Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212083 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
Ah, a moody sorta guy, eh? He'd probably be determined to try to cheer up Suzu. Despite the fact that her expression is always deadpan.
Same goes for Hibiki, even though she can't really even feel emotions much until she's 'defined herself'.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »
Moody is a pretty good word to describe him <3

He despises liars and sadists, and all the others who pick on the weak for fun. It reminds him of his parents, killed by some mindless beast youkai.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »
Suzu's brand isn't quite the normal though. It's more a case of "They knew what they were getting into when they challenged me, so I'm allowed to have at least a little fun aren't I?"
Basically, it's not wanton sadism, she's pretty neutral outside of fights.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Aah, interesting. Makes sense.

We haven't touched that subject much, but what are your characters views on money?

Ikari pretty much doesn't care. He doesn't need anything that money can buy, so he just gives it away to whoever he likes and needs it. He always keeps a bit just in case, though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:42:41 PM by Ikari »

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »
\(゜ロ\)ココハドコ? (/ロ゜)/アタシハダアレ?

D-damn, listening to you guys talk makes me want to post Kagami's "sidestory" but I know I shouldn't. When will we start this anyway?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
Well, I'm still waiting for you guys to PM me any spells you'd like to have.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
Well, I'll list their views on cash like so.

Hibiki: THinks it's something that's just there.
Suzu: Finds it an irksome necessity to maintain research.
Minako: Finds it helpful, if only to keep food and drink in good supply.

As for my own views?
Hanzo: "I don't have enough! :colonveeplusalpha:"

As for spells, I'm gonna spend most of my night working out those on my own, as well as birth traits.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
As for spells, I'm gonna spend most of my night working out those on my own, as well as birth traits.

Just don't forget to PM me the finished list so we can tag the Fandom Points costs on them. (And possibly nerf/power them)

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2012, 11:48:31 PM »
I have them but I still need to add descriptions to some of them as well as work on homework and work on a second character while finishing a computer model I've been working on.........I hate life......... too much to do, never any time.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
Just don't forget to PM me the finished list so we can tag the Fandom Points costs on them. (And possibly nerf/power them)

That's the plan! I was thinking that Minako's primary would be something like "Adds her current level as a bonus to charm-related rolls" or something.
I'm not sure on Hibiki's or Suzu's though.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
Nice names to the innate abilities would be good too <3

I hate life......... too much to do, never any time.

Story of my life ;__;

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
That's the other 50% of my trouble. I'm sure I can get some inspiration from playing Disgaea or something. They've got just the kind of humor I like using.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #342 on: December 16, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »
God damn you guys are posting too quickly I can't keep up!

Well for one, I'm glad you guys liked Yuzuki's backstory, second I'm surprised no one has considered that she might be a tad OP in her current state, since arne't Youkai suppose to get stronger the older they are, and she's what she's over 800 Year's old, heck she's even been in Gensokyo since the Great Hakurei Barrier was formed! Even if she was just passing through when it happened :V

Though the main thing that makes her OP is her age, as she has learned quite a lot about magic in her lifetime, learning all about magic from different parts of the world before being trapped in Gensokyo, and due to all her travelling, her magical powers have become really quite potent and powerful, so much so that even everyone's favourite overpowered sunflower youkai Yuuka would have some trouble in a fight with Yuzuki, but I do have a plan in mind to resolve this, though I'll leave it for when she makes her grand entrance into an actual Scenario in the game itself :P

as for why I didn't touch her stats, mainly because I wasn't sure what to do with them at the moment.

As for Spellcards, well due to Yuzuki being in isolation when the spell card rule was created, has pretty much no idea that such a thing even exist, and one thing Yuzuki hates, is having her power limited so when she does find out about the spell card rules, she ain't exactly gonna be too chuffed about it and will probably just outright refuse to use em, though how she comes around to the idea of using spell cards is tied in with what I have in mind for resolving her OPness.

As for the traits, I think I have something in mind that could work for her.

That's the other 50% of my trouble. I'm sure I can get some inspiration from playing Disgaea or something. They've got just the kind of humor I like using.
Disgaea, fuck yeah!
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »
Yyyyyyyyeaaaaaahhh that's a major issue.

We will all start on a similar foot of equality, so OPness is a big no-no :I

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Yyyyyyyyeaaaaaahhh that's a major issue.

We will all start on a similar foot of equality, so OPness is a big no-no :I
Yeah I know, and the more I think about it, more I think, "maybe I should just have what happens to her happen in the form of a flashback" or something and just have her enter the game on equal footing to everyone else, that'll probably work better in the long run, though we'll see,

Unless if you want, I can just explain the idea I have here and then we can see what we can do with it, though I was hoping it would be a bit of a surprise but oh well :V

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #345 on: December 16, 2012, 12:42:23 AM »
Well for one, I'm glad you guys liked Yuzuki's backstory, second I'm surprised no one has considered that she might be a tad OP in her current state, since arne't Youkai suppose to get stronger the older they are, and she's what she's over 800 Year's old, heck she's even been in Gensokyo since the Great Hakurei Barrier was formed! Even if she was just passing through when it happened :V

Kagami is over 1000 years old so I think it's fine. Although she was a bit of a recluse until recently. She was actually a pretty weak youkai at first that became stronger because of a certain event (the mentioned "sidestory") So she's still gaining power. I guess that's what makes the difference.

As for Spellcards, well due to Yuzuki being in isolation when the spell card rule was created, has pretty much no idea that such a thing even exist, and one thing Yuzuki hates, is having her power limited so when she does find out about the spell card rules, she ain't exactly gonna be too chuffed about it and will probably just outright refuse to use em, though how she comes around to the idea of using spell cards is tied in with what I have in mind for resolving her OPness.

This could be the thing that limits her power to be less OP. The fact that she's not used to the spellcard rules can mean that she's unknowiingly underpowering some spellcards while overpowering some other ones. If you guys look closely at the Spellcard rules, you may be able to get a glimpse of Kagami's past ;).

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #346 on: December 16, 2012, 12:52:33 AM »
This could be the thing that limits her power to be less OP. The fact that she's not used to the spellcard rules can mean that she's unknowiingly underpowering some spellcards while overpowering some other ones. If you guys look closely at the Spellcard rules, you may be able to get a glimpse of Kagami's past ;).

I'm actually  REALLY looking forward to haveing some fun with the fact that Yuzuki is very new to the spell card system that's for sure! An example of what could possibly happen include but are not limited to, Underpowered Spellcards, Patterns not going correctly, less danmaku being fired than there should be, and finally my favourite! The spellcard blows up in your face!

Hell, it's almost considered a regulation!

While I'm at it, I might as well list Ikari's odd habits.

- He hates drinking. He says it's because of the taste, but it's also because it weakens the seal on his emotions, making him have radical moodswings. ''I'LL MURDER ALL OF YOUR FAMILY! *cries like there's no tommorow* I really love life and all of you guys!''

- He can't stand seeing someone being depressed and will try to cheer up this person through any means.

- He has a soft spot for kids, including kid-like youkais.

- He LOVES to rant on and on about anything magic related.

- Death doesn't frighten him, losing those that are truly close to him does.

...Sorry for this random outburst of random facts :c

Perhaps there could be a Trivia section on the character sheet for any little bits of random info on your character you weren't able to include anywhere else or something?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #347 on: December 16, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
I'm actually  REALLY looking forward to haveing some fun with the fact that Yuzuki is very new to the spell card system that's for sure! An example of what could possibly happen include but are not limited to, Underpowered Spellcards, Patterns not going correctly, less danmaku being fired than there should be, and finally my favourite! The spellcard blows up in your face!

You'd be surprised at how often that happened during the games I had with my friends ;__;

Perhaps there could be a Trivia section on the character sheet for any little bits of random info on your character you weren't able to include anywhere else or something?

Sure, though not everyone likes showing off their little trivial bits. I prefer showing mine through actually roleplaying the game, but since we were still far from ready, I just shared them ^^

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #348 on: December 16, 2012, 01:45:16 AM »
Sure, though not everyone likes showing off their little trivial bits. I prefer showing mine through actually roleplaying the game, but since we were still far from ready, I just shared them ^^
yeah that's a good point and probably the better thing to do really.

And I should probably with a few basic spell cards for Yuzuki as well as some traits for her or something though Ill do it later when I can think of something :V

You'd be surprised at how often that happened during the games I had with my friends ;__;

lol, I can imagine, though in yuzuki's case, it's gonna be a case of unpredictable things are gonna happen with her spellcards untill she gets the hang with how they work, which shouldn't take more than the length of an incident or two. So overall, not that long, since she isn't exactly suppose to me a comic relief character, though I probably will make a comic relief character at some point :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #349 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »
lol, I can imagine, though in yuzuki's case, it's gonna be a case of unpredictable things are gonna happen with her spellcards untill she gets the hang with how they work, which shouldn't take more than the length of an incident or two. So overall, not that long, since she isn't exactly suppose to me a comic relief character, though I probably will make a comic relief character at some point :V

Ikari's more of a comic relief with a hidden deep side.

Let's just say spellcards working in mysterious ways didn't have anything to do with the user, but rather with the fact that when you combine a magician with a love for nuking things with huge fireballs with a rabbit that controls luck and a Kitsune who uses illusions, it gives FUN RESULTS.

Even more so in a battle royale involving a lazy reaper, a drunk oni and a demonic nekomata.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2012, 03:01:01 AM »
Ikari's more of a comic relief with a hidden deep side.

Let's just say spellcards working in mysterious ways didn't have anything to do with the user, but rather with the fact that when you combine a magician with a love for nuking things with huge fireballs with a rabbit that controls luck and a Kitsune who uses illusions, it gives FUN RESULTS.

Even more so in a battle royale involving a lazy reaper, a drunk oni and a demonic nekomata.
Did you just reference Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth?

and I did have something else say, but I lost my train of though :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2012, 03:03:46 AM »
Did you just reference Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth?

I don't think so? If so, how? O_o

and I did have something else say, but I lost my train of though :V

I messed with your subconscious :3

Anyway, someone just PM me spells or something :I

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:36 AM »
I don't think so? If so, how? O_o
I dunno, I just remembered the fight that Yorihimi had with the main cast in Chapter 6, which funilly enough was the first time the Spell Card rules was used at the Lunar Capital.

I messed with your subconscious :3
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!-

Anyway, someone just PM me spells or something :I

Patience Padawan, only soon will you realise the TRUE POWER of the Dark Side of the Spell Card Rules!

Spoiler:
idontevenfuckingknow

But in all seriousness, I'll get right on it :V

Also I've been meaning to ask you to do that pros and cons thing you've been doing with Yuzuki.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »
Pros:

- Yay for starrrrs! No seriously I think that's a pretty interesting concept.
- Dat Biography. Dat. Biography.

Cons

- Girls have cooties :I

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2012, 04:16:01 AM »
- Girls have cooties :I
Oh gawd.... COOTIES!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLZ!!!!

Though in regards to the spell cards, had no luck coming up with anything solid yet, so I'll probably just think on it for the time being.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
I would've come up with some spells and stuff the other night, but I kinda got sidetracked by my bed. ^^;
I can't help it! It's so warm and comfortable!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
I would've come up with some spells and stuff the other night, but I kinda got sidetracked by my bed. ^^;
I can't help it! It's so warm and comfortable!

Aren't they!? I'm 90 % sure beds are just evil energy-leeching aliens who ensnare us in their malicious embrace of pure heavenly warmth  :ohdear:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
Then why do we end up so well-rested afterwards?! :ohdear:
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »
Aren't they!? I'm 90 % sure beds are just evil energy-leeching aliens who ensnare us in their malicious embrace of pure heavenly warmth  :ohdear:
Express delivery: confirmation of the above in 1980s movie format.

Enjoy! :)

Latest works
The Strongest

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
Then why do we end up so well-rested afterwards?! :ohdear:

They obviously inject a powerful brain toxin in your brain right before you wake up, making you not only more awake but also more addicted to the act of ''Sleeping''.  ::)

Express delivery: confirmation of the above in 1980s movie format.

Enjoy! :)

Is there any crazy idea that DIDN'T become a movie?!