Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212011 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2012, 04:04:07 AM »
It's hard to say much with just the personality and "equipment," But I can match the personality to the picture you posted earlier. She reminds a little of Phiased Pescar from Last Comer. She was also a magician and her power was the ability to reading the future from the stars. She was also an oddball as well.

Btw, for the name. I want to ask about the meaning of 夏空優月. I know the first two are summer sky (Don't think I'm going with summer void in this case <.< ), but what about the last two. I'm not really sure what it means. I know that 優 is excellent/superior/great (also happens to be the kanji for my Japanese name, Yuu, although it's more commonly used for girls >.> ) and 月 is moon. So is it great moon? Maybe I'm just over analyzing things and it's just a name... (great moon in the summer sky?)

I've never actually played The Last Comer before I wouldn't know who that character is :P

as for her name, yeah, teh Kanji of her Surname, Natsura, are indeed Summer Sky, as for her first name, Yuzuki, I took the Kanji from this page, its at the bottom of the page, and only saw that it meant moon, so I just rolled with it :V

Edit: Ah, The Last Comer is a Danmakufu game script :V
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:07:51 AM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2012, 04:24:57 AM »
Last Comer is a Touhou danmaku-type fangame with characters based on Christianity (basically "let's make Christianity moe just like what happened to Buddhism, Shintoism, and Taoism") The theme of the game is Astronomy: Marry Shephard (a shepard), Colin Sharite (a vampire who needs very little blood to survive), Phiased Pescar (an astronomer magician [think 3 wise men]), Mumumu Mikaboshi (Lucifer/Satan), Janet Arc'Angelo (an angel [specifically, one of the trumpeters when the world ends]), Michel Sant'Angelo (archangel Michael), Sanae, Iesua Nazarenus (Jesus), and Elfin Mint (an elf/fairy).

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »
Checking this again, it seems like you did skills! Which used to be very broken. I had a player who could probably intimidate any other character in Gensokyo. Yeah.

Also, hurray, I'm not the only one who knows about The Last Comer! A character that is like Phiased would be... weird. She herself looks really out of place in Gensokyo.

P.S. If anyone is reading this that is good at translating stuff, The Last Comer's script still needs to be translated. The script itself is on my post on this thread here.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
A character that is like Phiased would be... weird. She herself looks really out of place in Gensokyo.
That would be my character, at least according to Genso she is, though I haven't played The Last Corner, as I usually just stick with the main Touhou games and not Danmakufu scripts, I wouldn't know what Phiased is like, and apart from seeing her art and her theme, I don't actually know anything about her, but any similarities are coincidental at best though, as I never knew anything about The Last Comer before Genso mentioned it in this thread.

Back on topic, I'm actually writing out my characters Biography now and I'm at her childhood, and I'm stuck to weather she should have been the kid that had something special about them, or was just the Average Jane and stuff happens, not really sure what would sound more interesting to read (You can tell I'm not really a Writer can't you :P). And I should probably mention that she was born in 12th Century Scotland if that helps.

« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »
me and my friend were going through his old rpg stuff and found a copy of the pdf for this in  it and some other old touhou stuff but what got my attention was a race of his here it is

Gap youkai:
Once every 3 rounds in combat if an opponent is using a spellcard the gap youkai can use it power of boundaries to redirect one attack volley back at the opponent with -2 to its hit roll

the gap youkai gives no bonus outside of combat besides being able to see a person u know from anywhere in gensokyo

just thought it might be interesting to u guys

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
Hmm...Kagami's got an interesting bit of info. Wonder why Vampires are her natural enemy? Playing off the old 'No Reflection' bit of lore are you?
Knowing Hibiki, she'd just stare blankly. (The only emotion she can express in any remotely easy way is confusion. Until she's defined/re-defined herself, you could say she's on autopilot.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »
Hmm...Kagami's got an interesting bit of info. Wonder why Vampires are her natural enemy? Playing off the old 'No Reflection' bit of lore are you?

You got it. Since it's said that a vampire has no reflection (as well as certain other creatures in western mythologies), I thought that it would make sense that most mirror-related attacks and spellcards would be less effective. Although apparently, it wasn't as well known as I thought. "Modernism, What have you done to mythology!" That said, she still has a certain attack she can use to combat vampires, although it's risky to use normally (This shall be my ace against vampires).

I'm stuck to weather she should have been the kid that had something special about them, or was just the Average Jane and stuff happens, not really sure what would sound more interesting to read (You can tell I'm not really a Writer can't you :P). And I should probably mention that she was born in 12th Century Scotland if that helps.

You should go with your gut. But in the case that your asking because you don't trust it, I shall arbitrarily say that stuff happens. As far as I can tell, I don't recall any sort of link between Scotland and astronomy since many discoveries about the universe occurred later. Perhaps she's one of the first astronomers in Scotland?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »
Usually with something like that though, there's always more than that. Like how in the touhou-verse, there's the Tanuki-Kitsune Feud, which has been presumed by some to be over land, or something inane like a bad prank gone horribly wrong.
Is there more of a motivation to it? Like say, her not liking how she can't reflect them.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »
I was actually gonna mention it later during actual game play where she would reveal why she hates vampires during an incident involving one. But if you want to hear it now, I'm fine with it. Although it'll ruin the "surprise" I guess  ;).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »
You can always just PM it, it'll be useful for bouncing things during an incident where they end up having to work together.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »
Interesting thought having Hibiki and Kagami work together. Perhaps this will be one of those cases where character development is possible *nods head up and down while crossing arms with eyes closed* Anyway, I would have to type if up somewhere (probably in another notepad) since I was planning t add it in the main notepad when the "event" is triggered. So I guess I will send it some time later once I get things in order; most likely friday since I have an exam this week.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »
Who knows? There might be a potential reason for them to have to work together. And like I said earlier, Hibiki would just be puzzled by it. (After all, she's pretty much 'on autopilot'.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2012, 12:51:38 AM »
I think the magnificient (friendly :I) pairing I can imagine already is an Ikari and Hibiki adventure.

Ikari is basically a Large Ham with a love for over-emotive reactions, dramatic speeches, putting feelings in all he does and getting people to feel things.

Also I've realized that all of you guys made such interesting characters, it's almost a shame to use them in a pen and paper rpg instead of an actual roleplay thing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2012, 12:55:46 AM »
I know, right? Oh well, at least Minako and Hibiki have potential for use in other things.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »
True, but it's hard to find RPs that last. So I thought this might be interesting since it's all "written" out.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2012, 01:00:07 AM »
We should all RP together sometime.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »
We should all RP together sometime.
I'm liking this idea, but first I need to finish my characters Bio :P though if we did, how'd we go about it, MSN, Skype, IRC?

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
O.O Pasuhead Koishi.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:13 AM »
I'm liking this idea, but first I need to finish my characters Bio :P though if we did, how'd we go about it, MSN, Skype, IRC?

Any of them is fine by me <3

Skype would probably be the most practical for me, but really, anything goes.

O.O Pasuhead Koishi.

It's all in your subconcious.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2012, 01:43:24 AM »
O.O Pasuhead Koishi.
The Pasuhead shall dominate ALL!!!

Skype would probably be the most practical for me, but really, anything goes.
Then we could probably organise something then, though the only issue is Timezones, plus having direct contact with each other would be a good way to discus ToPL Redux too.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2012, 01:46:20 AM »

Oh god I love your avatar.

Then we could probably organise something then, though the only issue is Timezones, plus having direct contact with each other would be a good way to discus ToPL Redux too.

Yeah, organizing in advance is pretty much the only way we'll manage >_> And I agree, skype would be indeed more useful for the Redux.

Who's in so far?

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
Who's in so far?

I don't mind joining, but I'm the farthest from you guys (inferring) I'm guessing you guys are 2-3 hours ahead in the Central time Zone.

It's a dream come true! *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2012, 01:54:23 AM »
I don't mind joining, but I'm the farthest from you guys (inferring) I'm guessing you guys are 2-3 hours ahead in the Central time Zone.

I have a weird (lack of) sleep cycle.

It's a dream come true! *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

It is! But seriously, we've taken cute Touhou chibi heads into a cult. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »
Oh god I love your avatar.
I know rite!

Who's in so far?

Dat be me!

I'm in the UK myself but.

I have a weird (lack of) sleep cycle.
Same goes for me :P

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:04 AM »
I hesitate to say I'll be able to join until at least the 21st.

God knows I'd love to have time before then, though. :(

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
Same goes for me :P

I do too... -_-' Not sure how this'll work...

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:14 AM »
I hesitate to say I'll be able to join until at least the 21st.

God knows I'd love to have time before then, though. :(

I don't even know if I'll have time as well. My school is terribly unpredictable, considering this is my last year before college.

''OH HEY SURPRISE, 10000 PROJECTS!''

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »
I do too... -_-' Not sure how this'll work...
I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I don't even know if I'll have time as well. My school is terribly unpredictable, considering this is my last year before college.

''OH HEY SURPRISE, 10000 PROJECTS!''
Seems that I'm the only one with ANY sort of free time at the moment :V

And by free time I mean all I do all day is lurk on the forums and watch Youtube videos all day :P

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I believe this topic has gone completely off the rails :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2012, 03:06:50 AM »
Seems that I'm the only one with ANY sort of free time at the moment :V

And by free time I mean all I do all day is lurk on the forums and watch Youtube videos all day :P

*flails around wildly while trying to yell out in rage, the continuous river of foam coming out of his mouth making it a difficult task*

I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Yeah, we will :P

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:21 AM »
*flails around wildly while trying to yell out in rage, the continuous river of foam coming out of his mouth making it a difficult task*
Believe me, when thats been your life for the past several years, you get kinda sick of it