing some last minute adjustments weight-wise and the like for most of my characters. Feel free to omit Suzu though, I was more making the Phantasmal Land version of her to show off and have fun.

EDIT: Also, we miiiight be having another player. xD I've been talking about all this with a friend of mine, and he's pretty interested.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!