Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212040 times)

Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #480 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:31 AM »
OK. this is as far as i'll get tonight on my character cause i have had finals all week because the teachers decided that multi-part finals would be a good idea so here is misora hinonami mostly finished

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #481 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »
I'd probably put gameplay related effects to your spells and traits, or they're pretty useless xD

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #482 on: December 19, 2012, 03:28:19 AM »
Though I cant really think of any other moments quite as unique as that though /shrug

When you think about it, every fourth stage boss is a special case as well. Patchy has different spellcards depending on playable character in EoSD, fight 3 characters in PCB, fight Reimu/Marisa in IN, Aya has survival spell in MoF, Satori has different spells depending on partner in SA, Murasa has survival spell in UFO, fight 2 characters in TD.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #483 on: December 19, 2012, 03:28:58 AM »
On a more serious notes, there is also;

- Several Midboss return + sudden, no-nonspell spellcard
- Wriggle kick
- Kaguya X Eirin Team Up

Also also also Toyo no Miko/Futo/Tojiko triple combo and Seiga/Yoshika tank-healer tag team.

Aaaaaaalso, did you see my post about Nues, Ikari?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:31:54 AM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »
And a very very vital part of IN, the choice of final boss.

BUT ANYWAY, ENOUGH DERAILING! IT'S GENGETSU RAEP TIEM TIME TO TELL IKARI WHAT HE NEEDS TO MAKE NEXT.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »
did u explain precious artifacts/objects?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »
Aaaaaaalso, did you see my post about Nues, Ikari?

Yup, I did! Forgot to reply, but yeah c:

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
did u explain precious artifacts/objects?

Ah, I didn't yet. It's next on the list, but really, it's helluva easy and simple.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2012, 04:00:09 AM »
IT'S GENGETSU RAEP TIEM

Fixed :V

Also Stage 6 Bosses (as well as Extra Stage Bosses) are immune to bombs during there last card, with extra stage bosses being immune to bombs during all there cards regardless, and I do believe it's been like this since MoF that STage 6 Bosses are immune to bombs during there last card, Even Utsuho, I should know, I just checked it a moment ago to be sure :V

Also just to be sure, Say for example, Marisa had a character sheet, her Illusion Lazar and Magic Missile would be under her basic attacks yeah?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:23:37 AM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #489 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:39 AM »
It's seems as though my post got left behind by the rest of the thread whilst waiting to be moderated.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #490 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:24 AM »
It's seems as though my post got left behind by the rest of the thread whilst waiting to be moderated.

Ah, did it? I'm sorry :( What was it?

« Reply #491 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:44 AM »
it's alright, those days are over Yay! 
This was the one
That sounds good but if it's Aya the first issue will be in print before the quest is over.

I've got the character sheet and I've only got to name her and wright like all of her bio so help attaching things would be appreciated. sorry I'm new to this posting biz

thanks

also
I just read Kake's sheet and it was good like Ikari said. I can't help imagining Kagami and Kake together due to the similarities: both like to frighten people, both carry knives/a knife, and both have some sort of "tragic" past (hooray for dark and tragic pasts). I wonder......do ghosts sleep?

ya well my character is a knife! (seriously) her past could be darker. Man I've seriously got to read these things.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:32:35 AM by FoxTide »

« Reply #492 on: December 19, 2012, 05:00:00 AM »
Hi everybody, i'm Usagi ( one of the first of the original game ) and i might as well take part of that gaming sessions Ikari and you will have. :D If you want to know a bit of what happened and how did things worked in the dice rolling style of game we did and know about some characters Ikari didn't mentioned ( bad Ikari bad ) like a certain celestial that control acid or an oni that control gravity and got a pirate suit ( the 1 from the girl in tales of vesperia ) and that got both a gun AND a hammer  :derp: I will gladly talk with you guys :)

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #493 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:29 AM »
Attaching things are quite easy. You gotta write a post, then use ''Attachements and other options'' under the white rectangle. Then, just attach it and post your message.

« Reply #494 on: December 19, 2012, 05:35:51 AM »
I'm only getting  Notify me of replies. Return to this topic. and Don't use smileys tick box's?

this is my 5th post if that helps
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:37:48 AM by FoxTide »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #495 on: December 19, 2012, 05:38:29 AM »
I'm only getting  Notify me of replies. Return to this topic. and Don't use smileys tick box's?

this is my 5th post if that helps

Aaah, I don't think you can attach things until you reach 10 posts, with which you become a real member.

« Reply #496 on: December 19, 2012, 05:46:46 AM »
figures, well I'd better get posting then.

about class's can a PC god (or any for that mater) have more then one Shrine Maiden? 

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #497 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
figures, well I'd better get posting then.

about class's can a PC god (or any for that mater) have more then one Shrine Maiden?

Eeeh, not really. It's kind of like having a shikigami, it's a bond in which you devote your entire being to, and become the most trusted and reliable person for the other.

« Reply #498 on: December 19, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »
so can a PC god have a NPC Miko?

« Reply #499 on: December 19, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
Ikari for the most part the with my characters innate abilities i tried to make them unimpactful to the game because i tend to go towards the big and extravagant when it comes to abilities and spells for my original characters

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #500 on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
...Huh, could've sworn I'd read something about animals having the potential to become Tengu instead....
I can't find it, but I know I read something to that extent. I usually don't forget what I read after all.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
...Huh, could've sworn I'd read something about animals having the potential to become Tengu instead....
I can't find it, but I know I read something to that extent. I usually don't forget what I read after all.
そーなのかー

I'm sorry I had to XD

In all seriousness though, I am interested in what it is you read so if you ever find it, feel free to post it :V

Also, what do you guys think of the concept of a Youkai that is also a Miko? cos I have a character concept where they're both a Youkai and a Miko, though more like a Youkai with the powers or a Miko/miko like powers, so I was just wondering what you guys thought of the idea, and how she acquires said powers is in her backstory, though I haven't actually started on her character sheet yet since she's just in the concept stage at the moment, and I still haven't managed to come up with any spell card ideas for Yuzuki yet :V kinda stumped for ideas with that at the moment.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »
I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

As for the Youkai Miko, it does sound a bit interesting. Reminds me a bit of Byakuren, who used to be a Monk, but evolved to a Magician.

EDIT: Also, methinks I've found a possible 'Main Theme' for the sessions. Here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:45:44 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #503 on: December 19, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
As for the Youkai Miko, it does sound a bit interesting. Reminds me a bit of Byakuren, who used to be a Monk, but evolved to a Magician.
yeah, only in this case, she started off as a Youkai, and then gained Miko Powers

EDIT: Also, methinks I've found a possible 'Main Theme' for the sessions. Here.
personally I would have chose something Touhou related myself, like maybe a remix of one of the Title Screen theme's or something? but thats just me :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #504 on: December 19, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
There'll be plenty of opportunities for touhou music during the sessions though. :V
I just felt we needed something that was suitable for a 'New Adventure', y'know?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #505 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
Oh boy, so many questions.

"Can a PC god have a NPC Miko?''

Excellent question. I am tempted to say ''No, but there will be exceptions, if you REALLY can't get anyone to become your Miko.'' There's also the other possibility which is presented in the next question. But anyway, a god is by far the "highest VIP class" in the game, and creating a god is not possible until you've become more than familiar with the game, so there's no need to worry about that now.

''Can a youkai be a Miko?''

Sorry, but that's nowhere near possible. Hardworking Mikos who form a strong bond with gods cause their shrine to become a real youkai repellent, so it's physically impossible. What IS possible, however, is that a youkai becomes the servant or close friend of a god and helps him out and serves him. It's a very touchy relationship because youkai's faith don't give any faith points to the gods, so miracles have to be out of sheer generosity or rewards. Gods by themselves also usually hunt youkais and are meant to be the ''higher ones'' for humans only.

"Byakuren and Miko in the same sentence"

This kinda made me cringe. Byakuren is extremely far from being a Miko. The reason she was sealed is because she, to put it bluntly, sold her soul to the devil by using the art of dark magic to make herself immortal, which is by itself an insanely huge act of heresy against life itself. She does have a few "light spells", but they're more or less linked to her magician side fused with her beliefs, as she use light elemental magic (rather than holy magic). While she does pray Bishamonten, he is far from being a simple god; He's the very embodiment of war and battle, a concept that simply CANNOT be erased. Furthermore, even her life as a buddhist monk is more of an encouragement for youkaiXhuman lifestyles. In the end, Byakuren is a magician due to her dark magic and a monk due to her beliefs.

Besides, a Miko is the very embodiment of the shinto religion, while Byakuren is a Buddhist; Her being a Miko would be pure heresy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #506 on: December 19, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »
In that case though, how do you explain how Kanako could hold feasts at the shrine for the Tengu and Kappa?
That was actually a legit thing she did in canon. That's how she got on their good side, as well as got their faith in a way.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #507 on: December 19, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
Ah, was it? Uh.

I always thought she did those kind of things to get their respect and faith in a less ''faith fo powah'' sense and more in a ''faith so they'll stop snooping around my conspiracies'' sense.

Youkai faith may be worth something in the end, but it's clearly stated human faith is worth more... right?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #508 on: December 19, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
I seem to recall something to the effect of Youkai Faith being sufficient enough.
It's like food. Fancy Food(Human Faith) may taste better, but Normal FoodYoukai Faith) is just as good for satisfying your stomach when you need it.
Well, her whole reason for moving to Gensokyo in the first place was because they were running out of Faith.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Ikari Ikari Ikari!

Regarding youkai-as-mikos, do you still remember my idea for an Avatar class/perk/whatever?