Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV Thread - Unleash the Anima Weapons(Patch 3.15 is out!)  (Read 7963 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (and its expansion, Heavensward) is a Subscription-based MMORPG developed by Square Enix, the game hosts a huge variety of classes and jobs, from the nimble ninja to the berserking warrior to the all classic white and black mages unfortunately no red/blue mages yet, sadface.

Unlike most other MMOs of today, it is heavily story-driven, from the beginning of the game all the way to bleeding-edge content, the game simply oozes with story and lore - the ultimate example of this is the sheer fact that you cannot access any of the Heavensward content without having first finished  the entire story for A Realm Reborn. It also allows you to effectively experience the entire game with a single character, allowing you to play all classes with the same character - this includes non-combat classes, known as the Disciples of the Land (Miner, Fisher, Botanist) and the Disciples of the Hand (Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, etc.)

The game also distinguishes itself in having a much shorter wait for content updates than other MMOs - for the most part, it's a 3-month wait between patches - and always having plenty to do regardless. It is also known for regularly having the devs speaking to the players in LIVE Letters, and generally taking both a lot of feedback from players and their suggestions for new content. Oh and you can gamble your sorrows away in the Gold Saucer.

If you are interested in the game at all, you can play a free trial of the game by making an account through steam. The trial stops you at level 20, and does not give you access to many features, but the core of the game is still there, and these 20 levels should be more than enough to see if you want to spend the cash to actually play the game (note: do it it's a great game).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright now that introductions are done, let's talk 3.1.

LIVE Letter 25 Official Translation
LIVE Letter  25 Unofficial Translation
Official Trailer for 3.1
Preliminary 3.1 Patch Notes
Full 3.1 Patch Notes

Summary:

Patch 3.1 has been confirmed for release on the 10th of November. It will have 2 new dungeons (Pharos Sirius (Hard) and the Saint Mocianne's Arboretum), the new 24-man raid, Void Ark (which will drop either ilvl 200 or 205 gear along with Esoterics Upgrading items), Island Explorations (which will be open-world content that should drop high ilvl items with randomized stats), new story (
Spoiler:
Krile has been confirmed to make an appearance, along with what people are speculating to be the Warrior of Darkness
), Lord of Verminion (MINION COLISEUM!!!!!!!) and a new Minstrel's Ballad (
Spoiler:
this time being the final boss of the Heavensward storyline
).

I'm personally extremely excited for 3.1, Void Ark already piques my interest (
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT DIABLOS IS BACK
) but what really makes me hyped is the new Minstrel's Ballad. Maybe I can finally stop getting my butt kicked by Jiggly Butt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The half-patch 3.15 has been released and includes the new Scholasticate Side Story missions and the new relic (Anima Weapons), patch notes are here.

List of MotKers:

Sacchi - Sacchi Hikaru on Cactuar
Garlyle - Alvis Yune on Adamantoise
Arashi Kurobara - Tempest Blackrose on Adamantoise
Jq1970 - Jei Kyu on Adamantoise
Infernal Exuro - Violet Nolansson on Gilgamesh
Ryuu - Lyori Raha on Diabolos
PX - Macaiah Altina on Exodus
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:00:59 AM by Astrologian Sacchi »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Final Fantasy XIV Thread - Infinitely waiting for 3.1
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:49:55 AM »
Hell ye FFXIV.

Alvis Yune on Adamantoise.

Currently unsubscribed until 3.1 hits more due to cash than anything but oh man you bet your ass I'm hyped to not be able to do the Minstrel's Ballad because I'm about 185 in all three roles hell yeah not grinding Esoterics and not doing Savage 8D

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:52:19 AM »
not be able to do the Minstrel's Ballad because I'm about 185 in all three roles hell yeah not grinding Esoterics and not doing Savage 8D

And I'm too fresh a 60! I have moooost of my law at least (and a ring even upgraded!).

Tempest Blackrose on Adamantoise spoilers we're like all there.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:09:58 AM »
The esoterics grind is indeed a drag, but it shouldn't be too bad. Void ark has been confirmed to be min ilvl 170 (iirc) and it should drop gear equivalent to esoterics so getting to 190 shouldn't be too bad.

Worst case you can run some Island Explorations until you get lucky and drop some i210 gear, but that's gonna be... less than optimal :V

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:19:03 AM »
Yeah I'm getting close to i170 at least, only like 860 more law~ (4 accessories). Need to really really hardcore hunt so I can get seals to upgrade 'em while I work on eso.

I am going to be absurdly tall once I get my eso hat, max height roegadame and SCH's hat is a huge tophat. :V

EDIT: I maded a glamour now that my gear is going to be halfway stable for a while. I prefer rolanberry red but I had a book that'd go with Dalamud plus MAELSTRONG. (Also I think the eso book is roughly that color too so that'll be nice.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:25:26 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
Yeah I'm getting close to i170 at least, only like 860 more law~ (4 accessories). Need to really really hardcore hunt so I can get seals to upgrade 'em while I work on eso.

You can buy law upgrading items with straight-up law, if you ever get tired of hunts.

I don't know how it is on adamantoise but cactuar has some problems with early pullers.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my daily roulettes on my DRK, screwing with friends with my NIN and levelling my AST for good measure. I'm having fun healing, actually.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »
Oh right, guess I should put myself in here for now, though I'm only in the trial for now; still gotta decide if I'm gonna get the actual game later though it's looking probable.

Jei Kyu on Adamantoise

(see what I did there?  =p  I wanted my usual name but since they want first and last names I improvised.)

I started as a GLA, but I'm having quite a bit of fun as a THM for now except when I find myself wishing I had a tank partner to draw agro so I could cast without having my face beaten in.  So far I'm Lv 10 in GLA/GSM/THM.  Might mess with WVR or whatever Weaver's 3-letter-callsign is since I'm playing a lot as a caster right now, see if I can make any good equips for myself.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 02:23:47 AM »
You can buy law upgrading items with straight-up law, if you ever get tired of hunts.

I don't know how it is on adamantoise but cactuar has some problems with early pullers.

Oh! That'll help. We don't seem toooo bad with it but having another avenue is good for sure especially since I teeeeeechnically have two jobs to gear (I don't plan on using SMN much but I'd like to at least get it into law gear, not even gonna start considering eso until I finish that grind for SCH :V)

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 03:39:17 AM »
I do play this, but sorta hit a point where I'm tired of trudging through the content between 2.0 and 3.0. Only class I have leveled past 30 is SMN at 52. Just haven't had time nor motivation to keep going on. :V

Violet Nolansson on Gilgamesh, if I'm ever around.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »
For the other people playing, how is the PF looking on your servers? On cactuar is feels like it's always just people either looking for pugs on Alex Savage clears or people looking for statics. With the occasional pony farm and FATE grinding PF here and there. Is it the same in other places? Or is it way more varied in what people are doing?

Meanwhile, I've been levelling my Astrologian, playing healer has been surprisingly fun, despite what people say. I've gotten shat on by teammates a whole lot of once in all of my dungeon runs, and it's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. Frankly, I feel way more stressed out playing nina than I do healer, especially since as a Healer I have "OH SHIT" buttons for emergency situations (and most of the time all the healing my tanks need is just a quick regen :V)

Also, update on Exploratory Missions there will be small, optinal objectives (kinda like the dungeon objectives, but optional) which will give out Esoterics when completed. So the Esoterics grind should be less ass.

(Also, question, should I pile up all of the info that we have on 3.1 on a single post or just link it to an official source?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:56:06 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Lyori Raha on Diabolos

For the other people playing, how is the PF looking on your servers? On cactuar is feels like it's always just people either looking for pugs on Alex Savage clears or people looking for statics. With the occasional pony farm and FATE grinding PF here and there. Is it the same in other places? Or is it way more varied in what people are doing?

I'm coming back from a couple month break so idk what my PF is like now, but it was basically like this before 3.0 launch. if my static buddies ever get rolling, I'd like to do learning parties on my server tho

(Also, question, should I pile up all of the info that we have on 3.1 on a single post or just link it to an official source?)

either or, please. or wait, it IS coming in like a week so it'd be okay if you didn't wanna go through the effort and we could just wait for patch notes.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
YOSHIP DOES INTERVIEWS AND REVEALS A LOT OF NEW INFO ON 3.1

- Patch Note Reading has been scheduled of Nov 9th.
- Preliminary Patch Notes will be released on Nov 6th (tomorrow!) assuming everything goes smoothly.
- Remember that the Nov 10th patch will last 24h.
- The name of the patch ("As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness") refers to three things:
** The grudges, boundary and conflict between man and Dragon.
** The Darkness of the Void Ark VS the bright adventures on the Diadem (Exploratory Missions)
Spoiler:
The Warrior of Light Vs the Warrior of Darkness
- Starting in 3.X, they want players to be able to unlock Primal Battles without having to progress through the story. This does not apply to regular dungeons.
- About
Spoiler:
Krile's
cat-eared hood, they will not be implementing it just yet, thanks to things such as the Miqoo'te ears and so on. Seems like they're working on it though.
- New Minstrel's Ballad will need coordination to clear it - they compared it to T9 (:ohdear:) and will have lots of gimmicks from 2.X EX Primals. The LIVE Letter also said that "A DPS Check is not what will make it hard."
- Void Ark's Difficulty will be similar to World of Darkness (so piss easy).
- Dropped equipment's iLevel will be "very useful for subjobs".
- They learned their lesson with the LotA FATE, Void Ark will be easy and quick to unlock.
- They're thinking about how to prevent players mass leaving in the middle of the content (specifically citing Bards leaving after WoD's 2nd boss only wanting the chestpiece) but it's gonna be hard.
- New Expert Roulette will only have Pharos Sirius(Hard) and Saint Mocianne's Arboretum (this is nothing new, Expert Roulette has always been only the latest dungeons.)
- Neverreap and Fractal Continuum will become part of a new Level 60 Dungeons Roulette.
- High-Level Roulette will be renamed to "Level 50 Dungeons".
- YoshiP comments on how they do final quality checks - by making the staff play on classes they are not at all comfortable with, creating cases of "DPSs that only care about deeps, panicking tanks and casual healers".
- They are wary of implementing hard 4-man dungeons as the burden on healers will be intensive, YoshiP does admit to wanting to do it, even if it's only one.
- Airship Explorations will have an iLvl of 179 minimum (welp).
- If you have a high-ranked Airship, it will be relatively easy to unlock Hard.
- Going from Ishgard requires every person to pay a 700 Gil fee, Players will be matched in the style of 1 Tank 2 Healers 5 DPS. No restrictions imposed on premades.
- YoshiP says that i210 Aetherial Equipment will not be that hard to drop. Hunting continuously for 90 minutes "will probably yield a few."
- Difficulty only affects enemy Strength and Drop Rate (which probably means one can get i210 stuff even on easy mode).
- Grade V Materia can be acquired from Spiritbonding crafted equipment made from Diadem mats.
- Exploratory missions will stay as-is until 3.3. 3.2 will be focused on adjusting current content.
- Afro is exchanged for MGP
- Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quests will give the dance and also new dyes.
- Level 50 Dungeons will give experience depending on how long they take to finish.
- Half of active players have cleared Alex Normal by the end of October.
- Savage clear numbers are lower than expected (yeah no shit.)
- They'll keep an eye on clear numbers, will make adjustments if necessary on 3.15
- Alex on 3.2 will probably not use the same normal/savage division.
- YoshiP wants to make a Easy/Medium/Savage difficulty tiers but they don't have the staff necessary for that.
- YoshiP wants to make a cross-world, raid-only PF system, but tihs is just an idea for now.
- PLD's main problem is compatibility with current content.
- No adjustments will be made to PLD DPS, but will be done to their TP costs. They're also aware that Clemency/Divine Veil don't get much use on current content.
- There will be no adjustments to Seal Rock until 3.2, along with the release of Wolve
- They specifically mention that the materia changes in 3.2 will keep raid gear being the strongest.
- They have no plans to implement actual VR to the game.

One main thing is that now we'll have two level 60 roulettes to get our esoterics from, which is fucking awesome, along with the diadem and void ark esoterics grinding should be way less ass now.

@Edit:

Preliminary patch notes are up.

GET HYPE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:26:07 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 01:40:26 AM »
WELL PEOPLE DON'T POST SO I'M GONNA POST.

Patch 3.1 Full Notes were released a few days back.

...And patch 3.1 predownload is now available.

The subreddit is doing their job datamining stuff.

So far highlights seem to be the fact that some pieces of Void Ark gear are going to be BiS (not counting Gordian Gear) and the fact that, in general, the weapons from the new Minstrel's Ballad are really fucking amazing. Pretty much everyone got Crit/Det, including paladin. Notable exceptions are WAR with Skill Speed/Crit, DRK with  Crit/Parry, all three healers with piety + something (Spell Speed for WHM, Crit for AST, Determination for SCH (RIP)). They also seem to have one more phys dmg point than unupgraded eso weps and one less than Gordian Weps/Upgraded Esos.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 02:06:11 AM »
weapons from the new Minstrel's Ballad [. . . ] Determination for SCH (RIP)

all our crit went to Void Ark

My FC's gonna blind run Void Ark tomorrow man I hope we can even manage to squeeze together a full alliance.

Mr. Sacchi

Servers are up an hour early, everyone get hype.

@edit:

MUDRAS ARE NOW FUCKING PERFECT WHAT IS THIS NO LATENCY BULLSHIT

WHAT EVEN ARE MUDRAS ANYMORE I LOVE THIS PATCH ALREADY TIME TO COMPLETELY RELEARN NINJA
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:21:34 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
So uh

If you get bads in Void Ark it's going to suck.  The strain on healers' backs is real. 
Spoiler:
I don't just mean in the general "augh this is taking forever" I mean jesus christ the third boss is just constantly damaging everyone everywhere on top of avoidable damage and be ready for a clusterfuck on the last boss if the tank doesn't learn to prevent vuln up stacks because they are eventually going to get oneshot.  Also one of the bosses will just straight up enrage if it hits too many people with its AoEs.

Hand mobs in Qarn HM are bugged and you get locked in place even after they die, don't go there until a hotfix.
If you have your retainer out when you enter an instance he'll be lost to the void until a hotfix (just put them away when instance pops before you accept).
I heard something about Sohm Al being bugged but haven't seen details.

And I'm not reading Garlyle's spoiler on Void Ark but
The strain on healers' backs is real.
* Arashi Kurobara sobs

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Oh yeah speaking of bugs if you want to be a massive hilarious troll you can now knockback Manipulator in A4 with Fluid Aura.  You specifically have to hit the main body when it's up but yeah.

PX

• School Idol?
Hi
Macaiah Altina on Exodus

Mr. Sacchi

So uh

If you get bads in Void Ark it's going to suck.  The strain on healers' backs is real.

Applies equally to WoD. If people can't mechanics, it's gonna suck.

I'm giving people a pass though, simply because it's still day 1 and some people (like me) genuinely want to discover mechanics by themselves.

Also, the MSQ is glorious.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
the str meta is making me sad b/c all of my tanks are just sitting there getting facefucked by every single pull and I just have to keep spamming cure 2 until I go oom

if only people used cooldowns

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Oh, I guess I'm joining the bandwagon, huh?

Well, kind of: I'm doing the trial right now. It's super good, and I'm loving it and as soon as classes are done for the semester I'm going to get a copy. Anyways, I'm on Adamantoise as Takhi Mewrilah.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Seriously considering hopping into this..... as soon as i buy a decent pc  :V

The one i'm using right now have worse performance than my kitchen's oven......

Mr. Sacchi

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Thread - Unleash the Anima Weapons(Patch 3.15 is out!)
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 02:59:14 AM »
The game isn't as demanding of a high-end PC as some other games out there, but yes, if you have a potato, it's not going to run it.

So... patch 3.15 is out, releasing a lot of QoL improvements, bugfixes - the usual stuff. This time around though, the big deals are the new Scholasticate Quests (A new sidestory quest beginning at level 56 and then at 60, probably following
Spoiler:
Briadien and the crew of Hildibrand
) and the Animea Weapons - the new chain of Relic Quests.

I personally haven't done the Scholasticate yet, but as far as I've seen from the Anima Weapons, it really isn't all that bad. They have learned quite a bit from their original mistakes.

Step 0 involves talking to rowena, then talking to NPCs at Azys Lla.

Step 1 involves talking to a new NPC that tells you about the "new atmas", which can be acquired randomly by doing FATEs in the heavensward area with any job of your choice. Very easy to double-dip and get this done while levelling alts. People are reporting fairly high drop rates too (at least, when compared to the original release atmas). Having a Zodiac Zeta allows you to skip this step entirely.

Step 2 involves doing all of the dungeons from 2.4 forward in order, all the way to The Vault while equipped with your Animated Esoterics weapon (acquired from finishing Step 1), with the exception of the Heavensward dungeons, this can be done unsynced.

Step 3 involves grabbing four different items which can be acquired by either:

1- Trading in tokens from Alexander Normal
2- Randomly through high-level maps
3- Buying them with Poetics/Esoterics/Allied Seals/Literally any sort of currency you can probably think of.

...which means, you can do almost anything in the game with any class and still be making progress towards your relic.

So... good on you enix. Good on you.