Author Topic: TH Trumpet FM Simulation  (Read 7088 times)

TH Trumpet FM Simulation
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »
A minor, A late discovery ..... For anyone (composer,arranger) interest in getting the trumpet sound,but afraid of crappy quality from soundfront file.....so here is other solution, a FM solution!

I use a free FM VST called SQ8L,after so many hard efforts with tweaking ...here is the result

https://app.box.com/s/sxxsalnr3vpdioa5b11vwzr72arg88zg

here is a prototype preset,load and try it, you still can do modifying further for better result!

app.box.com/s/ln7tyb99z14gn7hfsqwj6hc392chuaym

=> Decreased Attack time....

enjoy the patch!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:27:30 PM by KoolKool993 »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: TH Trumpet FM Simulation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
It sounds really... electronic. I feel like that you need to tweak it a little more to get closer to a ZUNpet.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »
It sounds really... electronic. I feel like that you need to tweak it a little more to get closer to a ZUNpet.

thanks for comment!

why don't you help me a hand? :D i just did what according to my sound analyzing experience

to my understanding, synthesis sound is "electronic type" (so it's hard to pass the limitation) ...i think the ZUN trumpet is a synthesis sound too, so it's easy to simulate!

Edit
- The Attack Time is long,so i must shorten it
- Have to decrease LFO parameter a little bit, vibrato is a funky effect.but too much is no good

any improvement you guy want to suggest?
i think this solution will provide greater advantange than using soundfront (for composing), a FM VST can generate almost every MIDI sounds with high quality,dynamic result!

Note: If your post is last, please use edit instead of doubleposting -Helepolis
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:09:39 PM by Helepolis »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
Okay, I'm having trouble downloading the patch. Could you put it on MEGA or MediaFire?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 02:52:20 AM »
here! :)

Code: [Select]
https://mega.nz/#!wJgnyAzK!W-eUSQq3e_-6Bj-OtsvDT-LqxKYFM6-lC2vO4Z--w6Q

Gusano Wornis

• Member of Team Mystique
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 11:38:37 PM »
You will not be able to simulate a simple of a real trumpet that was resynthetized into the SD-XX Series, lmao.

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:33:43 PM by Alfred F. Jones »
carrying dead weight since 2015~

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 03:20:14 AM »
You will not be able to simulate a simple of a real trumpet that was resynthetized into the SD-XX Series, lmao.

yeah! you're right! i gave up after trying hard with multiple possibilities on SQ8L,first time i thought  it's originally synthetic instrument...lol! how silly i am!

[REDACTED TOO]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:35:26 PM by Alfred F. Jones »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 09:37:59 PM »
Sorry guys, I know your intentions are good but the link is made for SD20 owners and won't install at all without one connected. The legit installer won't just work on any ol' PC unless you have a legit copy. Leaving that link up just invites talking about/linking to warez, which is against forum rules. Don't repost that in public, y'hear?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »
umm....but why did you edit my post too?
i just want to keep up the progress of simulation and show sample of development! :
To be on the safe side. If you want to re-link to those soundclouds you can go ahead. I was on mobile when I edited them so I couldn't open them and verify that they didn't contain downloads.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »
the "MEGA" link is dead and I can't download it from the other link.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 04:03:35 AM »
the "MEGA" link is dead and I can't download it from the other link.

i just posted new link in the previous post but mod edited away..aw!

here is the final version of my FM synthesis simulation attempt,it may not sound like beloved real zunpet,but a very quite oriental feel trumpet
https://mega.nz/#!NV5z2ZKK!P2Ti-M0WVV_OYaObyjrvHnpJmAE-l0o2E2ThjBpymjE

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 04:07:05 AM »
To be on the safe side. If you want to re-link to those soundclouds you can go ahead. I was on mobile when I edited them so I couldn't open them and verify that they didn't contain downloads.

but what the problem with patch download?
the vst i use is free product,so the patch i made is free,open source too, not warez