Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139498 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
Everyone thinks Orin is hard.
Then they fight Shou and realise that Orin, in comparison, is nothing. Apart from her 3rd nonspell and Ghost Wheels obv.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #691 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »

FUCK

(the image is a link to the replay ~ witness my two deaths to Terrible Souvenir, and more)

On the bright side, I captured more post-Satori cards than I might have thought I would.

I guess now that "game overing to the last second of the final" now makes me a member of some club somewhere.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
Everyone thinks Orin is hard.
Then they fight Shou and realise that Orin, in comparison, is nothing. Apart from her 3rd nonspell and Ghost Wheels obv.
Exactly. Even Orin's third nonspell isn't too threatening when you know the pattern.

More on-topic, I played through all of Koishi for the first time in forever. I got to Release of the Id and proceeded to instantly die. Man I'm rusty at reading that attack's startup.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2011, 02:38:14 AM »
My most recent UFO hard attempt session went like so:
1: death to Gold Detector
2: UFO screwup
3: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
4: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
5: UFO screwup
6: Busy Rod mistake
7: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
8: UFO screwup
9: midboss Nazrin's second nonspell hit me???
10: StickyKeys death
11: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
12: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
13: High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum death
14: Kogasa's second nonspell clipdeath+death to Kogasa's last spell.  ragequit.

EDIT: CHOKE ON MoF EXTRA (NO FOCUS) ON MISHAGUJI-SAMA ANOTHER COUPLE SECONDS/IF I'D USED MY BOMB RAAAAAAAGE

EDIT #2: Ichirin is the bane of my Touhou playing.  The attacks of hers I can do clip me way too much, and the ones I can't do hit me before I can bomb half the time.

« Reply #694 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Exactly. Even Orin's third nonspell isn't too threatening when you know the pattern.

I haven't played either SA or UFO so I'm probably in no position to judge here, but from what I've seen Orin looks harder than Shou. It's probably because curvy lasers don't look all that hard to dodge when you're watching someone play, but when you'e playing through them yourself they're hell. (coughMerlincough)
Shou's second to last card (the one with the green rotating lasers) looks like complete bullshit though.
-
Okay, why do I keep screwing up all these EoSD extra runs with Marisa B? Dying twice to ATWTBN is just dumb when you have bombs in stock.

« Reply #695 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
Orin has two non-spell that can be trivialized if you know how to handle them and her two first spellcard aren't that hard (last one isn't either). She is just hard because of ghost wheels and the non-spell

Shou has her non-spells and Radiant Treasure Gun (and that one with the spinning lasers, and Complete Clarification), only thing that is really easy is Aura of Justice
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #696 on: September 21, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
I was doing a pacifist attempt at Shizuha when Marisa showed up, then THIS happened :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJx9vfTuMM

I find your montages awesome :V

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #697 on: September 22, 2011, 02:16:03 AM »
"We meet again, Remilia!"
"I think not! Ass Sign: Expand Hitboxes!"
"What are you talking about?!"
>Dies in the white part of a bubble bullet

« Reply #698 on: September 23, 2011, 04:00:52 AM »
Koishi, please stop clipping me with your fucking heart danmaku KTHNX.

I have captured Rorschach in Danmaku. I have not captured Release of the Id or Superego. I think there is something wrong with this picture.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #699 on: September 23, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »
Koishi, please stop clipping me with your fucking heart danmaku KTHNX.

I have captured Rorschach in Danmaku. I have not captured Release of the Id or Superego. I think there is something wrong with this picture.
When I cleared I had a 0/3 on Rorschach, a 3/4 on Id and a 1/4 on Superego I think.  There is definitely something wrong with that.

WHY DO I KEEP SCREWING UP THE EASY STUFF (e.g., MoF extra stage portion/UFO hard stage 1)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #700 on: September 23, 2011, 01:15:58 PM »
lol why am I pacifisting

MoF extra to Omiwatari God Crosses

I'll get to Suwako eventually ~

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #701 on: September 23, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
> Play SA Hard with Reimu A
> No death first two stages
> Lose everything to Yuugi
> Try again with Marisa C
> Same thing happens

Yuugi diaf

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #702 on: September 23, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
> Play SA Hard with Reimu A
> No death first two stages
> Lose everything to Yuugi
> Try again with Marisa C
> Same thing happens

Yuugi diaf
But Yuugi is easy!  It's a certain OTHER Stage 3 boss that eats my lives *cough*Ichirin*cough*
Well, I guess Yuugi is hard at 120 FPS since she kept killing me, but at 120 FPS all deaths are either caused because the required movements are too precise or due to stupidity.

Zil

« Reply #703 on: September 23, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
So I get to Mamizou's final spellcard with no deaths so far, go into trance mode... and the game crashes.

« Reply #704 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
You do have the patch right?

Zil

« Reply #705 on: September 24, 2011, 12:08:06 AM »
You do have the patch right?

Ah! No I don't. I didn't realize there was one. I take it the crashing thing is a common problem, and the patch fixes it? Well then... I thought it was just my computer.  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »
120 FPS Shou...either you bomb, die or get lucky.

« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
Ah! No I don't. I didn't realize there was one. I take it the crashing thing is a common problem, and the patch fixes it? Well then... I thought it was just my computer.  :V

No, its not your computer but some weird bug in the vanilla version of the game. Patch found here
The patch fixes the crashing in the extra stages along with a bug that makes Seiga and Tojiko's midboss non-spells appear instead of their mid-boss spellcards in spell practice.

« Reply #708 on: September 24, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
MOF Stage 4

why must you exist

you always ruin my schemes runs

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #709 on: September 24, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
Aah...10D extra no deaths attempt, I made it all the way to the survival card, and had a smidgeon of trance left to go. I tried to leech some off the side clones, and got ganked. Ah well, live and learn. Thanks to trance mode this shouldn't be too difficult if I get serious about it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
« Reply #710 on: September 24, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
I hate you Yoshika, always messing up my glorious runs.
I even have a better time with Futo than you.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #711 on: September 24, 2011, 10:36:03 PM »
Grrrrrrr. Now I'm actually mad. I decided I would give IN Marisa an honest try at perfecting, since for some reason I've never gotten around to it. Several times I've 1DNB'd her, but it's always something...and this one time, when I get past all of that, I die on fucking Shoot the Moon. You know, the throwaway card that 8/10 times will never give you any trouble as long as you move right? Why is this 2/10 chance always on the run it counts? >:(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #712 on: September 25, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
Those Ultra patches are such BS. I pretty much just deleted the Ultra patched games except for IN Ultra which is actually pretty decent.

psyfaqs111

• Computer fixed, all hyped ready too go and then.....
  • No, NO FLANDRE, YOU CANNOT DESTROY IT
« Reply #713 on: September 25, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
for some odd reason, my EoSD keeps lagging when i get to meiling.......
prevents me from trying to 1cc EoSD normal

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #714 on: September 25, 2011, 06:43:35 AM »
I try to perfect Ten Desires stage 6 normal, die to the last 2 spells once each.
Try to perfect MoF Stage 4 normal, die 3 times to Momiji.  I CAN USUALLY TIME OUT MOMIJI PERFECTLY FINE
Try to perfect UFO Stage 4 normal, ram the first bullet after the intro sequence, then fail to Sinker Ghost, AGAIN
Try to perfect Ten Desires Stage 4 normal, ram a bullet on Seiga's second nonspell.
Try to perfect UFO Stage 3 normal, die to Ichirin's first spell because a bullet hid behind another one.
Try to perfect SA Stage 6 normal, get clipped by a blue bullet as I'm about to capture Utsuho's first spell.
Try to perfect IN Stage 3 lunatic, die to Keine's midboss nonspell...

and after a great Stage 3 and as solid Stage 4 of UFO hard, I die TWICE to the stage prtion of Stage 5. with full bombs.  before Nazrin shows up.

« Reply #715 on: September 25, 2011, 11:46:08 AM »
Goddammit what the hell is wrong with my head? Why can't it stay focused on the fucking game instead of everything else goddammit! Mamizous overdrive. I got it down to 7 fucking seconds left and then I get hit. Why couldn't I just keep it going those few seconds more? My brain sucks.

Also. Fuck. Futo's. Overdrive. Its easy to capture, its easy to time out. Timing out the phase that appears when trying to capture it though... I'm not complaining about the amulet hell. Its hard as fuck and bullets hide under other bullets to cause rather infuriating failures but that's not the point. The point is that you get to do some horribufuckus pixel perfect fitting through gaps. A situation where the gap is piss easy to figure out where is because the bullets are so slow but the issue being properly alligning yourself.

Okay, I'm finished now. I want to time out Mamizou's overdrive. I've gotten it close and its an issue of bad dodging skills but the other one is just an issue of how the fuck do I get Reimu to move little enough. Not fucking fun.

« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2011, 06:21:52 AM »
Why can't I ever seem to learn how to dodge Release of the Id or Superego. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

Last run went as follows:

>No deaths in stage
>All spells up to Release of the Id captured (except Rice Shower which was timed out)
>Three bombs and a death during Release of the Id
>Two deaths during Superego and I lost count of the bomb use
>One bomb during Rorschach, one derp death during Embers of Love, Polygraph capped
>Game over at Genetics

AAAAAGH.

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #717 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:49 PM »
Dear Kaguya,
Would you mind NOT killing me on your very last spell card please? T_T

« Reply #718 on: September 27, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »
SA is terribufuckus. I died to Catwalk three times row. As in, once at each of the three waves. Really infuriating since part of me just wants to restart and try it again but then comes the revelation that the first half of the stage is hell-a-boring, so much in fact that it makes Danish poems sound fascinating. Oh well... still holding up pretty well against Orin at least. Only one miss on the third spellcard which was pretty annoying since the card was almost beaten but it was my own mistake so whatever...

Okay. Btw, SA is not terribufuckus but the idea of not including spell practice is, when you have boring stages. (Which turns into a fun stage after the midboss though where dodging is implemented). Really though, I don't have too much to complain about. Have a good day everyone.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #719 on: September 29, 2011, 05:25:51 AM »
I'm pretty convinced now that stages 3, 5, and 6 of Mystic Square hate me. Especially the last boss.