Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139664 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #900 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
Fuck you Crossroads of Heaven.

Fuck you Illusionary Dominance.

Why is there a boss where the best strategy is praying to the RNG.

« Reply #901 on: November 23, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
Boundary between Youkai and something in PCB Phantasm.

Because of you i lost about 7 bombs and a life fuck me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #902 on: November 23, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
GO DAMN IT OKUU
Failed a perfect Utsuho fight on the 4th nonspell after finally getting a perfect through Mega Flare.
At least I found a better strategy for Nuclear Fusion involving redirecting the suns to the sides so I have more fire time on Utsuho.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #903 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
Well that was special.
[attach=1]
Even if 1/3 of the failures was getting kicked in the teeth for milking her blue orbs. :derp:

« Reply #904 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, still 30 seconds to go. Getting the hang of it though.

Edit: down to the last seven seconds, damn.

Edit 2: and now I'm utterly useless, just beautiful. Break time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:45:34 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #905 on: November 25, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #906 on: November 25, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
Screw Yukari.

That is all.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #907 on: November 25, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
Got to Mamizou's surivival card for the first time.

Died on the first carnivore wave.

What?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #908 on: November 25, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »
I swear Marisa, if you were not so outright cheap for a Stage 4 Boss [Seriously, I find her attacks harder to dodge than Stage 6 bosses!], I'd use the Border Team and have cleared IN by now.

But no, you have to send literal walls of stars at me in your nonspells, , hide small stars behind big ones on Milky Way, force me to rely on luck 90% of the time with NDL, obliterate me with Master Spark, and just swamp me while penning me into an inescapable fate with Light Ray.

Seriously. The number of times I'm boxed in, with a solid wall of stars flying at me is absurd.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #909 on: November 25, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
Quote from: Allosawyou
hide small stars behind big ones on Milky Way

Yuyuko likes doing that too. Just hiding some red butterfly-bullets in the WALL of violet and blue, just to piss off the player.

The last phase of this card is just plain weird, all of a sudden a part of the pattern vanishes, making it seemingly easier, just to sneak cheap deaths (three by now ... ) upon the player via the above method.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I can't think of any other way apart from sitting in the wall and praying for the best.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #910 on: November 25, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
I swear Marisa, if you were not so outright cheap for a Stage 4 Boss [Seriously, I find her attacks harder to dodge than Stage 6 bosses!], I'd use the Border Team and have cleared IN by now.
Marisa isn't as cheap as a certain other Stage 4 boss (Aya and her clipdeath rings of nonspells), and SOME parts of Marisa (first midboss card) are harder than SOME parts of final bosses, but as a whole final bosses are harder IMO
But no, you have to send literal walls of stars at me in your nonspells, , hide small stars behind big ones on Milky Way, force me to rely on luck 90% of the time with NDL, obliterate me with Master Spark, and just swamp me while penning me into an inescapable fate with Light Ray.
The nonspells are annoying, I usually bomb all of them on my difficulty of choice (since you didn't specify one and you're using the easy/normal names, and you're complaining about Earth Light Ray, I'm assuming normal difficulty), Milky Way is random and annoying (also, Touhou has a Z-sort making the larger bullets lower down just to prevent that complaint-you're just missing the small star over the larger sprite), NDL has no luck at all, use large movements to redirect the smaller stars, Master Spark is easily redirectable, but the screen-shaking is a complication until it doesn't affect you, Earth Light Ray can be dodged with big movements every other aimed barrage of stars (i.e., move left, to the center, right, reverse back to the center, back to the left, repeat).  Earth Light Ray is definitely the harder part of Marisa on normal though.
Seriously. The number of times I'm boxed in, with a solid wall of stars flying at me is absurd.
Hitboxes: very rarely is the 'solid' wall actually solid.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #911 on: November 26, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
SA lunatic, why you hate me so much.
Stage 1 - restart X number of times due to: get hit when trying to graze DNA-shooting fairies to collect some power items, get killed by Kisume, get killed by Yamame (1st nonspell = big wall, 2nd nonspell can wall ???)
Stage 2 - die to the beginning of the part before midboss (stupid STUPID jelly beans), die to Parsee's opener
Stage 3 - oh man, no matter how many bombs I have, I always have to lose 2 lives (or more!)
Stage 4 - cross my fingers and bomb every part possible and hope that I make it through with 2 deaths or less
Stage 5 - WHAT, how do I pass the part with many orbs shooting metal fatigue bullets. Also, midboss opener ???. At least I figured out how to abuse safespot and bombs to bulldoze my way through Orin.
Stage 6 - Okuu's first spell, 2nd nonspell, 3rd spell, and especially 4th spell = bomb bomb bomb death death death
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:31:00 PM by Kanon »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #912 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
What could have been a 750-800 million MoF extra run ended up being only 550 million because Suwa War clipped me twice.
What a choke.

« Reply #913 on: November 29, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
Edit: Replay deleted, there are newer versions of this.

... *sigh* I'll take a break. Best thing is: it's not the first time this kinda stuff happened. Sorry, I still can't accept this as a good design (I know, I know, this spellcard wasn't made for this, my own fault, etc.; just let me put all the blame on the card for now instead of facing my own inability).

edit: last 3 seconds. And yes, it was one of those "invisible" bullets. Up until that point 16 seconds was my best try and I destroyed that one myself ("oh lol let's move into a bullet"), I was at least able to blame myself entirely. Not so much anymore. *sigh*
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:25:16 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #914 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:56 AM »
Subterranean Animism lunatic at 90fps...

I'm retarded and didn't save a replay, but I did record it on livestream. You can watch it here if you want. Run starts at about 20:20.
Spoiler:
Also the thing I said at the end was directed at one of the guys watching who made a silly comment and was meant to be sarcastic
:V
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:53:10 AM by Naut »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #915 on: November 30, 2011, 05:53:49 AM »
Subterranean Animism lunatic at 90fps...
Naut Sign: bomb everything
Looks like that's how to go far in SA.

« Reply #916 on: November 30, 2011, 05:54:25 AM »
I see you're familiar with Touhou.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2011, 05:59:41 AM »
Naut, I wonder if you would be able to do either MoF or IN Easy at 180 fps.
I've managed to get to Mountain of Faith on my first try at MoF, and after a couple tries I managed to make it to Eirin's second last nonspell in IN.
I seriously think you would be able to do it.

« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2011, 07:05:13 AM »
Naut, I wonder if you would be able to do either MoF or IN Easy at 180 fps.
I've managed to get to Mountain of Faith on my first try at MoF, and after a couple tries I managed to make it to Eirin's second last nonspell in IN.
I seriously think you would be able to do it.

Maybe. But I probably won't try it.

Tried SA lunatic 90 again, had a spare life and 3 power entering sub sun, died once and then immediately after before even half her health was gone. Fuck this game.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #919 on: November 30, 2011, 07:08:30 AM »
C'mon Naut. I believe in you!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #920 on: November 30, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
Dude, I can't do lunatic 30.
Hush :V

On an SA note,

KOISHI KOMEIJI YOU SUCK
I should be able to beat you by now.
But I cannot.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #921 on: November 30, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »
edit: last 3 seconds. And yes, it was one of those "invisible" bullets. Up until that point 16 seconds was my best try and I destroyed that one myself ("oh lol let's move into a bullet"), I was at least able to blame myself entirely. Not so much anymore. *sigh*
I'm making progress aswell.

Let's race.

« Reply #922 on: November 30, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
You'll laugh, I got down to 3 seconds again. And got hit by an "invisible" bullet. Again. Here an example on how this feels.
Ah, sorry, that might've implied that this only happened once more. It did a few more times. Funny that, hahaha... haha... ... ha(te)...

... *sigh* ... don't know if I can continue this race Seppo. This card is draining any kind of motvation or fun I had. It's great and fun as long as one is under the misconception that the fast-red-bullets are the biggest threat. I long for those innocent days.

In any case: our runs can't be compared. You use Youmu, bigger hitbox, faster. You've got it way harder than I do with Reimu. I admire your efforts but just thinking about doing this with Youmu sends me in a metaphorical fit of undying rage.

Looking at your replay:  ... and the ninja bullet strikes again (indirectly). I feel your pain.
Fancy graze at the start.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:28:44 PM by qno2 »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #923 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
In any case: our runs can't be compared. You use Youmu, bigger hitbox, faster. You've got it way harder than I do with Reimu. I admire your efforts but just thinking about doing this with Youmu sends me in a metaphorical fit of undying rage.

Looking at your replay:  ... and the ninja bullet strikes again (indirectly). I feel your pain.
I've most likely wasted more runs into this card than you have, and I'm rather used to Youmu's unfocused speed, since I've done a lot of stuff on her. I quess I like playing her more than I do border team. Also, Youmu's speed actually gives you a couple of possible dodgin' options you don't have on Reimu (or at least I didn't have when I did my first timeout of the card on border team, focusing almost all the way). However, Youmu does make me want to swear when I have to micrododge stuff.

I also find SFN really fun card, or, if not fun, (6th death in a row to the "ninja bullet" (<- nice way to call those things) cuts a big load of the fun off for a second, I do admit that.)  at least beautiful. And I like playing the card, it's not like I'd be getting tired of doing it anywhere soon, so I think we have a bit different views on the matter. As I seriously gotta give you some respect when you're continuing with this even without all the additional urges striving you to try the card over and over again. And those deaths at 3sec. Uhhh, they hurt.

Good luck, in any case.

« Reply #924 on: November 30, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
Quote from: Seppo Hovi
Also, Youmu's speed actually gives you a couple of possible dodgin' options you don't have on Reimu
I agree, when I did a normal timeout with Yuyuko I was rather limited in my options of dodging due to low speed. But great power speed comes with great responsibility as well. One attempt of mine, ended at 16 seconds left, is more or less perfect to portray that responsibility:
I just got through a wave of blue and violet and a single red bullet was approaching (though dead set on aiming straight for me... as always). What did I do? I dodged INTO the butterfly-bullets that were innocently traveling back to Yuyuko for the next wave.
Good job me, have a facepalm.  :V

I've most likely wasted more runs into this card than you have,
No you haven't, I'm at 600 too (add the 1000 I needed with Yuyuko if you want). Though my first close try was at about 100 attempts in (the one described above). After that, every time I got close - a ninja appears.

However, Youmu does make me want to swear when I have to micrododge stuff.
And therein lies the true power of the ninja bullets when going for a no focus. If you can't evade it by going up/down, you're screwed. ... well and if you can't even see them coming... ... let's not talk about this.

Regarding what I think about this card: yes, it's beautiful, but I personally don't care for that when I'm starting my 600th run. There are more pressing matters to attend to.

Keep in mind that I 'just' did a Yuyuko timeout before this, so it's my own fault for jumping into this without any break. I don't hate this card but it's enough right now, the close attempts that are destroyed by (imo) absolute bullshit don't make me like the card more and the sheer amount of mistakes on my part doesn't help reduce my annoyance. Yet I'm so close - I just want it to be done. 
If I had no fun at all I wouldn't do this, but I also want to move on. There is so much stuff in Touhou I haven't done yet, still suck at and yet I'm holding myself back, trying to finish this card for good.

I'll take a break for today and tomorrow though, being annoyed at both the card and myself doesn't help in reducing mistakes.

Good luck to you as well.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:00:41 PM by qno2 »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #925 on: November 30, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
SA normal 90 FPS attempt:
perfect Stage 1
deathless 2 and 3
1 death stage 4
Enter Stage 5 with 7 lives
Exit with 1
Die to Utsuho's first spell and 2nd nonspell, game over

Worst part is I BOMBED ON HALF MY DEATHS

« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Urrgh that Astronomical Entombing keeps throwing a wall in my face at 50 seconds left. Sometimes before that too. Makes me displeased.
Its annoying how I keep getting myself walled.

EDIT: 36 seconds... Fuck that, why does my head insist on being retarded? I know I can dodge this if I could just keep focused on the card and not on anything else!

EDIT 2: This performance is several kinds of unacceptable. Two attempts ruined at 9 and 7 seconds left on that timer, infinite amounts of attempts lost at 40-50 seconds and over 300 as a whole. Why the fuck can't I do this attack? I feel so worthless now. I need a break from this attack.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:00:15 PM by Zengeku »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
SA 90 FPS normal: can't get to Stage 3 without a death any more
UFO 120 FPS easy: can't get anything to go right
UFO 90 FPS normal: Why can't I finish Stage 2 with 5+ lives any more?

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #928 on: December 01, 2011, 05:18:37 PM »
UFO Stage 5 Lunatic, though it's mainly because it's the only stage where I cannot figure out a way that will let me get through without losing a life (if everything goes well, that is). The stage portion alone won't let me do much more than break even with my bombs, and that's if nothing goes wrong. Unexpected trouble, though I can totally see why simply timing out Shou's second Spellcard is a better option than trying to capture it. Aside from that, I can read at least her first NS-Pattern somewhat reliably, third one might be possible, too, but this stage is bad news, no matter how you look at it.

Edit: Geesh, now I feel kind of stupid. There was a perfectly viable path right there in the first half of the stage, one that would allow me to make use of the fact that, in an average run, I can afford to destroy one red UFO before feeding it while also allowing me to get a green UFO at the exact moment that will cause the resulting big green UFO to be destroyed by Nazrin's appearance which will then allow me to collect a green UFO to go with into the second half. I must have been blind, I don't know why, but I just love going through strategies when I'm in my bed, unable to sleep, I come up with some real nuggets there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:59:27 AM by Lepetit89 »

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #929 on: December 03, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
Kanako's final spellcard of rainbow murder. Got down to no lives, it was pretty much neck and neck. Then I saw her begin to disintegrate at the end of the battle, but... I got distracted and ran into a bullet. Underneath the GAME OVER screen... I saw Kanako in a sort of limbo. I don't even think that was even legal.
It was Normal, too, my first ever 1CC because Sanae whittles me down with her snakey-bullet-edges-with-knife-rows-firing-at-you spellcard, also known as: Sea Opening "The Day the Sea Split". Gah.