Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212093 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »
I'll have to give it in the morning, I gotta get off for the night, so we'll discuss this more tomorrow.

On a ghost-related note, you'd be surprised how common they are where I live. But that's for another thread, eh?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #451 on: December 19, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »
Indeed. I did create the most obvious classes, but I am indeed lacking in the UFO and + department. I'll rectify that sometimes later, once the game will be playable.

I will probably do the spellcard section tonight, I'll get to it right now and post it once I'm done.

Finally, the section we've all been waiting for :V

Also don't forget that any inanimate object can become a youkai as well, or have you guys forgotten about a certain "Umbrella" Youkai that loves to scare everyone :P

Also I'd like to point out that Rin isn't a Nekomata, but a Kasha
And you guys are posting too fast again I can't keep up :V

And now for something, completely different
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #452 on: December 19, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »
(One last post before I ka-poof!)

Those are covered under Artifact Spirit.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Sweet youkai Jesus you people post fast.

Hey Ikari, I know I said earlier I was skeptical about the idea of a Nue race, but the wiki doesn't CONFIRM she's one of a kind, and I doubt any part is going to all choose the same race, much less an entire party of Nues,

Therefore I think a Nue race is still reasonable as long as the total Nue headcount in Gensokyo is limited to Houjuu + any Nues in the party. :V And at any rate, who's going to dock us for tweaking canon a little if it makes the game more fun?*

Either that or just make a "Shapeshifter" youkai supercategory.

*Don't answer that because that just tempts fate. :V
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:23:37 AM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2012, 01:27:02 AM »
Warning Long post incoming!

A
Akuryou
Android
Angel
Animal
Arahitogami
Assassin
Atheism
Automaton
B
Bake-danuki
Bakeneko
Beast
Buddha
Buddhism
C
Cat
Celestial
Chimera
Christianity
Crab
Crow
Cryptid
Cyborg
D
Daidarabotchi
Dapeng
Demon
Devil
Divine spirit
Dog
Doll
Dragon (Species)
E
Engineer
F
Fairy
Firefly
Funayuurei
G
Gashadokuro
Gatekeeper
Ghost
God
H
Hakurou Tengu
Hakutaku
Hashihime
Hermit
H cont.
Hobgoblin
Human
Humanoid
I
Immortal
Inugami
J
Jiang Shi
Jubokko
K
Kahaku
Kappa
Karakasa obake
Karasu Tengu
Kasha
Katawa-guruma
Kirin
Kitsune
Kuda-gitsune
L
Lunarian
M
Magician
Maid
Monk
Mouse
N
Namazu
Night Sparrow
Nue (Species)
Nyuudou
O
Oarfish
Okuri-inu
Oni
Outsider
P
Phantom
Plant
Poltergeist
R
Rabbit
Raijuu
Raven
Robot
S
Saigyou Ayakashi
Saint
Samurai
Satori (Species)
Scientist
S cont.
Sea Eagle
Shikaisen
Shikigami
Shinigami
Shinto
Shrine Maiden
Shuchuu
Spirit
T
Tanuki
Taoism
Tengu
Therianthrope
Three Fairies of Light
Tiger
Toad
Tsuchigumo
Tsuchinoko (Species)
Tsukumogami
Tsurube-otoshi
Turtle
U
Ungaikyo
V
Vampire
Vengeful spirit
W
Wanyuudou
Wind Priestess
Wolf
X
Xian
Y
Yaksha
Yama
Yamabiko
Yamainu
Yaoyorozu no Kami
Yatagarasu
Yokurei
Youkai
Yuki-onna
Z
Zashiki-warashi
Zokurei
Zombie

Figured I'd post the Bestiary from the Touhou Wiki for those too lazy to look it up themselves :P Also if I knew what the tags were for openable spoilers rather than the "hidden by black highlight" spoilers I'd have used one, unless someone doesn't mind telling me the tags I can then edit them in :V
Also http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Category:Bestiary
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:29:04 AM by Zork787 »

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »
>Atheism
>Engineer
>Assassin
>Maids

:fail:

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2012, 01:31:26 AM »
dun look at me, I just did a direct copy and paste of what was there :V

But I do agree, some thing's really SHOULDN'T be there, Andriod being another one, since when was the last time an Andriod was in Windows Cannon, and don't say VIVIT as she isn't even a Touhou character :V

Also http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Category:Species_from_Chinese_Mythology
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:40:20 AM by Zork787 »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:47 AM »
Spellcards

Spellcards will still work the same as before, except with a few new things.

Types of Spellcards

Regular Spellcard
-   Maximum of 4 rounds
-    Invincibility is half the length of the spellcard, rounded down, minimum being 1.

Survival Spellcard
-   Minimum of 3 rounds, maximum of 4 rounds.
-   Invincible during the whole duration of the spellcard.
-   Can only be used once per battle.
-   Costs 2 bombs.
-   Can only be created at level 10.
-   Can only have 1 per characters, 2 once reaching level 20.

Last Word
-   5 rounds by default.
-   Can only be used once per campaign
-   Requires the user to have 1 life left.
-   Requires the situation to be more than a friendly duel with no consequences.
-   Can only have 1 per character.
-   You can create your own at level 15 for free, and upgrade it every 5 levels. Requires the spellcards mechanics to be discussed with the GM.
-   The user is not invincible, but the user has to be hit 5 times in order to break the spellcard.

Spellcards? Effects.

The list of costs and effects of the original pdf was pretty bad. Allow me to show you the new one!

Volley: Costs 1 FP, and works like an attack. The ?Number of Volley Per Rounds = Might? rules still stands.

Speed Boost: Costs 5 FP. Prevents any form of escape and greatly speeds you up, making it useful out of battle as well.

Hindrance: A fancy rename of beams. Gives a -1 to your opponent?s dodging roll during this round. Beams aren?t the only thing that can hinder dodging, y?know.

Status Infliction: Costs depends on the status effect and the amount of people that will be inflicted with the status. Statuses will be discussed later and put in an order of power so that you can estimate the costs.

World Effect: Things like time slow, time stop, acceleration, massive scale illusions, etc. are considered World Effects. They will usually cost quite a lot of FP, but makes them not only useful in battle, but also out of. Can only be 1 per round, and the round must contain nothing more than a world effect.

Ungrazable: A very expensive effect, it?s actually a new name for the ??Wide Beam?? effect, which caused the attack to be impossible to graze, and outright killed the target instead. I changed it because it?s not limited to being a Wide Beam; It?s anything you consider impossible to graze, like an explosion an AoE, a humongous volley, etc. Again, only 1 per round, and they can only be the only effect during that particular round.

And finally, my masterpiece (not),

Options!

That?s right, they get their own section. Options are radically different now.

The old Options used to let you fire moar volleys, but that?s silly because paying more for what you could just spend 1 FP on is silly.

The new Options are considered everything that isn?t you in a spellcard. That means things like dolls, portals, etc. Their use is not meant to be shooting bullets, but rather giving spellcards extra effects. Note that you can technically use options without special effects for free. (Like using dolls, but getting no advantages whatsoever from it) Here?s a few examples;

Movement: Summoning dolls that fire for you means you?ll be able to run away while still firing, dodge more easily, etc.

Hindrance: Accompanying your attacks with, for example, orbs of wind that create gusts to prevent flight and disrupts your opponent?s ability to dodge.

Other uses: Anything you can think of. Kamikaze teletubbies, for example! Just think of something, tell the GM what you want it to do, and I?ll tag a price on it!

Volley Effects

1 FP: Element: Infuses your volley with an element.
2 FP: Immobile/Persistent: -1 to the next round?s dodge roll of your opponent?s.
3 FP: Big: -1 to your opponent?s dodge roll.
4 FP: Unpredictable/Curvy: +1 to your hitbox hit roll.
5 FP: Huge: -2 to your opponent?s dodge roll.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2012, 01:40:01 AM »
>Maids

:fail:

Quote from: ZUN
"A maid is a mythical being that all of us have heard about, but have never seen."

:getdown:

EDIT:

Quote from: Ikari
4 FP: Unpredictable/Curvy: +1 to your hitbox hit roll.

FUCK YES! NOW I CAN MAKE MY OWN BULLSHIT CHEAPSHOT BUDDHIST CHARACTER! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:42:07 AM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2012, 01:49:26 AM »
Maids

Does going to Japan and going to a Maid Cafe count as seeing one?

FUCK YES! NOW I CAN MAKE MY OWN BULLSHIT CHEAPSHOT BUDDHIST CHARACTER! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

What a nightmare. My least favorite of all bullets: Curvy Lasers and Master Sparks.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2012, 01:52:47 AM »
At least no one's used a curvy Master Spark in the games. :V

Not yet at least. :getdown:

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2012, 01:56:01 AM »
AH HEAVENS, I DID IT.

My first post in this thread now has a handy-dandy (and huge) table of contents of every topics we've went over so far.

....It feels like we haven't done much, yet done so much.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #462 on: December 19, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
At least no one's used a curvy Master Spark in the games. :V

Not yet at least. :getdown:

GODS NO! Six Master Sparking fairies and self-destructing Nuke fairies was hell enough to just watch! Not to mention random Unzan fists flying everywhere!

« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
so will there be a level cap likes dungeons and dragons which is capped at 30 for pcs and 40 for monsters

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2012, 02:00:03 AM »
Ungrazable you say?

Also I'd like to point out that in the fighters, ungrazable attacks are usually blockable instead, but there are some attacks that just can't blocked or grazed full stop, though those are mainly grab attacks, but there are a few danmaku attacks and spell cards that you can only graze though I forget what they are, then I remember Yukari's Train is unblockable and ungrazeable, so yeah :V

What a nightmare. My least favorite of all bullets: Curvy Lasers and Master Sparks.

Whats so bad about the Master Spark :V

Also Stardust Reverie!

Also dat table of contents!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:03:31 AM by Zork787 »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2012, 02:04:36 AM »
Actually, the first thing that came to mind when I wrote Ungrazeable was a fight I had with Yamame in a game I did a while ago. She'd throw small orbs of miasma that would explode into clouds of poisonous vapors with various effects.

Grazing it means the orb would explode next to you, and actually infect you. Since Ikari is very very grazey, he was freaking tripping at the end of that fight >___>

so will there be a level cap likes dungeons and dragons which is capped at 30 for pcs and 40 for monsters

Probably no level caps, in the sense that the GM will increase the difficulty as the player grows stronger through better youkais and in bigger quantity.

Level 1: Kedama x1
Level 40: Kedama x6   Fairies x3    Cirno x1

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2012, 02:08:58 AM »
Whats so bad about the Master Spark

If your the one going against it, it's a pain. Imperishable Night and Double Spoiler Marisa fights were so damn hard.

« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2012, 02:12:27 AM »
ok i believe i've finished my characters backstory if its missing anything you guys can tell me and i'll add it

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #468 on: December 19, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
Ooh, I like! A monk crow tengu, uh? Nice  :D

I like the name. Misora has such a nice ring to it <3

The only thing left is for you to choose your innate traits and your spells.

« Reply #469 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:29 AM »
Just  a quick question but the innate ability is different from their racial ability and her general power right. so can you give me an example of a innate ability please.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #470 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »
I'm guessing 美空(Misora) = "Beautiful Sky" right. Although I wouldn't know what Hinonami would be since I don't know how the kanji would be split up for the name. Then again, a name can just be a name.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:40:40 AM by Genso »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #471 on: December 19, 2012, 02:29:36 AM »
Just  a quick question but the innate ability is different from their racial ability and her general power right. so can you give me an example of a innate ability please.

The table of contents has two links in the section ''Traits''

The first is examples and a small but vague explanation, and the second is a rule about secondary innate abilities.

If these don't answer your questions, feel free to ask me to clarify things for you!

« Reply #472 on: December 19, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
yes  美空(Misora) you are right on the name but hinonami is just a name me and friends use for some of our original characters or some variation thereof like hinogami or hoshinami

« Reply #473 on: December 19, 2012, 02:37:38 AM »
so would this work for an innate: Accelerated movement: Misora naturally uses her wind manipulation ability to boost her speed during fights so that she can get to her opponent faster then she normally would

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #474 on: December 19, 2012, 02:40:40 AM »
so would this work for an innate: Accelerated movement: Misora naturally uses her wind manipulation ability to boost her speed during fights so that she can get to her opponent faster then she normally would

Yeah, a ''Default first turn'' primary ability would be a great idea. Strategic, simple, nice.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #475 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:22 AM »
Double Post because I can.

Traits

Traits are basically passive abilities that are meant to make your character unique. The passive abilities must be related to either your race, personality, abilities or background story.

It serves as filling the holes in your characters when it comes to gameplay. There will be two kind of traits; Primary and Secondary

Primary Trait: You can only have one. Its effect is considered quite good, and it?s more of a passive ability than something you can activate. (Although some rare exceptions can be made, such as Vengeful Spirits? Thunder abilities)

Secondary Traits: You can have up to two, and for each secondary trait, you need a ?flaw Trait?. A secondary trait works like a primary trait, except its effect is less powerful than the primary trait. It?s more of a small detail or slightly useful thing than a great passive thing.

Flaw Traits: They compensate for your Secondary Traits, and work the same, except they?re meant as a bad thing. The more powerful your secondary traits are, the worse your flaw traits are going to be.

I think this covers traits nicely?

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #476 on: December 19, 2012, 03:07:26 AM »
Yeah, a ''Default first turn'' primary ability would be a great idea. Strategic, simple, nice.

I still need to come up with Yuzuki's traits myself, think I'll go do that in a bit, though after a rather derpy death I had in Imperishable Night I had just now against Reimu COLLIDING WITH ME AS SHE CAME BACK ON SCREEN AFTER THE CHASE SEQUENCE when I was collecting powerups! :V (Miko Kick? :3)

Anyway, what I was thinking was that possibly, maybe we could take unique moments from the main series games, such as Imperishable Night's Stage 4 where Remi/Marisa actually RUN AWAY from the fight and the characters your playing are actually forced to chase after them. Though I cant really think of any other moments quite as unique as that though /shrug

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #477 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:25 AM »
Of course. I think we all assumed that I'd probably be the GM for a while, and I've got plenty of things planned.

I like the chase idea though. Makes things more challenging.

Though I cant really think of any other moments quite as unique as that though /shrug

Bitch get out the way!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #478 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:16 AM »
I still need to come up with Yuzuki's traits myself, think I'll go do that in a bit, though after a rather derpy death I had in Imperishable Night I had just now against Reimu COLLIDING WITH ME AS SHE CAME BACK ON SCREEN AFTER THE CHASE SEQUENCE when I was collecting powerups! :V (Miko Kick? :3)

Anyway, what I was thinking was that possibly, maybe we could take unique moments from the main series games, such as Imperishable Night's Stage 4 where Remi/Marisa actually RUN AWAY from the fight and the characters your playing are actually forced to chase after them. Though I cant really think of any other moments quite as unique as that though /shrug

How about Yuugi (shots danmaku during stage starting from midstage) and Mystia (go straight from midboss to boss)

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #479 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:06 AM »
On a more serious notes, there is also;

- Several Midboss return + sudden, no-nonspell spellcard
- Wriggle kick
- Kaguya X Eirin Team Up